Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,745 members, 7,879,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 02:37 PM

My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It (16178 Views)

Pastor Gave Fake Prophecy That Destroyed My Marriage Of 10 Years / Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best / Is It Right For Mothers To Tongue Kiss Children (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 22, 2012
Those attacking and abusing this man should take a chill pill abeg. He has a problem and asked for help, his wife is not the sexy, fun loving woman he used to know, a lot of men saying that they want a spirit filled woman will keep the sprirt filled unsexy one at home and go and search for a sexy one outside.
The issue here is finding a balance. I know that most pentecoastal churches take this tongue speaking way out of context, 1st corithians 14 vs 27 says it should be done in order one at a time, one speaking and one interpreting and if der is no one to interprete then pray silently in your heart as God is not a God of confusion. This is different from the blabing and screaming we see in the name of tongues speaking these days. If one day my husband becomes so spiritual that our great sexual life becomes cold and routine I will have a big problem with it. Let things be done in order before anyone attacks my point please read 1st Corithians 14 from 26 to 40 then we can talk on that. Vs 40 but all things should be done decently and in order.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by ronkychoice: 4:45pm On Feb 22, 2012
Those attacking and abusing this man should take a chill pill abeg. He has a problem and asked for help, his wife is not the sexy, fun loving woman he used to know, a lot of men saying that they want a spirit filled woman will keep the sprirt filled unsexy one at home and go and search for a sexy one outside.
The issue here is finding a balance. I know that most pentecoastal churches take this tongue speaking way out of context, 1st corithians 14 vs 27 says it should be done in order one at a time, one speaking and one interpreting and if der is no one to interprete then pray silently in your heart as God is not a God of confusion. This is different from the blabing and screaming we see in the name of tongues speaking these days. If one day my husband becomes so spiritual that our great intimate life becomes cold and routine I will have a big problem with it. Let things be done in order before anyone attacks my point please read 1st Corithians 14 from 26 to 40 then we can talk on that. Vs 40 but all things should be done decently and in order.

Good one.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by ayodele123(m): 4:48pm On Feb 22, 2012
The couple should seek marital counselling advice in church.
Marital Counselling is the solution to their problem.
The advice they need cannot be found on nairaland.
Coming to nairaland to seek counsel was a wrong step.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 22, 2012
ayodele123:

Counselling for a married couple, by a "Pastor" is not the best option here IMHO. Church "elders" are not always the best source of marital advice, considering the vast numbers of phony pastors there are out there. Pastors would tell you who you should marry, how many kids you should have, when to have s[i]e[/i]x given the chance.

If counselling is what this couple need, then there are Marriage Counsellors.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 22, 2012
ayodele123:

1. they dont need counselling, they simply need a man to put his foot down in his own home.

2. Church counselling? So the pastor can cause even more havoc by claiming the problem is the man's spirituality? Dont even waste your time.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by queensmith: 6:26pm On Feb 22, 2012
debrief08:

The issue here is finding a balance. I know that most pentecoastal churches take this tongue speaking way out of context, 1st corithians 14 vs 27 says it should be done in order one at a time, one speaking and one interpreting and if der is no one to interprete then pray silently in your heart as God is not a God of confusion. This is different from the blabing and screaming we see in the name of tongues speaking these days. If one day my husband becomes so spiritual that our great intimate life becomes cold and routine I will have a big problem with it. Let things be done in order before anyone attacks my point please read 1st Corithians 14 from 26 to 40 then we can talk on that. Vs 40 but all things should be done decently and in order.

