Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,819 members, 7,938,412 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:37 AM

Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues (22445 Views)

Wizkid Blasts Mr Ejump, 9jaflaver For Reaching To Him For An Interview On Phone / Annie Idibia Breaks Down In Tears During Interview On Inspiration FM / Occupy Nigeria: Guess Who We Caught ‘Dressing Up’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by chmod777: 7:03am On Feb 20, 2012
In as much as I agree D"banj did not handle the interview well enough. But my take is that Sahara reporters/Chika should not what questions for who.
For God's sake this young man is an entertainer not a social activist or politician. Would BBC ask Beckam, Christina Ronaldo etc questions on political matters.
I have realized piple want everyone to be jack of all trade and master of non just like they are,
How do the hollywood stars play a part in the US politics ? I live in Europe and I am sure, over here entertainers are quite disconnected with such.
please leave Dbanj alone
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by IykeD(m): 7:05am On Feb 20, 2012
kaykaybaba:

Unnecessary witch hunting of this guy.  angry I wonder why he's the one who's been singled out as public enemy No.1? He's NOT Nigeria's problem. He's not even the least of Nigeria's problems. I wonder why people get all so emotional and ditch reason when it comes to this issue of Dbanj. Really, what did you expect him to say?  undecided Leave Dbanj alone and face the real issues pls. FYI: I'm not a fan of Dbanj.

damola1:

I think the interview was great,  that reporter was simply being silly asking political questions from a musician!, someone who had a show in NY the next day,  a big show,  rubbish,

Pls what do you term political?? Are you for real? Ok let me ask you, were you of the occupy Nigeria protests
Let's just call a spade, a spade, the guy has  shot himself in the neck. He collected millions from GEJ, so he wouldn't go saying anything on air.
Entertainer my foot. He should go understudy tubaba on how to be a real star/celebrity, until then, he is no different from those rich touts at Ojota/Isale Eko I hear driving Hummer!
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by igboboy1(m): 7:11am On Feb 20, 2012

unnecessary hate on the koko Master, D'banj is not an elected official and therefore does not owe you liverless nigerians any answer,

During the subsidy wahala instead of una to hold una elected official accountable una dey focus on pesin wey no dey responsible.

Liverless nigerians, why una stop the subsidy protest? is the gas price 65Naira now? undecided

As a free citizen of this useless country Dbanj is entitled to freespeech and freedom of association. If he wanted to vote for Jonathan na im sabi afterall na democracy we dey no be dictatorship//

KOKOMASTER

Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by walcolm(m): 7:40am On Feb 20, 2012
i'm sure despite all the anger and disappointments most of you people here have expressed, you will all still buy his music or go to a concert he's featuring in sad
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by dokunbam(m): 7:45am On Feb 20, 2012
He should be a scapegoat. wetin dey worry am all because of moni. Ideeeoti
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by sharhim(m): 7:49am On Feb 20, 2012
damola1:

I think the interview was great, that reporter was simply being silly asking political questions from a musician!, someone who had a show in NY the next day, a big show, rubbish,
Your boss make guys in dis media hate him more,these show he is not responsible.He cant represent true Nigerians.Simple question on removal of fuel subsidy which add bonding to people life he dodged
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by MrResource(m): 8:04am On Feb 20, 2012
I like Rihanna .I'm interested in her.

Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by captleonerd(m): 8:05am On Feb 20, 2012
Who are the moro*ns saying chika shouldn't have asked political questions? Are u ignorant of his interview with Gej? If Dbanj can't take the heat then he should stay out of the kitchen.
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by Bright2(m): 8:29am On Feb 20, 2012
The caption of the interview is that he is interested in Rihana, not Nigeria or Africa! So far as Rihana is not in subsidy list, i don't care grin
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by LagosBoi2(m): 8:35am On Feb 20, 2012
chmod777:

In as much as I agree D"banj did not handle the interview well enough. But my take is that Sahara reporters/Chika should not what questions for who.
For God's sake this young man is an entertainer [/b]not a [b]social activist or politician. Would BBC ask Beckam, Christina Ronaldo etc  questions on political matters.
I have realized piple want everyone to be jack of all trade and master of non just like they are,
How do the hollywood stars play a part in the US politics ? I live in Europe and I am sure, over here entertainers are quite disconnected with such.
please leave Dbanj alone

Please work on your reasoning ability, It is quite low if not very low, he is not a politician yet he took time out to interview GEJ on Political Matters, He claims he is not aware of what is going on in Nigeria and he calls himself a youth ambassador, The sickest of all is that even NON-Nigerians know too well about the situation and yet he claims he knows noting, I like is music right from the days of tongolo but the truth should not be left unsaid, He is been stupid and arrogant with his answers, too full of himself, nonsense.
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by Thatdave(m): 8:42am On Feb 20, 2012
moderators deleted my earlier post in the first page
but am glad many others have seen what am seeing.

