Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,587 members, 7,929,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 05:24 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8770) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9091168 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8767) (8768) (8769) (8770) (8771) (8772) (8773) ... (14312) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 5:29pm On Oct 16, 2020
eph12:
I already know Pogba won't be comfortable in that CM role for long. He's a numbers person. As long as he's not among the goals and assists, he won't settle.
he’s not a numbers man though, and if that report is true then he’s mad. Bruno will always be the AM cuz he’s the definition of what a “numbers man” should be.

Put Bruno and Pogba in a 4 3 3 and use Main man as a LCM, Bruno as a RCM.

Bruno will still out score and out assist him. Pogba might be the better player, but Bruno will be the more effective and productive midfielder.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 5:30pm On Oct 16, 2020
eph12:
I already know Pogba won't be comfortable in that CM role for long. He's a numbers person. As long as he's not among the goals and assists, he won't settle.

He should fvck off.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:31pm On Oct 16, 2020
weedtaker:
Lindelöf and Bailly are even better on the ball than Maguire.

Waste of funds, I always knew he was not as good as the media portrayed him, even before and after the World Cup, I knew he was never that good.

I can't really disagree with this. Last season when i was criticizing his use of the ball many people here were defending him. I believe his passing and general use of the ball would be better if he was playing RCB though cos like the rest of them he is not left footed even though he deceived people into believing he was comfortable playing LCB.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:35pm On Oct 16, 2020
weedtaker:
he’s not a numbers man though, and if that report is true then he’s mad. Bruno will always be the AM cuz he’s the definition of what a “numbers man” should be.

Bruno will still out score and out assist him. Pogba might be the better player, but Bruno will be the more effective and productive midfielder.

This is the simple solution to playing both Pogba and Bruno. Switch to 4-3-3 and use one holding midfielder behind them. It will even help our pressing game as 4-3-3 is better suited to pressing than 4-2-3-1.

At least this formation should be tested before people conclude that they can't function well together.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 5:40pm On Oct 16, 2020
afrodoc2:
[b]

I can't really disagree with this. Last season when i was criticizing his use of the ball many people here were defending him. I believe his passing and general use of the ball would be better if he was playing RCB though cos like the rest of them he is not left footed even though he deceived people into believing he was comfortable playing LCB.
Even if he plays RCB I don’t think it would improve, he just knows how to carry the ball, I’ll give him that, but his passing is just there.

Blind was the best passer we have had at CB since Rio, makes you wonder what Jose was thinking when he sold blind and bought Lindelöf as his replacement. Lol.. I know our board are useless but our managers seff the mad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 5:46pm On Oct 16, 2020
afrodoc2:

Maguire was always suspect.

The mental pressure of playing at United is different from the mental pressure of playing at Leicester. And going by his response to his court case he is mentally fragile.

The difficulty level for a slow and fat CB to play with a low block like in Leicester is different from playing in a much higher block like at United.

The exposure level when playing with an energetic and quick DM like Ndidi as your screen is different to when playing with slow Matic as your screen.

He is not a crap defender but he is definitely not as good as advertised to us. Definitely not worth 80m.
Mental weak shocked mental pressure?
didn't the CB in question play for England in a world cup and make semi finals
win an EPL title
Is it his fault a one team he plays for doesn't have a good DM.
Diagnosis chey, African doctors oooo

hmm, ok o

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:02pm On Oct 16, 2020
weedtaker:
Even if he plays RCB I don’t think it would improve, he just knows how to carry the ball, I’ll give him that, but his passing is just there.

Blind was the best passer we have had at CB since Rio, makes you wonder what Jose was thinking when he sold blind and bought Lindelöf as his replacement. Lol.. I know our board are useless but our managers seff the mad.

Blind was definitely an excellent passer but at times he struggled with the physicality of the EPL and i understand JM letting him go because he is just so different from the typical JM CB.

In all fairness though Lindelof that was touted as this hard man Scandinavian defender has turned out to be as weak as Blind ever was, so maybe the scouts misled JM.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 6:08pm On Oct 16, 2020
afrodoc2:

Blind was definitely an excellent passer but at times he struggled with the physicality of the EPL and i understand JM letting him go because he is just so different from the typical JM CB.

In all fairness though Lindelof that was touted as this hard man Scandinavian defender has turned out to be as weak as Blind ever was, so maybe the scouts misled JM.

Make I do like say I no see wetin you do there grin

You just ghost the ladyboy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:13pm On Oct 16, 2020
weedtaker:

Pogba doesn't care about holding the midfield. He just wants to score and assists. I wouldn't blame him though, that's the only thing the fans appreciate. If he was dropping a stinker everyday but somehow getting some goals and assists, nobody will be dragging him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 6:16pm On Oct 16, 2020
BlueAngel444:

win an EPL title

hmm, ok o

Win which EPL title? Losing a world cup semi means what exactly?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 6:19pm On Oct 16, 2020
MRTA7:

Win which EPL title?Losing a world cup semi means what exactly?

