Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,391 members, 7,881,424 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:12 PM

Pawa 774: Are They Real? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Pawa 774: Are They Real? (19295 Views)

ACCION HR; Are They Real? / Jovago Called Me For An Interview Tomorrow 23rd December 2014,are They Real? / Help! Women N Children Advocacy Centre Invited Me 4 Training, Are They Real: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by chrishenzo: 7:18am On Feb 21, 2012
ofala:

With the massive media adverts they had used,many young unemployed folks would have paid these thieves, I hope EFCC isn't far
nnacent:

Pls o, dont be decieved. The same company is stil recruitin acordin 2 dia scrappy website. And they(indiginous company) want 2 power the whole nigeria (wat obasanjo, yaradua, jonathan have been struglin wit) as a pilot project. And they need workers from all d LGAs in Nigeria (greater sample space of mugus). Have u tot about dia biz model? Where do dey hope 2 get dia return on investment 4rm? Wit dis kind of laudable project of theirs why is Berth Nnaji not mentionin dia name as one of d IPPs dat wil aid his power reforms? I bet d only busines this people hav is d ilegitimate biz of duping. BE WARNED!!!

You guys are right. Imagine if a million or more pay into their account, that is a mega millionaire over night. This reminds me of company that claim that they give scholarship to students and request 450naira for the examination fee. My friend applied and went to the bank to pay. Fortunately for him, he remember to asked if the account hold is a company or individual, the banker told him that the account belong to one guy claiming to be a company. Please people be careful
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by hooged: 7:34am On Feb 21, 2012
scam !!!!!
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by meetgaya: 8:18am On Feb 21, 2012
any true openings will never ask u for money. be WISE
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 21, 2012
They're just looking for a way to raise money. They v not even got sound partners undecided
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by tolahood9(m): 9:34am On Feb 21, 2012
It reminds me of a scholarship (nettpad scholarship) I applied to and which asked everyone to pay 1k for whatever. Before then, we did an online test which I scored 81%. OGA DONT PAY O!!! U MAY FEEL AS STUPID AS I FELT AFTER PAYING!!!
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by ojofu(m): 9:48am On Feb 21, 2012
when I got this mail, i decided to do some little investigation by tracing the source of this mails. I goggled " how to trace emails" and i got this site http://my-addr.com/trace_email_address/free_email_trace_route/online_email_trace_route_tool.php . Using the mail header of the mail they sent me, the result of the trace  is shown below.

Path               IP                    Hostname                              Country            City          Lat.      Long.        ISP
sender      10.252.0.104     Local network computer        
path pt     127.0.0.1           Local network computer
path pt    208.75.123.133 ccm25.constantcontact.com United States   Waltham  42.403 -71.259     AS40444
                                                                                                                                                           Constant
                                                                                                                                                            Contact, Inc

Dest.      208.75.123.133 ccm25.constantcontact.com United States  Waltham  42.403 -71.259    AS40444
                                                                                                                                                       Constant
                                                                                                                                                       Contact, Inc

I also trace the mail sent to me by Vio-dvla and Riverland hospital  and the result were all most the same for example,
the Sender IP for Pawa774- 10.252.0.104
the Sender IP for Vio-dvla-   10.252.0.105
the Sender IP for Riverland Hospital- 10.252.0.106

Even though i may not be able to interpret some of this result but why the similarities, does this mean that the mail  purportedly send by three different organisations are being sent from this same place?
With my little knowledge of IP I think this mails are being sent from the same source, Pls correct me if am wrong.
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by Boyoorisha: 10:21am On Feb 21, 2012
It is a scam! This is a company that claims it has executed multi-million project in one of the african countries but they have no permanent office. Beware!
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by Myzphayor(f): 11:47am On Feb 21, 2012
humm, i feel this is real o cos i made an investigation on this company at federal secretariat in abuja today and i was told that it is new parastatal under min. of power. but i'm still confused o cos of this money issue. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided what do i do nw?
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 21, 2012
Confused, is PAWA a recruiting firm or a Project management firm, cos I applied for Cluster project mgt, And now they sent me an email askin for recruitment money, if is anuda organisation askin for money to recruit on behalf of PAWA,it understandable, but PAWA personally asking for money to conduct tests!!! Na wa oo.
I think something is not right here!
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by inpeace: 2:58pm On Feb 21, 2012
Interested applicants must possess a minimum of second class lower grade for first degree holders and lower credit for HND holders. Male applicants must not be less than 1.68 metres tall while Female applicants must not be less than 1.65 metres tall. Applicants should be between 22 and 30 years of age by 31st December 2012.

