Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,437 members, 7,888,357 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 05:21 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (789) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8936444 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) ... (14246) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 2:05pm On Jul 23, 2014
coogar:

isn't rooney a galactico? grin
although he's a malfunctioning galactico but we can use him.
One time gala..maybe undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 2:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
coogar:

you are just embarrassing yourself....
it's not an issue to claim you are anyone you want to claim. it becomes a crime when you have a valid document saying you are what you aren't.

if i tell a police officer i am age 2, i have not committed a crime. however, if my passport or driving license says i am 23 when my real age is 24 then i have committed an offence. nicole put a fake age on her website.....she didn't lie about it on her passport or a valid document.

you are comparing apples & oranges.

I understand all of these. But I believe it is suppose to be an offense, mostly for that model.

Secondly, how come it takes time before the truth comes to the public? I am disappointed that such things could happen in such countries. Even a lunatic should be allowed to lie about his/her age in the papers and get away with it. So, no I can begin to doubt if Michael Jackson was actually 50....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:11pm On Jul 23, 2014
I suspect we are playing today by 5pm?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:13pm On Jul 23, 2014
elampiro2:
You want the mode to ban me. Police bursted Nicky Minaj, and not Nicole. I can't give you the link. Spamboat things.

you are a pathological liar.....
when did police ever bust nicky minaj for falsifying her age. which spambot will ban you for putting a url link on NL? you think you are in edo state where you can just open your mouth without control?

rubbish!!!

But, if there is a cheating, the western world will cover it better. Perhaps reason why they don't get caught. How many players from Ivory Coast, Ghana, Senegal, South Africaand other African countries have been caught? How many Argetines, Colombians? Or don't they cheat?

why would they cover it?
it seems you dunno how things work here. everything has a record. people of the same age are grouped together. there are records of documents & videos of birthdays.

there's no way any european footballer will lie about his age & not get caught. this is not a 3rd world country where people just appear from nowhere with a dodgy passport to claim 17 like osundo. they all start from a junior academy & progress into a youth academy of big clubs. there's a record from the outset.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 2:37pm On Jul 23, 2014
Elampiro nikki minaj was born in trinidad not the united states. This would have made it possible for her to lie about her age in legal documents.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 2:43pm On Jul 23, 2014
coogar:

you are a pathological liar.....
when did police ever bust nicky minaj for falsifying her age. which spambot will ban you for putting a url link on NL? you think you are in edo state where you can just open your mouth without control?

You take life too seriously here. I asked an innocent question, even in my post spamboat hit. If you spamboat had not hid my post, you would understand the angle I am coming from. Daily mail wrote an article and tied a lot of people with Samuel Eto. So it appeared they were in same boat of 'offense'. Assuming Eto actually cheated.

coogar:

why would they cover it?
it seems you dunno how things work here. everything has a record. people of the same age are grouped together. there are records of documents & videos of birthdays..

This is how you should have answered me the first time. I thought everything is being held in a central electronic data with such info as finger prints, names, etc etc etc for easy access by many parties. I was surprised someone could reduce her age by 6 years to make a career in one of the highest paying industries in the universe.

coogar:

there's no way any european footballer will lie about his age & not get caught. this is not a 3rd world country where people just appear from nowhere with a dodgy passport to claim 17 like osundo. they all start from a junior academy & progress into a youth academy of big clubs. there's a record from the outset.

But I read that that model, even when her class mates were writing, no body listened, to the extent they formed a group to fight her fake age, yet she got away with it for years upon years. What you wrote up here is what I have always known and believed, but now....... It calls for more investigation from me. But are we also saying that those Ivorians, Senegalese, Camerounians, Argentines who have never been caught are perfect? May be those who have never been caught are the professional 'thieves'.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 2:47pm On Jul 23, 2014
afrodoc: Elampiro nikki minaj was born in trinidad not the united states. This would have made it possible for her to lie about her age in legal documents.

Coogar was right about her.

But my major concern is, it shouldn't even be like that. When I check Puff Daddy's age n wikipedia, I might not take it seriously any more.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 2:53pm On Jul 23, 2014
You can call yourself any age in unofficial setting, but its easy to verify if you are in an industry that requires verification.

The moment a child is born, they take his footprint and issue a birth certificate. The birth certificate would be used in the future to issue a ID

there are records they keep that was why they were able to verify that Obama was born in hawaii.

Unlike in places where I can just come out one day and claim any age without any backup to verify from

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 2:53pm On Jul 23, 2014
If u r not legally required to show your birth certificate or go through age tests u can always lie about your age anywhere in d world.

Its when it has legal ramifications like for sports stars that u get caught.
Actresses in hollywood have lied about their ages for years.
But the scrutiny is higher in sports. Shabazz mohammed an nba player lied about his age in high school and college but was caught before he joined d nba
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:58pm On Jul 23, 2014
elampiro2:

Coogar was right about her.

But my major concern is, it shouldn't even be like that. When I check Puff Daddy's age n wikipedia, I might not take it seriously any more.

why should you take it serious initially? puff daddy can be 15 or 350, it's a different scenario altogether to samuel etoo or brown ideye lying about their age.

professional football isn't music industry. age is very very important.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 3:01pm On Jul 23, 2014
dayokanu: You can call yourself any age in unofficial setting, but its easy to verify if you are in an industry that requires verification.

