Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,262 members, 7,970,936 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 06:09 PM

Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout (44749 Views)

Man Batters Wife Over Sex For More Children / Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / Lagos Traditional Ruler Assaults Wife Over Phone Call (Battered Wife Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by rhymz(m): 8:13pm On Mar 03, 2012
pro01:

^^

Yuk my broda. That's just grisly. The thought of it freaks me out. I'd prefer an actual human, nubile female - thank you very much. [s]Actually, human (young and voluptuous) females aren't that bad. . .as long as one needs them only for physical intimacy and not for (long term) emotional, intellectual or spiritual purposes [*chuckles*].[/s] Silicone mannequins can never be a viable option.
lol. . .did you read the part where they say it has %98.9 of human skin texture. . .or the sensual body sensors that makes it moan seductively to ur ears. . What the fact it can give you over 30 exciting sexual positions. Lol. .and you think many wont see it as a viable option? Com'on, if a man can ne sexually turned on by the strong butts of a fellow man na this near human-like mannequin im no go com fall for . . . Funny but true, yukky but very very viable. I see men buying it to spite their wives . . Lol
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by TV01(m): 8:30pm On Mar 03, 2012
debosky:

Sagamite a pre-nup is different from car insurance or making alternative plans to get to a destination.
You dare question Saga' logic shocked? Ah!

debosky:

The two latter examples is protecting yourself from external, unknown factors largely out of your control, while a pre-nup involves one party keeping separate what both are vowing to join together - it goes against the basic vows of marriage of 'what is mine is yours'.
The essence of marriage has been lost to many. Without understanding and embracing that - even intuitively - a lot of the value can be lost. It means the benefits are not fully grasped and people are more likely to not commit to it or give up if there are problems.

debosky:

If, however, both parties willingly want a pre-nup, then it is a mutually understood basis for the relationship might be a good thing in my view.
I find the notion counter-intuitive. "I will spend the rest of my life with you and give all that I have. For better, for worse etc". "But oh yeah if it doesn't go right, I won't re-double my efforts and search myself, I'll take my stuff and go"! It's almost like second guessing yourelf before you even guess?

debosky:

Why? Because it removes the fear, suspicion and attempts to hide things from one's partner when problems occur in a relationship. If you know the other person can't cheat you, then you're free to devote yourself fully and be open because they can't take it away from you.
Hmmm, isn't it encouraging the possibility of divorce by bringing it to the fore? By making it a more readily available and clear-cut option when problems come? Divorce should be be a very last resort if at all. Why not discuss and agree recourse to structures, counselling or other remedial measures. Divorce is not a corrective measure, it's a destuctive one. If one feels one is best served by being able to exit a marriage with their worldly goods, quite frankly, they really don't get it and should probably not have been in it in the first place.

Best
TV
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Theblessed(f): 9:52pm On Mar 03, 2012
[b][size=20pt]What kind of a man is this that came here to disrespect his mother, his grandmother, his sisters, aunties, nieces and cousins by showing their 'Butts' on here to the world?? And, I ask, who would ever find happiness, marrying this kind? angry

What a sad man, you are?? Pity!!

What a sad and confused man you really, are! And not only are you sad but also, greedy and wicked.

Imagine how low you stooped to disgrace all the females in your family, just to make a point - shame on you!!!

It goes to show how low you'd stoop to prevent a woman you loved and married - the mother of your own children from getting her divorce settlement if it happens to you - you could even murder or kill her cold blooded for asking for divorce let alone - settlement.

You are, a disgusting and evil man - a messenger of satan sent here on Nairaland to capture some weak souls for his  kingdom of darkness - And you all, who like this sort of a thing will rot in hell, soon!!

Sure already, some weak minds on N/L have started placing an order for their mothers plastic, shame on you all!

Since Miss Plastic is the only way out and solution to the marital hell, most marriages experience and also, an avoidance strategy for paying out divorce settlements perhaps, Miss Plastic would would also, cook your meals, run the home and resolve your need for an "HEIR" for that your silly dirty kingdom? I mean, someone to takeover that your silly kpako when you finally depart to hell! 

