Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,945 members, 7,927,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 11:04 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7775) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9079583 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7772) (7773) (7774) (7775) (7776) (7777) (7778) ... (14308) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:46pm On Apr 29, 2020
codedguy1:

Tough!!!

Steam, Keane and schokes look more balanced than Vidic, Carrick and Rooney but the flair and fire power between Ronaldo and Tevez was explosive, with Rooney.

The synergy and understanding between Cole and York was made in heaven.

Really tough one.

Let me see what others will choose first grin

Aswear Cole and Yorke understood each other very well
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamoyindamola(m): 6:05pm On Apr 29, 2020
afrodoc2:

Tevez and Ronaldo carry the day.
How will they do that when scholes and Keane would have sent one of them to 10 years injury grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 29, 2020
eph12:
Who wins?

07/08

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:04pm On Apr 29, 2020
iamoyindamola:

How will they do that when scholes and Keane would have sent one of them to 10 years injury grin

I swear, Keane with his hard tackles and scholes with his clumsy tackles grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:15pm On Apr 29, 2020
I'd settle for the treble winners. Keane and Stam as well as the controlling play of Scholes tips the favor in their balance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 9:02pm On Apr 29, 2020
going for 1998/1999 team......

Yorke and Cole understanding is above Tevez and Ronaldo....... Scholes and Keane midfield is something else
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:22am On Apr 30, 2020
Manchester United first choices as part of the Pogba to Juventus deal would be Matthijs de Ligt and Merih Demiral, but they are the most difficult to obtain. The Italian club are open to discussing Douglas Costa, Aaron Ramsey and Miralem Pjanić.

- Calcio Mercato
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:23am On Apr 30, 2020
Ed Woodward: "It feels somewhat inappropriate to see speculation about transfers for hundreds of millions in current circumstances. There's a big disconnect between those stories and the economic realities facing football clubs in general."

- Sky
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:24am On Apr 30, 2020
Ed Woodward: "Clearly it's true we are fortunate to be in a strong financial position compared to many clubs, but we are not immune from the financial impact of what this virus is doing."

- Sky
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:25am On Apr 30, 2020
Ed Woodward: "I would say that once we have that visibility of a path through the crisis and coming out of the other side to relative normality, then of course, we aim to remain highly competitive in the market."

- Sky
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:25am On Apr 30, 2020
Ed Woodward: "As I said before and I've said this many times - we remain committed to backing Ole to win trophies. That's our core objective as a club."

- Sky

1 Like

Ed Woodward: "We're not necessarily happy about that [playing behind closed doors], clearly football requires our fans in the stadium for it to be complete, but public health must come first - and as I said, this is down to the Government."

- Sky
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:26am On Apr 30, 2020
Ed Woodward: "It’s always a top priority for us to strengthen the team and build on what Ole is very clearly achieving in terms of bringing us back to the top. But we’ve got to have clarity on what the future holds."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:47am On Apr 30, 2020
eph12:
Who wins?

I’d say the treble winners. They are more balanced in every area of the pitch.

But it’s like a 5-a side match so all that goes out of the window. So Team CR7 wins it.

If you add similar non-outstanding players to each team and they play 11v11, the other team will win.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:49am On Apr 30, 2020
Leyqute:

But it’s like a 5-a side match so all that goes out of the window. So Team CR7 wins it.

If you add similar non-outstanding players to each team and they play 11v11, the other team will win.

Treble winners just a bit more balanced, however like you said this is 5-a-side soccer so balance is not as important as pure footballing ability. The best player in both teams by a mile is Ronaldo, and the 2nd best player in both teams by a km is Rooney. Edge to to the 08 team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by qreem231(m): 11:02am On Apr 30, 2020
eph12:
Who wins?
Tough one really.

I'd go with 07/08 tho. The trio of Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo is just too deadly. They will definitely outscore the treble winners.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:55am On Apr 30, 2020
Wallpapers

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:56am On Apr 30, 2020
Fred: "I hope to attack and score more goals and work hard on my finishing to score more goals in a season. I'm certain that, with Bruno's arrival, more goals will come."

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:57am On Apr 30, 2020
Fred: "My favourite role is where I've been playing. As a second central midfielder, defending solidly but also getting forward and looking to score goals. I think it's important that a central midfielder has good approach play and finishing skills."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:49pm On Apr 30, 2020
patrickmuf:
I'd settle for the treble winners. Keane and Stam as well as the controlling play of Scholes tips the favor in their balance.
You have a point.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:50pm On Apr 30, 2020
Expert17:
going for 1998/1999 team......

Yorke and Cole understanding is above Tevez and Ronaldo....... Scholes and Keane midfield is something else

Rooney and Ronaldo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:50pm On Apr 30, 2020
Leyqute:

I agree
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:51pm On Apr 30, 2020
qreem231:

Tough one really.

I'd go with 07/08 tho. The trio of Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo is just too deadly. They will definitely outscore the treble winners.
Exactly. The attacking power

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 2:56pm On Apr 30, 2020
eph12:

Exactly. The attacking power

Although this is 5 a side, Let's not forget what Stam was as a defender. Since we can only visualize them playing with the compliments of a full team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:09pm On Apr 30, 2020
codedguy1:

Although this is 5 a side, Let's not forget what Stam was as a defender. Since we can only visualize them playing with the compliments of a full team
Would you say Stam was better than Vidic?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 3:18pm On Apr 30, 2020
I think 08 team would edge it due to better technical ability. Treble team have more tactical knowledge and leadership which isn't that important for 5 a side.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by spillo1: 3:21pm On Apr 30, 2020
qreem231:

Tough one really.

That's if Stam and Keane don't break their legs.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:53pm On Apr 30, 2020
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:21pm On Apr 30, 2020
eph12:

Would you say Stam was better than Vidic?

Stam didn't stay quite long with us but for the time he was with us he was an impossibke defender imho. He went about his business in a very composed manner and I had full confidence in his ability as a defender to stand his own.

I would take the united Stam over Vidic.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:30pm On Apr 30, 2020
codedguy1:

Stam didn't stay quite long with us but for the time he was with us he was an impossibke defender imho. He went about his business in a very composed manner and I had full confidence in his ability as a defender to stand his own.

I would take the united Stam over Vidic.
Nice one
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:03pm On Apr 30, 2020
Rio Ferdinand: "You can't beat him [Pogba] with a stick because that's his personality, he's different. This generation of player is different to my generation and even more different to the likes of Keane and Souness."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:03pm On Apr 30, 2020
Rio Ferdinand: "Pogba doesn't drink, he's not a nightclub merchant, but he goes on social media. What's worse? Because the people we were talking about before, like myself, would be in a nightclub, or drinking at times, but he doesn't do that."

(1) (2) (3) ... (7772) (7773) (7774) (7775) (7776) (7777) (7778) ... (14308) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: viciati(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.