Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,938 members, 7,876,569 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 08:26 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (781) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8906441 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) ... (14226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 7:19pm On Jul 17, 2014
dayokanu: Na Bayern players dominate again for the second year running

How many epl players dey the list?

Na Ronaldo go win for the decima

Diego costa

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:35pm On Jul 17, 2014
MrTA: Carrick has long term injury undecided
10 to 12 weeks out
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:19pm On Jul 17, 2014
chrisley024:
10 to 12 weeks out
hopefully, it forces us to buy @ least two more midfielders who are clearly upgrades on what's on ground

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:23am On Jul 18, 2014
SailorXY:
hopefully, it forces us to buy @ least two more midfielders who are clearly upgrades on what's on ground
Yeah. A blessing in disguise
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:06am On Jul 18, 2014
From a man utd point of view. The world cup was not great for us, as LvG has such little time to assess his squad and make changes. We have a big opportunity to hit the ground running with the fixtures but he rightfully needs time to see who can adapt to his methods in the squad and who cant and then time required for negotiations of any signings which also doesnt leave time for those signings to bed in the squad. Its now less than a month to the start of the season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:16am On Jul 18, 2014
MrTA: From a man utd point of view. The world cup was not great for us, as LvG has such little time to assess his squad and make changes. We have a big opportunity to hit the ground running with the fixtures but he rightfully needs time to see who can adapt to his methods in the squad and who cant and then time required for negotiations of any signings which also doesnt leave time for those signings to bed in the squad. Its now less than a month to the start of the season.
Exactly, we should even be happy he didn't go on a break after the WC.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 10:53am On Jul 18, 2014
Since Giroud came to England, Rooney is yet to out score him. And Giroud is useless.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 18, 2014
Keky: Since Giroud came to England, Rooney is yet to out score him. And Giroud is useless.
shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 18, 2014
Keky: Since Giroud came to England, Rooney is yet to out score him. And Giroud is useless.

`WTH!?! shockedshockedgringringrin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:44am On Jul 18, 2014
So Rooney is? lipsrsealed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 2:46pm On Jul 18, 2014
Tour squad.

Goalkeepers:David de Gea, Anders Lindegaard, Ben Amos, Sam Johnstone;

Defenders: Rafael, Jonny Evans, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Luke Shaw, Tyler Blackett, Michael Keane, Reece James

Midfielders:Ander Herrera, Tom Cleverley, Darren Fletcher, Ashley Young, Wilfried Zaha, Shinji Kagawa, Juan Mata, Antonio Valencia, Nani;

Forwards:Jesse Lingard, Danny Welbeck, Wayne Rooney, Will Keane.

For games against roma inter, madrid as Well as l a galaxy in usa.

No bebe and anderson. That's more than likely bye bye for both players.
No world cup participant that made it beyond the group stage is innit.

No powel,-_- james wilson and janko(I was hoping to see this guy play tbh)
4 keepersundecided and no rb back up for raph.

Happy to see lingard tho.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 18, 2014
PietroRico: Tour squad.

Goalkeepers:David de Gea, Anders Lindegaard, Ben Amos, Sam Johnstone;

Defenders: Rafael, Jonny Evans, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Luke Shaw, Tyler Blackett, Michael Keane, Reece James

Midfielders:Ander Herrera, Tom Cleverley, Darren Fletcher, Ashley Young, Wilfried Zaha, Shinji Kagawa, Juan Mata, Antonio Valencia, Nani;

Forwards:Jesse Lingard, Danny Welbeck, Wayne Rooney, Will Keane.

For games against roma inter, madrid as Well as l a galaxy in usa.

No bebe and anderson. That's more than likely bye bye for both players.
No world cup participant that made it beyond the group stage is innit.

No powel,-_- james wilson and janko(I was hoping to see this guy play tbh)
4 keepersundecided and no rb back up for raph.

Happy to see lingard tho.
Darren Fletcher should bow out jare.
Him don try.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:56pm On Jul 18, 2014

* Giroud is a lone striker for Arsenal.