Or, are you going to look for a "LIVE" Barbie to perform that role, Mr clever?  You dare not contact any living being of a woman for that role else, the day you dare, would be your last - hypocrite. 

Keep riding your plastic horse, evil wankerpervert!! angry angry
[/size][/b]
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by desertboom(m): 10:44pm On Mar 03, 2012
@Theblessed. . . Theblessed indeed. After reading your written junk, I really felt pity for your husband only if you have one. The way you've acted/behave on this thread does not speak good about you. What make you think you're any better with your arrogant and know-it-all attitude? You're not any better than a motor park tout. So, even somebody like you (with your useless attitude) will ask for settlement upon divorce too? No wonder, you dey sound like greedy goat. Please, go off this thread if you've got nothing to offer. Mumu she-goat like you
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by debosky(m): 11:24pm On Mar 03, 2012
TV01:

Hmmm, isn't it encouraging the possibility of divorce by bringing it to the fore? By making it a more readily available and clear-cut option when problems come?

I don't think so - if majority of the 50% of western marriages endingin divorce didn't need prenups to encourage divorce, then it's sufficiently to the fore. Furthermore the absence of prenups haven't dissuaded the divorces either - people are often so desperate to leave they'll pay nearly anything to be free.

Divorce should be be a very last resort if at all. Why not discuss and agree recourse to structures, counselling or other remedial measures.

I don't see getting a prenup as precluding having all of the above - my view is that it needs to be mutual to give the marriage any hope. Despite some widely held views that divorce is glibly entered into, I think couples still try to make things work before giving in.

Divorce is not a corrective measure, it's a destuctive one. If one feels one is best served by being able to exit a marriage with their worldly goods, quite frankly, they really don't get it and should probably not have been in it in the first place.

I disagree - if you are indeed worse off emotionally, physically, etc by remaining in the marriage, divorce is indeed corrective. I try to be realistic and in my view people aren't thinking they are best served by getting divorced with their money intact, it's more a case of salvaging something from an disastrous situation.

If I've lost my peace of mind, family relationships, etc from a relationship breakdown, I shouldn't have to suffer financially as well.

I'm not in support of divorces or prenups either, but I do understand the rationale and I don't think it's necessarily selfish.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 12:24am On Mar 04, 2012
Kutey:

Ehrm ,  TV01 remember the phrase: "Never argue with an 1diot , they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

That is why we keep debating with a person like you that can't defend your moronic statements to a minimum. You don't need to warn us any further, cretin.

debosky:

Sagamite a pre-nup is different from car insurance or making alternative plans to get to a destination.

The two latter examples is protecting yourself from external, unknown factors largely out of your control,

I believe a prenup is protecting you against external factors largely out of your control and helping you gain more control. The only difference is it is a known factor.

debosky:

while a pre-nup involves one party keeping separate what both are vowing to join together - it goes against the basic vows of marriage of 'what is mine is yours'.

If you vow to join together, good for you.

I am not vowing to join together, I am sharing together (i.e. with the terms and conditions of being together). And I retain the privilege to stop sharing when those terms and conditions are broken. It makes more sense.

I am confident enough to change the basic vows of marriage. I do not need to abide myself by the intrinsic and tacit basic vows created by others (worse still, medieval people in my current world). Just like I refuse to let my life be guided by some religion created by some delusional medieval people or cultures created by some illiterate and ignorant buffoons. I choose and mix what works for me like if I was in Woolworth buying sweets. I create my own basic vows with aplomb. I will analyse what tradition has on offer, evaluate and pick the ones that make sense, and revamp the one that does not. If something does not work for me, I find something that is expedient, I don't sit down and say "this is how it is traditionally done". That is where and why I am unique, special and sexy.

Remember what I told you at that wedding? I said, if I was the one I would not be sitting at the Gallant Couple's Chair doing nothing, being redundant and just smiling for about 3 hours. It made no sense to me. I would stand up and mix with my friends and family; eat and joke with them by going round tables at intervals, instead of saying "Oh, couples are suppose to sit in the spotlight like statues" because some wedding planner or tradition thinks it is cute.