But losing 3 Semi-finals was progress to OLE fans cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by thorrvik55(m): 6:20pm On Oct 16, 2020
BlueAngel444:

win an EPL title

hmm, ok o

Maguire was relegating Hull City when Leicester won the league if my memory serves me right.. Dem Wes Morgan and Rob Huth were the key men at the back for Leicester the year they won the league

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 16, 2020
Opinion: Solskjær should consider reverting to 4-3-3

Since Bruno’s arrival, we have seen Pogba operating as the deep-lying midfielder in a double-pivot, usually paired with Nemanja Matic, Scott McTominay or Fred. On the one hand, while this might suit his vision and wider range of passing, it does seem to come at the sacrifice of his overall athleticism and ability on the ball. Not only is he less likely to venture forward, dribble past players and arrive late in the box, but he is regularly found dawdling and giving the ball away before the halfway line.

So, if we were to see Pogba return to the left of a three, as is so often regarded as his best position, how would the rest of the midfield line-up? Well, the first name on the team sheet would, no doubt be Bruno, operating as the second attacking midfielder on the right-hand side. This may not see him play as the outright number ten, but it is a position he often took up for Sporting – either off the right or on the left like Pogba – whilst still maintaining a lot of output.

Obviously, these more attacking midfield positions, especially, are fairly fluid – as is typical of the modern game, with the ‘free eight’ being a recently coined term. In short, what this would allow Bruno and Pogba to do is not only operate in a more box-to-box capacity, but to alternate when it comes to who drives forward into the more advanced position.

Though many may fear that swapping a double pivot for a single holding midfielder might make us too vulnerable – especially given our recent defensive record – a more mobile anchor should be enough to cover the ground lost in the absence of a second deep-lying midfielder.

The first name that comes to mind is Fred, who performed so well at the start of last season and still aided in the quick transition from midfield to attack with his regular recycling of the ball and decent variety of passing.

One prospect presented by returning to a 4-3-3 is that it allows Pogba, in particular, to get further forward and influence the game more by linking up with Bruno and the front three. However, the central motivation for reverting to this formation is the hope that it will now work more effectively with the likes of Bruno and Van de Beek in the squad.

Source - utdreport
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 6:30pm On Oct 16, 2020
afrodoc2:

Arghh the famous or rather infamous 7million scouts of Manchester United.. make we first #Endsarz we go table Scouts matter later grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 6:40pm On Oct 16, 2020
afrodoc2:

or maybe something is truly wrong within the club, player leave us and do well for their teams. I use to attribute it to pressure playing for Manutd, Ole and the board need to get this sorted asap before players start believing the rumour. Bruno did very well last season, but he has struggled so far this season. Let's see what the players serve us against Newcastle United...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 6:40pm On Oct 16, 2020
thorrvik55:

Maguire was relegating Hull City when Leicester won the league if my memory serves me right.. Dem Wes Morgan and Rob Huth were the key men at the back for Leicester the year they won the league
true but he was good enough to replace one of them the next season and survive the pressure of performing for his NT. So someone who was mental weak became captain or is because of his recent situations and stress.

anyway na DER player tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by thorrvik55(m): 6:42pm On Oct 16, 2020
BlueAngel444:
true but he was good enough to replace one of them the next season and survive the pressure of performing for his NT. So someone who was mental weak became captain or is because of his recent situations and stress.

anyway na una player

Check the monicker way u quote well.

I am not/would not/can never be a Scummy, not in a million years...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 6:43pm On Oct 16, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Source - utdreport
When i suggested this, someone here called me football Einstein grin. 4-2-3-1 is a rubbish formation for our players imo...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 6:48pm On Oct 16, 2020
thorrvik55:

Check the monicker way u quote well.

I am not/would not/can never be a Scummy, not in a million years...
lol grin grin grin why na, no be human beans dey support dem so.

no vex. make I correct am cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:05pm On Oct 16, 2020
DeadPresidents:

Make I do like say I no see wetin you do there grin

You just ghost the ladyboy

No loud it. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 8:32pm On Oct 16, 2020
afrodoc2:
[b]

I think Guardiola system is making people believe that you have to be left footed on play on the left side of the defence.
That's a myth and not totally true, although left footed players have a slight advantage the difference isn't that significant.
VVD plays on the left side of the defence and he isn't left footed, Koulibaly also, Vidic, Pique the list goes on. We have more right footed players in the world than left footed.
The case with Maguire is that he is too slow even at Leicester he played on the left. The truth is Maguire's ball playing abilities are overrated just like John stone's.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:11pm On Oct 16, 2020
Panther7:
I think Guardiola system is making people believe that you have to be left footed on play on the left side of the defence.
That's a myth and not totally true, although left footed players have a slight advantage the difference isn't that significant.
VVD plays on the left side of the defence and he isn't left footed, Koulibaly also, Vidic, Pique the list goes on. We have more right footed players in the world than left footed.
The case with Maguire is that he is too slow even at Leicester he played on the left. The truth is Maguire's ball playing abilities are overrated just like John stone's.