D'Banj handled the interview perfectly well.
He started nicely but when the interviewer turned silly, he finished the chika of a person and called off the interview ASAP!
'. . . My publicist didnt tell me this was a political interview. . .i have a concert tomorow GBAM!!!'
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by Thatdave(m): 8:45am On Feb 20, 2012

He started nicely but when the interviewer turned silly, he finished the chika of a person and called off the interview ASAP!
'. . . My publicist didnt tell me this was a political interview. . .i have a concert tomorow GBAM!!!'
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by shadiva: 8:50am On Feb 20, 2012
queensmith:

He likes rihanna? Dbanj is officially an entertainer! He's a damn clown!! Hahahaha! I cant get over it! Lmfao! Dayum! Talk about bein an oliver! The dude does not recognize league at all! He de bounce! Even with rihannas awful taste in men i'm sure she cant! Even entertain herself with the aff man for 35minites! Dayum! My monday laughter began here!

He must have been the only person in the world to be naiive of the issues in nigeria, and he thinks he represents africa! Hmph. Dude cant even represent isale eko. What a monkey.

I have reason to believe he was huffing paint thinner and drinking some serious cough syrup before this interview, can anyone confirm? Lol
lollzz:
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by moremi2008(m): 8:50am On Feb 20, 2012
Thatdave:

Who gives an interview @ Sahara Reporters without expecting political questions? The guy is mentally challenged jor! So embarrassing!
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by fizzybaba(m): 8:56am On Feb 20, 2012
Lagos_Boi:

Please work on your reasoning ability, It is quite low if not very low, he is not a politician yet he took time out to interview GEJ on Political Matters, He claims he is not aware of what is going on in Nigeria and he calls himself a youth ambassador, The sickest of all is that even NON-Nigerians know too well about the situation and yet he claims he knows noting, I like is music right from the days of tongolo but the truth should not be left unsaid, He is been silly and arrogant with his answers, too full of himself, nonsense.

Lagosboi, God bless u real good!
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 20, 2012
Granted, Dbanj portrayed arrogance from the inception, he became arrogant when the interviewer was gearing towards negativities. DBanj got furious and gave him what he deserves. DBanj is a brand and can not comment on such sensitive issues, as he will lose a fan base and money consequentially. But he should have used his sense of humor to pass same message that he portrayed in rejecting the questions.
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by Lucy001(f): 9:07am On Feb 20, 2012
^^^ Dapo Onabanjo, Aka koko master, Dbanj, An his Koloqustic behaviour!
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by moremi2008(m): 9:07am On Feb 20, 2012
Thatdave:

^^^^ This is why Nigeria is upside down. Human cells walking around without an iota of cognitive capacity. A tragedy of epic proportions.
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by faithin9ja: 9:09am On Feb 20, 2012
I blame The late great Baba Fela, every illiterate, ignorant musician feels they should be a social commentator and the Nigerian public think entertainers should be social commentators. D'Banj is a musician not a politician or social commentator, interviewing GEJ is just to increase his and GEJ's profile.

It will be hard for any musician to have the political insight of Fela, even though many will try.

Make una leave kokomaster, his job is to entertain us.

Black people around the world make a name and money by jumping,running, dancing, singing, generally being entertainers NOT policy makers, that's why the Blackman has not progressed in the world unlike Jews, Indians and Chinese who are in the forefront research, universities, policy and industry.

d'Banj is just behaving like the average Blackman, abi una no see those two black boxing fools over the weekend in Germany?
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by arrived(m): 9:20am On Feb 20, 2012
This guy must think nigerians are fools for him to utter that silly talk.
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by Sallychizzl3: 9:28am On Feb 20, 2012
[i][/i] I've read peoples comment and gain one or two things from the agrieved. First of all the guy isn't endowed upstairs as someone rightly said. When you're asked a sensitive question, you use hyper-sensitivity 2 combat it not going all fussy about it.
2ndly, the guy isn't our nemesis, he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. Entertainment is his world, all the question postd to him was too technical for his "ENDOWED" brain.
LET D FOOL GO![color=#990000][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by yemmyma: 9:29am On Feb 20, 2012
I like D'banj as everybody does on this forum, but i will say this, his music should only be listened to for free on radio and not bought.

Why?