I create my own expedient and pragmatic rules that make more sense rather than stick to senseless, static traditions! I am Sagamite from OriSagamuEwa!

debosky:

If, however, both parties willingly want a pre-nup, then it is a mutually understood basis for the relationship might be a good thing in my view.

Why? Because it removes the fear, suspicion and attempts to hide things from one's partner when problems occur in a relationship. If you know the other person can't cheat you, then you're free to devote yourself fully and be open because they can't take it away from you.

If any woman, no wan sign. She is free to move on. No be by force na. I no go break law and kidnap persin.

TV01:

No, no, no. "The Sagman" is altogether a great guy, otherwise I wouldn't bother. He just needs a lil' nudge to fully appreciate that the human dynamic  - life even - and particular the marriage relationship is not a business transaction and not optimised  by "control", risk mitigation, algorithmic logic,etc. etc.

The pool of  5% on the male side is to shallow to allow an inherently good one like Sag to not get snapped up grin. His concerns though are valid, I'm just trying to help address them.

Very shortly Saga is going to stare that fear in the face and get his. Can't wait.

Best
TV

Mate, with my intellect, I am in the 0.0001% of men o. Not 5%.

I am a God on Earth, no denying it. I would be rude if I denied it.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by omar22(m): 9:23am On Mar 04, 2012
Thank God no one here would be present in the family court, and I am quite sure she would keep her $21m
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 9:51am On Mar 04, 2012
desertboom:

@Theblessed. . .  Theblessed indeed. After reading your written  junk, I really felt pity for your husband only if you have one. The way you've acted/behave on this thread does not speak good about you. What make you think you're any better with your arrogant and know-it-all attitude? You're not any better than a motor park tout. So, even somebody like you (with your useless attitude) will ask for settlement upon divorce too? No wonder, you dey sound like greedy goat. Please, go off this thread if you've got nothing to offer. Mumu she-goat like you  

You are not serious!

You are not a serious man at all!

You think that thing can have a husband?

My friend, no offend me!

debosky:

I don't see getting a prenup as precluding having all of the above - my view is that it needs to be mutual to give the marriage any hope. Despite some widely held views that divorce is glibly entered into, I think couples still try to make things work before giving in.

That is why I said at the slightest whiff of serious or angry objection to my request for prenup, I would retract my offer of marriage.

I am a pragmatist. Dem no born me with persin. If I no dey, she would find someone else to be with.

TV01:

The essence of marriage has been lost to many. Without understanding and embracing that - even intuitively - a lot of the value can be lost. It means the benefits are not fully grasped and people are more likely to not commit to it or give up if there are problems.
I find the notion counter-intuitive. "I will spend the rest of my life with you and give all that I have. For better, for worse etc". "But oh yeah if it doesn't go right, I won't re-double my efforts and search myself, I'll take my stuff and go"! It's almost like second guessing yourelf before you even guess?

I will challenge you on this.

Hello, bruv. I am sorry to say: Marriage has never been, by and large, some wonderful institution from time immemorial. It has always been generally faulty. I really don't know what essence of marriage you refer to. The benefits of marriage has historically been detrimental to one party: the woman. From the stone ages to recent history, they had the short end of the stick. Marriage has never been good. Women stuck around because they usually depended on the man financially and for social respect. The marriage of our ancestors and even the generations closer to us is filled with men having extra-marital affairs and offsprings outside marriage, especially those living in big habitats (e.g. cities) and are decently wealthy enough, and the wives accepted it. The unwealthy ones used whores and beat their wives. Majority of the long-term, so-called successful marriages of some recent generation gone-by we tend to point to are not immune from this fact as well. If the woman is of high-society or aristocracy back in the day then there are numerous cases of infidelity as well because they tend to be the beautiful ones and/or less dependent on her husband's finances since they live in circles of men with means that can replace him. Go and read about Roman women for example. Societies tried to use religion to control these but mostly only applied it to the women.

Essence of marriage? A lot of women have been miserable in marriage but hang on. Now that women are no more dependent on the man financially or for social respect, we have a relationship culture flux, hence the rise in divorces.

