Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,457 members, 7,897,941 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 11:27 PM

Ig Suspends Training In Police Over Poor Facilities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ig Suspends Training In Police Over Poor Facilities (5089 Views)

Rights Group Plans Protest Over Poor Power Supply - PUNCH / Igbo Coalition Threatens To Dump Jonathan Over Poor Infrastructure In S/East / PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ig Suspends Training In Police Over Poor Facilities by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 15, 2012
[b]Acting Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Mr
Mohammed Abubakar, says training
programmes for police personnel this year
have been put on hold because of poor and
outdated facilities Abubakar said this in Uyo on Tuesday while
addressing officers and men of the Nigeria
Police Force on his maiden visit to Akwa Ibom
command after his appointment as the IGP. He said while every officer in the police was
entitled to training courses, failure at courses
after second attempts would not be tolerated. “Our training institutions are so bad enough, I
will not allow my officers to go on courses and
use their money to buy water, bread and other
needs. “We are making efforts to change the police
uniform to a better uniform that will make you
to be respected. “There is need for national rebirth in the Nigeria
Police, the era of corruption is over. We will
allow competence and merit to take place,”
Abubakar declared. He said that posting in the police would
henceforth be based on the individual’s
capacity to deliver while promotion would be
based on performance at promotion courses. “We must redouble our effort in changing the
damaging image that we have in the police
today. “There is need for you to change your attitude
to work, there is need for us to go back to the
basis of policing in this country. So many things
have been done unprofessionally,” the IGP
said. He, however, commended the Akwa Ibom
Police Command for reducing the crime rate in
the state and urged the command to be
proactive. Meanwhile, the IGP who was on a working visit
to Akwa Ibom Command used the occasion to
inaugurate a special crime-fighting squad
funded by the state government and code-
named Quick Response Squad (QRS). NAN[/b]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/ig-suspends-training-in-police-over-poor-facilities/
Re: Ig Suspends Training In Police Over Poor Facilities by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 15, 2012
will change of costume change the trigger happy police?
Re: Ig Suspends Training In Police Over Poor Facilities by jamace(m): 5:21pm On Feb 15, 2012
I hope the hawks will not snatch this chick. undecided
Re: Ig Suspends Training In Police Over Poor Facilities by Boyoorisha: 5:33pm On Feb 15, 2012
It looks like this man means business!
Re: Ig Suspends Training In Police Over Poor Facilities by MammanGB: 5:54pm On Feb 15, 2012
Ever since ur appointment has acting IGP i know things would change for the better. because i know u are a man of ur word and with u i believe police force would be transform.
I wish u all the best
Re: Ig Suspends Training In Police Over Poor Facilities by bulksms247(m): 6:06pm On Feb 15, 2012
Hmmmm. Dis IGP don blow oo him name de appear here almost everyday.
Re: Ig Suspends Training In Police Over Poor Facilities by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 15, 2012
An IG exercised by the welfare of his subordinates?
An aberration worth keeping tabs on - this one.
Re: Ig Suspends Training In Police Over Poor Facilities by jethro2: 6:45pm On Feb 15, 2012
Let the police please change the altitude first before changing the uniform
Re: Ig Suspends Training In Police Over Poor Facilities by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 15, 2012
jethro2:

Let the police please change the altitude first before changing the uniform

I hear you.
But what do you make of these tweets?

