Stats: 3,198,122 members, 7,967,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 01:00 PM

Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon (5663 Views)

Is Victor Oladipo Nigeria's Next NBA Superstar And The New Hakeem Olajuwon? / Victor Oladipo: The Best Nigerian Basketball Prodigy Since Hakeem Olajuwon / Jeremy Lin Mathematics. Very Funny (2) (3) (4)

Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by abbey621(m): 4:36pm On Feb 20, 2012
Hey poster! Didn't you learn anything in school? When you make an argument, it must have some arguable premises. Can you compare schevchenko in his prime to wayne rooney or pete sampras in his prime to nadal, it just doesn't make sense. Olajuwon is a legend and his championship ring is all the proof you need. Is Jeremy Lin the real deal? You bet! The kid is phenomenal and there's magic in his moves but certainly we can't compare him to an hall of famer, come on guys show some respect!  I'm curious why Olajuwon? Why not Kareem or Jordan or even Hardaway? It seems your Nigerian inferiority complex is playing a part in your judgment!
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by agentzakky(m): 4:38pm On Feb 20, 2012
Firstly, Lin plays point guard while Hakeem played center so why are u comparing the two? em beginning to get pissed by this Lin-sanity hype this guy has not even played a starting role for a month! I can't agree more with Floyd Mayweather that said the hype is due to his race, black dudes have achieved same feat without getting as much recognition.
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by femmy2010(m): 4:43pm On Feb 20, 2012
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by Babasquare: 4:51pm On Feb 20, 2012
@poster, U r a dunce for posting that gibberish! I dont really blame you, I blame the moderator for putting this at the front page!
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by Walala(m): 5:19pm On Feb 20, 2012
@ Poster,

Please slap yourself continuously for 2 days for writing such a ridiculous post.

and shouldn't the moderators suspend accounts that post such nonsense.
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by rman: 5:49pm On Feb 20, 2012
Anyone that understands basketball just a little will never ever ask such a stupid question.
Jeremy Lin is not one of the best 15 pgs in the NBA right now and will never be top 200 to ever play basketball.
His story is good and seems great but we should not get ahead of ourselves.

Hakeem is the most skilled centre to ever play basketball and like someone rightly pointed out, he is one of the top 10 players to ever play basketball. There is a stat that no other player except Hakeem has had in a single game in basketball, it is called the QUADRIPLE DOUBLE. Only Hakeem has ever achived this feat

Jermey who? Abeg abeg abeg!!!
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by montelik(m): 6:05pm On Feb 20, 2012
StarBoard:

This is ridiculous.
How can a johnny-come-lately (a good one at that,I must admit) be compared with a hall-of-famer and NBA top 50 player f all time?
The comparison isn't even sensible:
Hakeem is a center,Lin a point guard.

End of discussion, Chikena.
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by Vansnickers: 7:31pm On Feb 20, 2012
Common, no One and i mean no One can deny that Lin is an amazing Player( common he outscored Kobe in the Knicks vs Lakers Game), but comparing him to Olajuwon makes no Sense, Lin just started playing for the Knicks ending of last Year, it's like comparing Muhammed Ali to David Haye, Ryan Giggs to Danny Welbeck, Okay i am sure you get my Point now.
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by shine12: 8:49pm On Feb 20, 2012
The starter of this post is crazyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Hakeem Olajuwon = 2 NBA Champion, most valuable player(once) NBA finals MVP(2),NBA defensive player of teh year(twice), Hall of famer, teh second greatest player after Jordan in teh 90's, 27,000 points approximately, Part of NBA 50 anniversary team,olympic winner

Jeremy Line = Has huge potential(Yes a big one,I'm a fan), Undrafted, has a possibility of going bust regardless of Linsanity,undrafted played 10 games averaged 22ppg.

You are crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by igbo2011(m): 9:40pm On Feb 20, 2012
You can't compare a hall of famer to a rookie who has played for under 10 games. Let's wait after 2 years to see if Jeremy Lin is Hall of Fame material.
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by maclatunji: 12:04am On Feb 21, 2012
Hakeem's quadruple double were for points, rebounds, blocks and assists right? I don't think even Kobe will claim to be a greater player than Hakeem until after retirement.

Basketball has had a lot of great players over the years, let this Jeremy guy play for a decade at least, then we can compare him to whomsoever OP wants.
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by ektbear: 2:38am On Feb 21, 2012
femmy2010:

Maybe this would help you.

http://twinkiesfan3.hubpages.com/hub/TheTop10NBABasketballPlayersofAllTime

That list is whack.

Hakeem > Malone and Kobe

How is Duncan not even top 15? What about Bird

Now way in hell Stockton is #13. . . he is maybe 50 or something
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by Mynd44: 6:26am On Feb 21, 2012
Can someone please slap this OP. Can you say Lin is better than Tony Parker? Is he better than Jason Kidd or Chauncey Billups? In fact does he come close to Derick Fisher? Compare him to other Point Guards first. What is his carrer high in points? Parker has 55 points as his highes and he does not even compare to him not to talk of a lengend like Hakeem.
Becareful oooo. No make we slap you
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by safarigirl(f): 7:52am On Feb 21, 2012
No doubt, the guy's a good market strategy, the NBA need to keep their Chinese fans after ÄŁĻ, Yao Ming is kinda old news now. Jeremy's good market.

Comparisons are too early for now though, he's good but some more time should be given to determine his place
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by maclatunji: 10:09am On Feb 21, 2012
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by roymorah(m): 10:29am On Feb 21, 2012
my goodnessssssss, please stick to your soccer or football, you know nothing about NBA, olajuwon isnt even in top10 best ever players, he is in top5, top3 in rebounding and top20 in points scored, pls stop this ignorance, Lin will not be any different from Yao Ming who has faded and retired at such an age
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by amauri(m): 7:09pm On Feb 21, 2012
Its amazing how people analyse how can you compare Lin who just came from less than a month to Olajuwon who played for so many years.I think it is to early to start comparing the two.Lin also has to prove himself in the playoffs so I think its too early.
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by otumfour(m): 6:59pm On Feb 22, 2012
I know linen- YES!, but who be lin undecided
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by Nobody: 1:13am On Feb 23, 2012
Lin please. . Bleep Hakeem. . . All they do is Lin Lin Lin no matter what lol.
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by PhysicsQED(m): 4:23pm On Feb 25, 2012
This thread is ridiculous.

The Dream >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Linsanity

It's not even close.
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by igbaodun: 4:24pm On Feb 25, 2012
PhysicsQED:

This thread is ridiculous.

The Dream >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Linsanity

It's not even close.

Yoruba BBallers >>>>>>>>>>>> All Edo BBallers? Agree?
Re: Jeremy Lin Or Hakeem Olajuwon by PhysicsQED(m): 4:53pm On Feb 25, 2012
igbaodun:

Yoruba BBallers >>>>>>>>>>>> All Edo BBallers? Agree?

Yeah, lol.

There is that whole numerical advantage factor, though. And I don't think there was anybody of Edo descent in the NBA other than Iguodala.

Pele & The Nigerian Civil War / Designer Football Boots Available At Fair Prices!! / 13 Most Superstitious Footballers And Their Lucky Charm