So when you refer to the "Essence of Marriage that is forgotten", all I can think of is an obedient, subservient wife sticking to it for better, for worse while the husband ruled at home and shagged his life out outside when he felt like. I have no interest in making anyone miserable for my own happiness.

The essence of marriage you refer to are fantansies written in Mills and Boons or practiced my a very small minority of pious individuals with fear of Hell. It was never the norm. The muslims just said "Fck it. Man take 4 wives and stop your greediness".

This is the real world, not Fantasia.

TV01:

Hmmm, isn't it encouraging the possibility of divorce by bringing it to the fore? By making it a more readily available and clear-cut option when problems come? Divorce should be be a very last resort if at all. Why not discuss and agree recourse to structures, counselling or other remedial measures. Divorce is not a corrective measure, it's a destuctive one. If one feels one is best served by being able to exit a marriage with their worldly goods, quite frankly, they really don't get it and should probably not have been in it in the first place.

Best
TV

I don't think you really like reality. You really refuse to realise you have no control over the mentality and decision of others.

What if your partner does not want to discuss and recourse the structures?

What if your partner are not interested in counselling and other remedial measures because they are simply not interested anymore?

Let me guess. You would say you know that would not happen, you have selected carefully after 3 months?

You tend to ignore biology and facts and stick with some populist idealism.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by rhymz(m): 11:47am On Mar 04, 2012
Theblessed:

[b][size=20pt]What kind of a man is this that came here to disrespect his mother, his grandmother, his sisters, aunties, nieces and cousins by showing their 'Butts' on here to the world?? And, I ask, who would ever find happiness, marrying this kind? angry

What a sad man, you are?? Pity!!

What a sad and confused man you really, are! And not only are you sad but also, greedy and wicked.

Imagine how low you stooped to disgrace all the females in your family, just to make a point - shame on you!!!

It goes to show how low you'd stoop to prevent a woman you loved and married - the mother of your own children from getting her divorce settlement if it happens to you - you could even murder or kill her cold blooded for asking for divorce let alone - settlement.

You are, a disgusting and evil man - a messenger of satan sent here on Nairaland to capture some weak souls for his  kingdom of darkness - And you all, who like this sort of a thing will rot in hell, soon!!

Sure already, some weak minds on N/L have started placing an order for their mothers plastic, shame on you all!

Since Miss Plastic is the only way out and solution to the marital hell, most marriages experience and also, an avoidance strategy for paying out divorce settlements perhaps, Miss Plastic would would also, cook your meals, run the home and resolve your need for an "HEIR" for that your silly dirty kingdom? I mean, someone to takeover that your silly kpako when you finally depart to hell! 

Or, are you going to look for a "LIVE" Barbie to perform that role, Mr clever?  You dare not contact any living being of a woman for that role else, the day you dare, would be your last - hypocrite. 

Keep riding your plastic horse, evil wankerpervert!! angry angry
[/size][/b]
Hahahahaha. . . Who is this female M'Oron ranting because there is competition? BIATCH!! Are you afraid of Competition. . Lol.
Let me advise you, Miss Nincompoop, instead of screaming in ignorance and unneccessary bitterness, you had better braze yourself up for a stiff competition from those very "Adorable Barbies". Wait until Neuro-scientists fix them with human-like brains and they are able to do more than just "4UCK" up your chances at getting an undeserved wealth from a greedy divorce settlement.
By the way, why are you even mad sef, don't you female folks and freaks "fill some Gaps with Em Vibrators & Dildos?" na who don call you evil and freaky? Oh mehn, see this Ugly player hating person O!!!
I see a lot of married but unhappy men bringing it home just to piss the hell outta their greedy wives. . I can't wait to see their faces and reaction. Hahahahahahahahahhaha
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by harakiri(m): 12:16pm On Mar 04, 2012
It's not surprising that the most of the ladies on this forum see "nothing wrong" in what the wife is doing. If it was the other way round, it would have been a bloodbath. . .they would call the man all sorts of unprintable names.

