Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,899 members, 7,909,378 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 12:23 AM

World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej (4275 Views)

PDP Assembles Crack Team To Restructure The Party’s Youth System (Photos) / 3 PDP Governors In Buhari’s Team To Cameroon / Buhari, Jonathan Send Joint Economic Team To World Bank Spring Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 22, 2012
Mr Beaf, please be objective for once. How can a President who has babbled on about his desire to "cut government waste" be talking about creating a "desk" of World Bank officials to vet domestic contracts? Does it even sound sensible to you? Are you saying that there are no credible, incorruptible Nigerians that can do this job? Who says that even these WB officials cannot collude with some unscrupulous individuals and continue with the status quo? What about the foreign exchange being lost (of course they'll be paid in dollars)?

Look, I get the fact that you are a GEJ fan and you think he is the answer to our problems, but you need to look at issues objectively. Criticize your mentor when he goes wrong instead of defending the indefensible.
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by asoderock(m): 3:00pm On Feb 22, 2012
If world Bank involvement will reduce scandalous over inflation of contracts, then what is the problem with that.
All these are because our people are just too greedy and seem just immuned to good behaviour
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by fsb(m): 3:00pm On Feb 22, 2012
Nigerians should stop complaining about GEJ or the PDP government cos they were the same people screaming that they would rather die than have Buhari become president. In my opinion, all this people(PDP) are the same - they just have different faces. Some decisions are good, others are bad while the worst are those decisions taken not in the interest of the nation. Why on earth would any country wanna open an office for the World Bank to vet all Federal government contracts. Its a stupid decision that doesnt serve the interest of the nation. I dont know when politicians would realizr that this world bank and the rest dont give a damn about your economy. I want to believe President GEJ isnt this naive, maybe he is surrounded by pot-smoking advisers, He has consistently shown his inability to manage the economy of the nation because, ultimately, he steers the ship while NOIweala just provide guidance based on their knowledge and expertise. There are just too many issues, and overt lies. Has anyone seen the 1600 buses that were just off the coast of Nigeria several weeks ago? Nobody seems to know why Mr Sokoto was arrested in a governor's lodge and everyone seems to be smiling, These issues are the ones i even remember from reading my twitter feeds, When are we goin to realise that this people are there for themselves and not for you or me, People are suffering everyday but some are so intellectually deficient and ethnically or religious biased that they will forever lose sight of the big picture which lies in the question, who can move this country forward? This is food for thought,
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by fsb(m): 3:03pm On Feb 22, 2012
sorry for errors, had issues editing text from mobile browser,
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by logica(m): 3:04pm On Feb 22, 2012
OK. Buhari that's supposed to be the savior has been in and out and at the head of the Government since the late 60s. And he still appears to be The Messiah to you?
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by sheyguy: 3:23pm On Feb 22, 2012
World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej . . . Hmmm . . . It sounds like a good move on the surface, but i hope Gej and his mago-mago clique are not selling us a dummy here.
Let's just say IMF and co. are ruling us.
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by Beaf: 4:21pm On Feb 22, 2012
HNosegbe:

Mr Beaf, please be objective for once. How can a President who has babbled on about his desire to "cut government waste" be talking about creating a "desk" of World Bank officials to vet domestic contracts? Does it even sound sensible to you? Are you saying that there are no credible, incorruptible Nigerians that can do this job? Who says that even these WB officials cannot collude with some unscrupulous individuals and continue with the status quo? What about the foreign exchange being lost (of course they'll be paid in dollars)?

Look, I get the fact that you are a GEJ fan and you think he is the answer to our problems, but you need to look at issues objectively. Criticize your mentor when he goes wrong instead of defending the indefensible.