The moment a child is born, they take his footprint and issue a birth certificate. The birth certificate would be used in the future to issue a ID

there are records they keep that was why they were able to verify that Obama was born in hawaii.

Unlike in places where I can just come out one day and claim any age without any backup to verify from

Lol. You quickly pulled out Robben's own.

Me I get too o. I have a birth cert, and I have never lied about my age. But it is surprising to see small boys and gilrs carrying age declaration about.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 3:14pm On Jul 23, 2014
Abeg, how this matter take affect the formation wey LVG go use this season? undecided undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 3:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
3-4-1-2 i suspect might be the starting formation.
it might be changed though if results are not good.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 3:20pm On Jul 23, 2014
coogar:

why should you take it serious initially? puff daddy can be 15 or 350, it's a different scenario altogether to samuel etoo or brown ideye lying about their age.

professional football isn't music industry. age is very very important.

May be daily mail shouldn't have published that article. When I was reading it, the flow made it look like those stars had committed something serious similar to when a footballer cheats. Then Minaj own was revealed by Police only after she engaged in a fight. Then that model. When I saw she cut 6 years from her age......... Dat na Ukwu to me o. It's a shame such things are allowed to happen. I am disappointed. Any way, na their headache.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 3:21pm On Jul 23, 2014
afrodoc: 3-4-1-2 i suspect might be the starting formation.

.....just like he did with the Netherlands, right?

The million dollar question is- which players would be deployed as Wing-backs? Rafael and shaw readily come to mind but what will happen to the likes of januzaj and nani?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 23, 2014
afrodoc: 3-4-1-2 i suspect might be the starting formation.
Which one be dat? grin
not sure he can pull that off with the players we got o.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 3:22pm On Jul 23, 2014
SailorXY: I suspect we are playing today by 5pm?

I guess 4am
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 3:23pm On Jul 23, 2014
So how much was Evra sold?

We don't appear to negotiate well or know when to make money from our players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 3:27pm On Jul 23, 2014
elampiro2: So how much was Evra sold?

Less than 2.5m

elampiro2: S
We don't appear to negotiate well or know when to make money from our players.

How much should we have sold him?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 3:30pm On Jul 23, 2014
Dadehmola:

.....just like he did with the Netherlands, right?

The million dollar question is- which players would be deployed as Wing-backs? Rafael and shaw readily come to mind but what will happen to the likes of januzaj and nani?

Rafael and shaw as wingbacks.
Players could be offloaded....and new ones come in. Adnan can play as the 1 behind d 2 strikers, so can mata and kagawa. No obvious place for nani or young though valencia can deputize for rafael
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro2: 3:30pm On Jul 23, 2014
Dadehmola:

Less than 2.5m

How much should we have sold him?

I don't know. But it's ridiculous.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:31pm On Jul 23, 2014
StarBoard:
Which one be dat? grin

smalling, pawa, evans
rafael-herrera-fellaini-shaw
----------juan mata--------
-----rooney--van persie----

it's a very safe formation. we will win 30 league games out of 38.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 3:33pm On Jul 23, 2014
StarBoard:
Which one be dat? grin

Yeah i know. Personally i would prefer 4-2-3-1.....hope he goes that way. I just have d feeling however that he would experiment a lil.
The players that are out of place in the 3-4-1-2 are nani and young. Other players can find roles.

The success of any formation depends on who else we are able to get
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 3:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
coogar:

smalling, pawa, evans

Yeah something like that....but switch fellaini for someone better, hopefully vidal and pawa and smalling should exhange positions
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:37pm On Jul 23, 2014
I don't support anything less than 4 defenders cos this is epl

I'd go with 4-3-3; one of his formations
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 3:39pm On Jul 23, 2014
afrodoc:

Adnan can play as the 1 behind d 2 strikers, so can mata and kagawa.

The boy's promising career might just have come to an abrupt end undecided

afrodoc:
No obvious place for nani or young though valencia can deputize for rafael

Hmmm.. Let's see.

Woulda loved to watch the pre-season games but the timing dey one kind cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 23, 2014
afrodoc:

Yeah i know. Personally i would prefer 4-2-3-1.....hope he goes that way. I just have d feeling however that he would experiment a lil.
The players that are out of place in the 3-4-1-2 are nani and young. Other players can find roles.

The emboldened looks more like it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 3:41pm On Jul 23, 2014
afrodoc:

Young maybe(coogar's winger) grin not Nani
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
chrisley024: I don't support anything less than 4 defenders cos this is epl

I'd go with 4-3-3; one of his formations

too defensive.....
it's easier to defend against a lone striker - i like the idea of 3-4-1-2. let 2 big strikers engage 2 central defenders and watch opponents crumble under pressure.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 3:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
elampiro2:

I don't know. But it's ridiculous.

Don't worry- the money will be used to pay rooney's salary for 2months!! cheesy tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 23, 2014
coogar:

smalling, pawa, evans

What happens if one of those get crocked?
I'd say i'm still sceptical of Failaini.
And what happens to my boy Shinji?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 3:46pm On Jul 23, 2014
StarBoard:
What happens if one of those get crocked?
I'd say i'm still sceptical of Failaini.
And what happens to my boy Shinji?

Shinji competes with mata and adnan or one of them gets sold.....hopefully your boy shinji lol to dortmund so we get hummels or reus.

(1) (2) (3) ... (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) ... (14246) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.