Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,110 members, 7,887,238 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:05 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9029) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8932629 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9026) (9027) (9028) (9029) (9030) (9031) (9032) ... (14245) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 9:42pm On Nov 28, 2020
Leyqute:
If Tottenham beat Chelsea tomorrow na Mourinho go win that league

Tarhh! Too early to conclude.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 9:48pm On Nov 28, 2020
KingAlabi:
As water level, Everton don find their mates

Sheffield United thanks for the memories last season and also for dean, you can go back to league on now undecided
You made it seem like Sheffield lost 5 nil, second half never even start and they are just a goal down...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 9:48pm On Nov 28, 2020
nani667:
#OleOUT #OleOUT

Nani cool down now
We no play match today
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 9:50pm On Nov 28, 2020
TrebleChamp:
You made it seem like Sheffield lost 5 nil, second half never even start and they are just a goal down...
Help me check their position and points this season

I dey make general statement not just this match in particular.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 10:11pm On Nov 28, 2020
Before you know now one real Madrid reject go begin twerk for this thread

E be things
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 11:31pm On Nov 28, 2020
What exactly is wrong with Sheffield United?..Their season turnout has got to be the biggest surprise of the league so far..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 12:31am On Nov 29, 2020
MRTA7:

Dont be surprised if its Matic and Fred.
that will be disappointing.
it's best we start quickly and get our noses in front, then introduce Matic if the game is nervy in the second half.
Southampton are very mobile especially in the second half, and we'd need experienced heads to cool it down.
I hope the same team from last game starts.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 5:55am On Nov 29, 2020
Lana1:
How much squad depth must a team now have like this? Coz Liverpool's squad depth is pretty deep

Well, I think he, Klopp prefer to use some players to some that's what I'm trying to say here. By the time fatigue comes in, your first team players won't survive while their backup will be low in confidence and out of shape. You remember how last season after lockdown was for Manchester United nah? Olè consistently used some players over and over. Those who could have been substituted for them are below par.

Though, it all boil down to management yet rotation is necessary as at some stage.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:38am On Nov 29, 2020
Matchday...

3pts or nothing...We desperately need the pts to close the gap on Pool.

Hopefully, Chelsea and Spurs share the spoils.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 8:40am On Nov 29, 2020
Smellymouth:
Clearly this team is doing well without pogba.

Bruno Fernandes is everything man Utd fans expected from Pogba.
Stop being delusional. Pogba is a centre midfielder while Bruno is basically a second striker. There are games where his average position is higher than Martial’s and he averages more shots than other epl attackers like Mane,Son and even Rashford.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dathypebruv(m): 8:45am On Nov 29, 2020
Pesin go just wake up dey yarn okotu meow kutukutu scrrrr yarnings

^^^

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Godx: 8:46am On Nov 29, 2020
Trevor012:

Stop being delusional. Pogba is a centre midfielder while Bruno is basically a second striker. There are games where his average position is higher than Martial’s and he averages more shots than other epl attackers like Mane,Son and even Rashford.
Patrickmuf won't like this cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 9:05am On Nov 29, 2020
Trevor012:

if the midfielder averages a higher position than a CF, that's an indication of a very low workrate from the CF.
Such a CF should deservedly be dropped.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 9:10am On Nov 29, 2020
ChristineC:
if the midfielder averages a higher position than a CF, that's an indication of a very low workrate from the CF.
Such a CF should deservedly be dropped.
Bruno average more shots per game than most epl attackers (Son,Mane etc) , Bruno is higher up than the team attackers,Bruno was even the one with the most shots per game in the portuguese league before coming to United. That should tell you something.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 9:14am On Nov 29, 2020
Trevor012:

Bruno average more shots per game than most epl attackers (Son,Mane etc) , Bruno is higher up than the team attackers,Bruno was even the one with the most shots per game in the portuguese league before coming to United. That should tell you something.
that's not the point. if a midfielder is doing his job in midfield and still pressing opposing goalkeepers better than a CF, that CF is a waste of space and should be dropped.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 9:18am On Nov 29, 2020
ChristineC:
that's not the point. if a midfielder is doing his job in midfield and still pressing opposing goalkeepers better than a CF, that CF is a waste of space and should be dropped.
The point is Bruno and Pogba are not the same players or play the same position. Pogba is a centre Midfield while Bruno is an hybrid supporting striker/attacking Midfielder who averages more shots per game than most attackers and plays higher up than his team striker most times.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 9:30am On Nov 29, 2020
What has Bruno done that Pogba hasn't done?
Uefa Champions League Qualification?
Finishing In The Top 4?

Pogba has given us trophies while we bottled both semi finals with Bruno. The amount of vendetta against Martial and Pogba on this thread I will never understand.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patwilly(m): 9:32am On Nov 29, 2020
Dathypebruv:
Pesin go just wake up dey yarn okotu meow kutukutu scrrrr yarnings

^^^
Abeg bros what's this Okotu meow? So funny
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:35am On Nov 29, 2020
As if Pogba and Martial weren’t in the team that ‘bottled the 3 semi finals’.

As if Pogba wasn’t played in different positions, AM included, but he failed to prosper there.

As if Martial hasn’t been fed many goals on a platter and missed them.

As if he and Rashford weren’t solely responsible for missing chances versus Sevilla in the Europa semi final.

