Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,123 members, 7,887,248 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:16 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4539563 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1215) (1216) (1217) (1218) (1219) (1220) (1221) ... (2250) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godbpraised: 4:23pm On May 17, 2020
Hmmm smart and wiser talk, you are too much men. One billion gboza for you.
ahiboilandgas:
That the problem with the US....the credit system has given people false sense of prospertiy... a Wal-Mart worker will buy a 300k dollars house on credit buy 20k dollars car on credit 1000 dollars i phone on credit..then once there job lost millions of mortgage home will be abandon ...how can a 300 k home devalue to 100k within 12 months and no wars ...cos the prosperity was false in the first instant ...cos if ever jick amd harry that have good credit score can easy own a home (jick and harry in there millions) Wal-Mart, Amazon,Kfc workers now owing 300k dollars once there are job losses millions of homes with fake value will be abandon...one Main characteristic of asset and money (it must be scare ,limited and hard to come by) this bring the intrinsic value ....That why property bought in Nigeria keeps it value and appreciates ...cos not cheap credits and only people with real money (not credits score) that can own those home ...that why a plot moved to almost 100m in lekki and and real billions in ikoyi and asokoro etc ..even ikorodru cos the buyer is real amd thr seller is real.....now the over 50m americans out of work ...another round of crises is building unless the suspend mortgage payments .....it will take you over 25 years to pay for that your house cos u need almost 4000 dollars monthly to live , child care , utilities,car loan , tuition loan ,phone loan food loan credit card then house mortgage almost 2500 dollars monthly for 25 years

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 17, 2020
NL1960:

I hope it is not as cold as Scotland?.
Not at all.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 17, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
saw some Nigerians at a pub mostly into i.t and healthcare...they are ok when i spent 1000 euro at a pub from tb interest looking at me like an alien �������
Lol...most of them know nothing about investment that pays high returns, they work to pay for their needs and save the rest for holidays. The looks on their faces means "don't you have bills to pay? cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by thebargainhunte: 4:53pm On May 17, 2020
proeast:

You're comparing apples with oranges. Blacks are already at a disadvantaged position regardless of wherever they may be in the world.

You're asking how many billionaires in dollars are from Africa? The question should rather be, how many billionaires are Blacks globally, even there in the West?

Unlike Africa, Europe, America and Asia all have advanced countries within them with huge GDP and generational wealth, so it is easier to have billionaires from among them.

Unfortunately for Blacks/Africans, we lack generational wealth and equally suffer from global stigmatization. It will take a Black man three times more effort to achieve the same result/monetary benefits as would a White man regardless of where he is, whether in Africa or there in the West.

How many blacks are tech savvy?? This is gold mine that can yield so much money to anybody irrespective of your race. Africans work hard, but they don't work smart.Check the black race in USA, most of them were into music, basketball, football, boxing etc. until their mates started breaking world record like " the youngest billionaire", "the greatest Inventor" etc.it was then they started waking up. They woke up, but instead of them to invent or innovate, they were busy doing copy cat. Oprah Wilfred came out original and she made it. Blacks dominate sport and music industry while the westerners dominate the tech industry. Africa American like work that requires their energy because of where they were coming from (slave trade mentality). Civilization started in Africa, but now Africa is doing catch up. Mansa Musa was the richest man on Earth then because he was dealing with gold, but how many can reach that feat dealing with gold now. Africa don't like change, we have this mentality "as it is now so shall it be forever".

Check the story of Larry Ellison, Goerge Soros, forever 21 owner. They came from poor background.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:10pm On May 17, 2020
thebargainhunte:

Because he didn't declare it or no known investment in his name. Your car, jet etc. is your asset and they are included when calculating net worth.

You should be able to explain your wealth. Femi Otedola is not on list, I guess because he sold all his Forte Oil shares. So no basis to calculate his Networth

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 5:12pm On May 17, 2020
Please dont take it personal
thebargainhunte:

I hear you... I think you are talking for yourself.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:15pm On May 17, 2020
Donbrig:
You guys are doing well, I thank you all for inspiring us with different ideas about investments and life. I also thank all those who recommended "The millionaire next door", I ordered the book here at my base in Germany and almost done reading it, lots of informations, I have really learnt great lessons on how best to accumulate wealth. Abeg make una nor fight ohh, we are all in search of a better, legitimate and easy ways to accumulate wealth. God bless you all.

Also read

Millionaires mind by Thomas Stanley

Investing for the future by Larry Burkett

The millionaire in you by Michael LeBoeuf

Money making secrets by Hal Stewards

Ordinary people, extraordinary wealth by Eric Delman

26 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 5:16pm On May 17, 2020
How much do you think brand new Toyota Camry cost in Nigeria? Is that not a car
thebargainhunte:

Hmm...how much is brand new car again in Nigeria??

