Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,945 members, 7,949,252 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 11:43 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (795) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9143923 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (792) (793) (794) (795) (796) (797) (798) ... (14369) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:17am On Jul 24, 2014
I am bit okay ... I just need Vidal to complement our midfield .... then with an experience Cb ...... Don't wanna name names though...... A Winger (World Class I Mean) Then Utd is ready to raise hell in the EPL ....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:28am On Jul 24, 2014
StarBoard:
I think it's too early to say this with any certainty. Remember this was LA Galaxy. We shouldn't be getting ahead of ourselves. Sure Herrera looks the baller, but he hasn't proved himself to me where it matter most, the EPL. We will still need him in some way or the other.(Carrick)

i don't think LVG will like carrick's static style of play. LVG prefers combative midfielders & this is why he is not satisfied yet with herrera. personally, i think carrick is done!

Why not try David De Gea?
He has some stature of some sort given he was our best player last season. I think that is exemplary leadership even theough we had a horror season.

he doesn't talk.....too quiet to charge the boys along. a captain needs to be vocal & assertive. de gea needs to start opening his mouth & scream at his team mates.

Plus the old timers (minus Rooney Fletcher and Carrick) that would have been in contention for the band are no longer around.

these ones all have the self esteem of an elf. they are not confident in themselves, how would they draw the confidence of others?

It would be interesting, though I think van Gaal would prefer loyal and experienced folk as his captain.

van gaal will only do what is right for his blueprint. he has shown he doesn't give two fücks about tradition or precedents. he could make herrera a captain and stick to his decision, he's eccentric!

I think RVP being captain will do nothing to heal the apparent rift between Rooney and himself. But I may be wrong o. Just my opinion

who gives a damn about rooney? the best & the most consistent performer should be made captain. RVP has shown times without number to be better than rooney at everything.

if rooney pulls his finger out & return to the form of 11/12 season then fair play to him. however, if he plays like he did at the world cup missing glaring chances then he should be sold to PSG.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:31am On Jul 24, 2014
Coogar really despise Rooney ... Choi !!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 24, 2014
coogar:

i don't think LVG will like carrick's static style of play. LVG prefers combative midfielders & this is why he is not satisfied yet with herrera. personally, i think carrick is done!

Maybe but it would be a shame to jettison Carrick just like that.
You were the one saying that people like Carrick are very rare, because they think and anticipate rather than throw themselves all over the place.
Suddenly he's rubbish and consigned to the scrap-heap?
Damn, it's a cruel cold world.

coogar:

he doesn't talk.....too quiet to charge the boys along. a captain needs to be vocal & assertive. de gea needs to start opening his mouth & scream at his team mates.
Me I personally think leadership is by example. Being vocal could be an asset but true leadership comes through effort for me.
I think De Gea has done enough to inspire confidence in his back-line. I have been one of his harshest critics, but I've come around to admit I was wrong by him putting up consistent match-winning/point-saving displays.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 24, 2014
coogar:

these ones all have the self esteem of an elf. they are not confident in themselves, how would they draw the confidence of others?

*falls of chair laughing*
coogar:
van gaal will only do what is right for his blueprint. he has shown he doesn't give two fücks about tradition or precedents. he could make herrera a captain and stick to his decision, he's eccentric!
True dat. In the end van Gaal with all his experience shouldn't be fazed by the issue of whom to give the captaincy to.
coogar:

who gives a damn about rooney? the best & the most consistent performer should be made captain. RVP has shown times without number to be better than rooney at everything.
if rooney pulls his finger out & return to the form of 11/12 season then fair play to him. however, if he plays like he did at the world cup missing glaring chances then he should be sold to PSG.

I gave up on Rooney in 2010 when he essentially held us by the balls.
Anything he does now is just in the name of United. i'm not sure the average United fan would like to hold him as a cherished player. I see him as a mercenary, especially since he has seemed to develop a pattern of holding us to ransom for pay rises by orchestrating scenarios through the media.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:28pm On Jul 24, 2014
StarBoard:
Maybe but it would be a shame to jettison Carrick just like that.
You were the one saying that people like Carrick are very rare, because they think and anticipate rather than throw themselves all over the place.
Suddenly he's rubbish and consigned to the scrap-heap? Damn, it's a cruel cold world.

the kinda formation LVG is trying to deploy won't suit carrick. 3-4-3 requires a lot from the central defenders. they have to be highly mobile & combative to cover up for the missing man in the defence. carrick is 33 or so, i think he's done.

