Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,218 members, 7,963,988 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 03:26 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9199800 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (14400) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 26, 2012
1025:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha kakakakakakakakakakaka, mamamamamamamamamama, lololololololo, jajajajajajajajaja, gagagagagagagagagaga wowowowowowowowowowow. won't u thank God for my life if i tell u that i did not finish primary school? the last time i checked, here is sports forum and not an english class. abeg, go and die if u are tired of living.
and what happened to "Standford Bridge"?Is that now a Swahili word?
You are a fool, just admit it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 1025: 10:04am On Jul 26, 2012
StarBoard:

The oaf still thinks he did nothing wrong.

u are a product of an oaf meeting with an imbe...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 26, 2012
Oga Standford Bridge, get your own lines abeg.
Why rip off what I said to you?
I ask you,what about Standford bridge,Mr. Proud to be Chelsea fan?
Or do you support Berekem Chelsea of Ghana?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:00am On Jul 26, 2012
ritchboy: "Howard Webb STRUCKED twice"!!! grin grin grin

I should start reading 1025's posts for comic relief. . . cheesy

"strucked" is the best English word I learnt in the last 24 hours. i am joining your classroom of comic relief too. how much is the fee?

RuuDie:
Oh please. . .I was patiently waiting like 50 for you to play the 'morale card', anybody else and I'd let it pass. Now you remember there is such a thing as 'morale' and dropping it when some 'freak' events happen - you who pointedly told me on this same forum that Bruno Alves should not call himself a pro-footie player if he allows such a 'little' incident as being interrupted in a semi-final of major tournament to un-nerve him! So because we conceded 4 goals at home, we should just throw in the towel and hand the trophy over abi!?

you want to compare putting the ball into the net from 12 yards to losing the pole position in a marathon like the premier league? we drew everton, with the man city game to play @ the etihad. it was an uphill task from then on with many of our players out injured especially in the defence.

I am surprised you haven't started posting higher education stats and youtube videos yet. Here's some of the stats we racked up in those last 2 games:

Manchester United v Swansea City - 28(7) Shots (on Goal), 16 Corner Kicks, 60% Time of Possession
Sunderland v Manchester United - 21 (7) Shots (on Goal), 9 Corner Kicks, 65% Time of Possession

you can have 72% possession and not score goals. chelsea vs barca duel last season is a good reference point. united still won the games you listed and in this premier league marathon, points matter more than goals! all we had to do was outscore everton at old trafford and we would have been 2 points ahead of man city with their +10,000 goals difference.

you criticise our strike force not scoring 50 goals. how many minutes did the peripheral strikers play? hernandez n berbatov had limited appearances. only welbeck(a rookie) had plenty of minutes under his belt.:...the number of goals our wingers scored compensated for the number of goals the strikers did not score. anyone reading your posts would think city attack were too superior but stats say they scored a mere 4 goals than united....

Did you even see the Shenhua friendly? Some strike-force with potential we have got eh!?

don't pay attention to preseason games - its just a fitness programme to get players up to speed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2012
RuuDie:

Last season, it sure as hell was. . .the guys who starred most in attack - Rooney, Chicharito, Welbeck - couldn't even total 50 goals together; so we shouldn't be worried!?

We watched citeh beat Newcastle 2-0; in 40 mins, we were already 2 goals up. . .what stopped us from winning by a margin of 4 or 5 at the very least!? Indeed, it isn't CM or PES!

How was it a problem when we scored over 100+ goals in the season?
So because you are 2-0 up in 40 mins, in football, it automatically means you should win by 4/5 goal margin? Is this how you analyze footy?
Like someone said earlier, our PRIORITY should be tightening the midfield and defence.
The way teams were slicing through our midfield and exposing our defence last season was the worst I've seen especially at Old Trafford.
Sort out the major issues first.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 6:34pm On Jul 26, 2012
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 1025: 9:48pm On Jul 26, 2012
Glazers under fan pressure
Fans fear crippling debt may hinder signing new players

The Manchester United Supporters Trust have called on the Glazer family to launch a full flotation of the Old Trafford outfit, amid reports that their planned initial public offering (IPO) launch in New York has been shelved.

First in Hong Kong and Singapore, then New York, it has seemed the Glazer family have been looking to raise additional capital through a partial sale of the club.

It is estimated the debt incurred during their leveraged takeover in 2005 has so far seen in excess of £500million taken out of United to pay assorted fees and charges.

And within their prospectus, it was admitted the club's present debt of £423million could hamper them in the transfer market.

Though manager Sir Alex Ferguson launched another passionate defence of the Glazers over the weekend, even moderate United fans are bewildered as to how a club who attract in excess of 70,000 supporters to every home game - and have greater commercial income than most clubs manage in total turnover - can encounter such massive problems trying to sign the best players.

More militant strands of that support, who have maintained a hostile stance towards the Glazers throughout their time associated with the club, are sensing a weakness.

With market conditions not improving and reception to a highly complicated IPO - that would bring in two classes of shares and effectively leave the Glazers in total control and require a new Manchester United company to be based in the Cayman Islands - said to be lukewarm, MUST have launched another attack.

