Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,552 members, 7,972,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 11:04 PM

Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? (10920 Views)

The Black Berry Craze / Mtn Free Calls A Blessing Or A Trick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? by yme1(f): 1:02am On Feb 23, 2012
lilkech:

WHAT DO WE USE OUR BBS FOR?

BBM
FB
TWITTER
ROTATE FUNNY DPS
UPLOAD GLAMOUROUS PIX
PLAY MP3S
SNAP ANYTHING SNAPPABLE
YOUTUBE
and last but not the least

follow our posts on NAIRALAND

I DARE SOMEONE TO ADD SOMETHING MEANINGFUL TO MY LIST
I use it in class to read article for my course
I search for meaning to words that are new to me
I get instant message on when I need to be at work (student ambassador)
I receive/send instant mails pertaining to important stuffs from uni/work
I travel world wide (News)
Keeps me closer to my friends/families
I hardly spend much cash recharging my phone

I can go on and on sweetie. BB is just like many other phones and if a person tend to pick a blackberry for reasons (either useless or useful reasons) best known to him/her that's their choice.
Re: Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? by rman: 1:06am On Feb 23, 2012
Another BB hate thread. A lot of people need to grow up. All I see from all these BB hate threads are people that have very at socializing so they paint everything they don't agree with as bad.

Why can't people just leave their lives and leave others with the choices they make.

For every BB hate l thread I see, the message I get is some people trying to feel good about the phone they use but they can only get that feeling if they are convinced in their twisted mind that majority are wrong by not making the same choice as theirs.

We should also stop all these BB and girls stuff. The phone is popular with both gender in Nigeria. And for every girl that has gone out of her way to get one, there are equal number of boys that have gone out their way to get one too.

We should just mind our own business.
Re: Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? by rman: 1:11am On Feb 23, 2012
rman:

Another BB hate thread. A lot of people need to grow up. All I see from all these BB hate threads are people that are very poor at socializing, so they paint everything they don't agree with as bad.

Why can't people just live their lives and let others live with the choices they make.

For every BB hate l thread I see, the message I get is some people trying to feel good about the phone they use but they can only get that feeling if they are convinced in their twisted mind that majority are wrong by not making the same choice as theirs.

We should also stop all these BB and girls stuff. The phone is popular with both gender in Nigeria. And for every[b][/b] girl that has gone out of her way to get one, there are equal number of boys that have gone out their way to get one too.

Re: Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? by ndubiz1759: 1:58am On Feb 23, 2012
well i know BB is a bless and a Curse . Don't ask me why!
Re: Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? by AmeboAjela(f): 2:09am On Feb 23, 2012
@OP, its called Iyanga tolo-tolo (Peacock) lol
Sorry for digressing , back to ur topic Blackberry is more of a Curse than blessing in Nigeria,
Re: Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? by AmeboAjela(f): 2:24am On Feb 23, 2012
rman:

Another BB hate thread. A lot of people need to grow up. All I see from all these BB hate threads are people that have very at socializing so they paint everything they don't agree with as bad.

Why can't people just leave their lives and leave others with the choices they make.

We should also stop all these BB and girls stuff. The phone is popular with both gender in Nigeria. And for every girl that has gone out of her way to get one, there are equal number of boys that have gone out their way to get one too.