Me I personally think leadership is by example. Being vocal could be an asset but true leadership comes through effort for me.
I think De Gea has done enough to inspire confidence in his back-line. I have been one of his harshest critics, but I've come around to admit I was wrong by him putting up consistent match-winning/point-saving displays.

you just need to remember roy keane in his hey days. it was like having SAF on the field with the players. he yelled, screamed, pointed fingers and there was no moment of slackness.

yes, he often goes overboard but you need a bit of his steely nature at times to dust the cobwebs in the brains of players like valencia & rooney. i wish we could have keane back in the technical team. he should be van gaal's number 2. the combo would have been epic.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sharperino(m): 1:17pm On Jul 24, 2014
Debutant defender Reece James scored twice as Manchester United began life under Louis van Gaal with a thumping 7-0 win over the Los Angeles Galaxy.

link below to read the news
http://fangadar.com/story.php?title=man-united-thrash-la-galaxy-7-0

To read more football news, go to www.fangadar.com
You can also register to connect with other football fans too as well as post and share your own football news of interest.
Its 100% free to register.

Also check The "FANGADAR Football Daily" an online football daily newspaper for different football news at https://paper.li/Fangadar/1404321928

www.fangadar.com - "Football fans Gather Here..."

Like The Page : www.facebook.com/fangadar on Facebook

Follow @fangadar on Twitter
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 24, 2014
coogar:

the kinda formation LVG is trying to deploy won't suit carrick. 3-4-3 requires a lot from the central defenders. they have to be highly mobile & combative to cover up for the missing man in the defence. carrick is 33 or so, i think he's done.

So does it require accurate passing. I'm pretty sure Carrick has been our best passer for 2-3 seasons at least.
But again his age could be a deterrent to him being effective.

coogar:
tral defenders. they have to be highly mobile & combative to cover up for the missing man in the defence. carrick is 33 or so, i think he's done.
you just need to remember roy keane in his hey days. it was like having SAF on the field with the players. he yelled, screamed, pointed fingers and there was no moment of slackness.
yes, he often goes overboard but you need a bit of his steely nature at times to dust the cobwebs in the brains of players like valencia & rooney. i wish we could have keane back in the technical team. he should be van gaal's number 2. the combo would have been epic.
Keane could play though.
There are some captains who just shout and do absolutely nothing.
Keane could tackle, drive the team forward or take the game bythe scruff of its neck.
Remember Turin in May 1999? Keane basically hauled us from the brink of elimination into one of United's finest ever performances.

lol at cobwebs.
Boy what did you have for breakfast today?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 2:38pm On Jul 24, 2014
What's up with all these talk about Vidal this Vidal that? angry

I had to confirm to check if he is already a Man Utd player but reports reaching me now is that Liverpool are ready to hijack him with some cool cash... grin tongue grin

What do you all wanna do? tongue grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:41pm On Jul 24, 2014
StarBoard:
So does it require accurate passing. I'm pretty sure Carrick has been our best passer for 2-3 seasons at least.
But again his age could be a deterrent to him being effective.

mobility & accurate passing is one part of it. getting stuck in & constituting a nuisance to the opponents is another. carrick isn't built for the latter & this is why i think he's done!

Keane could play though.
There are some captains who just shout and do absolutely nothing.
Keane could tackle, drive the team forward or take the game bythe scruff of its neck.
Remember Turin in May 1999? Keane basically hauled us from the brink of elimination into one of United's finest ever performances.

keane na guru!
i dunno if players like him still exist though. he's a bundle of everything. drive, creativity, agberoism, sheer determination, etc.

lol at cobwebs.
Boy what did you have for breakfast today?

undiluted palmwine from ituku ozalla!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 24, 2014
coogar:

mobility & accurate passing is one part of it. getting stuck in & constituting a nuisance to the opponents is another. carrick isn't built for the latter & this is why i think he's done!

