Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,134 members, 7,887,280 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:45 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4539646 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1140) (1141) (1142) (1143) (1144) (1145) (1146) ... (2250) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:13am On Apr 27, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
correct bros u don dey field oooh i salute ....2007..unfortunely i encourage them to buy shares of bank ipo ....zenith, first bank survive but phd , skye , oceanic went busrt

Nospetco was actually consistent with payments for about 2 years, most people reinvested their funds, a lot of retirees invested their severance package. Tens of billions of Naira are still trapped in Nospetco.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:14am On Apr 27, 2020
9jatriot:
I know you wrote many other things but you seem determined to pepper people with this side chick matter.
Anyway back to the matter, at the core of many people here is the love for free money.

You will pick what is most important to you from the write up.

Live and let live.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:16am On Apr 27, 2020
I refuse to move to lekki despite the fact i can afford it ...i didnt want to be subconsiously drag into catching up with the jones symdrome....once am in the mainland i dont notice my car but if i enter lekki wahala dont start...i start wondering oga wetin u dey do with this honda 2013 when u mates!!!!! They drive benz 2019 and range ....so after staying for 3 months i had to move ...i didnt want to be paying 700 naira to wash 1 shirt in a lundary 2000 to barb ....now i pay 400 to barb and 150 per shit home delivery

27 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 9:22am On Apr 27, 2020
I am actually not against him, I was covertly making reference to that guy who want ballistic because of the issue.
Anyway, your advice is noted.

emmanuelewumi:

You will pick what is most important to you from the write up.

Live and let live.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:23am On Apr 27, 2020
I wll never like lekki cos of person there trying to appear rich by force rent a bq for 1m and parking a g wangon ....i attend a club on Admirality where a lot of gwagons are park ....so i try to mingle to understand what sort of business bring in this money or is just a hype...few i could identify came from wealthy home but are not rich per say but can inherit lot of wealth from daddy in future...others are yahoo people and scammer , other want to belong by force ( when income cant match expense)...they hardly discus investments .....only how to look good , enjoy and flex...

23 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by talk2tonie: 9:27am On Apr 27, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
I refuse to move to lekki despite the fact i can afford it ...i didnt want to be subconsiously drag into catching up with the jones symdrome....once am in the mainland i dont notice my car but if i enter lekki wahala dont start...i start wondering oga wetin u dey do with this honda 2013 when u mates!!!!! They drive benz 2019 and range ....so after staying for 3 months i had to move ...i didnt want to be paying 700 naira to wash 1 shirt in a lundary 2000 to barb ....now i pay 400 to barb and 150 per shit home delivery

This is me..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 9:28am On Apr 27, 2020
9jatriot:
I know you wrote many other things but you seem determined to pepper people with this side chick matter.
Anyway back to the matter, at the core of many people here is the love for free money.

grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:28am On Apr 27, 2020
Those guy in international trade fair , apapa depots , ports , alaba ,lagos island are the real nigga ...they own several propeties (not loan) they ship a 40 ft container with goods wort 100 of millions ....they trade their way to riches and could buy up those small rats in lekki trying to appear rich .... ( Nb there are genuinely rich people in lekki) many from abroad....

15 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:38am On Apr 27, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

And pay school fees of 600k and above per term on your 3 year child. About N2 million per annum

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:39am On Apr 27, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Nospetco was actually consistent with payments for about 2 years, most people reinvested their funds, a lot of retirees invested their severance package. Tens of billions of Naira are still trapped in Nospetco.

oga we where trading oil together with the zaria born Alhaji cos there was i window of oppurnity....if u buy 1m liters of pms for MRS oil their will be a discount of 3 naira ....so u get u bank for o.d of 59m naira for 1m litres they u tradw to small buyers at 63naira then they take to filling station at 65...everbody was happy ..but Nospecto found out he could get capital from the public directly ( not through sec) they could have come clean and raise equity professionally but they used the fixed income strategy to lure people ....but his business was not steady income was not graurantee so why wil returns by fixed