* Rooney did not play as a striker even for a single match in 2012/13

* Rooney played less than 10 matches in the striker role for Man United in 2013/14

* Rooney scored at about 2 goals per match from the striker's role when he was given the run of games last season.

* Rooney and Giroud did not have same playing minutes.

Don't start what you cannot finish. Rooney plays same role as Ozill does for Arsenal. Rooney sometimes play in the midfield. I don't know the club you support, just incase.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 5:20pm On Jul 18, 2014
elampiro:

* Giroud is a lone striker for Arsenal.

* Rooney did not play as a striker even for a single match in 2012/13

* Rooney played less than 10 matches in the striker role for Man United in 2013/14

* Rooney scored at about 2 goals per match from the striker's role when he was given the run of games last season.

* Rooney and Giroud did not have same playing minutes.

Don't start what you cannot finish. Rooney plays same role as Ozill does for Arsenal. Rooney sometimes play in the midfield. I don't know the club you support, just incase.
Rooney plays d same position as ozil. For how long do u want to go on with this Ur epistle?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 5:26pm On Jul 18, 2014
Elamps....Ur blood too dey rush. I never post my comment u don begin insult me. Thank God....the mod pass u grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 5:35pm On Jul 18, 2014
lekkie073: Elamps....Ur blood too dey rush. I never post my comment u don begin insult me. Thank God....the mod pass u grin grin

What were you even saying? Rooney has more goals in each season even though he had far less playing time. He also got more assists.

* I dint insult you. Dunno why the mod banned me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 5:39pm On Jul 18, 2014
Can't wait for our first pre season game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 5:41pm On Jul 18, 2014
Judinho59: So, Germany is ranked 1 and Brazil 7

grin grin i see what you did there FIFA

You & FIFA are wicked... grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 5:41pm On Jul 18, 2014
elampiro2:

What were you even saying? Rooney has more goals in each season even though he had far less playing time. He also got more assists.

* I dint insult you. Dunno why the mod banned me.

Rooney is a supporting striker. In an average united 4-4-2 formation Rooney pairs with the striker. All these Ur saying Rooney plays the 10 position is rub..sh. Any time anyone in football world wants to discus Rooney, its from the perspective of him being a forward. QED!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:00pm On Jul 18, 2014
Highest goal scorers in this WC were not CF so spare us those position sh!.t.

Highest earners should lead the goal scoring chart like CR7 n Messi
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 6:45pm On Jul 18, 2014
lekkie073:
Rooney is a supporting striker. In an average united 4-4-2 formation Rooney pairs with the striker. All these Ur saying Rooney plays the 10 position is rub..sh. Any time anyone in football world wants to discus Rooney, its from the perspective of him being a forward. QED!

Man United played 4-2-3-1 in 2012/13 and 2013/14

Are you sure you are a football fan?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 6:52pm On Jul 18, 2014
elampiro2:

Man United played 4-2-3-1 in 2012/13 and 2013/14

Are you sure you are a football fan?

Dats a hybrid formation....conventional football understands backline , midfielders and forwards.....

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 6:55pm On Jul 18, 2014
2012/2013 season.
* Giroud..... Minutes played 2323, goals 11, assists 3, minutes per goal 211

* Rooney... Minutes played 2020, goals 12, assists 10, minutes per goal 202

2013/2014
*Giroud..... Minutes played 3081, goals 16, assists 8, goals per minutes played 192.5

* Rooney... Minutes played 2448, goals 17, assists 10, goals per minutes played 144

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 6:59pm On Jul 18, 2014
Flawless Victory !!!!!!!!! Best CB in EPL. Kos the BOSS!!!!!.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 7:07pm On Jul 18, 2014
lekkie073: Dats a hybrid formation....conventional football understands backline , midfielders and forwards....4-2-3-1 is a derivation from 4-5-1 or 4-2-4. Stop mumu-ing yaself joor

This guy is insulting and the mod is quiet,but when I respond now they would want to ban me.