#thatisall.
Why should ones religion interfere negatively with ones life. You put too much into it, you end up getting nothing out of life.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by ronkebp(f): 6:45pm On Feb 22, 2012
Konnektions146:

am also asking this questions , i ve seen someone who supposedly speak and pray in tongues but commit an act that i cant even imagine,yet , wen the person prays , it looks like she is in heaven already.

as a roman Catholic, i doent really do all dese violent kinda praying but i know how much i appreciate God.
i am always very careful with issue concerning GOD but in dis case people are just trying to make OP look like he doesnt know wat he wants or does, I am sure GOD would never want a broken home though it happens,

let us try and balance our lives so as not get in mess. for me, i dont need anyone to brainwash me or make me feel guilty of something i never even tot of as some people are making OP believe here(kinda blasphemy)
It is all about your relationship with God, Speaking in tongue has nothing to do with making heaven, infact that is not a yardstick to making heaven, let no one be deceived. we all know our own heart and what we do,
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by ronkebp(f): 7:11pm On Feb 22, 2012
Siena:

Sure! Any idea what the winning lottery numbers would be this weekend? wink

Which one do you play?? so i can get you a ( the) winning numbers. smiley smiley smiley
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by netghost: 7:24pm On Feb 22, 2012
ITS OFFICIAL, HIS WIFE NEEDS A PSYCHOLOGIST AND THE OP NEEDS TO LAY HIS HANDZ ON HIS WIFE AND ENDOW HER WITH THE BEDROOM TONGUE

SHIKINA
___ THREAD CLOSED ____
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Infomizer(m): 12:10am On Feb 23, 2012
andromida:

@op God is not an author of confusion.

Sorry Ma'am, I beg to differ here. Did you read that gist about those dudes that wanted to build a "Burj Al Babel" in the bible? Did you get to that part where Moses (I wonder where he was then sha) wrote that they got linguistically confused and scattered? By who? AFAIK, that God (except he is 'born again') is a confirmed author of confusion! What were his reasons for confusing those ambitious civil engineers and architects sef?
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by 9jaman007: 7:44am On Feb 23, 2012
Mr poster, if your wife or anybody is speaking in funny language in the name of praying or preaching/whatever and there's no one

who UNDERSTANDS and  can INTERPRETE what is being said then its TOTAL BULLSHIT. If no one understands what is being said,

it's like

"speaking into the air", of what use is music to a deaf audience. Tell your wife to wake the bleep up. better still take her to your

church and make sure she has not been possessed by an evil spirit.

Read 1st Co 14:16, 1 Co 14:27

Its just my opinion, everyone has their opinion. I don't have to be right so if anyone calls me a fool for my comment, he is also being a

fool for having a different opinion.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by anuforoudo(f): 10:03am On Feb 23, 2012
My brother, thanks for your concern. The truth is this. If your wife has accepted Christ and is having such level of relationship/ spirituality to the extent of speaking in tongues. Please be tolerant and patients very soon she will learn to put it under control. The bible says the spirit of a prophet is subject to the prophet. It's just like when a child begins to talk newly. She would certainly get to the peak of it and gradually begins to control it. She is having a good time in the spirit with groaning that cannot be altered. I am a Baptist, that was where i was led to christ. They speak in tongues too except in your church they have not gone to that level. Pls don't get angry with your wife. Who knows what she is praying for!!. She manifesting what God says. My wife is from Winners and am from Redeemed so we speak in tongues. Don't be scared, she will always be the good wife she had always been. God bless.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by netghost: 12:30pm On Feb 23, 2012
anuforoudo:

My brother, thanks for your concern. The truth is this. If your wife has accepted Christ and is having such level of relationship/ spirituality to the extent of speaking in tongues. Please be tolerant and patients very soon she will learn to put it under control.

grin grin cheesy cheesy ROTFLMAO , LWKMD , LOL , somebody should pls hold me, this dude might actually replace basketMouth
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by ronkebp(f): 9:11pm On Feb 23, 2012
^^^^ what is funny about what he has said?
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by netghost: 9:24pm On Feb 23, 2012
still ROTFLMAO grin grin grin
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 24, 2012
I'd be pissed too, if I woke up one morning, and my wife began chanting mumbo-jumbo out of the blue. WTF?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by queensmith: 11:35am On Feb 24, 2012
mumbo jumbo?

im pretty sure it doesnt work like that sienna! somebody doesnt just 'come home' and 'start chanting'
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 24, 2012
queensmith:

mumbo jumbo?

im pretty sure it doesnt work like that sienna! somebody doesnt just 'come home' and 'start chanting'

All stuff that makes no sense to me (and the chanter can't explain either) is mumbo-jumbo. This is the brief definition:

"An English phrase for a meaningless ritual or nonsense".