Re: Ig Suspends Training In Police Over Poor Facilities by cuteayoola: 7:07pm On Feb 15, 2012
Its hot now at start, can anyone give me the ig number that was pasted here like few weeks ago
Re: Ig Suspends Training In Police Over Poor Facilities by economia: 7:17pm On Feb 15, 2012
ANOTHER ASPECT OF CHANGE I WANT FROM NIGERIA POLICE AUTHORITY IS LIFE INSURANCE COVERAGE FOR ALL THE POLICEMEN. IF YOU HAVE A LIKE VISION LIKE MINE PLEASE CHECK THIS www.therealinsurance.com/blog
Re: Ig Suspends Training In Police Over Poor Facilities by economia: 7:20pm On Feb 15, 2012
ANOTHER ASPECT OF CHANGE I WANT FROM NIGERIA POLICE AUTHORITY IS LIFE INSURANCE COVERAGE FOR ALL THE POLICEMEN. IF YOU HAVE A LIKE VISION LIKE MINE PLEASE CHECK THIS www.therealinsurance.com
Re: Ig Suspends Training In Police Over Poor Facilities by executinal(m): 7:22pm On Feb 15, 2012
Good, but their allowance and monthly salary should equally be reviewed.
Re: Ig Suspends Training In Police Over Poor Facilities by DisGuy: 7:33pm On Feb 15, 2012
executinal:

Good, but their allowance and monthly salary should equally be reviewed.

it was reviewed before, what changes did you see?

when their performance increase then it should be reviewed
Re: Ig Suspends Training In Police Over Poor Facilities by richard69(m): 7:42pm On Feb 15, 2012
webdezzi:

will change of costume change the trigger happy police?
i tire o!
Re: Ig Suspends Training In Police Over Poor Facilities by lekerenike: 7:46pm On Feb 15, 2012
SHOCKING VIDEO! How A Police Officer Was Blown Off By Boko Haram Bomb In Kaduna. BE WARNED THIS VIDEO IS VERY GRAPHIC, SOME MIGHT CHOOSE NOT TO VIEW
Sometimes I dont think Nigeria is worthy to die for, the man was excessively brave in my opinion, what do you think?
http://globebreaknews..in/2012/02/shocking-video-how-police-officer-was.html
Re: Ig Suspends Training In Police Over Poor Facilities by ade80: 8:28pm On Feb 15, 2012
He should also introduce family planning to them so they can control the number of kids they have
Re: Ig Suspends Training In Police Over Poor Facilities by sammyke(m): 8:35pm On Feb 15, 2012
hmm. Kip it up
Re: Ig Suspends Training In Police Over Poor Facilities by eagleu: 9:23pm On Feb 15, 2012
I'm impressed by this guy cheesy
Re: Ig Suspends Training In Police Over Poor Facilities by Harbb: 11:33pm On Feb 15, 2012
Good start at least with talks
Re: Ig Suspends Training In Police Over Poor Facilities by Uche2005: 12:20am On Feb 16, 2012
first of all. New police training college in Ilorin, should be a Police University. like the army have the NDA in kaduna.
Re: Ig Suspends Training In Police Over Poor Facilities by klas(m): 3:13am On Feb 16, 2012
^^^if police training college is made a university, what will police academy become? PTC are equivalent of military training centres not NDA
Re: Ig Suspends Training In Police Over Poor Facilities by otipoju(m): 5:51am On Feb 16, 2012
Another clime,Another time,
A policeman would I have been,
But in this clime, and in my prime,
It won't just ryhme.
Re: Ig Suspends Training In Police Over Poor Facilities by Yeske2(m): 7:54am On Feb 16, 2012
This guy talks too much, let's see some action first abeg.
Re: Ig Suspends Training In Police Over Poor Facilities by jamace(m): 8:33am On Feb 16, 2012
Its hot now at start, can anyone give me the ig number that was pasted here like few weeks ago

IGP MOHAMMED ABUBAKAR

These numbers are direct lines to IG. -Send SMS only, please.

When reporting a case, quote the following:
- Location of incident
- Vehicle identification number if any:
- the Officer(s) name and personal number (Always get this from their chest tags).
-Time:
-Local Govt area:
-State:
-Type of useful information: Extortion of money,illegal road block/Check points e.t.c
Re: Ig Suspends Training In Police Over Poor Facilities by sarutobie(m): 11:40pm On Feb 16, 2012
Will the barking dog bite?, we shall see

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Ex-us Congressman Renews Call For Biafra Referendum / VP Osibanjo Uses Power Bank Even In Aso Rock / Biafra : Nnamdi Kanu Finally Reveals How He Appeared In Israel(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.