And did you even reading the thread before commenting? You use the word Hate loosely, The OP is trying to address a major problem that is affecting the Nigerian society especially the youths and you call that Hate? Do you know how many girls has been stripped Naked because they stole a BB phone? Have you even asked yourself why not any other phone, just a BB, Do you know how many nude pics of girls that are flying all over the world cos people could ping or whatever you call that with a BB phone? The people that created the phone didn't intend for it to become a nuisance but some Nigerians have made it so, In other Countries kids between the ages of 12-18yrs are the ones into BB, Grown ups just make sure they have good functioning phones, but Nigerians have made BB a product of class or social status and that is why people who could barely feed would do anything to own one including stealing. This BB madness is something that should be addressed and not something to put down or label "BB Hate" like you called it. And anything that affects a Society at large is everybody's business,
Re: Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? by gulfer: 6:48am On Feb 23, 2012
I am replying to your thread on a BB: gain, .many relationships have been broken by BB: pain. Get it; it all depends on how individuals use it.
Re: Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? by damoskiy(m): 7:24am On Feb 23, 2012
Youths of today baffle me:
1. Your parents cant afford 100k for una house rents nd u flaunt a BB of 120k.
2. Your mum cant afford to feed ur sibling wit enuf meal and u wear a brazilian hair of 40k.
3. Your sibling goes to skul in torn wears but u can afford to wear a designer.
4.your parents cant afford to pay monthly p.h.c.n bills but you pay ur b.i.s monthly.
5.your popsy takes ogogoro for breakfast, u drink a red label for fun.
What is this whole madness about? Forming is temporary but class is permanent, Swag won't pay ur bills in 10yrz time, Swaga no be style, na personality:s/smiley
Re: Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? by sucre2(m): 7:25am On Feb 23, 2012
The Bb helps and makes communication and browsing easy and affordable but not with disadvantages as you see below average people with a 60k Bb, Nigerian girls should cut their coat according to their clothes,
Re: Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? by halavoke: 7:36am On Feb 23, 2012
So dis na topic nah! Na wa oh. Wateva invention we have in dis world must have gd users n abusers so 'poor naija gal buy torch!', na im de tear ur pant?
Re: Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? by bknight: 8:20am On Feb 23, 2012
Personally, bb has bin a blessing all d way. . .reduced my budget for internet subscription, reduced my expenses on making phone calls. . .brings me closer to long distance friends and family. . .more importantly, I discuss business on bb.

Op, sori abt ur bro. But ppl hv died making calls/texting on nokia 3310.

But d undeserving criticisms bb users get is annoying esp from those dat hv never used it. Hv an experience of something so u hv enough credibility to criticize it.

Some guys drink away more dan N10,000 in a month (infact some in one club nite) and hv d guts to ask me why I spend N1,500 on bb subscription monthly?

I can't say much for brazilian or venezuelan hair. Its not jst abt bb. If u use something for reasons beneficial to u. on why a schoolgirl uses porsche instead of curve is anoda topic entirely. But if she buys a fairly used curve 2, its cheaper dan some other phones dat r not made by bb.

If an entrepreneur student sells stuff to ppl in school, bb cld be a 'tool' for her business, reducing her cost of running her business and meeting more customers.
Re: Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? by waxrider: 8:29am On Feb 23, 2012
Nija girls always overdo something jare
Re: Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? by lilkech(m): 8:37am On Feb 23, 2012
y me:

I use it in class to read article for my course
I search for meaning to words that are new to me
I get instant message on when I need to be at work (student ambassador)
I receive/send instant mails pertaining to important stuffs from uni/work
I travel world wide (News)
Keeps me closer to my friends/families
I hardly spend much cash recharging my phone

I can go on and on sweetie. BB is just like many other phones and if a person tend to pick a blackberry for reasons (either useless or useful reasons) best known to him/her that's their choice.

all this one na WASH

bb is just a gossip ready fone for gossips . . . Datz why more girls use it

if u know the amount of rumours that fly around since the advent of bb in 9ja ehn . . .

Why do you think some major countries with better economies than 9ja have BANNED the fone

i used mine for 2 months and sold it . . . I hate being attached to a handset that can both expose my personal life to people or enable people keep on saying stupid things just because they wanna get attention on the www
Re: Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? by softtouch2(m): 8:52am On Feb 23, 2012
I added BB to my phones to reduce my monthly internet subscription cost.
I spent close to 10k. monthly both for my mobile devices and home PC, but with my BB of Full BIS of 3k, I can achieve a lot.

I  use data up to 18GB monthly or more with my 3k. and I don't need to carry my Laptop around while travelling, a risk on it own.