We'll see. Time will tell. I agree with the immobility he ends to display.
Do you by any chance think he might use his football brain/intelligence to overcome that deficiency?

coogar:

keane na guru!
i dunno if players like him still exist though. he's a bundle of everything. drive, creativity, agberoism, sheer determination, etc.
Lol.
His type has gone extinct for real.
I'm looking around to see if football these days can come to that period where such players will thrive, because it looks like formations have killed the all-action type of player. Keane was a joy to watch.

coogar:
undiluted palmwine from ituku ozalla!
No wonder. I'm sure that is courtesy of Emperoh.
I'm sure it must have started fermenting.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:11pm On Jul 24, 2014
StarBoard:
We'll see. Time will tell. I agree with the immobility he ends to display.
Do you by any chance think he might use his football brain/intelligence to overcome that deficiency?

there lies his problem. he wasn't mobile at 26, we shouldn't expect him to be at 33. i have no doubt carrick's mind will still be sharp but does he have the legs to carry out his thoughts?

Lol.
His type has gone extinct for real.
I'm looking around to see if football these days can come to that period where such players will thrive, because it looks like formations have killed the all-action type of player. Keane was a joy to watch.

i was watching our 4-2 victory against arsenal @ highbury last weekend. christ, keane was a rock on the night. vieira would regret goading keane that night especially in that second half. he won every tackle & started all the counter attacks. abeg, there can never be another keane. he relishes those kind of high pressure games. he completely destroyed vieira!

No wonder. I'm sure that is courtesy of Emperoh. I'm sure it must have started fermenting.

the ish was as thick as fück. the aroma alone knocked out all the flying insects around. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 3:18pm On Jul 24, 2014
3412 is not a naturally easy formation to learn ESPECIALLY for wingbacks.
Hopefully shaw and rafael would improve with time
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 24, 2014
coogar:

there lies his problem. he wasn't mobile at 26, we shouldn't expect him to be at 33. i have no doubt carrick's mind will still be sharp but does he have the legs to carry out his thoughts?

I think that some peeps can get away with lack of mobility through speed of thought.
Maybe he won't get that far.

coogar:

i was watching our 4-2 victory against arsenal @ highbury last weekend. christ, keane was a rock on the night. vieira would regret goading keane that night especially in that second half. he won every tackle & started all the counter attacks. abeg, there can never be another keane. he relishes those kind of high pressure games. he completely destroyed vieira!
I don't know if you also remember the 2-1 win we had in 2000 or so at Highbury.
He scored both goals for United, after being docile for most of the time.
I'll never forget Turin though. With Zidane, Deschamps and Davids in the lineup, he almost single-handedly destroyed Juve.
coogar:
the ish was as thick as fück. the aroma alone knocked out all the flying insects around. grin
Palm Wine Drinkard.
Amos Tutuola had you in mind when he wrote that book.
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
StarBoard:
I think that some peeps can get away with lack of mobility through speed of thought.
Maybe he won't get that far.

we shouldn't forget carrick has played many games for us too since he arrived. he's played 350+ games for us. that's some crazy stats.

I don't know if you also remember the 2-1 win we had in 2000 or so at Highbury.
He scored both goals for United, after being docile for most of the time.
I'll never forget Turin though. With Zidane, Deschamps and Davids in the lineup, he almost single-handedly destroyed Juve.

i remember.....
it was in the summer of 99 or so with one of our best football shirts(blue). this is why i laugh when people say keane was a DM. DM wetin? his 1-2 ball in the final third when he ventures forward is peerless. he murked em at highbury. i think arsenal tried to score a goal mouth scramble at the death but the referee quickly spotted their PDP moves.

those were the days, men....

Palm Wine Drinkard.
Amos Tutuola had you in mind when he wrote that book.
grin

nothing makes me happier than natural liquor direct from the source.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 3:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
There is only one Keano
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 4:02pm On Jul 24, 2014
Keane and Scholes.

Now youre talking about midfielders. Not those yeyenatu you parade nowadays

With Stam behind them, a keeper can go to sleep
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 24, 2014
coogar:

we shouldn't forget carrick has played many games for us too since he arrived. he's played 350+ games for us. that's some crazy stats.

True.
I think you're right. But I'm still averse to seeing him being consigned to the bench even though it looks gloomy for him with this injury.

