Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,081 members, 7,987,828 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 05:45 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (850) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9273661 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (847) (848) (849) (850) (851) (852) (853) ... (14440) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
chrisley024: Rooney has been piss poor!

CLUB CAPTAIN cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
chrisley024: LVG says Jonny Evans, Luke Shaw and Antonio Valencia all doubtful for MUFC first game of season against Swansea.

So we'll likely play with 2day's defenders.
Season has not even started and this angry
hahaha I think the defenders did well
we seem disorganised during set pieces this preseason tho
#room for improvement of course
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 12:04am On Aug 13, 2014
Okay now as the season is about to start, What are the expectations of the teams

Which teams are still in transition,

Which coach never buy players that fit his system.

What are the odds of the teams to win

Because when e reach mid season na him story go change
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 12:13am On Aug 13, 2014
Odds from different website

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 12:13am On Aug 13, 2014
Oddschecker

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:23am On Aug 13, 2014
montelik:

I have been busy rigging campaigning in Osun state cool

Now that our man has been returned, I can now do other stuff.
Awon thug ti de o.
Security e mu won.
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:29am On Aug 13, 2014
StarBoard:
Coogar is not gonna be happy.
Fella is on the bench while Anderson is nowhere near the pitch.
His boys are being sidelined.
Shaw might not last under van Gaal. Evans might have been given time off. I dunno

fellaini started from the bench & got the winner. minus his goal, he was outstanding. anderson is injured......he won't be back till end of august.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 3:17am On Aug 13, 2014
coogar:

fellaini started from the bench & got the winner. minus his goal, he was outstanding. anderson is injured......he won't be back till end of august.

How can u get injured doing nothing more than stretching your hand across the table asking for more food like Oliver Twist?
I can bet that he has a food related injury not a field related one.
The guy has gotten paid far too long for doing nothing......he should be sold already!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 5:48am On Aug 13, 2014
Keep your eye out for the Sevilla #4, Krychowiak... 2-3 seasons from now, that guy is going to be very, very sought after!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 6:21am On Aug 13, 2014
Abeg we should keep Fellaini jare... because wen things don dey red, omo na to go "route-1" oh!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 7:04am On Aug 13, 2014
I think Fellaini was good yesterday, he took control of the midfield when he came in, and as I have always believed he will come good for us as a defensive midfielder he only need to check his tackling.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 7:26am On Aug 13, 2014
n0m0705: I think Fellaini was good yesterday, he took control of the midfield when he came in, and as I have always believed he will come good for us as a defensive midfielder he only need to check his tackling.

He lacks the mobility at the highest level to play that role. He would get eaten up by Matic and co.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 7:32am On Aug 13, 2014
MrTA:

He lacks the mobility at the highest level to play that role. He would get eaten up by Matic and co.
True he is not mobile, but so is carrick and carrick has been one of our best for many years even with his slow motion. Plus Fellaini is comfortable on the ball than carrick and he is more combative, he only needs to check his tackling.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:42am On Aug 13, 2014
Abeg Rooney still dey collect 200k per week or is there news abt incriment?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 7:47am On Aug 13, 2014
n0m0705:
True he is not mobile, but so is carrick and carrick has been one of our best for many years even with his slow motion. Plus Fellaini is comfortable on the ball than carrick and he is more combative, he only needs to check his tackling.

fellaini more comfortable on the ball than carrick?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:48am On Aug 13, 2014
Carrick has positional discpline that helps his intercepting balls, this compensates for his immobility. He is not so bad sef.

Fellaini just isn't a United type of player. Simple. How u see Fellaini more comfortable with ball than carrick beats me. He is clumsy with ball in midfield especially under a little pressure. He is good at knocking the ball down for his team mate or controlling and scoring like he did against Valencia.

When do we expect a coach like LvG to play route-1?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:01am On Aug 13, 2014
With the appointment of fletcher as vice captain, it seems the scot is gonna play a key role LVG's plans (at least for this season). Taking this into perspective, I won't feel bad with the acquisition of a decent 20-25m rated midfielder, ending the Vidal rumors once and for all!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 8:07am On Aug 13, 2014
afrodoc:

fellaini more comfortable on the ball than carrick?
I can count how many times carrick beat a man with the ball on his feet, he just Received ball and pass to another player Immediately whereas Fellaini can still run past one or two players with the ball. All in all, I will prefer to see a Fellaini as DM than the carrick I saw last season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 8:17am On Aug 13, 2014
codedguy1:
When do we expect a coach like LvG to play route-1?

When things don red... abi you want us to be like "no plan B" Barca!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 13, 2014
Dadehmola: With the appointment of fletcher as vice captain, it seems the scot is gonna play a key role LVG's plans (at least for this season). Taking this into perspective, I won't feel bad with the acquisition of a decent 20-25m rated midfielder, ending the Vidal rumors once and for all!
The thing is we are going to be linked with Vidal till the end of the window, whether we actually are or not. In this case Juve are on tour and till he returns to base, we won't stop hearing these stories.

but do you see things improving on the transfer front in general? things are just the same (i.e. speculation level). There's even renewed news that woodhead met with Di Maria's people last night in Cardiff.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 13, 2014
RuuDie:

When things don red... abi you want us to be like "no plan B" Barca!
van Gaal is not a route one person.
He despises that method.
Whatever plan he has must involve quick movement of the ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:24am On Aug 13, 2014
This Real team will score goals by the truckloads, they just have to sort their defence.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 13, 2014
n0m0705:
I can count how many times carrick beat a man with the ball on his feet, he just Received ball and pass to another player Immediately whereas Fellaini can still run past one or two players with the ball. All in all, I will prefer to see a Fellaini as DM than the carrick I saw last season.
Boss, Carrick is easily the more comfortable of the two.
Fellaini's biggest strength is his hold-up play and he's more suited for play behind the main striker.
As such he might be deemed surplus to requirements in our midfield.
Not necessarily because he is a bad player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 13, 2014
afrodoc: This Real team will score goals by the truckloads, they just have to sort their defence.
Mehn. their forward play is something else.
Ronaldo, Kroos, Benzema,James Rodrigues, Bale.
Some front 5.We're not even adding Modric.

Enough to strike the fear of the divine into any opposition.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:45am On Aug 13, 2014
StarBoard:
The thing is we are going to be linked with Vidal till the end of the window, whether we actually are or not. In this case Juve are on tour and till he returns to base, we won't stop hearing these stories.

With roughly 18days to the close of the transfer window, the purchase of a 20-25m midfielder should be just about enough to quench the Vidal rumors.

StarBoard:
but do you see things improving on the transfer front in general? things are just the same (i.e. speculation level). There's even renewed news that woodhead met with Di Maria's people last night in Cardiff.

The present situation of things isn't too encouraging but you never know.. We might be in for a surprise(a pleasant one) towards the tail end of the window.

Our supposed interest in players like cuadrado and di maria remain a mystery, considering the fact that both are expensive players who don't seem to be useful in a 3-4-1-2 formation (which is gonna be our default formation from all indications).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:55am On Aug 13, 2014
StarBoard:
Mehn. their forward play is something else.
Ronaldo, Kroos, Benzema,James Rodrigues, Bale.
Some front 5.We're not even adding Modric.

Enough to strike the fear of the divine into any opposition.

The fact that it's dynamic and fluid even makes it more dangerous. Yesterday, I saw Ronaldo, James and otu Benzema swapping positions on numerous occasions to great effect.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:56am On Aug 13, 2014
There is absolutely no need to panic.

Judging by preseason, United have a squad good enough to challenge for a top 4 finish.

With Van Gaal's extra sengemenge on the table in addition to relatively easy opening fixtures, united should be fast out the blocks and in the front of the pack early, and who knows what could happen from there?

I don't see what all the concern is about tbh, afterall most of these guys are multiple title winners who last won the league less than 2 years ago. undecided

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 13, 2014
Dadehmola:
With roughly 18days to the close of the transfer window, the purchase of a 20-25m midfielder should be just about enough to quench the Vidal rumors.
The question is who fits the description needed that would be sold to us at that rate?
The market today is really unrealistic in itself which actually makes me doubt if we can find someone to fit that description.

Dadehmola:
The present situation of things isn't too encouraging but you never know.. We might be in for a surprise(a pleasant one) towards the tail end of the window.
Our supposed interest in players like cuadrado and di maria remain a mystery, considering the fact that both are expensive players who don't seem to be useful in a 3-4-1-2 formation (which is gonna be our default formation from all indications).
If it were in my power there's no need going for such on the basis of the emboldened.
Why waste money or spend active time pursuing targets that wouldn't improve us but would only serve as glamour targets?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 13, 2014
Dadehmola:

The fact that it's dynamic and fluid even makes it more dangerous. Yesterday, I saw Ronaldo, James and otu Benzema swapping positions on numerous occasions to great effect.
I saw the pass that Bale gave for Ronaldo's opener.
If they are acting like that in a season opener, may God save us all.
Thankfully we are not anywhere near Europe. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 9:21am On Aug 13, 2014
StarBoard:
van Gaal is not a route one person.
He despises that method.
Whatever plan he has must involve quick movement of the ball.

Man. when situation gets dire... footie philosophies go out the back door in that instant. Even Arsenal now whip crosses into the box when the "pass pass pass" isn't working.

I am not saying switch to route-1 permanently; but Fellaini and route-1 will surely come in handy at some point in some games - this we can all be sure of!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 9:21am On Aug 13, 2014
StarBoard:
The question is who fits the description needed that would be sold to us at that rate?
The market today is really unrealistic in itself which actually makes me doubt if we can find someone to fit that description.

At Madrid, Sami khedira's future seems to be on the bench .Why can't see get him for God's sake? I don't see us getting turned down by the club or even the player.

StarBoard:
If it were in my power there's no need going for such on the basis of the emboldened.
Why waste money or spend active time pursuing targets that wouldn't improve us but would only serve as glamour targets?

To further complicate issues...

'‘I cannot talk about Cuadrado, because if I say something about him the price will rise.’' metro.co.uk/2014/08/06/louis-van-gaal-fuels-speculation-that-juan-cuadrado-is-a-manchester-united-target-4823421
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 9:25am On Aug 13, 2014
StarBoard:
Thankfully we are not anywhere near Europe. grin

grin cheesy grin

Getting destroyed by an attack worth 270m, can't be said to be disgraceful jare. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (847) (848) (849) (850) (851) (852) (853) ... (14440) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: azpekuliar, sleekdot(m), iamharkinwaley, CapitalCee(m), Ellexy, Jamiuokolaa and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.