Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,243 members, 7,887,688 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:22 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8934142 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9210) (9211) (9212) (9213) (9214) (9215) (9216) ... (14245) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 7:29am On Dec 26, 2020
popizaino:
Manchester City played Leicester away on Boxing day in 2018 and won the league that season
Liverpool played Leicester away on Boxing day in 2019 and won the league that season

Manchester United are playing Leicester away on Boxing day this season

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
Go and sit down grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:32am On Dec 26, 2020
popizaino:
Manchester City played Leicester away on Boxing day in 2018 and won the league that season
Liverpool played Leicester away on Boxing day in 2019 and won the league that season

Manchester United are playing Leicester away on Boxing day this season

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
If we fail to win EPL this season, na thanda go fire Ole and some talented but useless players in the team...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:39am On Dec 26, 2020
Matchday guys...

I am quite confident we will win today...Hopefully our forwards put away chances as they come.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 8:51am On Dec 26, 2020
KingTom:
Go and sit down grin
Permutation and combination. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 9:10am On Dec 26, 2020
Karleb:

Permutation and combination. cheesy
nCr and nPr grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 9:26am On Dec 26, 2020
airmark:

For you not to be able to mention one winger in your team with 31 goals contribution except Ronaldo, made my day. It shows that feat is only for extraordinary wingers like Ronaldo and Hazard. cool
If Hazard catchers you referring to him as extraordinary, he will organize boys to beat you up. grin

We can see how extraordinarily useless he has been for Madrid grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 9:35am On Dec 26, 2020
Panther7:
To be honest Bruno is the only prima donna in that team. The last time we had that kind of player was Ronaldo
How is Bruno a prima donna? Don’t you know what prima donna means? undecided

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 9:52am On Dec 26, 2020
SyIvalord:
I guess I don't know

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 10:00am On Dec 26, 2020
SyIvalord:
Words can have different meaning when used in different context.
In that context Bruno has high standards of himself and he expects other to conform to that standard and when they don't he gets angry.

I have seen that usage of "Prima donna" used for Bruno in an article I read on The althetic.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:10am On Dec 26, 2020
Panther7:
To be honest Bruno is the only prima donna in that team. The last time we had that kind of player was Ronaldo

I meant prima donna in terms of an arrogant and undisciplined person who overstates their importance, hates criticism and/or fails to work as part of a team or under direction.

Bruno is a great team player and I have not seen evidence that he does not work well under direction or criticism. And very significantly I don’t think he overstates his importance to the team. The eye test and numbers don’t lie. He is that important.

It is squad players like Lindelof and Matic who are overstating their importance and obviously hate to be corrected or criticised.

I agree with nitrogen in that human nature means some of his team mates who lack his drive and envy his success might gang up against him and divide the dressing room.

Ole had better give him an official role or tell him to criticise behind closed doors.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:13am On Dec 26, 2020
Panther7:
Words can have different mean when used in different context.
In that context Bruno has high standards of himself and he expects other to conform to that standard and when they don't he gets angry.

I have seen that usage of "Prima donna" used for Bruno in an article I read on The althetic.

Exactly right. The word may or may not be used in a derogatory manner depending on the context. We often use it for the former though.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Smellymouth: 10:19am On Dec 26, 2020
Panther7:

Bruno is not a prima Donna. Neither was Ronaldo when he played for United.

When you talk about the prima donnas in football, mention the likes of Zlatan ibra, roy keane and Mario balotelli.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SyIvalord: 10:46am On Dec 26, 2020
Panther7:
Words can have different mean when used in different context.

Prima Donna seems excessive to use in relation to Bruno. All I see in Bruno is a driven individual who hates losing. When compared to Cantona, Bruno is almost egoless, so prima donna shouldn’t be used to describe him.

Pogba is the one who should be referred to as a prima donna

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 11:20am On Dec 26, 2020
#OleOUT

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 11:58am On Dec 26, 2020
Pre match update? Anyone?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 12:23pm On Dec 26, 2020
nitrogen:

I disagree with everything you’ve said. Let him win trophies first, the stats are BS if we don’t win trophies on the back of those.

How does he want to win trophies when supposedly talented players are being sloppy?

The anger is that he believes a/ some players can do better than they are doing and wants them to up the ante.

Maybe doing it too much is not so good but when you are passionate about getting result and giving your best its hard to control emotions when others are being lackadaisical or consistently making school boy errors.

Ordinary set wey we dey play sometimes dey make person vez talkless about what is at stake here.

Even we fans wey no dey play dey vex anyhow when the likes of Rashford, Pogba, Martial, Matic and De gea decide to do nonsense and you expect make the thing no pain Bruno.

Compare how many times we have abused those players I mentioned for being sloppy with how many times we have berated this same Bruno on this board and you would see that he probably has been ignoring a lot of their nonsense, hence the frustration he is showing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Botfuss: 12:30pm On Dec 26, 2020
ChristineC:
it's keeping the players on their toes. Bruno is like the on pitch manager and this club used to have 3 or 4 of such.
when a player performs at a consistently high level, I think he's earned the right. we don't need a team of sissies anymore.
Keane, Neville, Rio, Rooney, Evra, Schmeichel, VDS, Vidic barked at any teammate slacking and they received their dose too when appropriate. these were individuals who hated losing.

I didn’t say it’s not good, I said his approach should be with respect. If you noticed how confrontational they were to his corrections, you would know he can do better. Besides, he hasn’t really earned the right to yell at every player (like matic), they are top top players and have spent longer time at the club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Botfuss: 12:35pm On Dec 26, 2020
nitrogen:

It’s a different era. Also, I don’t think Bruno has earned the right yet, he met these players at Utd, and it’s not like he’s won major trophies prior to coming to United.

