Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,714 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:30 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9736) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8893557 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9733) (9734) (9735) (9736) (9737) (9738) (9739) ... (14225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:18pm On Mar 15, 2021
Leyqute:

I’m not asking him to worship anybody. But pointing towards the guy who has been tirelessly trying to assist you all game after you got a second goal (to make it 3-0), or some other form of recog, will increase your standing in the team.

The team should be above every individual player. Did you see how Jamie was happy he got the goals? The last goal, an own goal, was another effort at an assist from J. Vardy.

But that’s not what I mean by his selfishness. Kelechi’s 3rd goal was a shot from outside the 18-yard box . There were like 2-3 players running into positions he could give an assist to.

Team is cruising 3-0, you’ve got 2 already, why not allow others get on the scoresheet ?

He's a Striker Bruh. He needs to work off his Sock back to starting XI. Injury to Maddison and Barnes seems a Blessing to him, coz Dude won't stop scoring. Remember he ought to get an Assist for Vardy in the first Half?

Let him be selfish please, he needs it to up his Stock and re announce himself as a real Potential.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:26pm On Mar 15, 2021
Jodera:
In terms of not acknowledging vardy during celebration, I don't think vardy will read any meaning to that. Heck, even after match, iheanacho might appreciate vardy for all he did for him which obviously will sit down well with most players.

And as for the hat trick, you should know that goals breed confidence. How much more you "taking that ball home"? If he can't get the hat trick against the simple team you claim they met, is it against man city or any other top team you want him to get his first club hat trick? grin

I'm sure everybody is happy for him for the hat trick, and I think that match is the best opportunity to get such hat trick since as you said, they were cruising. It would be unfair and senseless looking for hat trick when his team score line was on an edge.

They did celebrate with him at dressing Room, guess who led the Stuff?...... Vardy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZAfxDuBmCw
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 7:02pm On Mar 15, 2021
Leyqute:

This is quite contradictory.
How is it contradictory?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 7:07pm On Mar 15, 2021
Oasis007:

They did celebrate with him at dressing Room, guess who led the Stuff?...... Vardy!

You don see am na...
Most players no dey think that way, esp as iheanacho is a striker. Even C Ronaldo that mostly scores hat trick takes outside 18 shot even wen teammates are better placed for a pass, and nobody will raise an eyebrow
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 7:16pm On Mar 15, 2021
nitrogen:

Lol, better stop quoting me if you don’t have eyes to see and soul/mind to empathize.

So, na woods dey bench abi? Or the players on the bench are spectators? Until Rashford and Bruno sustain long term injuries abi? I won’t blame you, you def want some of the players to be out for weeks/months (e.g. Bruno), reason you are here yapping nonsense.

Please please, stop the sh1t show!
You didn't answer my question. What kind of substitutions you would want yesterday in a tight game against West Ham considering the bench?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:34pm On Mar 15, 2021
Jodera:
You don see am na...
Most players no dey think that way, esp as iheanacho is a striker. Even C Ronaldo that mostly scores hat trick takes outside 18 shot even wen teammates are better placed for a pass, and nobody will raise an eyebrow

He looked up, saw an Opportunity and took it nicely. Kinda amazed it's called Selfishness, whereas we do call on our Strikers to be selfish and taking outside Shots.

Dis Life no balance.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 7:36pm On Mar 15, 2021
What a joke. Not happening

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 7:41pm On Mar 15, 2021
Oasis007:

He looked up, saw an Opportunity and took it nicely. Kinda amazed it's called Selfishness, whereas we do call on our Strikers to be selfish and taking outside Shots.

Dis Life no balance.
I swear e truly no balance.
Cos If we start analyzing all the outside 18 goals, most will be branded selfish.
I'm surprised to see criticism about iheanacho hat trick to be honest
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:55pm On Mar 15, 2021
Jodera:
I swear e truly no balance.
Cos If we start analyzing all the outside 18 goals, most will be branded selfish.
I'm surprised to see criticism about iheanacho hat trick to be honest

I do pity the Lad. He's an exceptional Talent as Greenwood of Today. Also he looks his Age. He was developing well until Pep came on board, sent him back to U23 before been shipped out to Leicester.

He's becoming a Waste Talent gradually until both Maddison and Barnes are injured and Opportunity beckons. Is it a Crime he's making good use of the Opportunity?!

I don't wanna sound emotional, but apparently if Greenwood did same, we would be celebrating not chiding him. Dudes would even say; Rashford can't be trusted, thus Greenwood makes a right Call.