***[s]Guys will see these kind of things happening and still decide to get married based on "love"[/s]***
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by desertboom(m): 12:25pm On Mar 04, 2012
@harakiri. . . It's because most of the women commenting here are greedy. Bros, where have you been? I've been searching everywhere on this site for you.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by harakiri(m): 12:31pm On Mar 04, 2012
desertboom:

@harakiri. . . It's because most of the women commenting here are greedy. Bros, where have you been? I've been searching everywhere on this site for you.

I went on a "sabbatical". . .lol grin grin cool How you dey?
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by desertboom(m): 12:35pm On Mar 04, 2012
I dey fine o. Welcome back onboard bros
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by moHot(f): 2:24pm On Mar 04, 2012
@RYHMZ

rhymz:

Here is a very viable solution.
All you need is $6000, this would be the best $6000 you'd ever
spend.
These are pictures of a Swedish doll
made of silicone.
The texture of the skin is similar to
99.8% of the human
skin.
It will last two years if used constantly
and
consistently every day.
Completely adjustable to any position
you want.
There are 100 sensors spread around the
body.
There are 30 sensors on the private
parts.
Each sensor makes her move in a specific
way,
up to 20 positions.
On penetration she emits a light gentle
sound that
echoes gently in your ears.
Comes with inbuilt sound in the throat
and recognizes
up to 16 commands that are extremely
personal up
to two meters away from her ears,
When there is any type of pulsation
sensed in her
private parts she emits light moans of
stimulation.
Above all that she gets wet with a slight
touch over
any of the sensors.
Most important, she has a voice
password which
should be protected from disclosure.
Principal characteristics:
She has three entries (womanly , BehindBased, and
oral)
She can move her head in any direction
you choose.
Completely customizable to your liking
so you can
choose the following:
SIZE
HEIGHT
SKIN COLOR
EYES COLOR
HAIR COLOR
PUBIC HAIR COLOR OR COMPLETELY
SHAVEN.
NUMEROUS ADVANTAGES AND FEW
DISADVANTAGES.
ADVANTAGES,
She does not speak
She does not get fat
She never has periods
She does not pass gas
She never goes shopping
She does not get pregnant
She does not have a mother
She never ever gets headaches
She does not go to the hairdresser
She does not watch soaps or Oprah
She does not care what we watch on TV
She does not frequent internet chat
rooms
She will never get elderly human
physical attributes
She will not get jealous if you bring
home another
woman
She will not nag if you go out and she
won't care
when you return
she will never ask for half of your wealth in the case of a divorce
she will never make stewpid arguments like queensmith and co. . .

*faint in a court room**

wikced wicked wicked grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by TV01(m): 7:17pm On Mar 04, 2012
Sagamite:

I will challenge you on this.

Hello, bruv. I am sorry to say: Marriage has never been, by and large, some wonderful institution from time immemorial. It has always been generally faulty. I really don't know what essence of marriage you refer to. The benefits of marriage has historically been detrimental to one party: the woman. From the stone ages to recent history, they had the short end of the stick. Marriage has never been good. Women stuck around because they usually depended on the man financially and for social respect. The marriage of our ancestors and even the generations closer to us is filled with men having extra-marital affairs and offsprings outside marriage, especially those living in big habitats (e.g. cities) and are decently wealthy enough, and the wives accepted it. The unwealthy ones used whores and beat their wives. Majority of the long-term, so-called successful marriages of some recent generation gone-by we tend to point to are not immune from this fact as well. If the woman is of high-society or aristocracy back in the day then there are numerous cases of infidelity as well because they tend to be the beautiful ones and/or less dependent on her husband's finances since they live in circles of men with means that can replace him. Go and read about Roman women for example. Societies tried to use religion to control these but mostly only applied it to the women.
I've touched on the fact that marriage has for many been an historically "abusive arrangement" and mostly by patriarchal/fundamentalist societies. It just means that the "essence" has been ignored/misunderstood for a long time by many.

Sagamite:

Essence of marriage? A lot of women have been miserable in marriage but hang on. Now that women are no more dependent on the man financially or for social respect, we have a relationship culture flux, hence the rise in divorces.
Per my above. The rise of female economical independance, "no-fault" divorce, readily available contraception and laws effectively penalising men in the event of a divorce means that essence is now subject to different pressures.

