Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,853 members, 7,930,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 12:57 PM

Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches (45539 Views)

Deeper Life Bible Church Among Other Churches? / RCCG, E.A. Adeboye (and All Other Churches) - Free Will Or Predestination? / The Truth About The Catholic Church: And Other Churches: In History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by harakiri(m): 10:12pm On Feb 21, 2012
It's high time. It was long overdue.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by swing4real(m): 10:15pm On Feb 21, 2012
VERY GOOD MOVE. PLEASE KEEP IT UP.Shut down all those churches and mosques and arrest all those people that keep polluting  the air with their noise. The government should infact start asking the churches and mosques to start paying taxes as it is now obvious they are bunch of criminal extorting money from the public.

In every street you go to Nigeria you are bound to see a Church or a Mosque and yet Nigeria still remind with corruption that has hinder us from developing the way we ought to have. One of the major problem we have in this country, infact  in the world is religion. I keep hearing people saying let's pray for our dear country so that it will be better.How long have we been praying? we can pray from now till the end of time nothing will change expect we walk the walk.

Is it by force that some one should buy what you are selling? I heard cases where some one would be in the public bus and trying to enjoy his or her ride then some one will spring from no where and start disturbing the peace or in the name of preaching. You will NEVER, I mean NEVER see the Westerns that brought Christianity or the Arab that  brought Islamic to us disturbing the peace of its people at public places or at nights

Before those Christian and Muslim  extremist start screaming and saying  bulls. I believe in God but I am not stupid not to see things crystal.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 21, 2012
empty vessels make the loudest noise.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by greall12(m): 10:23pm On Feb 21, 2012
close is close shikene
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 21, 2012
Sound-proofing is key. . . . however, they can't tell me the mosques are exempted from this too.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by afroxyz: 11:14pm On Feb 21, 2012
Dumb fools. Why can't we put our religious differences and see the health benefits? Besides why didn't the churches attend the meeting with the state govt? Even Jesus paid taxes i.e he abided by the rules. Religious leaders shld knw better.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by christianity(m): 11:32pm On Feb 21, 2012
It is d high time that d Xian believers should rise up and fight against these. The bible make us to understand that, right from the time of the john the baptist, the kingdom of God suffered Christian and this dis valence were taking it by forced. So rise up lets pray wit fervent prayer and the God whom we serve Shall be wit us.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 21, 2012
^^^ I am a bible believing christian.

As much as all those yahns come easy, you have to come to terms with what is right and what is reality. Even the bible tells you to obey the laws of the land.
If you know sound will be a problem to the neighborhood your church is in, invest in sound proofing.

Don't just do wharrever you want and to hell with the single mother next door who juggles 3 jobs and only has 3 hours in a day to sleep which coincides with your service time.
Is that love?  We are not called to offense, but to bring people into the kingdom of light.

Living close to a loud church that always has night vigils when you're trying to sleep is a trying ordeal whether you are a christian or not.

Sound proof the church building. When even some clubs obey the laws of the land and sound proof their establishment when near residential zones, why would a church that is supposed to be representing God, be fronting?  undecided

I am truly astounded when christians who really should know better, act inconsiderably to others like that.
Acting no different from radical islamists who are quick to peg any small reprisal as "persecution & oppression" worthy of "some sort of jihad" or the other.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Nobody: 11:51pm On Feb 21, 2012
Many more would follow suit. I am expecting the mosque to be told to control their calling rather shouting(another form of noise pollution) to be included.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by netghost: 12:11am On Feb 22, 2012
rubbish , this is completely unacceptable , why would he close those churches, and the redeem and MFM branch close to my house is still open sad sad cry cry cry
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by lastpage: 12:25am On Feb 22, 2012
If you read my previous posts where l commended the Jehovah's Witness Sect for keeping their Worship Noise level to a minimum, you would know l am a Christian but l hasten to say that all Churches must follow suit and not disturb the peace of the neighborhood.

I also find it hypocritical, that Muslims here cant call "A Spade, A Spade".
All these yarns about "Call to prayer is just ten minutes", is nothing but Bull-Shyte!

Muslims pray how many times a day? About 5 or 6times, right?
Now, assuming it is just ten minutes, each time, that makes it about 60minutes of extremely high-pitched level of nuisance noise!
Even when the Mosque about 5ometers to my house has finished the first call to prayer around 4am, l can hardly sleep anymore 'cos in 30minutes time, that same call is repeated and thereon till 5:30am! Then 1pm, the 6pm and so on! Wetin sef?