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tvegas(m): 9:40am On Apr 27, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
he told me that i didnt observe the carpet grass and palm trees are all dead and paints peeling off cos he was now on this 100k govt salary...so he sold he house for 38ml

Never too late to correct ones way and start the journey to financial independence.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:42am On Apr 27, 2020
This expansion plan need about a billion to roll out several station and lease a depot then attempt to make a profit ..but no they turn a capital raising to a pyramid schems ....and stop trading oil cos he was just a speculator....4 bn is still traped
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:45am On Apr 27, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
oga we where trading oil together with the zaria born Alhaji cos there was i window of oppurnity....if u buy 1m liters of pms for MRS oil their will be a discount of 3 naira ....so u get u bank for o.d of 59m naira for 1m litres they u tradw to small buyers at 63naira then they take to filling station at 65...everbody was happy ..but Nospecto found out he could get capital from the public directly ( not through sec) they could have come clean and raise equity professionally but they used the fixed income strategy to lure people ....but his business was not steady income was not graurantee so why wil returns by fixed

I didn't invest because the payment was not sustainable by my own calculation. They bought some trucks plying the roads of Lagos to give a semblance of authenticity to their operations. Payments from new Investors were used to pay existing Investors.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:48am On Apr 27, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

And pay school fees of 600k and above per term on your 3 year child. About N2 million per annum
while the once in queen college are more brilliant ...one have been piling loans to keep up we went to British i school lekki the man paid 3.5 as part payment but they sent the girl home after grace period remaining 2.4m ....oga move this kid to canada if u say na oyinbo must teach am

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:51am On Apr 27, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

I didn't invest because the payment was not sustainable by my own calculation. They bought some trucks plying the roads of Lagos to give a semblance of authenticity to their operations. Payments from new Investors were used to pay existing Investors.
we had only 3 trucks ...we gave him 12 for hire he went ahead to brand them ...so we forcefully withdraw our fleets ...all his station where also lease....only 1 in zaria that belong to him

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:58am On Apr 27, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
while the once in queen college are more brilliant ...one have been piling loans to keep up we went to British i school lekki the man paid 3.5 as part payment but they sent the girl home after grace period remaining 2.4m ....oga move this kid to canada if u say na oyinbo must teach am

I have no issue with people who can conviniently afford such school fees and have extra to Invest. Anybody earning N24 million per annum with 3 children, a tenant at Lekki using 2 car on credit, will struggle to meet up with such expenses and can't have N4 million saved and invested every year

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:05am On Apr 27, 2020
The status quo is so real that people find it difficult to downgrade if a service becomes too expensive for you to cope with. Some parents come together to even sue schools that they should not increase their school fees and must not send their children away from school

See me see wahala?

What happens to withdrawing your children from such schools? They can't because of status symbol attached to sending your children to certain schools. Withdrawing your children from such schools will be termed retrogression, so they are suffering and smiling.

Some parents boasts to their friends and those who care to listen about the millions of Naira they spend on school fees every year

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:08am On Apr 27, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

I have no issue with people who can conviniently afford such school fees and have extra to Invest. Anybody earning N24 million per annum with 3 children, a tenant at Lekki using 2 car on credit, will struggle to meet up with such expenses and can't have N4 million saved and invested every year
only a few earn that around that Neigbourhood...majority want to appear rich and flashy some have income to achieve it 60 percents other na by fire
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:12am On Apr 27, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
The status quo is so real that people find it difficult to downgrade if a service becomes too expensive for you to cope with. Some parents come together to even sue schools that they should not increase their school fees and must not send their children away from school

See me see wahala?

What happens to withdrawing your children from such schools? They can't because of status symbol attached to sending your children to certain schools. Withdrawing your children from such schools will be termed retrogression, so they are suffering and smiling.

