Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,111 members, 7,880,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:25 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7809) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8915631 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7806) (7807) (7808) (7809) (7810) (7811) (7812) ... (14229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 08, 2020
Expert17:

YES, we would have conceded less goals and more clean sheet, with Bailly and Maguire as our CB pairing.

How can you prove that?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 6:56pm On Jun 08, 2020
Expert17:

YES, we would have conceded less goals and more clean sheet, with Bailly and Maguire as our CB pairing.

There’s actually no way to prove that
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Herbiedeen(m): 6:56pm On Jun 08, 2020
Expert17:

Who would you prefer as your last man to mark Aguero?
Baily OR Lindelof?

Even with Lindelof's improvement, Baily is still better.... I will even pick Smalling ahead of Lindelof.

Baily's issue is just injury, if he can stay fit................Lindelof will always be on the bench

Maybe you should just mention a defensive attribute that Lindelof has more than Baily ( Tackling, Aerial duels, Interceptions, Confidence on ball etc)
Bros, read my reply again
i never questioned Baily's ability over Lindelof's
Would you rather have a good player who plays 15 games in a year and spend the rest nursing an injury over an average player who is consistent and improves everytime

Why do you think Madrid are looking to offload Bale at all cost?? isn't he good enough to boss any team in the world with his ability
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:05pm On Jun 08, 2020
Herbiedeen:

Bros, read my reply again
i never questioned Baily's ability over Lindelof's
Would you rather have a good player who plays 15 games in a year and spend the rest nursing an injury over an average player who is consistent and improves everytime

Why do you think Madrid are looking to offload Bale at all cost?? isn't he good enough to boss any team in the world with his ability

Okay.

A fit Bailly is better than Lindelof.

Bale issue is totally different
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:10pm On Jun 08, 2020
sylvalord:
How can you prove that?

Chrisus:

There’s actually no way to prove that

We have to wait for Bailly's return.

Then we can compare
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 8:21pm On Jun 08, 2020
How come no one has mentioned or given credit to Kagawa for the way he raved about this Donny van de Beek guy?

Come on now, guys. lipsrsealed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Herbiedeen(m): 8:25pm On Jun 08, 2020
Expert17:

Okay.
A fit Bailly is better than Lindelof.
Bale issue is totally different
lol, how so
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 8:28pm On Jun 08, 2020
sylvalord:
Lindelof has been very good at CB this season. He has improved a lot and he is going to improve more. He has not been dribbled past this season

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 08, 2020
ChristineC:
Child with tiny mouth
You disagree?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 08, 2020
Danhumprey:
How come no one has mentioned or given credit to Kagawa for the way he raved about this Donny van de Beek guy?

Come on now, guys. lipsrsealed

Thou shall not mention grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 08, 2020
Expert17:

We have to wait for Bailly's return.

Then we can compare
When will this return be? He will play two matches and go back to the sick bay after himself while going for a tackle is an unnecessarily aggresive way .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 8:54pm On Jun 08, 2020
sylvalord:
You disagree?
I'm still not sure of the significance of this stat. I've honestly not seen a more worthless stat for a defender.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 08, 2020
Lindelof reads the game better but is too passive, dude is always bullied, but Bailly na crase man, very aggressive and thoughtless atimes... if he can stay fit and reduces those his sudden blood rush then it will be hard for a manager to pick lindelof over him. Both are different types of defenders by the way with much room for improvement.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 9:20pm On Jun 08, 2020
handelex:
Lindelof reads the game better but is too passive, dude is always bullied, but Bailly na crase man, very aggressive and thoughtless atimes... if he can stay fit and reduces those his sudden blood rush then it will be hard for a manager to pick lindelof over him. Both are different types of defenders by the way with much room for improvement.

Read FIRE.... grin grin grin grin

Someone that can't judge the movement of ball in the air and many other stuffs like that

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:20pm On Jun 08, 2020
TBF, Lindelof has not matched the performance Bailey dropped during his first season at Manchester United. But then, that’s the only season Bailey’s had with us. His scanty performances there after then pale in comparison with what he offered that first year.

However, Lindelof has steadily grown his confidence and toughness. He’s not the complete defender yet but he is available and gives his all and keeps improving. You could argue that he does the greater chunk of the defensive job in some games with Maguire mostly focused on covering up for the LB.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 08, 2020
What really matters is their playing style, roles on the pitch and how they can compensate Maguire to form a solid defensive pair. Sort of a Ferdinand and Vidic thing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 9:27pm On Jun 08, 2020
Talking about Eric Bailly

He signed for United exactly 4 years ago today

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 9:34pm On Jun 08, 2020
GloryIsaac:
What really matters is their playing style, roles on the pitch and how they can compensate Maguire to form a solid defensive pair. Sort of a Ferdinand and Vidic thing.