"We now call on the Glazers to come back with a full flotation of Manchester United with a single class of full voting shares," MUST chief executive Duncan Drasdo said.

"Should they choose to do this, with no strings attached, we would support such a flotation wholeheartedly and encourage the global fan base of Manchester United to seize such an historic opportunity to secure a meaningful fan ownership stake where the priorities of the club are the same as the fans - not absentee owners."

It seems highly unlikely MUST will get their wish. Indeed, there are also reports that road-shows to publicise the IPO will be held, possibly as soon as Friday.

The absence of United chief executive David Gill from the pre-season tour of South Africa and Asia is an indication that might well happen.

It has even been suggested the club could price the offering at some point in the week commencing August 13.

while fergie and his boys are busy with their fashion parade somewhere, the club owners are languishing in pains elsewhere. which way manur?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 11:19am On Jul 27, 2012
1025:

while fergie and his boys are busy with their fashion parade somewhere, the club owners are languishing in pains elsewhere. which way manur?

monkey dey work monkey dey chop!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 1025: 1:15pm On Jul 27, 2012
adebayo201:

monkey dey work monkey dey chop!

uncle, am sure no be evra u dey call monkey? remember wetin happen to suarez when he called evra monkey
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:42pm On Jul 29, 2012
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:45pm On Jul 30, 2012
1025:
won't u thank God for my life if i tell u that i did not finish primary school? the last time i checked, here is sports forum and not an english class. abeg, go and die if u are tired of living.

can someone pls tell me that fergie did not say all these. is he experiencing memory lose at this age already?

when chelsea was buy ballack and sheva, comments were made and now we are buying oscar and the hazardous, comments are also [b]been [/b]made. in epl, who started these crazy buys and sales? man u(fergie) is this signs or weak financial abilities?

DAMN!!!! i do not envy you guys
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:00pm On Jul 30, 2012
cry
4llerbuntu:

DAMN!!!! i do not envy you guys

everyone has a kevlar vest here ---- 1025's bullets are impotent!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 4:03pm On Jul 30, 2012
Do y'all want the greying Dutchman or not?

Pay up and offer us £25m. . . .surely you don't want those noisy neighbours to get him? Y'all get a £5m discount because of the Fergie Wenger relationship. Citeh price is £30m. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:25pm On Jul 30, 2012
debosky: Do y'all want the greying Dutchman or not?

Pay up and offer us £25m. . . .surely you don't want those noisy neighbours to get him? Y'all get a £5m discount because of the Fergie Wenger relationship. Citeh price is £30m. grin

fergie is a tool - maybe he's looking at the vacuum owen and berbatov would create but then he doesn't need to move dimitar berbatov - our bite in the midfield should be addressed instead of acquiring van persie!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 6:45pm On Jul 30, 2012
debosky: Do y'all want the greying Dutchman or not?

Please keep him. No thanks.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 1025: 4:08pm On Jul 31, 2012
if everybody will be able to let that van persie expire for wenger hand, i for good. anybody can get him for free next season so why wasting money?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AjanleKoko: 4:55pm On Jul 31, 2012
Na wa for RVP.
- offers himself to Barcelona. Answer is NO.
- Offers himself to Real Madrid. Answer is No.
- offers himself to Chelsea. Answer is NO.
-offers himself to Man Citeh. Answer is NO.
. . . finally, offers himself to Man United. Answer is . . . Tick Tock, Tick, Tock!!! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:57pm On Jul 31, 2012
AjanleKoko: Na wa for RVP.
. . . finally, offers himself to Man United. Answer is . . . Tick Tock, Tick, Tock!!! grin

grin grin grin

u go tire for advisers na.

the bloke just fall everybody hand. at this point im willing to bet he wont go anywhere, will eventually turn round to issue an apology to the club and the fans, see out the one year. then move to schalke 04 or somewhere equally weird like that.

by this time next year he will not have the same stock na, and new stars go explode. all the big clubs will be looking elsewhere by then.

i actually thought the dude had a deal lined up already before his rubbish press release, mumu. wenger will not bend his ego this time, lai lai. they pay up else he stays. lose lose for all, but more for him

big miscalculation
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 7:46pm On Jul 31, 2012
AjanleKoko: Na wa for RVP.

Maybe the Euros showed everyone that he isnt as good as he is hyped to be.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 8:17pm On Jul 31, 2012
Who said anyone has rejected RVP? Everyone is biding their time trying to get the best deal possible.

They are not seeking to pay over the odds, simply because he is 29 and has a record littered with injuries.

The current reports are that Juve are ready to pay £20m and £190k per week. . . .doesn't sound like rejection to me.

RVP will move and get his big payday, be it at Utd, Citeh or Juve.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 9:05pm On Jul 31, 2012
If they are convinced about his abilities no one would care about the price.

David Villa bagged a 35-40m transfer at age 29

Didnt City pay 18m for De Jong that had 6months left

No one trust van persie and they regard his last season a fluke

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 1025: 1:03am On Aug 01, 2012
dayokanu: If they are convinced about his abilities no one would care about the price.