As is pretty obvious, my worldview is a Christian/Biblical one. 2'000 years ago it was written; "Husbands love your wives and wives respect your husbands". Your portrayal above does not even do what obtained justice. At the time women were little more than "chattel". The Christian concept of marriage was nothing short of transformational. The fact that even many "Christians" don't get it - then or now - does not make it's charge any less revolutionary. There is nothing wrong with the institution of marriage. The problem has always been with men and women.

Sagamite:

So when you refer to the "Essence of Marriage that is forgotten", all I can think of is an obedient, subservient wife sticking to it for better, for worse while the husband ruled at home and shagged his life out outside when he felt like. I have no interest in making anyone miserable for my own happiness.
Your comment here resonates so much with me. I witnessed this all around me growing up. I was very young when I decided that if marriage is essentially a licence for me to inflict myriad abuse on a women, I wanted no part of it. That wouldn't make even make me happy. It took me years to rediscover the essence and embrace it in its fullness.

Whatever men have perpetuated, regardless of what women inflict, understand the essence, find one who understands and grasps your articulation of it and marry. Write your own script.

Sagamite:

The essence of marriage you refer to are fantansies written in Mills and Boons or practiced my a very small minority of pious individuals with fear of Hell. It was never the norm. The muslims just said "Fck it. Man take 4 wives and stop your greediness".
I live it. Enuff said.
I have referenced the source of my worldview.

Sagamite:

This is the real world, not Fantasia.

I don't think you really like reality. You really refuse to realise you have no control over the mentality and decision of others.

What if your partner does not want to discuss and recourse the structures?

What if your partner are not interested in counselling and other remedial measures because they are simply not interested anymore?

Let me guess. You would say you know that would not happen, you have selected carefully after 3 months?

You tend to ignore biology and facts and stick with some populist idealism.
I don't want control. Neither do I want the "false comfort/control" of a prenup.
Train hard, fight easy! The essence had been shared, discussed and embraced beforehand. 2-3 months is an age  wink!
If we ever have recourse to a 3rd party in our home, I would consider that a disaster and a shame.
We have started as we mean to go on and are both mindful of and dilligent to ensure it gets stronger and sweeter.

I'm living this sir (not in Fantasia either, in south-east London grin!) and in my joy - and given what I suffered to lay hold of it - I want every able and willing man to experience the same.

Given the pressures we are both very much aware of, it's easy to be cynical, to simply opt out or to think some sort risk mitigation is required.
The way to mitigate risk is at the front-end. Have the right understanding, make yourself the right person, find another right person and do the right thing. Do this and you won't need a pre-nup. Taste marriage in it's essence, and not only will you feel silly for insisting on it, you'll do your damnedest to ensure you never have recourse to it.

Sagamite, I have no doubt you want to get married. I'm "here" if you would like more about specifics or just to share. I wish you all the very best.

God bless
TV
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by hannydarl(f): 11:42pm On Jul 07, 2012
ABeg iF the man was abusIve towards her in the marriagE then by all means let him pay up. She deserves every Dollar for the abuse suffereD while trying to makE things work. But, if she was the one giving him headache then I hope she does not get that much out of him. He deserves to keep his money and peace after she is gone.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Yorisb: 9:03am On Jul 08, 2012
hannydarl: ABeg iF the man was abusIve towards her in the marriagE then by all means let him pay up. She deserves every Dollar for the abuse suffereD while trying to makE things work. But, if she was the one giving him headache then I hope she does not get that much out of him. He deserves to keep his money and peace after she is gone.

If I understood u correctly, the Man would either lose or keep(?) some of HIS money anyway, whilst the woman would either gain/benefit prodigiously or lose nothing, at the very most?

Pray tell, If its good/bad enough for the Goose why is same not applicable to the Gander? Aha, I now know why......'Cos she's a woman? Save the rest jare! #Hisses.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 10:12pm On Jul 08, 2012
Yorisb:

If I understood u correctly, the Man would either lose or keep(?) some of HIS money anyway, whilst the woman would either gain/benefit prodigiously or lose nothing, at the very most?