Even when you buy knife to help with your kitchen activities, some use the same knife to kill, that will not be reason for me to dispose knife from my kitchen.

Some get BB to "belong", some ping their future with it, but we should learn to live within our means, that should be the Lesson for everyone.
Re: Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? by MrRosh: 9:46am On Feb 23, 2012
Well I read a lot of p'ples posts and I must confess i am really impressed

I am a core hater of BB and an ardent lover of Samsung! but the fact remains i own a BB cause its the only mobile with handy Mobile Data plans well organised with less cost. I would love to go for a Galaxy S II but i dislike touch screens! Thats me.

I recently meet a lady who was feeling all too fly cause i approached her with my little Samsung dual sim and in the unusual chart she tried to put me off in the banking hall. When i made my withdrawal she suddenly picked interest when i collected the black nylon. then i began to wonder why all the forming. cant we simply be ourselves and live according to our means!

Its better to eat well and have fun than to flaunt an xpensice set, clad, watch, anything at all. This issue is not peculiar to BB. In church during xmas I realized that i looked shady pulling out my digital cam while almost everyone was with their ipad's then i thought to my self it depends on how you view things. They are using their devices you use yours and if you and got be yourself and be calm. Like i would say to my supervisor you didn't pay my educational fees so you should be cautious when saying somethings to me.

As simple as that.
Re: Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? by femoskiade: 9:51am On Feb 23, 2012
nothing in life is truly a blessing or a curse, how you use those things determines if it's a blessing or a curse
Re: Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? by 2kurupt(m): 9:57am On Feb 23, 2012
@OP, it ain't nairaland's fault dat your gf dumped you coz you can't buy bb & mexican hair for her. Shet happens!
Re: Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? by Emeka72(m): 10:14am On Feb 23, 2012
I don't use Black-Berry; I see it as a liability.
Re: Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? by Moremony: 11:40am On Feb 23, 2012
damoskiy:

2. Your mum cant afford to feed ur sibling wit enuf meal and u wear a brazilian hair of 40k.
4.your parents cant afford to pay monthly p.h.c.n bills but you pay ur b.i.s monthly.
What is this whole madness about? Forming is temporary but class is permanent, Swag won't pay ur bills in 10yrz time, Swaga no be style, na personality:s/smiley

YOU ARE STRAIGHT TO THE POINT, GOD BLESS YOU,
Re: Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? by Moremony: 11:59am On Feb 23, 2012
Even when you buy knife to help with your kitchen activities, some use the same knife to kill, that will not be reason for me to dispose knife from my kitchen.

Some get BB to "belong", some ping their future with it, but we should learn to live within our means, that should be the Lesson for everyone.

[quote][/quote]

THIS IS SENSIBLE
Re: Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 23, 2012
Moremony:

YOU ARE STRAIGHT TO THE POINT, GOD BLESS YOU,
That's it,

damoskiy:

What is this whole madness about? Forming is temporary but class is permanent,  Swag won't pay ur bills in 10yrz time, Swaga no be style, na personality:s/smiley
People who don't read posts before writing should please read this guy's summary, isn't this utmost stupidity and irresponsibility?