http://www.naijaline.com/jobs/vacancies/february/nigerian-air-force-recruiting

1 Like

Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by begwong: 6:49pm On Feb 21, 2012
confirmed SCAM! A staff i asked in the ministry of power abuja said na fraud oooo! Those that have ears let them hear,for those that have AWUF money make them dash out!
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by bigvicck: 5:48am On Feb 22, 2012
Nija applicants pls wake up! did u not visit their website. A company that has no mission and vision statement, no land-line telephone number i can mention more than 10 things that are missing in their website as a corporate organization. My advice, spend your money wisely,even if the fee is =N=100 please that can be a solution to the problem of that poor man in your neighborhood and you will receive a
blessing from God instead of just foolishly giving it to someone who does not have your interest at heart.
God bless all the applicants.
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by ImaIma1(f): 1:34pm On Feb 22, 2012
i got the same message o.i had to ask people and they said no organization shld ask pple to pay for online tests that are always free. when some other companies give applicants transport allowance, this one is asking them to pay. abeg, i no do
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by pawa774: 10:29am On Mar 05, 2012
Nairaland users:

Thank you all for your interest in PAWA 774. It has come to our attention that there is a lot of speculation about our company, which we would like to address at this time for all who are willing to engage in a civilized conversation. 

Please note: while a healthy amount of questioning is permissible and even welcome, it is never all right to libel the name of honest employees and consultants of PAWA 774, who work with passion and dedication to the development of a better Nigeria.

If you have questions about PAWA 774, please address them to the right channels.  We have dedicated people who are happy to respond to your questions at press@pawa774.com.  Due the volume of emails we receive daily, it may be up to 48 hours before you get a response, but be rest assured that you will get a response.

Some parties have been offended and, indeed, scandalized by the PAWA 774 smart test fee policy. We believe this is, in part, because they do not have enough information at this time and so we would like to introduce some facts.

1. PAWA 774 is a privately-owned, privately-run organization.  Though our initiative is recognised by the Federal Government’s renewable energy program under the Ministry of Environment, PAWA 774 is not a government organization, and we do not receive government funding at this time. 

2. PAWA 774 is a newly-branded limited liability company registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission.  We have liaison offices in Abuja and Lagos, listed on our website at www.pawa774.com, as well as a proposed permanent address in Ondo State where we will make our headquarters, also listed on the website.

3. Folusho Odegbaike, whose name is signed to all PAWA 774 career correspondence, is the principal human resources consultant at PAWA 774, and responsible for expertly coordinating the many applicants that we receive daily. She has a master’s degree in from the University of Lagos and has been a human resources professional for many years.

4. Some have claimed that PAWA 774 does not have a mission or vision.  PAWA 774 has four clearly stated quantitative goals on the home page of its website, each of which are expanded upon at pawa774.com/our-goals. If these do not count as a mission or a vision, we do not know what else would. These are goals against which we may be measured by anyone prepared to monitor our progress over the next five years. We have chosen to make them public because we want to hold ourselves accountable to the Nigerian people, and for Nigerians also to see the part they play in the development of our country.

5. The smart test fee is NOT a scam.  It may be viewed as unorthodox to some, and scandalous to many others, but fraudulent it is NOT. Accusing the company of committing fraud is tantamount to libel, and that is an actual crime.

6. The minimum qualification for getting a PAWA 774 position is a secondary school education; therefore we anticipate a large turnout of applicants once we begin advertising our recruitment to the general public. We cannot afford to train everybody, and so we have chosen to train only those who meet our basic expectations as determined by our psychometric computer-based test. We are all aware that the Nigerian educational system, unfortunately, has been unable to provide the expected quality of graduates required for this type of work. Hence we can only rely on these standardized test results for the selection of people we will train.

7. The smart test is just the beginning of a process, and the only step that requires Nigerians to invest their own money in themselves. In exchange for N3000, PAWA 774 will train every applicant who passes the smart test completely free for four weeks.

8. Every trainee graduate will receive certification from the National Power Training Institute of Nigeria (NAPTIN), which will qualify them to work anywhere in the power sector in Nigeria. You may explore the NAPTIN website to find out how much it would cost to receive this certification directly from them.

9. This training will be 100% free for everyone who has passed the smart test and will be provided onsite throughout Nigeria, in various local government areas. PAWA 774 has established partnerships with NAPTIN and the Renewable Energy Training Institute (RETI), which allows us to provide world-class training in renewable energy systems completely free. The training workshops will provide previously unemployed Nigerians with an opportunity to attain knowledge and excellence in a very technical field, as well as national certification and technical qualifications that will allow them to be recruitable by the community-based businesses which will form the bedrock of the PAWA 774 initiative.

10. Successful trainees will be employed under the PAWA 774 initiative and will be the foot soldiers in our unique solution to Nigeria’s dilapidated power sector.