Pray tell, If its good/bad enough for the Goose why is same not applicable to the Gander? Aha, I now know why......'Cos she's a woman? Save the rest jare! #Hisses.

That is logic in her world na. grin grin grin

Real Men would agree with her sharp, sharp. grin

hannydarl: ABeg iF the man was abusIve towards her in the marriagE then by all means let him pay up. She deserves every Dollar for the abuse suffereD while trying to makE things work. But, if she was the one giving him headache then I hope she does not get that much out of him. He deserves to keep his money and peace after she is gone.

Please explain to me why he has to pay her for abuse.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Yorisb: 12:05pm On Jul 09, 2012
Sagamite:

That is logic in her world na. grin grin grin

Real Men would agree with her sharp, sharp. grin

Frankly, I don taya for dis kinda selfishness, but then, Am not a rEaL Man.......thankfully!grin grin

Please explain to me why he has to pay her for abuse.

U go wait for [rational] answer taya. grin
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by hannydarl(f): 10:44pm On Jul 11, 2012
Ñ
Two scenarios yoUr son marries a woman who does not give a shit about family and home. She treats him badly and after thinking she will change for a long time he sees no change. decides to complain and then she says F you , hell I don't nEed all this monitoring I am leaving you and taking half your millions with me. Will you tell him to give her that money or you will argue for a fair sum for the kids sake.
Scene two, your daughter marries a guy who tells her she must quit her job and stay at home to look after the kids. She does everything to keep the home happy while he does little or nothing phySically or emotionally to run the home cos he is rich and thinks his money will keep her shut. If she gets tired and decides to leave will you not think its only fair for her to get as much as she can get from him? Hell if he was abusive like many nigerian men are then by all means let her get a million bucks for each slap, verbal insult and what Ever else she endured.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 2:49am On Jul 12, 2012
hannydarl: Ñ
Two scenarios yoUr son marries a woman who does not give a shit about family and home. She treats him badly and after thinking she will change for a long time he sees no change. decides to complain and then she says F you , hell I don't nEed all this monitoring I am leaving you and taking half your millions with me. Will you tell him to give her that money or you will argue for a fair sum for the kids sake.
Scene two, your daughter marries a guy who tells her she must quit her job and stay at home to look after the kids. She does everything to keep the home happy while he does little or nothing phySically or emotionally to run the home cos he is rich and thinks his money will keep her shut. If she gets tired and decides to leave will you not think its only fair for her to get as much as she can get from him? Hell if he was abusive like many nigerian men are then by all means let her get a million bucks for each slap, verbal insult and what Ever else she endured.

No!

I would think she should get what she worked for plus the opportunity cost of what she sacrificed.

It is not fair for her to get money she did not earn.

If he was slapping and she stayed with him, then she deserved the slaps. If she does not like it, she should have called the police.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by hannydarl(f): 6:57pm On Jul 12, 2012
@ sagamite
NwokEm you are right there but not 100% sha. I guess where she is from women are empowered and do not need to take abuse from spouses. If she was from one obscure village with parents poor as church rat and women treated a lil lower than cows I will understand she has nowhere to run to. But some women are fools when in love and need a strong and dedicated support group to open theire eyes that lovE should not cause pain.
Let the case be judged fairly.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 8:52pm On Jul 12, 2012
hannydarl: @ sagamite
NwokEm you are right there but not 100% sha. I guess where she is from women are empowered and do not need to take abuse from spouses. If she was from one obscure village with parents poor as church rat and women treated a lil lower than cows I will understand she has nowhere to run to. But some women are fools when in love and need a strong and dedicated support group to open theire eyes that lovE should not cause pain.
Let the case be judged fairly.

I have no pity for a woman living in an environment where there is enough support system to deal with domestic abusers but yet she refuses to use it. I have zero pity in that situation, she deserves it, that is what she wants. No excuses about "oh women are gentle", "oh, women can be manipulated". A foool is a fooool. And I hate foools.