You don't have to be left footed but it helps, and a right footed player like Maguire who is struggling on the left would most likely do better on the right. In Maguire's case it is even made more obvious by his refusal to use his left foot while playing LCB. Pique, VVD, Vidic even John Terry were willing to use their left foot to pass or launch the ball when necessary.
Having said that i agree that Maguire's ball playing abilities are overrated.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 10:25pm On Oct 16, 2020
Expert17:
Manchester United players growing frustrated at 'basic' training which 'lacks creativity'.

DNA is enough.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 10:29pm On Oct 16, 2020
CapitalCee:
Newcastle Vs Man United: Pogba not happy with Solskajaer's tactics, Demands to take over Fernandes' position

Manchester United midfielder, Paul Pogba, is unhappy with Ole Gunnar Solksjaer playing him in a withdrawn role, the UK Independent reports.

It is believed there is a degree of friction brewing over United’s midfield set up, with Pogba particularly at odds with the role he has been given.

The arrival of Bruno Fernandes from Sporting Lisbon in January saw Pogba pushed back into a deeper role, most often alongside Matic, with the Portuguese given all the freedom to get forward that was previously bestowed on the Frenchman.

While the new-look midfield worked well in the beginning, their more recent struggles have exposed some issues.

Pogba is said to, “hate” playing in the more withdrawn role and feels he should be the player given the more advanced position currently occupied by Fernandes.

In order to get a better balance in the squad, Solskjaer is understood to be seriously considering dropping one of the pair, so he can play a more disciplined and combative sitting duo behind his advanced midfielder.

Donny van de Beek could come into the midfield pivot, though he mainly played an attacking, box-to-box role for Ajax – with Solskjaer believing his best quality is his nose for goal – which is similar to the role both Pogba and Fernandes want to play.
Pogba no fit ball well for this him current position.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 10:49pm On Oct 16, 2020
It's good to be back

#GGMU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 10:50pm On Oct 16, 2020
I for like make ole bench Pogba start VDB
and bench Maguire too, he facing a huge emotional strain.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 11:07pm On Oct 16, 2020
cool

Fvck old trafford we have built a new castle.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 12:51am On Oct 17, 2020
TrebleChamp:
[s]Agree it's from a troll but is the statement wrong? Maguire was one of Leicester City best player and also did well at the world cup, so when could have gone wrong in just a little over one year?[/s]
Sleep well bro
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 12:54am On Oct 17, 2020
CapitalCee:
Newcastle Vs Man United: Pogba not happy with Solskajaer's tactics, Demands to take over Fernandes' position

Manchester United midfielder, Paul Pogba, is unhappy with Ole Gunnar Solksjaer playing him in a withdrawn role, the UK Independent reports.

It is believed there is a degree of friction brewing over United’s midfield set up, with Pogba particularly at odds with the role he has been given.

The arrival of Bruno Fernandes from Sporting Lisbon in January saw Pogba pushed back into a deeper role, most often alongside Matic, with the Portuguese given all the freedom to get forward that was previously bestowed on the Frenchman.

While the new-look midfield worked well in the beginning, their more recent struggles have exposed some issues.

Pogba is said to, “hate” playing in the more withdrawn role and feels he should be the player given the more advanced position currently occupied by Fernandes.

In order to get a better balance in the squad, Solskjaer is understood to be seriously considering dropping one of the pair, so he can play a more disciplined and combative sitting duo behind his advanced midfielder.

Donny van de Beek could come into the midfield pivot, though he mainly played an attacking, box-to-box role for Ajax – with Solskjaer believing his best quality is his nose for goal – which is similar to the role both Pogba and Fernandes want to play.
Hahaha. I am not surprised that someone will actually report this bullshit as “news”, I am only surprised that people actually believe this. grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 5:36am On Oct 17, 2020
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:11am On Oct 17, 2020
Leyqute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op2iTXGP1Zo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-GaXSXUivo

grin

Diff is over clear. Ain't surprised though, no be OGS dey in charge?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 6:28am On Oct 17, 2020
TrebleChamp:
Definitely not worth £80m, Leicester did us strong thing with that fee.
They wanted to do us strong thing too with Chilwell but marina resisted. Maguire is not that bad but was overpriced.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8767) (8768) (8769) (8770) (8771) (8772) (8773) ... (14312) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.