RVP is not in the game alone. every arsenal player struggles to make one season wonder to attract suitors. they all know that they are passengers at arsenal and as soon as the make it happen in just one season, clubs will come calling and the naughty professor is always happy whenever he has a market. he will come out and say to his great fan/listeners that the player is going nowhere funny enough, whenever he says that, the player ends up going somewhere.all what these helpless fans do is to wait to call the player judas.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AjanleKoko: 8:25am On Aug 01, 2012
debosky:
The current reports are that Juve are ready to pay £20m and £190k per week. . . .doesn't sound like rejection to me.

So why are they not moving?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 8:54am On Aug 01, 2012
AjanleKoko:

So why are they not moving?

How do you know they are not moving?

The transfer process is called a process for a reason - there are negotiations involved, bluffing, offers, counter-offers, etc.

For all we know, Juve has put in a bid but Arsenal has released this information to the public (as they did with Man Utd's bid as confirmed by Fergie) just to drive up the price.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 9:10am On Aug 01, 2012
dayokanu: If they are convinced about his abilities no one would care about the price.

Wrong - the only question is about his fitness not abilities - Villa had a track record of fitness and didn't have a year left on his contract. It's easy to make bland comparisons when you don't have proper info.

David Villa moved to Barca in 2010, when he still had 3 years left on his deal - that cannot be compared to the 1 year left on RVP's deal.

So money miss road clubs are now a test of what? Everyone knows that was an extremely foolish decision - even Citeh are not spending like that anymore.

RVP scored 22 goals in 33 appearances in 2010/11 before 37 in 48 appearances in 2011/12. In three of the last four seasons he's scored more than 20 goals a season. If that's the definition of a fluke, then I guess Rooney is a fluke too. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 01, 2012
1025:
RVP is not in the game alone. every arsenal player struggles to make one season wonder to attract suitors. they all know that they are passengers at arsenal and as soon as the make it happen in just one season, clubs will come calling and the naughty professor is always happy whenever he has a market. he will come out and say to his great fan/listeners that the player is going nowhere funny enough, whenever he says that, the player ends up going somewhere.all what these helpless fans do is to wait to call the player judas.

Animals with horns were discussing a matter and the snail cleared its throat to contribute. . .with a ton of lunacy to boot
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 01, 2012
for once debosky is actually correct.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:59pm On Aug 01, 2012
StarBoard: for once debosky is actually correct.

YIMU. correct ko, coneect ni

dem no wan pay big money, arsenal want big money. na player go suffer am noni.

he will continue his old contract for 1 season. he will be given the eboue treatment if and when he plays.
he will not put his heart in the game anymore.
he will chop bench.
next season he will leave on a free and find out only pple like fulham or bayern are interested and at a lower wage.
dreams of glory are out the window

so how is debosky right? tongue tongue cheesy cheesy cheesy

ANYWAY NEWS REACHING ME FROM Debosky, my correspondent for dobosikiy sports network is that Van PEE has been sold to Juventus, signed, sealed, delivered!! grin grin
now we can all move on....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 02, 2012
^^^
debosky is right.
David Villa had 3 years on his contract at Valencia when he moved to Barca. His fitness record was far better than van Persie's.
No one in his right mind should offer more than 15 million quid for someone who's 29 and with a dodgy injury record,barring last season.
The case of Arsenal wanting money is because he is technically their player by contract.If van Persie didn't have the stellar season he did last season, I'm not sure they would be in this position in the first place (i.e. wanting to keep him), let alone demanding that exhorbitant price for his signature.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by yemmight(m): 12:50pm On Aug 03, 2012
Is this how our trophy will be gotten back when old man is not even making any impact in transfer market? Even Arsenal are really looking good with the new signing with an addition Carzola today. They already preparing a replacement for Song. Old man has revealed to us we will be loosing 3 defenders at the start of the season and Evra is already a shyte. Honestly, this season will be worst ever for us if drastic change is not effected. It just pains me anytime we identify fine players and some clubs will then beat us to it. angry angry angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:32pm On Aug 03, 2012
yemmight: Is this how our trophy will be gotten back when old man is not even making any impact in transfer market? Even Arsenal are really looking good with the new signing with an addition Carzola today. They already preparing a replacement for Song. Old man has revealed to us we will be loosing 3 defenders at the start of the season and Evra is already a shyte. Honestly, this season will be worst ever for us if drastic change is not effected. It just pains me anytime we identify fine players and some clubs will then beat us to it. angry angry angry angry

calm your nerves....
we are perfectly fine for the start of the season in my opinion!

------de gea------
jones--rio--vidic--evra
--cleverley--anderson
valencia--kagawa--nani
--------rooney------------

the team up there would compete with any team in the division!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ritchboy(m): 1:49pm On Aug 03, 2012
coogar:

calm your nerves....
we are perfectly fine for the start of the season in my opinion!

------de gea------
jones--rio--vidic--evra
--cleverley--anderson
valencia--kagawa--nani
--------rooney------------

the team up there would compete with any team in the division!

This is a really good XI. . . Consider Ando/Cleverley > Carrick(aka bestest English DM) cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (14400) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.