Then the "murmuring" follows, not to mention when some are doing "Special Prayer" and we are regaled with "How much Mr. A contributed and how much prayer he deserves"! shocked shocked grin

Bottom-line: If you go beyond the prescribed Noise level, even for 3minutes, YOU SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN, be you a Church, Mosque, Babalawo, Hindu or a Discotheque!

Everyone should obey the law and no one should give us any excuse.
Sound proof your place of worship and stop constituting a Public Nuisance.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by itsmeurLady(f): 12:36am On Feb 22, 2012
shocked when did nigeria,lagos to be precise start With this noise pollution ish? Dem wan form small London, Na only churches dey make noise? Their stupid political rallies nko? This doesn't make one sense, decibel ke,pollution ni, mtchewww!!!
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by LogicMind: 12:37am On Feb 22, 2012
Yoruba man, ban im masters' mosques? Chickens will grow teeth first.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by femikay149(m): 12:55am On Feb 22, 2012
am wondering why this engr rasheed didnt also go after the mosques, there is a mosque beside my house and they make all kind of terrible noise, dey even have vigils, the most annoying thing is that they keep chanting the same thing overnite,
so until he goes after the mosques as well i say this is unacceptable
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Nobody: 1:05am On Feb 22, 2012
His name gives him away grin
But seriously, let EVERYONE be respectful as best as they can.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by topmost4u(m): 1:28am On Feb 22, 2012
Golden gate to where?Is a matter of time we will soon have life and thunder church
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Infomizer(m): 1:38am On Feb 22, 2012
7 down, thousands to go!

AFAIK, Mosques, Churches, CD hawkers, DJs, all fall under the same category, There are three churches within a 300 yard radius of my condo and I don't find it funny on sundays, except when they start praying, Some madass prayer points mhen! So hilarious!! So cliché, They sound as if God is deaf, or he prefers you repeating yourself,

As for the Mosques, years back, they used to be my reliable alarm clock, and then I got a mobile phone and they outlived their usefulness, So it's right about time o!

#TeamSango, #TeamAmadioha, #TeamNoToNoisePollution
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Detongue: 2:01am On Feb 22, 2012
Fashola should b call to order. D mosque who are constituting nuisance all over d place hv not b shut down, Fashola should start 4rm his house first. He should not bring religious crisis to lagos
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by benzion72(m): 2:11am On Feb 22, 2012
What of Radionics playing various kind of music from morning till night disturbing the peace of entire neighborhood?
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by MisterNRC(m): 4:34am On Feb 22, 2012
Tokotaya:

This is a good move. We can actually worship God without being obnoxiously noisy. Now LASEPA should move to the mosques, more churches and the [b]notorious Beer Parlour at 322 Road FESTAC [/b]where loud music is played from 4pm till midnight denying infants and the elderly good sleep. Enough of this backwardness! EEish!

Bros so you sabi that corner sef cheesy grin
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by MAYOWAAK: 7:21am On Feb 22, 2012
I commend Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola of Lagos state for closing down seven churches for noise pollution. I hope he extends it to non-compliant mosques too. Furthermore, the governments of Lagos, Oyo, and Ogun states should do something about the traffic nightmares caused by the prosperity pentecostal empires on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway. As far as I am concerned, faith that is blind to social and civic responsibility is sin. Faith that is inconsiderate of "thy neighbor" is wicked. Christ had/has no nuisance value. That should be His most important example to His followers in Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by lexsals4real(m): 7:36am On Feb 22, 2012
Our churches has business competitive centres where every pastor want to attracts customers, dey need to be regulated back to normal, we don't praise God by shouting for many hours without pause, take note
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by LogicMind: 7:59am On Feb 22, 2012
he also needs to tackle the generators. the noise is too annoying.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by iukpe: 8:52am On Feb 22, 2012
Lets speak the truth, how many hours do you have Muslims so called call to prayer, in 24hours?
I am a christian and I think the doctrines have greatly derailed from what it is supposed to be and there isn't a christian council to guide and correct or sanction what churches are doing today.

Then answer this, how many times in a day or how many days in a week do the loud microphones come on if you live close to a church in your area?

Churches and speakers actually became popular some 20yrs back or so, many churches did not do this in the past. But with very huge worship centers, I can understand the need but if they are really for your congregations outreach within the church i am sure speakers can be installed within that can boost the church service or session without greatly disturbing neighborhood.