Who said I am against BB? I am only saying, why compromise the need to use a particular money for better planning and business that would turnover more money for you with the craze to own a BB that you can't afford both the BB and its monthly subscriptions? Think, read, reason before you respond to people's topics, God bless you my friend, you are very reasonable,
Re: Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? by banks44(m): 12:15pm On Feb 23, 2012
Its only in Nigeria that people will do anything to get material things. Our mentality is so warped that if you do not own flashy things, you are regarded as a failure. And that's why we fail to develop as a country because no one thinks outside the box. Nigerians suffer from a herd mentality where one ignorant fool leads other fools like him and they fail to question why he's leading them. BlackBerry phones are expensive, even in developed countries and they pay for them in monthly installments. In England for example, a Blackberry bold 9900 is on £36 per month (around N8500 a month) and you pay that for 24months (comes with minutes and internet though). That is a lot of money for the average British person when added to other bills, electric, television,  water, mortgage repayments, groceries, broadband etc. No one goes to pay £500 (N123,000) to buy one phone in England! We pay for them on monthly contracts. And that is supposed to be a giant economy. Nigeria is a developing country with astronomical poverty rates, yet you see them clutching BB phones everywhere. They say employment is high and graduates have no job, yet they own expensive phones. Who is fooling who? If you are struggling financially (which is not an offence), you should try to cater for your basic needs first and then material things later. Always separate your Needs from your Wants. That's very crucial. Blackberrys are Wants if you are struggling to put food on your table or pay your rent. But it could be a Need if you own a business and want to keep up with your clients and advertise to get more customers. You have to determine your own status. You may own a Nokia 3310 today, but you may have more focus and common sense than someone who's every thought is dominated by vanity and materialism. Remember always, the end will justify the means. Look to the future and not the moment. Don't get carried away. BB is not everything. Many Nigerians are shallow minded and only think of how to impress their neighbours, even if they have to steal. And that's one reason why corruption is endemic in the country, it is almost as if its written in our DNA. It is our culture to show-off and use a loudspeaker to shout how rich we are. It is not only stupid, but ignorant. Without us freeing ourselves from this shackle of vanity, we will never develop as a country. Forget the government now, we are over 160million people, the people in government are less than 200,000. Yet we say government is the problem. We are our own worst enemies in Nigeria. My 2cents.
Re: Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? by yme1(f): 1:02pm On Feb 23, 2012
As much as there are many peeps who own BB for BB's sake there are also loads who own it for important reasons too
I gave you substantial reasons to why I own a BB and you said NA WASH
that shows how much of a low one sided thinker you are.
Stop generalizing, where there is disadvantage, advantage also precede it cool
Re: Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? by ogwumgbe: 4:08pm On Feb 23, 2012
Nigerians are the most mental bankrupt people on planet earth. Their attachment to mundane things is alarming. They just need mind recycling

1 Like

Re: Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? by Nobody: 5:56am On Feb 24, 2012
Re: Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? by 234GT(m): 7:59am On Feb 24, 2012
I used to hate the blackberry until my younger brother bought one. I saw all he could do for a paltry 1500 per month and I am thinking of getting one. The only thing holding me back for now is that bbs dont have fm radios. I would still buy one anyway. Its the CHEAPEST means of communication.
Re: Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? by coolestboy(m): 9:08am On Feb 24, 2012
@ poster, u're hitting d point, i discovered dt almost all nairaland ladies(not all) are against u just becoz dey are all dsame. Ladies are d one wrecking men of their financial lifes and disturbing d country's economical advancement. Out of 1000 ladies usin bb, 900 acquires it tru dia p**sy, 90 were pampered with it by friends n family, only d remaining 10 bought it wit dia money.
BB IS MORE DAN A CURSE 2 NIGERIANS.
Re: Black Berry Handset- A Blessing Or A Curse To Nigerians? by poweredcom(m): 8:22pm On Feb 24, 2012
@ poster, u're hitting d point, i discovered dt almost all nairaland ladies(not all) are against u just becoz dey are all dsame. Ladies are d one wrecking men of their financial lifes and disturbing d country's economical advancement. Out of 1000 ladies usin bb, 900 acquires it tru dia p**sy, 90 were pampered with it by friends n family, only d remaining 10 bought it wit dia money.
BB IS MORE DAN A CURSE 2 NIGERIANS

Gbam truth bro, Blackberry is nothing just a phone, who cares bout pinging i see it as childish, on duty, unless i have a business person that makes me to get one on the course of making bar., at least that business go put food and clothes for my back

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download Latest Blackberry OS 10.3.3.2049 Autoloader / iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign / Why You Will Never Guess A Correct Recharge Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.