Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,775 members, 7,889,486 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:35 PM

What Was The Last Thing You Bribed For To Get Your Way? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Was The Last Thing You Bribed For To Get Your Way? (858 Views)

Whats That Thing You Would Love To Achieve Before You Die? / Merge Of Dualities – Your Way To The Kingdom Of God / Why Is The Meat/fish The Last Thing To Be Eaten After Each Meal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Was The Last Thing You Bribed For To Get Your Way? by Nobody: 9:02am On Feb 18, 2012
In Nigeria, bribery is gradually turning to a culture; in schools, students bribe to pass exams, to get good grades, to sort lecturers, to influence invigilators, to get this favor and that, lecturers too bribe the management, and others. In work places, staff bribe to get promoted, to escape queries, to win favors. In religious places, people bribe to get recognized, to get to higher places. In politics, hmmmmm, unmentionable, shut you mouth up jobfront! lipsrsealed, in business arenas, we bribe, in hospitals, you have to tip nurses to attend to your dying loved one, you bribe to gain admission, you graduate, you bribe to secure a job, either that you bribe with money, body (females and few males), or using one other form of favor to obtain favor, you go to bid for contracts, you bribe, you tip, just to get attended, you go to hotels, you tip the waitresses for more favor, to night clubs, you tip the bouncers to get in more friends at a reduced cost, etc, etc, etc, so i ask: What was the last thing you bribed for, and when was that and did you get your expected result, and how can we start the change now?

Bribery: emotional bribery (widely used by female Nigerians), money bribery, spiritual bribery, diabolical bribery, brotherly bribery, occult bribery, favoritism, etc, has become the order of activities in Nigeria, what can we do? And please expose the devil, what have you bribed to get in the past, present, or you're hoping to do in the future?

As for me, I have tipped in so many places when the going became tough and the only way out, due to Nigerian setting, was to tip, like when I was bidding for a contract with Mobil,

Re: What Was The Last Thing You Bribed For To Get Your Way? by manmustwac(m): 9:12am On Feb 18, 2012
So is it really that bad in Nigeria? Bribing in church? lecturers bribing workers bribing? Am not even based in Nigeria so to hear these things surprises me. shocked But then to be realistic there is no hope for Nigeria. cry

(1) (Reply)

Learning About The Yoruba: / Words That Are Shared By Nigerian Tribes / Let’s Help You Remember Some Of Random Stuff We Used To Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.