These days even churches occupying small spaces for service or worship, will turn on microphones into excessively huge amplifiers and speakers, and their untrained keyboardist will play on the keyboard to his own pleasure not minding the singing tune or rhythm.

Then the issue of turning on the mic to "speak in tongues" is another issue before dawn, or at late night prayer. Lets be frank with ourselves, this is greater noise. God himself doesn't require that much noise to hear us.

Muslim's call to prayer is traditional i think. Churches need to control what they do cos its all gotten out of hand.

The government has a duty to promote sanity, and the churches should come together and regulate this methods. However government too should act so it will not be seen to close places of worship but to curb excesses of noise pollution.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by DrKnow1(m): 9:16am On Feb 22, 2012
Great
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by yemmight(m): 9:22am On Feb 22, 2012
Shutting down churches is not new in Fashola’s administration but my concern is for ignoring nuisances mosques give in Lagos.  It is only in Nigeria that government make favoritism so glaring.  You can imagine a cBN Gov took a whooping 100m from country funds and donated to the people he believe share the same religion and tribe.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by nwanioma(f): 9:32am On Feb 22, 2012
Please where can we go to report those churches that haven't been closed yet? No one said do not pray but putting speakers outside, making so much noise? That's just too much!
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by akin33(m): 9:32am On Feb 22, 2012
Base on d recent move by Lagos State govment in the closure of churches, if indeed God of Israel, Adeboye, Babalola knows abt d existence of those churches, let Fashola and his official wait and see if God d father, son and d Holy Ghost exist b4 ths yr. runs out. Hw many mosque have been close down over d so called noise polution With their early morning enchantment?
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by seal777(m): 9:37am On Feb 22, 2012
[b]I have read with reservation the comments of contributors in on this post, let me put it on record that the speakers of a mosque was dismantled by the same ministry on my street in itire, surulere after serving them with a notice on their noise level due to a tenant report.

I will implore you to make necessary reports to the appropriate quarters if you notice such noise level from either mosques or churches, all these they are doing is to our benefit, lets not always see things from the religious point of view.

I doubt if anyone of those who always turn issues to religious battle see anything wrong in entering any bus, living in any house, buying food stuffs, entering a canteen or receiving financial or moral favors from Muslims as bad.

I am a Muslim but the better part of my life was lived with Christians, receiving life changing privileges a Muslim like me will never obliged me.

In my fathers house of 10 flats, 9 of them ( Ibo and calabar ) are christian, 8 are non Yoruba, 1 Yoruba who is not from my part of Yoruba land.

Lets check our selves and stop playing GOD.[/b]
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 22, 2012
Good development. Even the bible discourages hypocrisy of many words/noises during prayers. It should apply to mosques too.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Lord’s Chosen, 6 Other Churches by trustidkid: 1:21pm On Feb 22, 2012
I THINK SINCERITY HAS TO PREVAIL IN MATTER LIKE THIS. THE BOTH 2 TOP RELIGIONS MAKES NOISE.
BUT NO ONE WOULD EVER COMPARE NOISE EMANATED FROM "SOME" CHRISTIAN WORSHIP CENTRE TO THEIR MUSLIM COUNTERPARTS. THEIR PRAYER SESSION / PREACHING PERIOD IS ALARMING AS IF THEY WANT TO FORMIT SHIT. ALTHOUGH WE HAVE FEW MOSQUES THAT GENERATE NOISE FROM THEIR WORSHIPS BUT THEY ARE IN NO WAY COMPARABLE. MOSQUES USES AMPLIFIER FOR THEIR CALL TO PRAYER IN LESS THAN 2 MINUTES FIVE TIMES A DAY WHILE CHRISTIANS HAS NO DEFINITE TIME. IF YOU HAVE NEVER COME ACROSS THE "THE LORD CHOSEN" DURING THEIR EVANGELISM YOU WILL THINK IS WAR TIME, THE WAY THE WILL RUN TO YOU IN ORDER TO SHARE LEAFLET, IF YOU ARE CONFIDENT ENOUGH YOU WILL RUN AWAY.
IN FACT HOW MANY MOSQUE CAN AVOID TO BUY THE KIND OF AMPLIFIERS THEY USED IN CHURCH. SO DON'T COMPARE THEM AT ALL.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Traditionalcure, Spiritual Healing, Superstition, Voodoo, Magic, Facts / My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge / Biodun Fatoyinbo: A Pastor With So Much Swags

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.