Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,629 members, 7,926,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 12:17 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9074685 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9382) (9383) (9384) (9385) (9386) (9387) (9388) ... (14308) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 3:10pm On Jan 20, 2021
elrony:
With the kinda transfer window Shekpites had, them suppose beat anybody wey dey make excuse for them. They literally got the crop of highly rated talents in Europe while we were struggling to buy only Sancho which never happened.

Your Pogba is still struggling to hit the form that attracted your club to buy him, after more than 4yrs now. Rest. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:12pm On Jan 20, 2021
KingAlabi:
Lemme drop this here

Combined starting eleven before lampards brain fart

De gea
James........ Thiago....... Maguire........chilwell

Kante.......... pogba
.........Bruno

ZIYECH......Werner.......rashford

That's 5 United players and six Chelsea players

But now our team is better

Na church mind make me add de gae sef cheesy

For those saying martial is better than Werner, can you swear that you will choose a martial over a firing leipzig werner.

grin

Oba Alabi, it's time to stop the Drink sire. How Werner is better than even Greenwood?!

James over AWB is debatable. Offensively James has an Edge over AWB, but defensively, which is core Responsibility of a Fullback, you and I know AWB is head and shoulders above James.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 3:16pm On Jan 20, 2021
airmark:

It's a pity that's not happening and not gonna happen. grin

Now type that without crying grin grin

14 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 3:19pm On Jan 20, 2021
airmark:

Your Pogba is still struggling to hit the form that attracted your club to buy him, after more than 4yrs now. Rest. grin

What form has your 200m+ new MCMs hit, NABTEB abi Vigilante form? cheesy cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 20, 2021
benji93:
Our folks think say dem know. But dem no know anything. I was telling them then that you just never know. Some do very well under pressure. I'm In fact they need pressure to strive. Others fail under pressure and succeed when the expectations are low.
Na the unbalanceness of life be that so.
undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:22pm On Jan 20, 2021
nitrogen:

What are you saying sef? I have moved on from cup competitions because OGS has lost four semifinals already (in 2 years), and top 4 finish alone is no more an achievement, because you guys would kill Mou and LVG for consecutive top 4 finishes without a trophy.

Neither Mou nor LvG finished in the top 4 in consecutive seasons.

Double standards, and hypocrisy!

Check attached pic.

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 20, 2021
nitrogen:

Yes na, if you like, let your eyes see your forehead, top 4 finish alone again is BS.
Ok Boss.

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 3:27pm On Jan 20, 2021
elrony:

What form has your 200m+ new MCMs hit, NABTEB abi Vigilante form? cheesy cheesy

They are all in the same whatsapp group with their elder brother Pogba. Let's be patient with them grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 3:29pm On Jan 20, 2021
elrony:

The last time i cried was more than 10yrs ago when i lost a family member. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 20, 2021
elrony:

Remember when they partied for a WHOLE WEEK because United lost a match (not even to them).

Imagine spending £200m for Werne Mighty and co to come keep clean sheets.. 11 and counting, right on track to break Van Der Sar’s record grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 3:35pm On Jan 20, 2021
Leyqute:

Neither Mou nor LvG finished in the top 4 in consecutive seasons.

Check attached pic.

Lol, I was saying that no one would be fine with both of them doing top 4 in consecutive seasons without a trophy.

Wait, are we saying that we are good with just a top 4 finish without a cup? That’s not progress o.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 3:35pm On Jan 20, 2021
handelex:
Ok Boss.

grin
cool cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 20, 2021
eph12:

So that Ole wasn't supported isn't an issue anymore?

This performance is simply paper over the cracks, that shouldn’t be hard to see.

Fergie faced the same issue in his final years at the club, but his tactical acumen saw him through. After he retired, the club collapsed, and still hasn’t recovered after 7 years.

The squad Fergie used to win the league was the same squad that finished 7th the next season.

The cracks still exist, we shouldn’t get carried away, and there’s really no need to debate it.

Man has been wailing for a right winger, they got him one for U23s (basically for the future), and had to wait till January for the other one. Same way we had to wait till January for Fernandes.

Just give credit when due, and bash equally when personal mistakes are made.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:55pm On Jan 20, 2021
GloryIsaac:

This performance is simply paper over the cracks, that shouldn’t be hard to see.

Fergie faced the same issue in his final years at the club, but his tactical acumen saw him through. After he retired, the club collapsed, and still hasn’t recovered after 7 years.

The squad Fergie used to win the league was the same squad that finished 7th the next season.

The cracks still exist, we shouldn’t get carried away, and there’s really no need to debate it.

Just give credit when due, and bash equally when personal mistakes are made.
Nope I don't agree. We have Fred, Pogba, VDB, Bruno, Tom and Matic in midfield. With the right combination, this should be a solid top midfield. Rashford has been here a couple of years. His quality is not debatable. We have Greenwood coming in, which some swear is one of the best finishers in the league. Cavani has great movements and still has a lot of goals in him. Our defense including the goal keeper have some quality. This team, playing the right football and tactics should be exactly where they're now or around there. No magic has happened, the quality is proportional to the position on the table.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 20, 2021
eph12:

Nope I don't agree. We have Fred, Pogba, VDB, Bruno, Tom and Matic in midfield. With the right combination, this should be a solid top midfield. Rashford has been here a couple of years. His quality is not debatable. We have Greenwood coming in, which some swear is one of the best finishers in the league. Cavani has great movements and still has a lot of goals in him. Our defense including the goal keeper have some quality. This team, playing the right football and tactics should be exactly where they're now or around there. No magic has happened, the quality is proportional to the position on the table.