For the bolded, you've got to be kidding! We are witness to a police force that is so infested with boko haram that suspects are now locked up by SSS and the army. The civil service is as bad (if not worse) than the police and you want to get incorruptible ones to vet contracts? Where will you find them? lol!
Even if we were to get people from outside the civil service, they would still be susceptible to corruption, whereas the World Bank cannot be involved in scams.
Nigeria needs such radical action.
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by Beaf: 4:26pm On Feb 22, 2012
logica:

In any case ignoring pointless banter from this creature, once again as I pointed out most of the biggest instances of corruption in this country (and else where for that matter) are facilitated by these same oyinbos. If that's not clear to anybody it's simply because they barely leave the four corners of their council flats.

--Beaf gives logica a World changing slap that shakes his pot belly, buckles his lil thin k-legs and connects his left eye to his hairy arse--

grin
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by logica(m): 4:53pm On Feb 22, 2012
Beaf:

whereas the World Bank cannot be involved in scams.
Indeed, you've "gotta" be kidding. Which planet are you from?
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by blacksta(m): 5:06pm On Feb 22, 2012
Another useless office to seat ontop an overbloated one. when you bring in world bank to vet contracts , what happens to finance and the other useless department . I guess they will just be collecting salaries doing nothing.

Anyway World bank dont offer such services.

one eyed monster leading a nation of blind monsters.
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by Sunofgod(m): 5:14pm On Feb 22, 2012
Let him just hand over Nigeria to the World Bank/IMF . . . . . . . .

Nigerians - get used to your enslavement.
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 22, 2012
God Please let GEJ succeed in his quest to rule Nigeria for life, amen.

Hunger must totally decimate these gullible, tribal, savages!
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by blacksta(m): 5:18pm On Feb 22, 2012
kingoflag:

God Please let GEJ succeed in his quest to rule Nigeria for life, amen.

Hunger must totally decimate these gullible, tribal, savages!

AMen
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On Feb 22, 2012
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 22, 2012
Beaf,

From your response, I can finally see that you are completely incapable (or unwilling) to embrace even the slightest jot of objectivity as far as GEJ is concerned. How on earth can you imply that there are no honest, incorruptible Nigerians that can vet contracts awarded by government and that the World Bank guys cannot be bought? What on earth gives you that impression? Did you even read the part of the OP that said that there is a body set up by law to perform these functions, but that the FG has failed to get the agency up and running, almost five years after their enabling Act was passed by parliament?

I can now see why some Nairalanders aver that you're on GEJ's payroll.
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by Beaf: 9:52pm On Feb 22, 2012
HNosegbe:

Beaf,

From your response, I can finally see that you are completely incapable (or unwilling) to embrace even the slightest jot of objectivity as far as GEJ is concerned. How on earth can you imply that there are no honest, incorruptible Nigerians that can vet contracts awarded by government and that the World Bank guys cannot be bought? What on earth gives you that impression? Did you even read the part of the OP that said that there is a body set up by law to perform these functions, but that the FG has failed to get the agency up and running, almost five years after their enabling Act was passed by parliament?

I can now see why some Nairalanders aver that you're on GEJ's payroll.

Right, so I must accept your word enh? So who's payroll would you say you are on since you do not agree with me?
When people talk like you just did, a single word comes to mind and its, "id!ot."
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by Nobody: 10:41pm On Feb 22, 2012
You still have not addressed the issue I raised. My question is, what is your basis for saying that there are no honest Nigerians to do the job being assigned to foreigners? Stick with the topic at hand.

And stop with the insults and name-calling. It doesn't portray you as an intelligent, rational individual.
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by Beaf: 10:48pm On Feb 22, 2012
HNosegbe:

You still have not addressed the issue I raised. My question is, what is your basis for saying that there are no honest Nigerians to do the job being assigned to foreigners? Stick with the topic at hand.

And stop with the insults and name-calling. It doesn't portray you as an intelligent, rational individual.

And you think behaving like the desperate armed robbers and assassins on NL makes you sound intelligent? Why don't you drop some death threats like them too? Who started the name calling? Was it not you?
I know you are not a politician like those bastar'ds that is the only reason I have held back.