Good point

Ferdinard - Maguire - Lindelof, similar style of play

Vidic- Bailly- Same style

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 9:40pm On Jun 08, 2020
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 08, 2020
Expert17:

Read FIRE.... grin grin grin grin

Someone that can't judge the movement of ball in the air and many other stuffs like that
I prefer Bailly over Lindelof anyday and time too, but Bailly loses concentration at times and in using his pace and physicality to make amends he rushes into tackles and often comes off worse(injured) .....Lindelof is known as the Iceman for a reason

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 9:49pm On Jun 08, 2020
handelex:
I prefer Bailly over Lindelof anyday and time too, but Bailly loses concentration at times and in using his pace and physicality to make amends he rushes into tackles and often comes off worse(injured) .....Lindelof is known as the Iceman for a reason

Lindelof speaking : I actually don’t know why I’ve gotten that nickname! I think it’s a mix of how I seem from the outside. I’m quite a private person. I’m not very fond of sharing too much. I also think it’s because I’m quite calm on the field.''

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 08, 2020
Expert17:

Lindelof speaking : I actually don’t know why I’ve gotten that nickname! I think it’s a mix of how I seem from the outside. I’m quite a private person. I’m not very fond of sharing too much. I also think it’s because I’m quite calm on the field.''
Ironically he is not the type of Mourinho player or defender but whatever Mou saw in him I hope he can start manifesting it in games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 08, 2020
Expert17:
Talking about Eric Bailly

He signed for United exactly 4 years ago today

Wow. Time really waits for no one
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:55pm On Jun 08, 2020
Herbiedeen:

Seriously, how many games has Pogba, Neymar and Kane missed through injury since they joined their present club compared to Baily's

And nobody is disputing his ability, but compared to Lindelof's consistency and improvment, he is way below........and apparently you only made mention of just one match while Lindelof has been bossing most times even more than Maguire

Sorry sir, but apart from early season settling in into a new team. Maguire has been head and shoulder above Lindelof, watch our matches very closely, you will see the sort of quality defender Maguire is, apart from early season hiccups, Maguire has clearly proven to be better than every single defender we have had since the retirement of Rio and Vidic. Lindelof on the other hand has been shaky, not just one match, versus Southampton away is another one, too much misplaced passes to no man's land and lacking g in aerial presence. He can improve but we need quality.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jun 08, 2020
We say Hello to all Manchester United fans... Great to see the thread rocking again
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Botfuss: 5:00am On Jun 09, 2020
grin Africans love gidigbo defenders.

Lindelof honestly deserves more. Shaky at times maybe, but he’s really not bad. He has to fake putting his life and soul into tackles—you know, something like that Bailly’s tackle against kovacic, and the disrespect would stop.

We all didn’t rate pique until he left for Barca.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Herbiedeen(m): 7:13am On Jun 09, 2020
CapitalCee:

Sorry sir, but apart from early season settling in into a new team. Maguire has been head and shoulder above Lindelof, watch our matches very closely, you will see the sort of quality defender Maguire is, apart from early season hiccups, Maguire has clearly proven to be better than every single defender we have had since the retirement of Rio and Vidic. Lindelof on the other hand has been shaky, not just one match, versus Southampton away is another one, too much misplaced passes to no man's land and lacking g in aerial presence. He can improve but we need quality.
i never said he is better
Being a better player is different from bossing a game
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:18am On Jun 09, 2020
If not for Shaw and Wan-Bissaka, we'd have had the perfect team for a 4-4-2 diamond formation. Evra and Raphael as our fullbacks would have been great but now, one of Fred or McSauce will have to make do with a place on the bench especially if Sancho arrives...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 09, 2020
Na Manchester United player be this one?

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:11am On Jun 09, 2020
They act like two legends can't co exist undecided

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:24am On Jun 09, 2020
Lindelöf is improving definitely, but I'll still prefer Bailly over him. Lindelöf has the Qualities to become a Pique type of Defenders, but seems too weak to go adventurous. He did give flashes, but that's not enough.

I hope Tuanzebe can get more play time and stay Injury free. He's gonna become a kinda Ferdinand type of Defenders as time goes by.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:44am On Jun 09, 2020
In my opinion, we don't need to make any changes to the defense. This is the first time three of our major defenders are playing together and they have shown serious signs of doing very well as they continue to understand themselves, playing together. Only three teams have conceded lesser than us this season. And if we cut out some tactical errors and some errors from poor confidence, we will be having much better stats. I believe this is possible as long as we have a stable defense.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7806) (7807) (7808) (7809) (7810) (7811) (7812) ... (14229) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Ellexy and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.