11. With just this project, we will have made a significant contribution to reducing wide-scale national unemployment, currently at 25%! By the end of five years, nearly one million Nigerians will have been hired directly by PAWA 774, and several more millions will have jobs created as a result of the work we are trying to do now. The public will be able to track our progress toward this goal at www.pawa774.com.

12. Contrary to popular opinion, the PAWA 774 training workshops have already been tried and tested in Ondo State, during a pilot program launched in 2010 and conducted by one of our working partners, TechVille.  Over 100 previously unemployed youth were recruited, trained and a number were subsequently employed by TechVille, using the same methods that will now be deployed for PAWA 774 and implemented on a national scale. 

All are welcome to visit Ondo and explore the renewable energy systems that were installed by Nigerians trained by TechVille and to have conversations with any of the 100+ employees who went through this scheme from beginning to end.  Very shortly, we will post testimonials from TechVille graduates on our website and enable you to have an open conversation with one or more of them online.

13. Projects conducted under TechVille include:
  a. February-November 2011: Off-grid Solar Power Farms completed for:
       i. Alagbaka, Akure (Ondo State Government Secretariat)
      ii. Okitipupa (ultra-modern market)
     iii. Ikare (ultra-modern market)
     iv. Ondo (Gani-Fawehinmi Diagnostic Centre)
      v. Isinkan, Akure (ultra-modern market)
     vi. Akure (International Auto Mart)
  b. February 2011: Energy Audit of the American University of Nigeria (AUN) campus, Yola.
  c. September 2011: Energy Audit of 4 South-South communities in Rivers State in partnership with Shell Nigeria.

14. Gaining employment with any organization is not an overnight process, and PAWA 774 will be no exception. It will take time to recruit enough applicants in each region in order to schedule the smart tests, organize each applicant into his or her relevant training workshop modules and subsequently employ eligible trainees.  But it will happen.  It has happened before and there are living human beings in Ondo who can attest to these events in their lives. Governor Mimiko and other members of the Ondo State government can attest to these events.

Over the next two weeks, we will update our website to capture more information based on the many, many questions we have received from the general public in the weeks since we re-opened recruitment.

We are aiming for excellence and we welcome all constructive feedback and criticism. Incendiary comments and written abuse will not get a response. 

We have provided a channel through which you may receive answers to your questions at press@pawa774.com.  Please use it.  Over the next couple of days, there will be an FAQ section added to the website.  Please read it. 

If you have had any troubles whatsoever with your application, you are encouraged to read the instructions posted on the PAWA 774 website carefully. Most errors in the process are caused by a lack of careful consideration of the information provided. If you have followed the instructions clearly, and are still having problems, you may send an email to careers@pawa774.com.  You are assured of a response within 2 business days.

We are also very active on Facebook and Twitter.  If you would like to receive up-to-date information on PAWA 774, please follow us on those two platforms. We cannot address all complaints on those platforms, but you will be pointed in the right direction and you will receive help for your problem.

Best regards,
Mariam Gidado
press@pawa774.com
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by nnacent(m): 2:10pm On Mar 05, 2012
Unemployd pay money 4 test?
SCAM SUSPECTED.
Employer participate in NL Discussion?
SCAM CONFIRMED
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by Ignatio(m): 3:46pm On Mar 05, 2012
Still not convinced.
Would have been better for smart test to be taken with no fee attached then charge for the training.
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by Jybz: 6:00pm On Mar 05, 2012
@Pawa774,why cant we write d exam, wen we are shortlisted, we can afford to pay d 3k, if its OK by u ppl
Cuz am stil nt convinced to pay,
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 05, 2012
Carefully, written format!!! This scammer is good!!!, remove the test fees and you'll see people will believe you,
Nevertheless I smell scam still, why haven't someone come forth to say he has work wit you, in this whole nairaland.com,
Meanwhile, send all the applicans anuda email telling them this story and tellin dem not to pay any test fee, and we should all come for tests! FOC!!!
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by poby(m): 9:44pm On Mar 05, 2012
I like the essay, well composed , the fact still remains that a legitimate company with good intention will NEVER ask any unemployed person to pay to write just a test that you are not sure of ,
I'm very sure after the test, which will be so cheap that almost everybody that knows how to use a computer mouse will pass, the next stage will now be training which you'll be ask to pay in order to reserve your seat, and you know one thing about this stuff is that, just like 'Baba Ijebu' once you are in its difficult to opt out,
After the so called training, thier 'soldiers' will be pushed on the street like those guys(marketers) working for insurance company to start looking for what is not missing.
The fact still remains that these guys don't have any good intention for anybody , they are out there to enrich thier pocket at the expense of others.
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by Ignatio(m): 6:07am On Mar 06, 2012
Why come to nairaland to defend yourself? Why not make a publication or notice in a credible newspaper, tv or radio? Facebook and twitter is not enough. In fact defending yourself here in nairaland shows that you are a scammer.
Moderator front page pls. Let the whole nairalanders see this scam.
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by nnacent(m): 10:16am On Mar 06, 2012
MODERATOR!!! front page pls. Scammer trying 2 justify her scam on NL. No nairalander should fall for this scam. Tufiakwa
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by afinic001(m): 1:11pm On Mar 06, 2012
@Pawa774,you should be called PAWA419 or PAWA666!!!! This is very shameful and incredible to say the very least. Are you telling us that EMPLOYMENT IS FOR SALE in your company This is a SCAM and you know it. U even launched a veiled legal threat by saying 'LIBEL' because Nigerians have refused to be cajoled by your FORMAT and have voiced out their displeasure about it. We have other credible organizations like WORKFORCE,DRAGNET,ICSL,MSCONSULT,KIMBERLYRYAN to mention just but a few. A genuine organization SHOULD NOT, DO NOT and WILL NEVER ask applicants to pay. Workforce and dragnet have been conducting smart tests or computer-based-tests(CBT) with the log-on IDs sent to the applicants. You have the guts/effontery/audacity/nerve to ask for money with justifications why millions of applicants should pay. Please desist from this unwholesome act. Should you try to justify this FRAUD again, I will take it upon myself to formally write a petition to the EFCC. A word is enough for the wise. Nigerians are now wiser. Take your scamming FORMAT to somewhere else, HELL preferably. MR.MODERATOR! Front page plssssssss!
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by mastro: 5:14pm On Mar 06, 2012
I can confirm
[size=20pt]419!![/size]