*** lekkie073, I leave your post to disgrace you.

4-2-3-1 was introduced mostly to help cope with the new offside rules. With the new offside rules in the mid 90s or so, the defenders tend to seat deeper thereby creating a huge gap in the midfield. Some managers created four tier formations and the 4-2-3-1 appeared to be most effective after years of study. Among many things, instead of having two up front strikers, one striker was required to seat upfront while a playmaker was required to play a far more withdrawn role bridging the gap between the two traditional CM and the forwards- (lonestriker, and two wingers)

With the new offside rule, the role of the traditional 'libero' was eliminated.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 7:17pm On Jul 18, 2014
chrisley024: Highest goal scorers in this WC were not CF so spare us those position sh!.t.

Highest earners should lead the goal scoring chart like CR7 n Messi

You have clearly deviated from the topic. And if we should tow this line, it will be endless.

* So why did the highest earners not end up as top scorers in the world cup? Ronaldo and Messi

* I though a certain Ibrahimvic was a 'highest earner'? Why did he not make the world cup?

* The argument was not about wages and goals. I guess you know this.

* I was surprised that some of you swallowed that guys statement like it was eba, even though it was highly screwed, incorrect and biased on arrival. You guys buy into any thing negative as far as it has to do with Rooney. It goes to show how much you guys are biased towards him.

It's a pity.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 8:12pm On Jul 18, 2014
(1) 24 July 2014 KO 04:06 BST
LOCAL TIME 23 JULY - 20:06 PT
Man Utd V LA Galaxy

(2) 26 July 2014 KO 21:06 BST
LOCAL TIME 26 JULY - 14:06 MT
Man Utd V AS Roma

(3) 30 July 2014 KO 00:30BS
LOCAL TIME 29 JULY - 19:30 ET
Man Utd V Inter Milan

(4) 02 August 2014 KO 21:06 BST
LOCAL TIME 2 AUG - 16:06 ET
Man Utd V Real Madrid

I want to believe BST is same time with Nigeria.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 8:17pm On Jul 18, 2014
elampiro2: 2012/2013 season.
* Giroud..... Minutes played 2323, goals 11, assists 3, minutes per goal 211

* Rooney... Minutes played 2020, goals 12, assists 10, minutes per goal 202

2013/2014
*Giroud..... Minutes played 3081, goals 16, assists 8, goals per minutes played 192.5

* Rooney... Minutes played 2448, goals 17, assists 10, goals per minutes played 144

Lekkie073, behold Gerald two Premier League seasons so far. How market?

My 'enemies' on this thread grow every day. Someone will soon send antispamboat after me. It's happens when my arguments don't favour them, then they take side. Make una eat the thread.

Logout.

Ukwu!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:20pm On Jul 18, 2014
elampiro2:
You have clearly deviated from the topic. And if we should tow this line, it will be endless.

* So why did the highest earners not end up as top scorers in the world cup? Ronaldo and Messi

* I though a certain Ibrahimvic was a 'highest earner'? Why did he not make the world cup?
So they earn highest in their national team?
* I was surprised that some of you swallowed that guys statement like it was eba, even though it was highly screwed, incorrect and biased on arrival. You guys buy into any thing negative as far as it has to do with Rooney. It goes to show how much you guys are biased towards him.

It's a pity.
It's also a pity u always screen this thread for the mention of the name 'Rooney'. I'm beginning to think he pays u for this job.
Anyone that speaks against him is your enemy. SMH!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:42pm On Jul 18, 2014
Giroud is among the worst strikers in every stat out there. His CCC, his shots per goal inside the box, his chances created...

I saw this:

Inside the box conversion rates are as follows

Balotelli: 8 for 57 = 14.0%

Giroud: 16 for 90 = 17.8%

Benzema: 15 for 82 = 18.3%

Mandzukic: 18 for 74 = 24.3%

Cavani: 15 for 75 = 20%
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:54pm On Jul 18, 2014
chrisley024:
So they earn highest in their national team?

You brought the world cup/goal scoring comparison. You left the topic at hand completely.
chrisley024:
It's also a pity u always screen this thread for the mention of the name 'Rooney'. I'm beginning to think he pays u for this job.
Anyone that speaks against him is your enemy. SMH!

I know every intention behind every move, every post. Also when the mod decides to shut me out with a spamboat....

(1) (2) (3) ... (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) ... (14226) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.