Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,047 members, 7,966,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 03:49 AM

If Jesus Is God, Then Why Did He Say The Father Was Greater Than He? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus Is God, Then Why Did He Say The Father Was Greater Than He? (3574 Views)

Meet Woman Who Was Greater Than Virgin Mary In The Bible / If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It / If Jesus Is Not The Son Of God, Then Who Is His Father? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Jesus Is God, Then Why Did He Say The Father Was Greater Than He? by Yagba: 9:42am On Feb 24, 2012
"Jesus was a human being" through whom God's sublime qualities flawlessly manifested. He never called Himself God. It was a perplexed Jewish audience who sought to know God because of His numerous statements that he was sent by The Father, God, into the earth. Jesus told them that God is spirit Who could not be seen, he then explained that by seeing him they have seen the Father; because in Him was power, wisdom and love in their fullness which manifested through His activities among men. Divinity is God alone, no created thing is divine. We can only talk of divine qualities finding home in those who strive upwards through genuine acts of goodwill to fellow humans, recognising and acknowledging God as the beginning from whom creation came into existence and in whom all contradictions, as perceived by indolent and confused humans, resolve themselves. Jesus, as an embodiment of God's perceptible qualities, was from the beginning as God Himself; for those qualities defined God.
Re: If Jesus Is God, Then Why Did He Say The Father Was Greater Than He? by DeepSight(m): 1:20pm On Feb 24, 2012
Image123:

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

"the glory I had WITH thee. . . ." I think that says it all. Thats a clear reference to two persons and not 1!
Re: If Jesus Is God, Then Why Did He Say The Father Was Greater Than He? by Image123(m): 3:48pm On Feb 24, 2012
Deep Sight:

"the glory I had WITH thee. . . ." I think that says it all. Thats a clear reference to two persons and not 1!
You seem to lack basic knowledge of the Trinity doctrine. Everyone knows it is God in three persons. So what with your eureka moment? Do you even need anything on trinity or no trinity. You need Jesus Himself in your life.
Re: If Jesus Is God, Then Why Did He Say The Father Was Greater Than He? by DeepSight(m): 3:58pm On Feb 24, 2012
Image123:

You seem to lack basic knowledge of the Trinity doctrine. Everyone knows it is God in three persons. So what with your eureka moment? Do you even need anything on trinity or no trinity. You need Jesus Himself in your life.

Hahahahahahahaha! Basic Knowledge of the Trinity Doctrine indeed! There you go - God in three persons - and yet even attested christians have a different understanding of that! Alhamdudillahi. Una no go kill pesin. Chai!

Bro, have a nice weekend. I am trying to pick up pieces of a broken one. Cheers.
Re: If Jesus Is God, Then Why Did He Say The Father Was Greater Than He? by dorox(m): 4:23pm On Feb 24, 2012
Hi Image 123,if you don't mind I would be very interested to see your reply to the very interesting points made by numo86
Re: If Jesus Is God, Then Why Did He Say The Father Was Greater Than He? by Image123(m): 5:07pm On Feb 24, 2012
dorox:

Hi Image 123,if you don't mind I would be very interested to see your reply to the very interesting points made by numo86
Interesting points? i thought they were complaints. Well, i can't 'answer' them as i'd wish at the present. When chanced(sorry it could be days) i'd try. iposted something expository on another thread recently though . It's also a Trinity thread.

@deepS, sorry o! Have a better weekend then. I must say, just any One of the Trinity would/could solve your breaks. If you asked Him.
Re: If Jesus Is God, Then Why Did He Say The Father Was Greater Than He? by MyJoe: 11:59am On Feb 25, 2012
@Image123
I think there is a Witness party going on here. wink
Re: If Jesus Is God, Then Why Did He Say The Father Was Greater Than He? by Image123(m): 12:29pm On Feb 25, 2012
MyJoe:

@Image123
I think there is a Witness party going on here. wink
You are not serious o. You've thought wrong BTW. It wasn't just the Trinity issue that made me call you a Witness. And it's not only witnesses that disagree with the doctrine.
Re: If Jesus Is God, Then Why Did He Say The Father Was Greater Than He? by DeepSight(m): 1:14pm On Feb 25, 2012
^^^ Ha. Abeg. Alhamdudillai. Allahu Akbak. KABOOM!
Re: If Jesus Is God, Then Why Did He Say The Father Was Greater Than He? by Image123(m): 2:58pm On Feb 25, 2012
Excuse me?
Re: If Jesus Is God, Then Why Did He Say The Father Was Greater Than He? by MyJoe: 6:23pm On Feb 25, 2012
Haba, Image123! You didn't just call me a Witness naa. You declared a whole thread a Witness party and made war on anyone who differed.

But good to see you've had a revelation. Karo and babaearly and the others who've come under your brush will be happy to see this day. grin
Re: If Jesus Is God, Then Why Did He Say The Father Was Greater Than He? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 25, 2012
MyJoe:

Haba, Image123! You didn't just call me a Witness naa. You declared a whole thread a Witness party and made war on anyone who differed.

But good to see you've had a revelation. Karo and babaearly and the others who've come under your brush will be happy to see this day. grin

Who are You?
Re: If Jesus Is God, Then Why Did He Say The Father Was Greater Than He? by Image123(m): 7:19pm On Feb 25, 2012
babaearly:

Who are You?
Hahahahahahahaha. I need You Jesus to come to my rescue.
Re: If Jesus Is God, Then Why Did He Say The Father Was Greater Than He? by MyJoe: 7:48pm On Feb 25, 2012
Ha! You, the inquisitor, need rescue now, ehn? grin
Re: If Jesus Is God, Then Why Did He Say The Father Was Greater Than He? by babacherokee: 9:13pm On Feb 26, 2012
JOHN 1 VERSE1."in the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God" JOHN 10 VERSE 30 "i and my father are one" JESUS IS THE SECOND IN THE TRINITY
Re: If Jesus Is God, Then Why Did He Say The Father Was Greater Than He? by Samar1: 7:25am On Feb 28, 2012
Did jesus died as man or as God?
Re: If Jesus Is God, Then Why Did He Say The Father Was Greater Than He? by Image123(m): 11:23pm On Feb 28, 2012
As Jesus
Re: If Jesus Is God, Then Why Did He Say The Father Was Greater Than He? by Samar1: 7:02am On Feb 29, 2012
Therefore u dont have 2 believe he is God anymore,he is only an apostle send 2 d israelite ,not u black nigerians!
Re: If Jesus Is God, Then Why Did He Say The Father Was Greater Than He? by Image123(m): 9:29pm On Feb 29, 2012
Samar1:

Therefore u dont have 2 believe he is God anymore,he is only an apostle send 2 d israelite ,not u black nigerians!
Clap for yourself, you've made you your point.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus Did Not Die To Forgive You Of Your Sins / Shocker, Confusion As Spiritualist Consults On The Source Of Lords Chosen Power / Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.