What would you say would be Carrick's best hope to survive at United? Please no recommendations to QPR and rejoining the geriatric ward that is assembling there.

coogar:

i remember.....
it was in the summer of 99 or so with one of our best football shirts(blue). this is why i laugh when people say keane was a DM. DM wetin? his 1-2 ball in the final third when he ventures forward is peerless. he murked em at highbury. i think arsenal tried to score a goal mouth scramble at the death but the referee quickly spotted their PDP moves.
those were the days, men....
Keane was no DM.
He could play that role but it wasn't what he was. People felt he was that way because much of United's offense came from Scholes in the middle. But we were never in a game if Keane was out of it. Look no further than the win over the same Arsenal in the 2004 FA cup semi final. The goal we won the game with started with Keane.
Yeah they did score a goal but was rightfully disallowed by Graham Poll for a foul on our keepe in that Highbury game, I think it was van der Gouw in goal.
But back to the 4-2 Highbury, I will never forget the look on Keane's face in the tunnel. He was basically calling Vieira a coward for picking on Gary Neville. I think he said something like "I'll see you out there" with him pointing at Vieira and Graham Poll trying to calm him down.
The blood in his eyes even before kickoff only foreshadowed what was to come.
Do you remember O'Shea's goal? I coulda sworn it was Ronaldo with O' Shea's face on it. That goal remains one of football's modern unresolved mysteries.
Keane was our leader, our general.
Too sad his career had to end the way it did.

Damn it was blood and fire whenever united and Arsenal got together on the pitch. You had to respect Arsenal though. They brought out the best in us back then.

coogar:
nothing makes me happier than natural liquor direct from the source.
It's a wonder how you still manage to type while inebriated grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:06pm On Jul 24, 2014
dayokanu: Keane and Scholes.

Now youre talking about midfielders. Not those yeyenatu you parade nowadays

With Stam behind them, a keeper can go to sleep

we didn't need the duo to destroy your treble dreams in 99 though. beckham in the midfield eviscerated bayern. that must hurt!!! cheesy grin

StarBoard:
True.
I think you're right. But I'm still averse to seeing him being consigned to the bench even though it looks gloomy for him with this injury.
What would you say would be Carrick's best hope to survive at United? Please no recommendations to QPR and rejoining the geriatric ward that is assembling there.

carrick will thrive in a 3 man midfield. however, his days in a 2-man midfield is over. the burden will be too much on his partner. he will be useful in one of those domestic competitions.

come to think of it.....no europe means we got to keep our feet up every week. that's a bonus in my own opinion. van gaal should not finish less than second. we should be fresher than our rivals.

Keane was no DM.
He could play that role but it wasn't what he was. People felt he was that way because much of United's offense came from Scholes in the middle. But we were never in a game if Keane was out of it. Look no further than the win over the same Arsenal in the 2004 FA cup semi final. The goal we won the game with started with Keane.
Yeah they did score a goal but was rightfully disallowed by Graham Poll for a foul on our keepe in that Highbury game, I think it was van der Gouw in goal.

i like roy keane.
he does everything. if you bring pure football to the table, keane would match you. if you bring tony pulis style, keane was at home with that too. he's a man of many abilities.

But back to the 4-2 Highbury, I will never forget the look on Keane's face in the tunnel. He was basically calling Vieira a coward for picking on Gary Neville. I think he said something like "I'll see you out there" with him pointing at Vieira and Graham Poll trying to calm him down. The blood in his eyes even before kickoff only foreshadowed what was to come.

he ate vieira raw. apart from gabby heinze letting vieira get a header for their first goal, i didnt see vieira for the remainder of the match. keane took over. he won nearly all the 50-50 balls on the night & he released a delightful pass each time. rooney/ronaldo then were a pair of terriers. they ran sol campbell ragged.

Do you remember O'Shea's goal? I coulda sworn it was Ronaldo with O' Shea's face on it. That goal remains one of football's modern unresolved mysteries.

oshea thought he was offside & chipped the ball. it took him 30 seconds to realise he had scored. what a tool! grin cheesy cheesy

Keane was our leader, our general.
Too sad his career had to end the way it did.
Damn it was blood and fire whenever united and Arsenal got together on the pitch. You had to respect Arsenal though. They brought out the best in us back then.

that's why many still feel wenger is a better manager than jose. with his tiny resources, he built a killer squad in the early 2000s. they shoulda won it back to back in 02,03,04 but they allowed us back into it in 2003. ruud was rude that season too. 44 goals in one season & he snatched the title out of wenger's pocket!