Although sometimes I fear for the future of our country, a company is asking you to pay money to apply for a position with them, and you don't straight away realise it's a scam
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by blank(f): 5:21pm On Mar 06, 2012
Let us discuss then

@ Pawa774, i find two things to be really contradictory.
1. You said in your response that the money is to train those who pass the test. Why are you demanding the money from everyone that want to write and not just the ones who pass?

2. What is your relationship withh PNN Group (a telecoms servicing company)? Seems like your HOD of HR is the HOD of HR in PNN Group.

Please address these concerns then we can continue the discussion.
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by blank(f): 5:25pm On Mar 06, 2012
Who is the MD/CEO of this organisation?
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by aieromon(m): 5:28pm On Mar 06, 2012
Rubbish!!!
You guys simply want to make a profit from unemployed and desperate youths.Why in Pete's sake must I pay money to write a psychometric test?
This is arrant rubbish. angry angry
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by Geomac: 5:51pm On Mar 06, 2012
This is a big scam PAWA419.
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by richard69(m): 5:52pm On Mar 06, 2012
100% scam!
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by wisepluto(m): 6:00pm On Mar 06, 2012
i'll hack into their site, dis guys arnt fair!
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by Skywalker5(m): 6:01pm On Mar 06, 2012
ojofu:

when I got this mail, i decided to do some little investigation by tracing the source of this mails. I goggled " how to trace emails" and i got this site http://my-addr.com/trace_email_address/free_email_trace_route/online_email_trace_route_tool.php . Using the mail header of the mail they sent me, the result of the trace  is shown below.

Path               IP                    Hostname                              Country            City          Lat.      Long.        ISP
sender      10.252.0.104     Local network computer        
path pt     127.0.0.1           Local network computer
path pt    208.75.123.133 ccm25.constantcontact.com United States   Waltham  42.403 -71.259     AS40444
                                                                                                                                                           Constant
                                                                                                                                                            Contact, Inc

Dest.      208.75.123.133 ccm25.constantcontact.com United States  Waltham  42.403 -71.259    AS40444
                                                                                                                                                       Constant
                                                                                                                                                       Contact, Inc

I also trace the mail sent to me by Vio-dvla and Riverland hospital  and the result were all most the same for example,
the Sender IP for Pawa774- 10.252.0.104
the Sender IP for Vio-dvla-   10.252.0.105
the Sender IP for Riverland Hospital- 10.252.0.106

Even though i may not be able to interpret some of this result but why the similarities, does this mean that the mail  purportedly send by three different organisations are being sent from this same place?
With my little knowledge of IP I think this mails are being sent from the same source, Pls correct me if am wrong.

You not wrong. they are using all this web based email account. The IP gave them away. No same companies have the same IP address.Its obvious by their IP address the 3 companies are on the same network.
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by Nwogbe: 6:03pm On Mar 06, 2012
scammers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rrrruuuuunnnnnnn for your life nlders ;d

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Invitation For Job Interview At Oriental Food Industries Ltd Ibadan / Domestic Helper Who Cleans & Runs Errands. Sango Ota. 50k/month / Wedding Preparations Without A Job!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.