Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,986 members, 7,873,177 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:12 AM

Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe (15880 Views)

Native Doctor Kills Two Brothers Seeking Bullet-proof Protection (pictured) / Driver Kills Two Policemen In Benue / Cultists On The Rampage: Viewers Discretion Advised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by daroz(m): 8:05am On Feb 22, 2012
Another northen disaster!!! undecided. From Almajiri to Boko Haram, Boko Haram to Lasa Fever, Lasa Fever to lion on rampage. Lets see wht is next.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by fcdalatu: 8:57am On Feb 22, 2012
@daroz [Another northen disaster!!! . From Almajiri to Boko Haram, Boko Haram to Lasa Fever, Lasa Fever to lion on rampage. Lets see wht is next]

Next will be "daroz Haram"
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by Okijajuju1(m): 9:52am On Feb 22, 2012
okosodo:

One lion can not kill 30 cows even in two week, even in enjoyment level

Thank you.

This story reeks of bullshit.

[size=14pt]One Lion, 30 cattle's and two herdsmen?![/size] [size=28pt]HOW!![/size]

And the idiot commissioner has the balls to announce such bullsh'it on T.V?

Even a pride of 10 Lions cant kill more than 3 cattle's at one time. Lions don't kill for leisure, neither do they have the strength and resilience needed to kill 30 cattle's and 2 herdsmen in one single strike.

The state needs to find out what actually happened. They might just have a serial killer on their hands that isn't an animal.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by Afam4eva(m): 10:11am On Feb 22, 2012
Maybe the lion killed at different points, because lions just don't kill for fun, rather they kill when they're hungry.

***off topic***
Btw, is the lion a muslim?
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by Okijajuju1(m): 10:17am On Feb 22, 2012
afam4eva:

Maybe the lion killed at different points, because lions just don't kill for fun, rather they kill when they're hungry.

***off topic***

Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by oiseworld: 10:26am On Feb 22, 2012
rabzy:

But i no gree for the sand thing, except if on seeing you picking the sand the lion goes away knowing your intention, but if a lion is in motion, its 3 feet away and its about to pounce on you, you are already a goner, even if the sand gets into his eyes, just one blow from his paws or a head-butt will knock you out flat with some some broken parts.

thak u guy! People don't know wat an animal the Lion is. It not jist called the king of the jungle for nothing. We are talking about an animal who is equally a hunter. U say na masai. Those masai they use serious jazz. If a lion has tasted human blood before. Walahi all those method no go work at all. Who can look a lion in the eyes expecially if it has eating human before it would co,e at you straight, expecially if it sees u first, kai you don finish. It goes in to hiding, so you don't spot it, it starts creeping towards you gradually and quietly then it attacks. AN HUNTER IT SELF.
Na dat one u wan put sand for him eye. I dey laugh in lion!
Even the masai kill lion in groups xpecially a man eater lion.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by tpia5: 10:47am On Feb 22, 2012
Upendo

masais do get killed by lions- that's why they hunt in groups.

There used to be a chapter on masai hunting in the english reader.

They are lion hunters, true, but that doesnt mean they dont have casualties every now and then.

As per the video, it should come with a disclaimer or warning for people to not try it personally.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by tpia5: 10:49am On Feb 22, 2012
@ topic

didnt read the article but how can 30 cows be killed at a go, just like that?

Something's off.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by moshoodn(m): 10:55am On Feb 22, 2012
tpia@:

@ topic

didnt read the article but how can 30 cows be killed at a go, just like that?

Something's off.

not at a stretch bro. . . it was a day by day meal which eventually totalled thirty.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by moshoodn(m): 11:00am On Feb 22, 2012
Okija_juju:

Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by y2kaustin(m): 11:02am On Feb 22, 2012
No one should begrudge this lion his good fortune. With his human landlords tearing at each other and on the rampage generally, it is only common sense that the poor thing stakes out some territory for itself, who knows, by some good fortune the land area it manages to sequester may be the only habitable part of Yobe by the time the bombers are done!