Pfft. Ok

Good thing Liverpool lost Van Dijk and Gomez to injury sha, else all these league table talk for dey gutter.

With City losing KDB for a while, and Werne Mighty keeping clean sheets.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 4:00pm On Jan 20, 2021
KingAlabi:

No oh

Stay oleOUT cheesy cheesy cheesy

Mourinho for president angry

undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 4:01pm On Jan 20, 2021
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 20, 2021
Hope United dismantles Fulham today, with VDB starting in Fernandes’ place, for sake of FPL. All my enemies captained Fernandes smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 4:05pm On Jan 20, 2021
eph12:

Its somewhere in the middle. We're top because we've improved drastically by over 10 points at this time last season but Liverpool are also nearly 20 points worse than they have been in the last 2 years at the same stage.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:10pm On Jan 20, 2021
eph12:

Nope not me. I've always believed in our squad. I've always believed we're underperforming and these set of players can do much better

They are mutually exclusive. You can believe our squad should be doing better and still believe that Chelshit had a better transfer window than us and that they had brought in better personnel than us over the summer.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:16pm On Jan 20, 2021
GloryIsaac:

Pfft. Ok

Good thing Liverpool lost Van Dijk and Gomez to injury sha, else all these league table talk for dey gutter.

With City losing KDB for a while, and Werne Mighty keeping clean sheets.
Lfc defense have been very impressive, where they've found little joy is in their attack.

City do drop points even with KDB. I'm not sure I understand your point here. I mean we beat them home and away with KDB last season.

See ehn it's fine that you think we don't have players and these set of players are punching above their weight. I don't just agree with that, never have and never will
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:17pm On Jan 20, 2021
MRTA7:

Its somewhere in the middle. We're top because we've improved drastically by over 10 points at this time last season but Liverpool are also nearly 20 points worse than they have been in the last 2 years at the same stage.
I'm not sure why you believe LFC will continue to sweep teams away like they did last season. I mean are they supposed to be like that forever?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 4:20pm On Jan 20, 2021
eph12:

I'm not sure why you believe LFC will continue to sweep teams away like they did last season. I mean are they supposed to be like that forever?

I didnt say I believe that, I'm just explaining what the facts show.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:20pm On Jan 20, 2021
afrodoc2:

They are mutually exclusive. You can believe our squad should be doing better and still believe that Chelshit had a better transfer window than us and that they had brought in better personnel than us over the summer.
Of course Chelshit had a better transfer window. We also had better transfer window than them last year. No arguments there
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:23pm On Jan 20, 2021
MRTA7:

I didnt say I believe that, I'm just explaining what the facts show.
At some point, even with a full squad, they'll struggle to break down teams. It happened to City last season. Players will lose form. I'm not under any illusion that what they achieved last season will be sustained this season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 4:25pm On Jan 20, 2021
nitrogen:

What are you saying sef? I have moved on from cup competitions because OGS has lost four semifinals already (in 2 years), and top 4 finish alone is no more an achievement, because you guys would kill Mou and LVG for consecutive top 4 finishes without a trophy.

Double standards, and hypocrisy!

Why have you lost hope in the remaining two competition we are it?

Okay you have lost hope, I hope it he gets to the final you wouldn't get hope again cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 4:27pm On Jan 20, 2021
Oasis007:

grin

Oba Alabi, it's time to stop the Drink sire. How Werner is better than even Greenwood?!

James over AWB is debatable. Offensively James has an Edge over AWB, but defensively, which is core Responsibility of a Fullback, you and I know AWB is head and shoulders above James.
You wan compare Leipzig Werner to greenwood statistically

Na wa oh

You sure say you never follow me dey drink the drink cheesy

For the James and bissaka review, personally I will pick bissaka, I just drop a popular opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 4:28pm On Jan 20, 2021
airmark:

Havertz might take 7 years

But well

He is still young cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 4:28pm On Jan 20, 2021
KingAlabi:

Why have you lost hope in the remaining two competition we are it?

Okay you have lost hope, I hope it he gets to the final you wouldn't get hope again cheesy

Why not? I will raise them again if we crossover to the other side na. Right now, I am not interested!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 4:29pm On Jan 20, 2021
eph12:

At some point, even with a full squad, they'll struggle to break down teams. It happened to City last season. Players will lose form. I'm not under any illusion that what they achieved last season will be sustained this season

Exactly, It could happen to any team really. They could also improve on last season which seems impossible or falter. No one ( Even us fans) expected us to be where we are now for a reason. And even with us being top, City and Liverpool are still favourites to finish ahead of us. Less than 2 months ago most were calling for Ole's head on a spike. ( including me). So while he's doing well and I'm very happy that he is, Liverpool would feel they have plenty of room to improve due to injuries and City know if they win their games they go top.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 4:33pm On Jan 20, 2021
nitrogen:

Why not? I will raise them again if we crossover to the other side na. Right now, I am not interested!
Then it will become win the final or get sacked cheesy

I repeat double standards

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:49pm On Jan 20, 2021
MRTA7:

Exactly, It could happen to any team really. They could also improve on last season which seems impossible or falter. No one ( Even us fans) expected us to be where we are now for a reason. And even with us being top, City and Liverpool are still favourites to finish ahead of us. Less than 2 months ago most were calling for Ole's head on a spike. ( including me). So while he's doing well and I'm very happy that he is, Liverpool would feel they have plenty of room to improve due to injuries and City know if they win their games they go top.
I don't even think we will win this league come end of season. We're still some way off. I just want us to play very well and put up dominant displays every match day. We have no business dropping points against some certain teams. If we do, it should be because we're extremely unlucky.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9382) (9383) (9384) (9385) (9386) (9387) (9388) ... (14308) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Bjteensdes24 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.