You sound like a fool.
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by rebranded(m): 10:54pm On Feb 22, 2012
FG will soon, or is planning is all we hear

when will we start hearing FG has started undecided
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 22, 2012
Again, Beaf, stop with the name-calling and answer my question.
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by Beaf: 11:07pm On Feb 22, 2012
HNosegbe:

Again, Beaf, stop with the name-calling and answer my question.

I already told you what I think of you. That is, you act like a fool. It takes a fool to deeply insult another person, because of a difference of opinion.

Get lost, fool.
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by Nobody: 11:15pm On Feb 22, 2012
For the record, let me re-emphasise. My question was not "what you think of me". I asked you why you said no Nigerian is honest enough to vet government contracts, and that only foreigners are good enough as far as GEJ is concerned. That's my question, answer that.

Sheesh!!! The level of hate you spew out at times is so poignant, it could make my phone explode. Cool down.
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by Beaf: 12:33am On Feb 23, 2012
HNosegbe:

For the record, let me re-emphasise. My question was not "what you think of me". I asked you why you said no Nigerian is honest enough to vet government contracts, and that only foreigners are good enough as far as GEJ is concerned. That's my question, answer that.

Sheesh!!! The level of hate you spew out at times is so poignant, it could make my phone explode. Cool down.

Address your question to fools like yourself who go around insulting others, just because you are too daft to cope mentally.
Imagine telling me I'm paid. If you were anywhere close, I would have gotten boys to really make you see 7 devils.
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by igbaodun: 1:23am On Feb 23, 2012
Boko Haram what are you doing, strike GEJ dead now, now, now, nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

This GEJ mumuski is truly an ediota
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by Nobody: 7:52am On Feb 23, 2012
Beaf:

Address your question to fools like yourself who go around insulting others, just because you are too daft to cope mentally.
Imagine telling me I'm paid. If you were anywhere close, I would have gotten boys to really make you see 7 devils.

Well, since you won't answer my question, I have nothing to say to you anymore, except that you had better start being objective as far as President Jonathan is concerned, else you stand the risk of being continually perceived as his paid agent.

Peace.
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by Demdem(m): 8:06am On Feb 23, 2012
HNosegbe:

Well, since you won't answer my question, I have nothing to say to you anymore, except that you had better start being objective as far as President Jonathan is concerned, else you stand the risk of being continually perceived as his paid agent.

Peace.

grin grin grin
welkom to the world of knowing beaf. when beaf is boxed to a corner he suddenly pisses in his pants and unleashes the curses to whoever .
Thats him by default. bear with him.

grin grin grin
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by violent(m): 8:25am On Feb 23, 2012
seems everyone here simply assumes that ALL world bank officials must be foreigners
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by ayo84(m): 9:20am On Feb 23, 2012
Why should we open up our government to western imperialists and officials, are we not capable of handling things ourselves, can you imagine.
Haba im not supporting goodluck on this at all.
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by Beaf: 10:02am On Feb 23, 2012
HNosegbe:

Peace.

The prost!tutes you waste your worthless life with are the paid agents, including the one in your bed at home.
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by logica(m): 1:00pm On Feb 23, 2012
violent:

seems everyone here simply assumes that ALL world bank officials must be foreigners
Oh, OK. They are posting the Nigerian officers to represent them. You are making a lot of sense.
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by violent(m): 9:20pm On Feb 23, 2012
logica:

Oh, OK. They are posting the Nigerian officers to represent them. You are making a lot of sense.

and is there something to suggest from the news that by the mentioning of "world bank team", it immediately means their Washington based team? when especially they have an office in Nigeria? undecided
Re: World Bank Team To Vet Fg Contracts - Gej by logica(m): 11:47pm On Mar 01, 2012
violent:

and is there something to suggest from the news that by the mentioning of "world bank team", it immediately means their Washington based team? when especially they have an office in Nigeria? undecided
Whose interest will they represent? Nigeria or World Bank?

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State / Dakuku Peterside Looses His Ward To Nyesom Wike / IPOB Set To Make A Powerful Announcement That Will Shock Nigeria - Game Changer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.