Some parents boosts to their friends and those who care to listen about the millions of Naira they spend on school fees every year
now bis is 6.5 now with devalution to 380-450..school fees go enter 10m them go soon close that school or na 99 percent dollar earn white go remain and billionaire Nigeria ...but knew billionares are not spring up since 2015 the old one done train kids finish

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 27, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

We can't have it all, there are four major resources which we all need to have

Money
Time
Health
Relationship.

If you have the four you don't lack

Altbough if you have the first two you can acquire the other two and many more like knowledge, wisdom etc..

Last 3 are constants, number 4 is the variable but to what number before one is termed rich. We all have 24hrs, we all had or are still having good health and we all have relationships. Every "Stella has a Johnny". People die just because of the word rich and yet can't define rich. I only want to know the boundaries but if there is non then orientations must change. Quest for riches should be minimized as I have witnessed the "rich" cry and the "poor" rejoice. Who is a rich man?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:08am On Apr 27, 2020
Barrytone:

Last 3 are constants, number 4 is the variable but to what number before one is termed rich. We all have 24hrs, we all had or are still having good health and we all have relationships. Every "Stella has a Johnny". People die just because of the word rich and yet can't define rich. I only want to know the boundaries but if there is non then orientations must change. Quest for riches should be minimized as I have witnessed the "rich" cry and the "poor" rejoice. Who is a rich man?

The rich cry, the cry of the poor is more severe

For every rich who is crying, over 100 poor people are crying hopelessly

Money gives us options to an extent

16 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 11:11am On Apr 27, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

my oga, u r right on point, simple life is very easy to sustain, class musnt mean u will live on the island. I once met a guy in banana island, he lives in a rented apartment there, pays 6m yearly, drives one vintage benz like this, cant remember the brand, but no money. the day we entered his sitting room, my guy no get chair. he is into real estate but hasn't picked. why not manage first till u hammer.

highbrow areas doesn't freak me one bit, I live in asaba and land here goes for around 15-30m(100by100 ft) in the supposed highbrow areas(core area, Dbs road, cabinet road etc for those who know) so I went to ibusa road bought 200 by 100 for 5m, am going to build a small villa inside, with gardens etc...…. they should live in the million naira land. but the funny thing is when u drive pass these core areas in the hot afternoon, u''ll see their windows open and curtain shifted to one side. WHY..... grin.

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 11:23am On Apr 27, 2020
zamirikpo:

my oga, u r right on point, simple life is very easy to sustain, class musnt mean u will live on the island. I once met a guy in banana island, he lives in a rented apartment there, pays 6m yearly, drives one vintage benz like this, cant remember the brand, but no money. the day we entered his sitting room, my guy no get chair. he is into real estate but hasn't picked. why not manage first till u hammer.

highbrow areas doesn't freak me one bit, I live in asaba and land here goes for around 15-30m(100by100 ft) in the supposed highbrow areas(core area, Dbs road, cabinet road etc for those who know) so I went to ibusa road bought 200 by 100 for 5m, am going to build a small villa inside, with gardens etc...…. they should live in the million naira land. but the funny thing is when u drive pass these core areas in the hot afternoon, u''ll see their windows open and curtain shifted to one side. WHY..... grin.

Also,why is it that the chances of raising proper children in the kind of areas you bought a property is very slim and you can barely sleep at night for fear of 1 million boys jumping in to perforate your ass?
Good things are good and I notice a trend here on this thread and likewise Nigeria,people beneath others in terms of social strata like to make fun of them and point out most of their deeds as foolishness.Well time will tell.
And who judges someone financially by how his living room is arranged? undecided
Someone lives in a property he probably bought in hundreds of millions and then opens a window to ventilate rather than turn on the AC and then another person who is even in the estate by privilege of someone that lives there giving him a passcode at the gate under abeg feel the moral uprightness in belittling such a person who's living conditions could easily pass for what might be in heaven?

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:38am On Apr 27, 2020
zamirikpo:

I hope N5 million is not cheapest land in Asaba, have an idea of the master plan of the area from an informed Town planner or land surveyor. Buy land in an area where you have like minds and you belong to about the same social class.

