Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,960 members, 7,873,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:56 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8630) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8895215 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8627) (8628) (8629) (8630) (8631) (8632) (8633) ... (14225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:30pm On Sep 30, 2020
elrony:

Since you resigned as José's secretary of special duties, we barely know what's happening at the club anymore angry

But its obvious na.

Glazers' Ed, Ole are running riot.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 9:34pm On Sep 30, 2020
OGS, please stop deceiving us o, if you want to fail, please do so now, not all these win 1, draw 1, lose 1 paroles.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:35pm On Sep 30, 2020
I think Bailly will complement Maguire better.

Since we've no RW, let Ole try 4 midfielders na, with Martial and Rashford forward.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by gameboy727(m): 9:36pm On Sep 30, 2020
Everton looks hot this season so far.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 9:37pm On Sep 30, 2020
I don talk am. It's Ole's specialty. Put off the fire when the water starts to boil. grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 9:37pm On Sep 30, 2020
Wetin concern us about Everton? cheesy
gameboy727:
Everton looks hot this season so far.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:37pm On Sep 30, 2020
chrisley024:
Lucky goal
The free kick? how na
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:41pm On Sep 30, 2020
eph12:

The free kick? how na

Deflection. It was going wide.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 9:41pm On Sep 30, 2020
Fred is poor ooo. Na only energy to run him get. cheesy. Him no fit find person with pass beyond 20 feet.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TeslaFC: 9:42pm On Sep 30, 2020
eph12:

What is Sancho's style of play and what is it exactly that you think Ole demands from his attackers?

patrickmuf:
You sabi ask wicked questions sha...

eph12:

no na. Maybe I'm being too over critical ni. maybe with his explanation, I may see both Sancho and our attackers in a new light grin

patrickmuf:
I dey wait to read him reply...

Sancho has pace, and is two-footed, which makes him versatile for both wings. OGS requires his attacking 3 to be fluid.

Sancho plays with ball to feet, similar to Anthony Martial. And he loves to dribble a lot. OGS seems to support players that dance in and around the box more than players that focus on making crosses.

Sancho also has an eye for pass, he possesses a very good playmaking ability, shown by his stat of last season. This means that in the system, the fluidity does not tamper with the quality of passing. For example, Daniel James. James style of play as a LW is different from his style of play as a RW. James plays more as an Inverted Forward when on the left, and as a Traditional Winger when on the right. He can’t play as an Inverted forward on the right because he isn’t two-footed.

Sancho plays as an Inverted forward on both wings because of his two-footedness, but his pace also gives him the ability to become unpredictable. He can either go in dribbling, or outpace defenders and put in a low cross for well-positioned CF to finish off. This is in line with OGS need for a fluid front 3.

Sancho himself is a good finisher, so while reading the game and setting up his teammates, his eye for goal cannot be underestimated, because he can shoot at any time, from anywhere within the box 18. Compare this to Mason Greenwood. Greenwood’s two-foot technique and power shot makes him a problem for keepers to deal with.

Now, let’s look at it from the mental aspect.

Sancho’s stats of last season prove that his decision-making is very good. You can’t rack up 17 assists with a dull brain. He plays for the team, and has good tactical understanding of the game well enough to know when to lay on a goal scoring chance for his teammates.

Sancho, just like Van De Beek has a good off-the-ball movement. Though I believe that VDB is slightly better than him in that aspect. Players with good off-the-ball movement are quality because they already know what to do with the ball before it arrives. That aids the team flow on the pitch.

Despite the hype and media coverage, Sancho seems to remain focused on becoming one of the best in the world. His interviews prove that. It’s not easy for a player of his age to manage such level of hype. That shows a strong mentality.

Lastly, Sancho already knows most of the guys at United, so gelling shouldn’t be a problem.