It's a wonder how you still manage to type while inebriated grin

hahahaha
trade secrets, my friend. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 24, 2014
coogar:

we didn't the duo to destroy your treble dreams in 99 though. beckham in the midfield eviscerated bayern. that must hurt!!! cheesy grin
Beckham and Blomqvuist and Nicky Butt with Giggs playing right.
f that midfield manages to beat anybody, that team must be uber-useless
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:24pm On Jul 24, 2014
StarBoard:
Beckham and Blomqvuist and Nicky Butt with Giggs playing right.
f that midfield manages to beat anybody, that team must be uber-useless

they destroyed bayern. cheesy

truth be told, they murked us. world class profligacy & the stupidity of hitzfeld cost bayern. why on earth did he take out lothar matthaus? their midfield collapsed after then & our strikers started getting the freedom to run at them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
coogar:

carrick will thrive in a 3 man midfield. however, his days in a 2-man midfield is over. the burden will be too much on his partner. he will be useful in one of those domestic competitions.

come to think of it.....no europe means we got to keep our feet up every week. that's a bonus in my own opinion. van gaal should not finish less than second. we should be fresher than our rivals.

It would be tough t o finish in the top two. Not impossible but at this point, it's unlikely.
A top four finish is more realistic, if van Gaal is not thinking of making wholesale changes as he said during his introductory press conference.
That said, being fresh would help, though we hope people don't lose form or get long term injuries.

Demotion to the Carling cup for Carrick?
Na wah oh.

coogar:

i like roy keane.
he does everything. if you bring pure football to the table, keane would match you. if you bring tony pulis style, keane was at home with that too. he's a man of many abilities.
Keane had it all o.
See the kung fu kick he gave Alfe Inge Haaland for example. His knees stated giving out around 2002 and he was never really the same when injuries started hampering him.

No matter what, he's a top United legend.

coogar:

he ate vieira raw. apart from gabby heinze letting vieira get a header for their first goal, i didnt see vieira for the remainder of the match. keane took over. he won nearly all the 50-50 balls on the night & he released a delightful pass each time. rooney/ronaldo then were a pair of terriers. they ran sol campbell ragged.
Vieira had very few outstanding games vs Keane back then. I think he couldn't quite comprehend how someone could cope with his combo of pace and power (apologies to elamps) because Keane had aggression in lethal doses and was willing to dish it out when necessary.

coogar:

oshea thought he was offside & chipped the ball. it took him 30 seconds to realise he had scored. what a tool! grin cheesy cheesy
grin grin
He looked left, then right like he was going to cross a busy road then started to stroll, thinking the ref had blown for full time.
It was when he saw Heinze and Saha approaching him that he decided to join in the celebration. Not sure he knew his goal was legal.

Still wonder how he successfully chipped Lehman from that distance. Modern science still has its fallible points.
coogar:
that's why many still feel wenger is a better manager than jose. with his tiny resources, he built a killer squad in the early 2000s. they shoulda won it back to back in 02,03,04 but they allowed us back into it in 2003. ruud was rude that season too. 44 goals in one season & he snatched the title out of wenger's pocket!

For all Wenger's failings he still has my respect.
Like you said, Mourinho most likely spends his way to success.
Not that there is anything wrong in it, it's just that it's admirable when you do it from the scratch.
But I think we gave away the '02 title much like Arsenal did in '03.
We dropped some silly points at Old Trafford that year.
But Ruud was in beast mode in 02/03. He was the difference between us and Arsenal that season. He even ended up topping the Champions League scorers chart I think that season, despite crashing out in the quarter finals.
coogar:

hahahaha
trade secrets, my friend. cheesy
Do you drink for a living?
That must be interesting.
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
coogar:

they destroyed bayern. cheesy

truth be told, they murked us. world class profligacy & the stupidity of hitzfeld cost bayern. why on earth did he take out lothar matthaus? their midfield collapsed after then & our strikers started getting the freedom to run at them.
Hitzfeld thought he had it won.
I think he got lulled into a false sense of security especially since ewe didn't seem to be clicking into our normal rhythm given the absences. They created the clearer chances and bossed play generally. I still remember the overhead kick by Jancker that hit the bar. A centimetre lower and the 1999 CL title was Bayern's. No coming back from that one.
Then Fergie gambled and won.
We had our name written on that trophy. You couldn't have the kind of season we had and go home empty in the CL finals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:47pm On Jul 24, 2014
StarBoard:
Hitzfeld thought he had it won.
I think he got lulled into a false sense of security especially since ewe didn't seem to be clicking into our normal rhythm given the absences. They created the clearer chances and bossed play generally. I still remember the overhead kick by Jancker that hit the bar. A centimetre lower and the 1999 CL title was Bayern's. No coming back from that one.
Then Fergie gambled and won.
We had our name written on that trophy. You couldn't have the kind of season we had and go home empty in the CL finals.

i still get goosebumps watching solskjaer's goal. my mom chased me with a long cane after i shouted like a raving lunatic. it was one of the best nights of my life. i shouted so hard i lost my voice for 3 days.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 5:11pm On Jul 24, 2014
Bayern was missing our top striker Elbert and Lizarazu despite that still bossed proceedings and manure was only lucky not to be down by 3. With Two of our balls hitting the framework

We proved this by pummeling them home and away on our way to winning two years later

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dantedasz(m): 5:13pm On Jul 24, 2014
Looking forward to this season after the disaster that was David Moyes. Though the 7-0 debut for LVG was only against LA Galaxy,I saw a lot of positives and potentials and I am quite sure United will be challenging for the league title this season. Let the IRON TULIP era begin. Lets see who has got the bigger BALLS!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by psalmdave(m): 5:48pm On Jul 24, 2014
comin 2 wonder while these our best players cudnt deliver a a chelsea side,even with a victory,chelsea always dominated a midfield includin keane nd scholes...henandez has been our only player against chelsea,my point is im hopin van gaal changes our attidude towards chelsea,no matter hw bad chelsea has been,manutd has never been able 2 play them,even games we beat them,u find them dominatin us,its 1 tin m hopin van gaal changes,chelsea nd city bullied even ferguson...i hope van gaal nt only brings us back 2 glory,but change our attidue towards big sides!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 6:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
Dantedasz: Looking forward to this season after the disaster that was David Moyes. Though the 7-0 debut for LVG was only against LA Galaxy,I saw a lot of positives and potentials and I am quite sure United will be challenging for the league title this season. Let the IRON TULIP era begin. Lets see who has got the bigger BALLS!

How's your Robben purchase coming? You were so sure just a month ago. Or should we wait till August?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:04pm On Jul 24, 2014
dayokanu: Bayern was missing our top striker Elbert and Lizarazu despite that still bossed proceedings and manure was only lucky not to be down by 3. With Two of our balls hitting the framework

We proved this by pummeling them home and away on our way to winning two years later

it didn't matter anymore then. until you meet united in a grand final like that & beat them silly, it will never take the pain of 99 away. about a million bayern fans had to be placed on suicide watch after that night.

remember osei kuffour?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 6:12pm On Jul 24, 2014
coogar:

it didn't matter anymore then. until you meet united in a grand final like that & beat them silly, it will never take the pain of 99 away. about a million bayern fans had to be placed on suicide watch after that night.

remember osei kuffour?

Since 99 we have won 2 CL trophies, beaten united 4 times and eliminated then every time we met in knockout.

One fluke result didn't change that you lots are below us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:24pm On Jul 24, 2014
dayokanu:

Since 99 we have won 2 CL trophies, beaten united 4 times and eliminated then every time we met in knockout.

One fluke result didn't change that you lots are below us.

you are a big buffoon!

united - 99 & 2008
bayern - 2001 & 2013.

we waited 9 years, y'all waited 12 years. united won theirs unbeaten(flawless), you won yours with blemishes & eczema.

we are not mates....this is why our shirt deal alone will buy allianz arena & feed all bayern fans for the next 10 years.

it's a disgrace a german company(adidas) would rather sponsor an english club with that amount of money at the expense of bayern.

you should face-palm!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 6:27pm On Jul 24, 2014
All these Nostalgic feelings about Keane invariably brings back memories of my favourite midfielder at that time Nando Redondo!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (792) (793) (794) (795) (796) (797) (798) ... (14369) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Segedinho(m), Bjteensdes24, Elnino4ladies and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.