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mills55: 11:38am On Apr 27, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Also,why is it that the chances of raising proper children in the kind of areas you bought a property is very slim and you can barely sleep at night for fear of 1 million boys jumping in to perforate your ass?
Good things are good and I notice a trend here on this thread and likewise Nigeria,people beneath others in terms of social strata like to make fun of them and point out most of their deeds as foolishness.Well time will tell.
And who judges someone financially by how his living room is arranged? undecided
Someone lives in a property he probably bought in hundreds of millions and then opens a window to ventilate rather than turn on the AC and then another person who is even in the estate by privilege of someone that lives there giving him a passcode at the gate under abeg feel the moral uprightness in belittling such a person who's living conditions could easily pass for what might be in heaven?

My brother, you are totally off point. You don't just get the motivational discussion here.
The discussion is all about knowing your worth. cut your coat according to you size. Try to be rich, don't look rich. some people are just copy cats, follow follow. And at the end, it will bounce back on them.

25 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kendumazy(m): 11:40am On Apr 27, 2020
Theconglomerate:

Sorry to say bro, your posts are always going off point. Seems like you haven't really gotten the motive behind all these discussions. Once again, the motive is "saving costs, being economical, being frugal. Above, being investment oriented. Sorry, if i sounded rude.

19 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:43am On Apr 27, 2020
Mills55:

My brother, you are totally off point. You don't just get the motivational discussion here.
The discussion is all about knowing your worth. cut your coat according to you size. Try to be rich, don't look rich. some people are just copy cats, follow follow. And at the end, it will bounce back on them.
u get brain

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 11:45am On Apr 27, 2020
ojesymsym:
Ah he got a second chance, not everyone gets that. Plus he had the courage to step back and take a bold decision not minding what people will say.
Some of them go just enter depression. He tried. You also tried for him by opening his eyes.

I don't know if it is just me, but I struggle to see the real rationale behind duplexes. Before you know it your children have left the house to uni or boarding house in secondary school and then the house looks empty. People do not realize the stay time of kids with their parents is an average of 19yrs per child, a very short time.

if u can build a duplex at 35yrs and u have two kids(2 and 4yrs), and planning for the 3rd, am sure u''ll have ample time to spend with ur family in the duplex. plus it also depends on how ur family is set up. some guyz live with extended family, personally my dad is late and my mom lives with me and madam and my kids, for madam not to complain ,the house needs to be big ooh. grin grin....enough space for everyone.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chidekings(m): 11:47am On Apr 27, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

I hope N5 million is not cheapest land in Asaba, have an idea of the master plan of the area from an informed Town planner or land surveyor. Buy land in an area where you have like minds and you belong to about the same social class.
This is the main point of the discussion.stay in the same place with your social class.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:50am On Apr 27, 2020
Even at been fugal my first home is around 35-40m but instead of a duplex it apartment units ...my Neigbours are all middle class career and business people..so we all live together in same street but my house they generate money ...so if i must stay in lekki as a hustling young chap i will build 12 units condo for 1 million each then occupy 1 ....if i ball with my 11 million naira rent this year am sure i will collect next year ...we all dey lekki na ...na only 1 room u go sleep...but if u become rich like jim ovia that collect 20 bn as dividen u can do any how

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 11:50am On Apr 27, 2020
Kendumazy:

Sorry to say bro, your posts are always going off point. Seems like you haven't really gotten the motive behind all these discussions. Once again, the motive is "saving costs, being economical, being frugal. Above, being investment oriented. Sorry, if i sounded rude.
He knows what he is doing.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 11:50am On Apr 27, 2020
Theconglomerate:

emmanuelewumi:

@Theconglomerate, I see you like playing contrarian for the sake of it abi?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1140) (1141) (1142) (1143) (1144) (1145) (1146) ... (2250) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: donshady(m), lastmessenger, ositadima1(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.