Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,574 members, 7,895,283 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 07:23 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8963152 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7364) (7365) (7366) (7367) (7368) (7369) (7370) ... (14261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 10:25pm On Dec 12, 2019
I hope Greenwood would give us the hattrick...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 10:26pm On Dec 12, 2019
Leyqute:

Greenwood brace. grin

I need a hattrick from him embarassed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 10:26pm On Dec 12, 2019
A goal and two assists for Mata.. loll
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LegoxMetahuman: 10:26pm On Dec 12, 2019
3 wins in row

ole on the wheel embarassed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by paafin(m): 10:27pm On Dec 12, 2019
afrodoc2:

Lol. When fellowed fans like us said Greenwood was the best finisher in the club when he was still playing youth football some doubted us.

Not many fans do watch our under 23 play..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Khaytunechi: 10:27pm On Dec 12, 2019
I saw the first half and left. The midfield was just too lethargic with Matic, Mata, Pereira offering nothing! I'm shocked we put four past them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 12, 2019
0-0 to 4-0.. How? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:31pm On Dec 12, 2019
Khaytunechi:
I saw the first half and left. The midfield was just too lethargic with Matic, Mata, Pereira offering nothing! I'm shocked we put four past them.

Full backs moved higher up the field with the CBs spreading wide, and Mata started dropping deep to orchestrate.
Then the tempo generally increased also.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:32pm On Dec 12, 2019
afrodoc2:

Lol. When fellowed fans like us said Greenwood was the best finisher in the club when he was still playing youth football some doubted us.

LoL.

I remember I had an argument about this with someone here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 10:33pm On Dec 12, 2019
Truthfully speak, the left side has been busier than the right.

Brandon Williams is a joy to watch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:41pm On Dec 12, 2019
adebayo201:
Truthfully speak, the left side has been busier than the right.

Brandon Williams is a joy to watch.

He plays like a midfielder. Very patient on the ball.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:41pm On Dec 12, 2019
Make una leave banter tell us how the match go.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:42pm On Dec 12, 2019
patrickmuf:
Make una leave banter tell us how the match go.

4-0
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 10:47pm On Dec 12, 2019
Funny how Brandon Williams was relatively unknown at the beginning of the season (except maybe Afrodoc). All the hype was on Gomes, Chong & Greenwood. I think this has helped him sha.

He's come in silently and is seriously staking his claim for a regular starting spot. I hope he becomes our own Arnold.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:53pm On Dec 12, 2019
Maybe Williams, at RB, and Shaw against teams that park the bus
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 10:54pm On Dec 12, 2019
Smh. This hattrick curse continues angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:57pm On Dec 12, 2019
afrodoc2:

4-0
Did we play well?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 10:57pm On Dec 12, 2019
obainojazz:
A goal and two assists for Mata.. loll

It would not deceive me oo grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:57pm On Dec 12, 2019
chrisley024:
Maybe Williams, at RB, and Shaw against teams that park the bus

Laird is going to be very good also. Faster and stronger than Williams, and he was the reason Williams moved to LB.
Williams is a better passer though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:59pm On Dec 12, 2019
patrickmuf:
Did we play well?

1st half was in top 3 of our worst performances this season.

2nd half (especially first 20 mins) was top 3 of our best performances.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:18pm On Dec 12, 2019
A game of two halves grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:23pm On Dec 12, 2019
4-0 in 20mins grin

Good for Greenwood confidence going forward.

Martial see your life outside. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by OgaBuhari: 11:27pm On Dec 12, 2019
Ravioli:
So the 8 teams who have dropped from the Champions League to the Europa League are Ajax, Benfica, Inter Milan, Red Bull Salzburg, Shakhtar Donetsk, Club Brugge, Olympiakos & Bayer Leverkusen.

The difficulty level of us winning this competition has just gone up by 10.
Ajax couldn't qualify for the second round?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:28pm On Dec 12, 2019
It’s official. Greenwood’s better foot is the left.
Funny thing is he takes penalties and some free kicks with the right.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:28pm On Dec 12, 2019
afrodoc2:

Laird is going to be very good also. Faster and stronger than Williams, and he was the reason Williams moved to LB.
Williams is a better passer though.
Both should be tried then.
I think we now have enough backup in the fullback areas.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:33pm On Dec 12, 2019
chrisley024:
Both should be tried then.
I think we now have enough backup in the fullback areas.

We do, IF Shaw can step up and be a quality starting LB.
Williams and Laird are not ready to play week in and week out, especially on the defensive end.

We need AWB and Shaw to be the quality starters with Laird and Williams being the back ups.
Young should be given a good send off at the end of the season.
Dalot is the one I am not sure of.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 11:47pm On Dec 12, 2019
afrodoc2:
It’s official. Greenwood’s better foot is the left.
Funny thing is he takes penalties and some free kicks with the right.

The guy is like a gunslinger from a Clint Eastwood Western with trigger fingers on each drawing hand. A nightmare to defend against cos you'll think you're dragging him to his weaker side when you're just giving him time to get his shot right.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 11:50pm On Dec 12, 2019
afrodoc2:

We do, IF Shaw can step up and be a quality starting LB.
Williams and Laird are not ready to play week in and week out, especially on the defensive end.

We need AWB and Shaw to be the quality starters with Laird and Williams being the back ups.
Young should be given a good send off at the end of the season.
Dalot is the one I am not sure of.
This guy was making sense one time like that for us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 12, 2019
larride:
4-0 in 20mins grin

Good for Greenwood confidence going forward.

Martial see your life outside. undecided

11 minutes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 12:12am On Dec 13, 2019
afrodoc2:

1st half was in top 3 of our worst performances this season.

2nd half (especially first 20 mins) was top 3 of our best performances.
Lol, very apt doc.

First half, they left the pressing for the front 3 alone I nearly lost my voice. Gave a very good second half performance when the pressing became synchronized.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bigcowhorn: 3:10am On Dec 13, 2019
[s]
OgaBuhari:
Ajax couldn't qualify for the second round?
[/s]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Khaytunechi: 6:08am On Dec 13, 2019
afrodoc2:

Full backs moved higher up the field with the CBs spreading wide, and Mata started dropping deep to orchestrate.
Then the tempo generally increased also.
It appears OGS's in-game management is beginning to make sense.
There was a time in the first-half that he made a gesture with his hands that the guys should be compact. At the time, the AZ backline and midfield were picking us open because our players pressed in isolation.

Matic and Mata knows next to nothing about high press. They're as old fashioned as they come.

Happy for GreenWood getting the goals- the boy's conversion is mad. Brandon Williams attacks nicely, a joy to watch! He only needs to buck up like Scott in a year.

4-0, flattering scoreline but it's nice to not struggle for goals, even on our worst days.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7364) (7365) (7366) (7367) (7368) (7369) (7370) ... (14261) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.