I like what he is trying to do, but he should take it easy, else there will be factions and friction in the team.

Be like sae we dey reason same way. We don straff same babe before?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 12:36pm On Dec 26, 2020
codedguy1:

How does he want to win trophies when supposedly talented players are being sloppy?

The anger is that he believes a/ some players can do better than they are doing and wants them to up the ante.

Maybe doing it too much is not so good but when you are passionate about getting result and givingbuour best its had yo control emotions when others are being lackadaisical or consistently making school not errors.

Ordinary set wet we dey play sometimes dey make person vez talkless about what is at stake here.

Even we fans wet no dey play dey vex anyhow when the likes of Rashford, Pogba, Martial, Magic and Dem gea decide to do nonsense and you expect make the thing no pain Bruno.

Compare how many times we have abused those players I mentioned for being sloppy with how many tines we had berated this same Bruno on this board and you would see that he probably has been ignoring a lot of their nonsense, hense the frustration he is showing.

I do understand your point. Fact however is that Bruno might be too driven and he probably wants people to be at his level of dedication, passion, drive etc. It’s going to be tough, there are different personalities in the team, and using methods like that to get everyone on board won’t work. There is a reason very few managers yell at footballers these days. It affects dynamics of the team and makes you go back to the drawing board (as a manager) every time. He needs to find a better way!

BTW, I don’t think it’s fair to say that some players are doing nonsense. You can’t have 11 Brunos on the pitch, so we have to live with fuvk-ups and imperfections. The manager should be the one to find a way to make sense of everything.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:37pm On Dec 26, 2020
codedguy1:

Maybe doing it too much is not so good but when you are passionate about getting result and giving your best its hard to control emotions when others are being lackadaisical or consistently making school boy errors.

Ordinary set wey we dey play sometimes dey make person vez talkless about what is at stake here.

Even we fans wey no dey play dey vex anyhow when the likes of Rashford, Pogba, Martial, Matic and De gea decide to do nonsense and you expect make the thing no pain Bruno.

Compare how many times we have abused those players I mentioned for being sloppy with how many times we have berated this same Bruno on this board and you would see that he probably has been ignoring a lot of their nonsense, hence the frustration he is showing.

If Managers are allowed on the pitch during games to correct or shout on players, you would see many players reacting just like Matic and Lindelof..........this is what I see every day in training.

Bruno won't shout on you for personal reasons (stealing his goal or wasting his assist), but anything that will cost the team.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:39pm On Dec 26, 2020
Lindelof at right back, Tuanzebe to the bench in the absence of AWB
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:40pm On Dec 26, 2020
We need this win to get some breathing space

Lingard on the bench. Is he back in the team?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 12:40pm On Dec 26, 2020
OGS
Uses James as a wing back grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 12:41pm On Dec 26, 2020
eph12:
Lindelof at right back, Tuanzebe to the bench in the absence of AWB
Na it's more like this

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 12:41pm On Dec 26, 2020
Botfuss:

Be like sae we dey reason same way. We don straff same babe before?

Haha.....

What you said makes sense na.....in a typical office setting, Bruno would have received more than 3 queries. Very few fields e.g. investment banking can allow that shyte, because the team exists to close deals + there is scarcity of transactions. Interestingly, IB work culture is getting better sef.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:42pm On Dec 26, 2020
KingAlabi:

Na it's more like this

You're spot on..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 12:44pm On Dec 26, 2020
KingAlabi:
OGS Uses James as a wing back grin
Is it not you people that want defenders like Robertson and Arnold?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by biomustry: 12:47pm On Dec 26, 2020
nani667:
#OleOUT
Match never start naw
#RenewOle sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 12:48pm On Dec 26, 2020
Ole don come again o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:49pm On Dec 26, 2020
KingAlabi:

Na it's more like this
I prefer this but I really don't like the idea of playing 3 CBs against Leicester regardless of the fact that we are away from home. I wouldn't mind if we go defensive vs Manchester City or Liverpool but not Leicester...That's too much respect for the foxes...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 12:53pm On Dec 26, 2020
nitrogen:

I do understand your point. Fact however is that Bruno might be too driven and he probably wants people to be at his level of dedication, passion, drive etc. It’s going to be tough, there are different personalities in the team, and using methods like that to get everyone on board won’t work. There is a reason very few managers yell at footballers these days. It affects dynamics of the team and makes you go back to the drawing board (as a manager) every time. He needs to find a better way!

BTW, I don’t think it’s fair to say that some players are doing nonsense. You can’t have 11 Brunos on the pitch, so we have to live with fuvk-ups and imperfections. The manager should be the one to find a way to make sense of everything.

The coaches demeanor can be considered here. I don't think I have seen Ole shout or scream at anyone but a Mourinho fit curse person papa sef grin

Again e be like say some players don dey do nonsense consistently and its getting to him.

I agree he should tone it down but sometimes that kain thing can pain when someone is consistently doing nonsense.

There where times here that we wanted to crucify the likes of Lindeloff, Pogba, De gea and Martial for "doing nonsense" angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:54pm On Dec 26, 2020
patrickmuf:
I prefer this but I really don't like the idea of playing 3 CBs against Leicester regardless of the fact that we are away from home. I wouldn't mind if we go defensive vs Manchester City or Liverpool but not Leicester...That's too much respect for the foxes...

We ain't actually playing defensively, rather neutralizing Threats from Barnes and Albrighton from the Wings

The Setup is more like 3 - 4 - 1 - 2, not actually 5 - 2 - 1 - 2. If OGS wanna go defensive, he would have played Tuanzebe instead of James.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9210) (9211) (9212) (9213) (9214) (9215) (9216) ... (14245) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Jodera, Trevor012(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.