The fair judgement is for both parties to walk away with what they worked for + any opportunity cost of sacrifices they made - any asset they are independently willing to give to ex.

People should not think by marrying someone hard working, they are entitled to their riches.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by ronkebp(f): 11:33pm On Jul 12, 2012
Sagamite: The fair judgement is for both parties to walk away with what they worked for + any opportunity cost of sacrifices they made - any asset they are independently willing to give to ex.

People should not think by marrying someone hard working, they are entitled to their riches.

Too bad the court and law do not agree with this...grin grin
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 4:52am On Jul 13, 2012
ronkebp:

Too bad the court and law do not agree with this...grin grin

That is why successful men and men with potential need a prenup so mooorons don't determine their fate. grin
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 4:56am On Jul 13, 2012
I think the smartest thing for women with prenup to do is to safe money, in a separate bank, while they're still married to their source of money.

A monthly saving of $15,000 will do.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 5:05am On Jul 13, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
I think the smartest thing for women with prenup to do is to save money, in a separate bank, while they're still married to their source of money.

That is her business. It does not bother me.

When the marriage comes to an end, I am not parting with more than she is entitled to plus what I am willing to give as extra.

My success (and any money that it generates) is completely and utterly dependent on my brain, abilities and the hard work I have put in in my life when I was young, not any woman.

If I don't marry her and marry someone else or even not marry at all, I would still have been successful, so no bunch of utter cretins should come and tell me the union contributed in any significant way to my success.

BS!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by ronkebp(f): 2:21pm On Jul 13, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
I think the smartest thing for women with prenup to do is to safe money, in a separate bank, while they're still married to their source of money.

Thank you!!!! i trust myself... grin grin grin Z-ACCOUNT will be breathing.....
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 13, 2012
Sagamite:

That is her business. It does not bother me.

When the marriage comes to an end, I am not parting with more than she is entitled to plus what I am willing to give as extra.

My success (and any money that it generates) is completely and utterly dependent on my brain, abilities and the hard work I have put in in my life when I was young, not any woman.

If I don't marry her and marry someone else or even not marry at all, I would still have been successful, so no bunch of utter cretins should come and tell me the union contributed in any significant way to my success.

BS!

LOL so much anger, Dr. Sagamite.

Shey you dey hide million dollars somewhere hmm?

You and Dayo just dey vex for this thread, but una no even get million dollars wey pesin (like me) wan steal.

Stop am o, haba! tongue

ronkebp:

Thank you!!!! i trust myself... grin grin grin Z-ACCOUNT will be breathing.....

lol abi jare
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 6:22pm On Jul 17, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

LOL so much anger, Dr. Sagamite.

Shey you dey hide million dollars somewhere hmm?

You and Dayo just dey vex for this thread, but una no even get million dollars wey pesin (like me) wan steal.

Stop am o, haba! tongue

lol abi jare

Millions of dollars are guaranteed and destined my way without a shadow of a doubt and it is due to my brain. I will not allow some moronic legal system tell me it was due to my marriage.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 17, 2012
is the guy really a "billionaire" in £, $ or € ?! meaning wealth of over 1000 millions in any of these currency?!
if it is so then he should quickly settle and pay up the 21milla which is clearly CHICKEN CHANGE, unless heis not as wealthy as he claims to be.

(sorry i couldnt read through 9 pages of replies)
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Battles British Wife Over $21million Divorce Payout by Sagamite(m): 8:46pm On Jul 17, 2012
MRbrownJAY: is the guy really a "billionaire" in £, $ or € ?! meaning wealth of over 1000 millions in any of these currency?!
if it is so then he should quickly settle and pay up the 21milla which is clearly CHICKEN CHANGE, unless heis not as wealthy as he claims to be.

(sorry i couldnt read through 9 pages of replies)

Why?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply)

Am I Responsible For The Pregnancy Or It Is A Setup? / Tattoo: Not Under My Roof — Ireland-Based Nigerian Mum Scolds Daughter (Video) / My Sister Is Married To The Most Chronic Cheat Ever. Please I Need Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 180
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.