Life no go ever balance Bruh.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:58pm On Mar 15, 2021
Trevor012:

Saw it and looked away. How much is he getting paid presently at BVB? Na big Joke and it's not gonna happen.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 8:23pm On Mar 15, 2021
Oasis007:

Saw it and looked away. How much is he getting paid presently at BVB? Na big Joke and it's not gonna happen.
We pay him 350k at 20 and when we want to renew his contract at 23/24 it will be 600k/700k what a big joke cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:26pm On Mar 15, 2021
Oasis007:

Around 130k-145k, he will surely ask for double in his next move (250k-300k).

Better to pay Haaland 300k than wasting 250K on Martial.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:04pm On Mar 15, 2021
Expert17:

Around 130k-145k, he will surely ask for double in his next move (250k-300k).

Better to pay Haaland 300k than wasting 250K on Martial.

Nah.... I disagree. Anything above €200k is Bullshit. How are we even sure he's gonna replicate his Form at EPL?! We should learn from Chelsea's recent Acquisitions, Kai, Ziyech, and Werner ain't living up to price Tags nor Expectations.

He's talented, but this is BVB we are talking about here. We signed Kagawa from them, when he was super hot, same as Mikhi - you and I know how it ended.

Chelsea poached Pulisic from them, they're beginning to seek Buyers for him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:05pm On Mar 15, 2021
Trevor012:

We pay him 350k at 20 and when we want to renew his contract at 23/24 it will be 600k/700k what a big joke cheesy cheesy cheesy

Haaland should wait for Bayern then. Goodluck to him. Except Ed is stupid, he won't release Money for that kinda Deal. Well, I hope John knows what he's doing as DoF.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:17pm On Mar 15, 2021
Apparently all outside shots are golden opportunities and are scored more frequently than inside the box 1v1 shots.

And a hattrick against Sheffield Utd will boost your confidence to the level that you will pass to yourself from midfield, then dribble everybody else and score. Yuno, like Maradoja.

No need to debate this anymore. Case closed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:20pm On Mar 15, 2021
Oasis007:

LooL. Did you see how Vardy celebrated his goals on the pitch? He wanted the best for the team, not himself. The last goal was another would-be assist (for Kelechi) from Vardy deflected in by a defender.

Like I said earlier, there’s no need to keep talking about this. Peace
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:22pm On Mar 15, 2021
Leyqute:

LooL. Did you see how Vardy celebrated his goals on the pitch? He wanted the best for the team, not himself. The last goal was another would-be assist (for Kelechi) from Vardy deflected in by a defender.

Like I said earlier, there’s no need to keep talking about this. Peace

Nah.... last Goal wasn't an Assist to Anyone. He shot at Goal, though not on target, rather deflected as an own Goal. Let's be sincere here Bruh.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 9:31pm On Mar 15, 2021
Trevor012:

Only Man Utd can pay those wages.

If Solskjaer signs a new contract, Haaland would come to United. The reason he rejected United the last time was because his dad wasn’t sure about Ole’s future.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by McTominay(m): 9:37pm On Mar 15, 2021
afrodoc2:

Fred plays deeper and McTominay plays more advanced so Fred should normally have more passes cos he is the one meant to dictate play while McTominay does the forward running.

Having said that McTominay sometimes hides from passes in difficult areas because he doesn't trust his own technique while Fred sometimes makes himself available for passes he should not be making himself available for because he overrates his own technique.
in my own opinion, Fred should have more passes the mctominay, not because he hides from difficult passes as u say, but because the holding midfielder has just one or no player pressing him in the game.
The opposing midfielders are busy closing all channels to Bruno, it is the function of the CM to keep constant movement to at least free up space for Bruno, that allows Fred to almost always be on the ball and make more passes.
The most passes per game for man city is Rodri, same as Chelsea Jorginho. It's no surprise Fred has the higher volume of passes, if you think am lying, switch both of them with Matic and Pogba and you will find the same thing; Matic with the higher volume
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:42pm On Mar 15, 2021
Oasis007:

Nah.... last Goal wasn't an Assist to Anyone. He shot at Goal, though not on target, rather deflected as an own Goal. Let's be sincere here Bruh.

The shot wasn’t on goal. It was an across to Kelechi. Like the first 2 that turned into goals. Go and watch it again.

1st pic is the first goal. Vardy’s left-footed across. Kelechi tap in.

2nd pix is second goal. Same style but not as close to the goal.

3rd n 4th pic is the last goal- own goal. How is a left shot hit in that manner an attempt to score? Isn’t Kelechi already on the other side waiting for another tap in?