[size=25pt]He made a song for Oga Jona, yet he claims he is not a politician
He did not support Nigerian youths during the fuel subsidy and claimed he was unaware
The question directed to him was not too bad as a youth ambassador yet he decided he needed to evade those questions
He was asked questions that directly affects the ability of the fans that are paying for his music, but he claimed he only wanted to promote his show.[/size]

Nigerians, please rally round, don't make this man take us a fool, if he doesn't make music, i am sure we will survive with other talents. [size=25pt]If only i had my way i will make a Occupy Nigeria to ban his music everywhere around my space[/size]
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 20, 2012
ekt_bear:

He is an entertainer, not a politician.

Is it by force for him to be both?

Makes no sense to comment on sensitive political issues that could jeopardize his earnings

the moment he chose to interview gej, thereby promoting the image of gej as a cool guy to hundreds of start struck teeny boppers, he declared his political convictions.

if gej was performing he would be on air everywhere about his endorsement of the man

he chose to become a political figure when he interviewed gej. he should deal with it and stop portrayim musicians as empty headed money grubbing twats who are only about the benjamins
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by arrived(m): 9:54am On Feb 20, 2012
See as the guy openly deny Genevieve.
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by Idowuogbo(f): 10:05am On Feb 20, 2012
Hmmmm Dbanj humble ursef nau,we sabi ur type wen u dey liv for council block oo.Stop feeling untop of d world,wot bullllshitzzzz u don't like cold,Banjo no b london u dey b4 wey cold dey romance u and folks dey always beg u to use vaseline on ur cracked lips.So now u are afraid of d cold rite? u b MumU.I expected betta u fall hand angry angry

And u Chika,u b sondoyo how d hell would you expect dat karichature to understand d responsibilities of a youth ambassdor,d dude is dere for d stats and money f000000l.
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by quest4s: 10:09am On Feb 20, 2012
two words 2 describe dbanj afta reading dis interview if he was really the one interviewed
ARROGANT CORWARD
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by stynoski: 10:12am On Feb 20, 2012
"And everyone that knows me well knows I don’t like cold, so I couldn’t go outside, "

slowpoke, that is what jackets are meant for, !" Well-endowed with a big head,

Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by charlsecy4(m): 10:56am On Feb 20, 2012
Have a look at some of the childishly obtuse comments made by "your" D'banj on why he didn't join Occupy Nigeria:

"I have much responsibility. I represent Africa, I represent Nigeria… do your research."

The same D'banj says,

"I did not know anything that was happening in Nigeria during the protests because I was working on my album in the UK."

D'banj, I want to ask you, "were there no protests in UK?"

D'banj continues,

"I didn’t know anything that was happening in London about the fuel protests because I was working… I am not a politician! And everyone that knows me well knows I don’t like cold, so I couldn’t go outside."

D'banj, what a puerile remark on your part!Tufiakwa!

D'banj chips in,

"I’ve told you I don’t want to say anything about that topic, I don’t say what I don’t know anything about. If you know me very well I speak about what I know. I will not speak on something that I don’t know about. You will not get me to speak about what I don’t know. I wish my publicist told me that this was a political interview."

D'banj, you truly "represent" us. Thank you.

*Walks Away*
I never knew D'banj was never "endowed" upstairs after all.
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by cap28: 10:59am On Feb 20, 2012
I have always said that this guy is a complete an utter waste of space, you can see where his priorities lie - he doesnt give a damn about the very africans he claims he is representing - someone should make it very clear to him that when he has outlived his usefulness to the western entertainment industry he will be tossed aside like a used piece of toilet roll,  the entertainment industry is littered with former stars who were chewed  up and spat out by this same industry and his own case will not be an exception.  Hope he is saving the crumbs that his bosses are allowing him to make cos he will need it when he becomes another has been.
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by timpaker(m): 11:02am On Feb 20, 2012
D'banj no get BB, abi him no dey twitter? so him no see all those funny post for him fone? even don jazzy know wetin dey happen upon say na d same place dem dey. dat guy must be high on unrefined c.rack! sad
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by timpaker(m): 11:03am On Feb 20, 2012
D'banj no get BB, abi him no dey twitter? so him no see all those funny post for him fone? even don jazzy know wetin dey happen upon say na d same place dem dey. dat guy must be high on unrefined c.rack! sad
Re: Dbanj's Interview On Why He Didnt Occupy Nigeria & Others Issues by tnktosin(m): 11:23am On Feb 20, 2012
grin grin grin D guy needed one minute of silence to think,  soo dull.  grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Susan Peters Celebrates Her 35th Birthday With Stunning Photos / Beverly Naya & Ycee Cover Behind Magazine / Daddy Freeze Tells BBNaija Housemates What To Do If They Can't Win The Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.