1 Like

Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by queensmith: 11:48am On Feb 24, 2012
assuming this 'mumbo jumbo' is in english? i see. .
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 24, 2012
queensmith:

assuming this 'mumbo jumbo' is in english? i see. .

Mumbo-jumbo refers to a meaningless ritual or nonsense, regardless of the language the drivel's in. Get it now?

Anyway, back on topic.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by touchmeder: 12:20pm On Feb 24, 2012
I'd b slightly worried too if i were in ur shoes
i know some baptist folks and even visited the church i cant remember speaking in tongues going on but they appear pentecostal somewhat
lets hope she tones down a weebit (most do after a while)
either way some sort of adjustment or compromise has to be reached by both parties
sex wise u have to tackle that head on and just tell her how its going down, how u feel and how it has got to improve for both ur sakes
it may also be you sha maybe she is giving u but ure finding her new attitude a turn off and thus affecting ur sex life
u'd have to cope with that a bit. rmb compromise undecided lipsrsealed
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 27, 2012
Siena:

I'd be pissed too, if I woke up one morning, and my wife began chanting mumbo-jumbo out of the blue. WTF?
Me i will be more pissed if he rules that only missionary is acceptable, no more dirty s3x talk, no more rough play, everything must be "spirit" filled. Believe me I have had a lot of complains from both men and women whose spouses go to some churches and get "spiritual". I dont know what part of the Bible tells them that any part of spousal relations is a sin. For the two shall become one, they were naked and not ashamed. The Poster complained of his wife not only going into spiritual trance but being cold in bed. Is wearing sexy mini skirts for her husband now a sin? Abeg, lemme keep quiet, we dey lenten season. heheheeeeeee
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by MCserious: 12:51pm On Nov 27, 2020
Shalom all
I am in the opposite situation.
I speak in tongues,and my wife refuses to do so.
I would like to point out a few things.
It is not about personal opinions.
What counts for us as Christians is what the BIBLE tells us,not what we hear from others(familiar spirit etcetc),when the enemy knows you listen to others instead of reading the BIBLE to get the right picture,he will give you what you like to hear!!!
True worshipers worship GOD in Spirit and in TRUTH,and we dont know what to pray,but the HOLY SPIRIT in us does express what is necessary.
Whats the use of having people ,even a 1000,telling you its not a good thing,when the BIBLE says it is necessary !
Baptism in the HOLY SPIRIT is JESUS filling us with a fountain of living water !
If you dont want this privilege,you should read the BIBLE and pray to GOD to help you !
The book of acts shows repentance,baptism in water,casting out demons and baptism in the HOLY SPIRT with speaking in toungues as means of communication with GOD the way GOD likes it!
If you are scared hearing it,you are in bondage of somethings,because fear is not from GOD.
The enemy uses you to create disharmony,its not her doing this.Even if the baptism she experienced was a fake one,you can check the fruit that comes out from it to see what it is about.This doesnt change the fact that Paul wrote he desires everyone speaking in tongues !
All you can do,and what I can do also,is to pray to GOD to show us how to connect with HIM in a true relationship,and to be a blessing for our partners !Dont try to go against it,you dont do yourself a favour.I can speak from my experience so far,the kind of opposition/contrast in the Spirit and disharmony serves as a lesson of course,and will definitely teach me how to be victorious,but I also see how it drains my wife out spiritually,into a desert place.The disagreement in the spirit is exhausting,and she cannot do much about it,unless she gives up and accepts GODS will for her live,which includes speaking in tongues also.GOD can put her,and you in a situation which only you starting to speak in tongues can release the power of GOD necessary to solve it !The earlier,the better.
GOD bless you
shalom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do You "Live" With An Adulterous Husband? / My Father Always Swears For Us His Children / My Husband Has Finally Fulfilled his fantasy of having a thr3esom&e

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.