Abeg any player that needs excuses to flourish should be dragged.

Please, no one should feed that troll.

Cc: Christinec

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 9:39am On Nov 29, 2020
Trevor012:

The point is Bruno and Pogba are not the same players or play the same position. Pogba is a centre Midfield while Bruno is an hybrid supporting striker/attacking Midfielder who averages more shots per game than most attackers and plays higher up than his team striker most times.
you are doing the comparison and I'm not remotely interested in that topic.
Bruno averages higher positions than Martial because somebody has to press and Martial has zero interest in movements.
If a CB is constantly averaging a higher position and interceptions than his CDM, then something is seriously wrong and it's not with the CB.
Bruno is never averagely ahead of his CF unless he's named Martial, but of course only United fans would know this.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:43am On Nov 29, 2020
ChristineC:
Bruno averages higher positions than Martial because somebody has to press and Martial has zero interest in movements.
If a CB is constantly averaging a higher position and interceptions than his CDM, then something is seriously wrong and it's not with the CB.
Bruno is never averagely ahead of his CF unless he's named Martial, but of course only United fans would know this.

You’re right about Bruno pressing in place of Martial. Man would see defenders with the ball having space, look around and see Martial trotting like a lame dog and would be like ‘I better do the job myself’.

Martial really neglects his duties in that regard.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 9:46am On Nov 29, 2020
Leyqute:
As if Pogba and Martial weren’t in the team that ‘bottled the 3 semi finals’.

As if Pogba wasn’t played in different positions, AM included, but he failed to prosper there.

As if Martial hasn’t been fed many goals on a platter and missed them.

As if he and Rashford weren’t solely responsible for missing chances versus Sevilla in the Europa semi final.

Abeg any player that needs excuses to flourish should be dragged.

Please, no one should feed that troll.

Cc: Christinec
Sir
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:47am On Nov 29, 2020
Trevor012, your argument will make more sense if you said the position Bruno takes up means we have less bodies in midfield thus can't control the game compared to a team with 3 midfielders primarily playing their roles but then again, we have seen Bruno sit back often creating chances for our forwards only for them to waste it...Do you expect him to continue feeding the with balls they should bury? I think not, it's that lack of killer instinct that drives Bruno forward to do the job our strikers should be doing...

If Martial, Rashford and Greenwood start scoring on a regular like they did in the 2nd half of last season, Bruno will take up a more withdrawn role to concentrate mostly on chance creation...Even if you were in Ole's position, you'd expect your most likely scorer to be closer to the opposition goal...It's common sense bro.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:49am On Nov 29, 2020
Patrickmufc has been hacked

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 9:51am On Nov 29, 2020
ChristineC:
Then why the hell did you quote me when I was replying to someone who said Bruno is what Pogba was supposed to be.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:51am On Nov 29, 2020

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 9:59am On Nov 29, 2020
#OleOUT
#EndOLE
#OleMustGo
#EndOLECluelessness
#SackTheFraud

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 10:09am On Nov 29, 2020
Trevor012:

Then why the hell did you quote me when I was replying to someone who said Bruno is what Pogba was supposed to be.
the person you quoted was talking contextually. It's not a comparison of playing positions, style or talent.
Bruno has been the go-to guy everyone thought Pogba would be with the huge price tag, fanfare and hullabaloo that surrounded the #Pogback campaign. that's not to say Pogba has been a failure, of course this last bit is my personal take.
Pogba is one of my favorite United players but speaking otherwise is bloated air, even Pogba himself knows this; and if he leaves this summer, I'm sure most United fans will be indifferent as per his contributions during his time with the club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:28am On Nov 29, 2020
Leyqute:
Patrickmufc has been hacked

Patricmuf is usually reasonable in his assessments. He really believed in Martial and didn’t have an intentional agenda against other players.

It was a question of faith not prejudice. That is why we forgave him at the last coven meeting when some wicked boys here tendered his matter.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 10:30am On Nov 29, 2020
ChristineC:
the person you quoted was talking contextually. It's not a comparison of playing positions, style or talent.
Bruno has been the go-to guy everyone thought Pogba would be with the huge price tag, fanfare and hullabaloo that surrounded the #Pogback campaign. that's not to say Pogba has been a failure, of course this last bit is my personal take.
Pogba is one of my favorite United players but speaking otherwise is bloated air, even Pogba himself knows this; and if he leaves this summer, I'm sure most United fans will be indifferent as per his contributions during his time with the club.
Ok nice post but in my opinion Pogba was doing the same thing Bruno is doing now under Mourinho with less talented players and from a deeper role, the only difference is the amount goals which is understandable because Pogba was not averaging more shots than some epl Forwards and playing the 10 position on constant basis.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bunsenbun(m): 11:16am On Nov 29, 2020
Can United win today?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 11:18am On Nov 29, 2020
TrebleChamp:
Doc and every other person know sey me no like our current state, was just wondering how even the media didn't have a little go at Liverpool, but will sell papers if na we loose. Am still an active OLEOUT geng, would really love to see what Poch will do with this team...
Why una dey always call Poch here sha, does the fact that he didn't win nada with Tottenham not bother you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9026) (9027) (9028) (9029) (9030) (9031) (9032) ... (14245) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.