Go and watch the highlights again.

Let’s forget about this talk. Will try not to respond about it anymore.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:51pm On Mar 15, 2021
Afrodoc do you know anything about Hannibal’s new contract?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:07am On Mar 16, 2021
McTominay:

in my own opinion, Fred should have more passes the mctominay, not because he hides from difficult passes as u say, but because the holding midfielder has just one or no player pressing him in the game.
The opposing midfielders are busy closing all channels to Bruno, it is the function of the CM to keep constant movement to at least free up space for Bruno, that allows Fred to almost always be on the ball and make more passes.
The most passes per game for man city is Rodri, same as Chelsea Jorginho. It's no surprise Fred has the higher volume of passes, if you think am lying, switch both of them with Matic and Pogba and you will find the same thing; Matic with the higher volume

Did you read the first paragraph of my post at all. You just repeated what i said but just used more words.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 12:26am On Mar 16, 2021
patrickmuf:
Sack ke? I'm just saying he should protect our key players more...
Okay grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 12:30am On Mar 16, 2021
Illimitable:

Liverpool went on to win the title. Stopping their unbeaten run didn’t make them lose their top spot.

Will United win the title this season?
Is amala turning your calling

You said why will the last team on the log beat a top 4 team like it has never happen before

Now I mentioned Liverpool, you don begin turn amala grin

Very much expected though
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 7:03am On Mar 16, 2021
Oasis007:

I do pity the Lad. He's an exceptional Talent as Greenwood of Today. Also he looks his Age. He was developing well until Pep came on board, sent him back to U23 before been shipped out to Leicester.

He's becoming a Waste Talent gradually until both Maddison and Barnes are injured and Opportunity beckons. Is it a Crime he's making good use of the Opportunity?!

I don't wanna sound emotional, but apparently if Greenwood did same, we would be celebrating not chiding him. Dudes would even say; Rashford can't be trusted, thus Greenwood makes a right Call.

Life no go ever balance Bruh.
Exactly, if he goes on scoring like this, he'll surely force his way into the team. Strikers live for goals, and that's the only way Brendan Rodgers can look at his side.

Forget about greenwood sef(who's a striker), if Bruno Fernandez(who's a midfielder) scores a hat trick for man u, most fans here will be happy and even bring out stats, and nobody will ask questions (except of course we know who na). So I don't get why someone will ask a question for a striker scoring a hat trick when no be area ball him dey play

It is Well ooo...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 7:07am On Mar 16, 2021
KingAlabi:

Is amala turning your calling

You said why will the last team on the log beat a top 4 team like it has never happen before

Now I mentioned Liverpool, you don begin turn amala grin

Very much expected though
I see the amala and turning wey him serve, I just smile look away grin.

I dey wait for the next ewedu him wan serve you make the menu complete grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 7:16am On Mar 16, 2021
Jodera:
I see the amala and turning wey him serve, I just smile look away grin.

I dey wait for the next ewedu him wan serve you make the menu complete grin grin

grin grin
The baba tire me

Even if him eventually serve the ewedu

I am not interested cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 7:17am On Mar 16, 2021
Yesterday wolves had more possession than Liverpool in both halves.

Is klopp trying to adapt cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jodera: 7:18am On Mar 16, 2021
KingAlabi:

grin grin
The baba tire me

Even if him eventually serve the ewedu

I am not interested cheesy
omo... You must be interested by force oo.

After all the stress he used in preparing it? grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 7:20am On Mar 16, 2021
Bruno on give 2 yard assist,
he stat pads with penalties,
he ghosts match,
he is taking up the space meant for attackers.
BRUNO is a Fraud.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayromWrites: 7:36am On Mar 16, 2021
Leyqute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuo-OE7wVLk

J. Vardy is quite selfless. Assisted Iheanacho's 2 goals and the fifth goal was another would-be assist that was deflected in off a defender. And see how he celebrated those goals he assisted. Na only God Iheanacho dey thank. Was selfish for his 3rd and didn't acknowledge Vardy's efforts.

Nacho gave two goals on a platter to vardy

The first one was very unselfish of him.. If vardy had converted them.. Nacho would have had two assists yesterday

Nacho did acknowledge vardy's cöntribution.. He even raised vardy up when celebrating his second goal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:44am On Mar 16, 2021
Roland17:

6 to 6 that year seriously leave scar for your body grin
Tennessee lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (9733) (9734) (9735) (9736) (9737) (9738) (9739) ... (14225) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.