Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,171 members, 7,939,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 11:01 AM

Help! Little Problem With My Wordpress Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help! Little Problem With My Wordpress Blog (869 Views)

Please How Do I Link My .wordpress Blog With My .com Domain / How Do I Transfer My Wordpress website to replace an existing website in Cpanel / Wordpress Blog With Smf Forum Integrated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Little Problem With My Wordpress Blog by 9jabizhelp(m): 12:15pm On Feb 15, 2012
I tried to update my Wordpress blog(One click update) but the blog went down for some reason. I tried to correct it from my cpanel and mistakenly deleted some files. Now my blog is crashed.

I am trying to reconfigure my WP-config.php file and i need help on the following details:

*My database name
*My username used to access the database
*My password used by your username to access Database
*The host name of My database server

Can someone explain what they stand for and how to get them

I use TheExpertHost and i have contacted them without any reply
Re: Help! Little Problem With My Wordpress Blog by yawatide(f): 3:51pm On Feb 15, 2012
1) All the info you need should be obtainable from the cpanel
2) You might be SOL on the database password. You may have to create another username and password
3) Sounds like you may have to back up your database, and reinstall the latest version of WP.

Question:
Why didn't you upgrade from within the admin's interface? Seems it would be a lot easier.
Re: Help! Little Problem With My Wordpress Blog by iGuru1(m): 9:05pm On Feb 15, 2012
@OP,
Are you using a share hosting? If yes, there is minimum chance that wordpress can be automatically updated from a share hostin account.
Because, the users are many and several users might also install wordpress in the same account.

So try to do manual update, before any update, back up your database and disable all plugins and theme, except the default ones.
Re: Help! Little Problem With My Wordpress Blog by iGuru1(m): 9:16pm On Feb 15, 2012
*My database name
- Is the name of your database, you can get it from your cpanel by click on the database icon, e.g mysql. If any does not exist, create one, then use it.

*My username used to access
the database
- You can as well create a user name and password from mysql and assign it to a database.

*My password used by your
username to access Database
- Same with user name.

*The host name of My
database server
- On your cpanel interface or through the phpadmin interface, you can get the server or host name.
Re: Help! Little Problem With My Wordpress Blog by monetizeng: 4:05am On Feb 16, 2012
I have tried to install wordpress from my cpanel-fantastico-wordpress, but the is says:

Install WordPress (2/3)

The installation can not be completed:

- You cannot install more than one script in the root directory of a domain.

Click on the browser's Back button to fix reported errors.

(1) (Reply)

5 Free Ebooks / How To Fix 404 Not Found Error On Wordpress / [SOLVED!] Cookie Not Set Using Setcookie(). Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.