30 cattle by just one Lion, ? Lions are not terrorists. They don't just go on killing sprees. Was it a female, ? If it is rearing cubs, may be, but not that much. But that is a bad sign, for having tasted easy domestic prey, it won't want to hunt again. It will prefer to roam near by, where it can easily return for another kill.

If it can be tranquilized and kept in a Zoo (or in the same cell with Gbenga Daniel, lets see if it won't open its mouth , lol) that would be nice, but I doubt Nigerians are that caring. Not even to themselves.May be the Lion is disturbed about something, may be it is yet to receive its Palliatives,
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by moshoodn(m): 11:05am On Feb 22, 2012
afam4eva:

***off topic***
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by moshoodn(m): 11:05am On Feb 22, 2012
afam4eva:

***off topic***
I think it is. . . its got thick beards, you know.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by moshoodn(m): 11:07am On Feb 22, 2012
afam4eva:

***off topic***
I think it is.  . . its got thick beards, you know.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by pendo89(f): 11:15am On Feb 22, 2012
@ tpia

It must have been a pride of lions.Unless they were calves or a pride,I dont think the 30 happend at a go. Intervals maybe.

One lion alone can't take down a animal by itself, unless the prey is a small animal such as zebra and wildebeest. But a pride (group) of lions can take down a much larger animal such as buffalo, giraffe, and even small, baby elephants! A pride of lions usually kill one of the larger animals, which would be enough for the pride. Sometimes, and rarely, the massive lions will take down two animals. They can eat the extra carcass, or they can save the extra for the later days.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_animals_does_a_lion_kill_in_a_day#ixzz1n6Wfweie

Now this I extracted from one of our local dailies even though it happened some time back.

Tuesday two lions strayed into Nkamuriaki village(masai land) and killed seven donkeys, two cows and nine goats. Following the attack, some 150 morans went in search of the stray lions. Armed with spears, bows and arrows, they killed two and a third lion escaped into Nairobi National Park.

grin grin.I wouldn't be caught among the group of 150.I wld rather stay without a wife!
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by tpia5: 12:20pm On Feb 22, 2012
The only problem i have with that scenario is why they went with spears instead of firepower.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 22, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G0SbwdSO7A

@tpia and pendo, if this man had ran in the clip above, he stands no chance.

Like I said in my initial post, DO NOT RUN when you see a lion in close proximity. You DO NOT want to expose your rear neck to a LION. Stare at the lion by making a backward retreat, then you stand a chance.

They Kill most of their preys Via a neck Grip.

In the Clip below, A man that rears lion for a living also said the same thing I am saying, watch the clip below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9s2xYkTsRo
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by PointB: 1:13pm On Feb 22, 2012
The lion should given amnesty and send abroad for re-training. I am not joking!
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by pendo89(f): 8:53pm On Feb 22, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9s2xYkTsRo

that man was plain silly. how could he tresspass and refuse to heed the warnings? son of the king indeed.

but even then, there is only one thing i can do, throw myself at the lion to end my misery like somebody suggested,
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by tpia5: 9:22pm On Feb 22, 2012
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by tpia5: 9:23pm On Feb 22, 2012
Like I said in my initial post, DO NOT RUN when you see a lion in close proximity. You DO NOT want to expose your rear neck to a LION. Stare at the lion by making a backward retreat, then you stand a chance.

IF the lion isnt hungry or aggravated, perhaps.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by Nobody: 12:11am On Feb 23, 2012
Running is useless, you cannot even outrun a housecat to start with - talkless of a HUNGRY SERIAL KILLER LION.
I have watched documentaries of Lions attacking cattle, they chase them and go for the weakest that falls behind. I wonder how this SERIAL-KILLER of a lion managed to kill the entire herd and herders - or could it be a PRIDE OF LIONS that we are talking about here? Even that sef. . . .

Now where is the goddamn Lion? Still at Large? Next thing now (God forbid) it might decide to 'troll to a market - and lay siege - then you will see headlines like :
LION SACKS MARKET - ALL LIVES WERE LOST!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian National Arrested With Cocaine Worth ₦12.6 Million In India / KWASU Student, Jimoh Abdulmueez Declared Missing (Photo) / SUG Pres. Of FUTA, Adeyemi & Sch. of Midwifery Involved In An Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.