This is the last time I’ll have to explain stuff like this. If you want to know a player’s style of play, go watch your damn TV.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:42pm On Sep 30, 2020
Good win. Crappy football.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:42pm On Sep 30, 2020
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 9:43pm On Sep 30, 2020
nitrogen:
OGS, please stop deceiving us o, if you want to fail, please do so now, not all these win 1, draw 1, lose 1 paroles.
You won't get your wish, I don't see Ole losing 3 straight matches. Na win 1 draw 1 and lose 1
He will even go on a winning streak sef

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Prectega(m): 9:43pm On Sep 30, 2020
Wanbissaka really better than Dalot?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:45pm On Sep 30, 2020
Second half wen I watch, Dalot no solid for back.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ovoP(m): 9:47pm On Sep 30, 2020
Didn't watch... How was dalot performance
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:47pm On Sep 30, 2020
Prectega:
Ya, Dalot is piss poor in defence, especially on one-on-one, and not even good in attack.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 9:47pm On Sep 30, 2020
Nice win, unto the next.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by gameboy727(m): 9:48pm On Sep 30, 2020
benji93:
Wetin concern us about Everton? cheesy
grin grin

Potential strong competitors for top 6 position.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 9:48pm On Sep 30, 2020
Prectega:
Miles better, especially in defence.

See how Dalot lost a ball that was already his in the closing minutes..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 9:50pm On Sep 30, 2020
patrickmuf:
My post was more about the player than the price. If we made a move for Jota at that price, won't you guys say he isn't going to MASSIVELY improve us? In the same vein you guys claim Liverpool are improving their team...How are Liverpool improving their team by signing Jota yet Adama won't be an improvement if we signed him.

You are quick to point at Adama's price but have no qualms if we spent £108m on Sancho...E be things.

I have never supported 108m for Sancho

And in comparison we know Sancho is way better than Adama

Now back to jota

We are looking for a RW not another LW

How you don get this is what I don't understand

Some guys brought up Brooks here even in the rumours but well E no last

Even the Ake you mentioned in your previous, I think we were in for him but E no work out.

Abeg reason am na sad, 75 million for adama

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 9:50pm On Sep 30, 2020
chidexxy007:

Miles better, especially in defence.

See how Dalot lost a ball that was already his in the closing minutes..
Not better in attack, and Dalot is quite rusty, man haven’t play in consecutive games since forever.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 9:51pm On Sep 30, 2020
nitrogen:
We've played 4, won 3. Dunno where u got your win 1 draw 1 lose 1 results from
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 9:51pm On Sep 30, 2020
ovoP:
Like someone who hasn't played alot lately
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 9:52pm On Sep 30, 2020
Another win

We move cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 9:52pm On Sep 30, 2020
benji93:
Fred is poor ooo. Na only energy to run him get. cheesy. Him no fit find person with pass beyond 20 feet.
Fred balled well early last season, he's quality.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TeslaFC: 9:52pm On Sep 30, 2020
ovoP:

Average. One of those who need gametime to get into their rhythm.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 9:53pm On Sep 30, 2020
weedtaker:
Not better in attack, and Dalot is quite rusty, man haven’t play in consecutive games since forever.
True this.

I thought he was rumoured to be on his way to Italy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 9:55pm On Sep 30, 2020
chrisley024:
I think Bailly will compliment Maguire better.

Since we've no RW, let Ole try 4 midfielders na, with Martial and Rashford forward.
it should work with attacking fullbacks in a 4-4-2 diamond.
Matic, VDB, Bruno, Fred/McTom
Greenwood and Pogba as subs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 9:55pm On Sep 30, 2020
He still needs to be shown the exit door
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 9:56pm On Sep 30, 2020
The last time i checked we are in a new season. cheesy. Abi?
melodyogonna:

Fred balled well early last season, he's quality.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 9:56pm On Sep 30, 2020
ChristineC:
it should work with attacking fullbacks in a 4-4-2 diamond.
Matic, VDB, Bruno, Fred/McTom
Greenwood and Pogba as subs.
modify dis post, thanks.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8627) (8628) (8629) (8630) (8631) (8632) (8633) ... (14225) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.