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by thebargainhunte: 5:17pm On May 17, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

You should be able to explain your wealth. Femi Otedola is not on list, I guess because he sold all his Forte Oil shares. So no basis to calculate his Networth

Sir, glo is not listed on NSE, but we know Mike Adenuga net worth. I know they use your share holding to calculate it, but other investments too that are not listed if you declear them are put into consideration.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 5:19pm On May 17, 2020
Raalsalghul:

Loud it!

How people choose to defend this god forsaken shit hole eludes me.

These folks most likely are benefiting from the rot/lawlessness.

It's the only explanation.

Instead of you to learn, u are there hating your mother land.....

Black man mentality !

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:22pm On May 17, 2020
thebargainhunte:

Sir, glo is not listed on NSE, but we know Mike Adenuga net worth. I know they use your share holding to calculate it, but other investments too that are not listed if you declear them are put into consideration.

It is a well known business and brand, Investment bankers know how to put a valuation on the business

For Otedola, since he cashed out we don't know any major business or brand which he has controlling shares.

I learnt he might be interested in having a major role when his friends Refinery comes on board

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Raalsalghul: 5:27pm On May 17, 2020
oluayebenz:

Black man mentality !
undecided

But you stay abroad na, why don't you come back?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:33pm On May 17, 2020
thebargainhunte:

Apart from Glo.

Adenuga is the major shareholder of Conoil Oil, he now has the largest share in Julius Berger, followed by Ibile Holdings. the investment holding company of Lagos State government
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godbpraised: 5:39pm On May 17, 2020
You have a funny thinking, your think Gold is found on the street of america or London well think twice. as an investor u should always be open minded rather been shallow minded. if you are not successful in Nigeria even though they give you American visa or Canadian PR you would till be poor, coz its a thing of the mind. I would recommend u train ur mind and open ur heart. A word is a enough for the................
Raalsalghul:

undecided

But you stay abroad na, why don't you come back?

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by benson4u(m): 5:43pm On May 17, 2020
oluayebenz:

Black man mentality !
Sometimes I wonder if they are Nigerians, cause some of here in Nigeria do everything possible to better the life of people around us through personal businesses and hard work. One thing I know for sure is, everybody cannot be rich or wealthy at the same, that it worked for A doesn't mean it will work for B. This thread has gave me a new meaning and motivation to save, if I had known this thread 3 years earlier I believe my Networth would have improved drastically because of the open minded individuals we have (Mr. Ahib,Mr Emmanuel etc) they have contributed immensely positively with their financial advices, they've proven to me times without number the love they have for their country even though they have all it takes to leave the country for another but they are still here. Logically I can say we have bad leaders but that doesn't mean we should bad mouth our own country because we have been opportuned to go to other countries and thrived. Be you who or whatever, wether you are here or not Nigeria as a country will still be here and people living in Nigeria will keep breaking records of financial success which I for one can testify to.

15 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Raalsalghul: 5:43pm On May 17, 2020
Godbpraised:
You have a funny thinking, your think Gold is found on the street of america or London well think twice. as an investor u should always be open minded rather been shallow minded. if you are not successful in Nigeria even though they give you American visa or Canadian PR you would till be poor, coz its a thing of the mind. I would recommend u train ur mind and open ur heart. A word is a enough for the................

At the bold, are you sure.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by thebargainhunte: 5:45pm On May 17, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

It is a well known business and brand, Investment bankers know how to put a valuation on the business

For Otedola, since he cashed out we don't know any major business or brand which he has controlling shares.

I learnt he might be interested in having a major role when his friends Refinery comes on board

Yes sir, the valuation is done when your assets is known.

Maybe he saw what other downstream players are not seeing, stiff competition from Dangote.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godbpraised: 5:46pm On May 17, 2020
Hit the road to europe via Niger and Lybia then get to europe. Since u are looking for a gold mine.
Raalsalghul:

At the bold, from an open mind indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Raalsalghul: 5:48pm On May 17, 2020
Godbpraised:
Hit the road to europe via Niger and Lybia then get to europe. Since u are looking for a gold mine.

Noted!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godbpraised: 5:48pm On May 17, 2020
Best of luck!!!
Raalsalghul:

Noted!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by thebargainhunte: 5:51pm On May 17, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Apart from Glo.

Adenuga is the major shareholder of Conoil Oil, he now has the largest share in Julius Berger, followed by Ibile Holdings. the investment holding company of Lagos State government

You are right sir, Through goldstone estate LTD.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 6:16pm On May 17, 2020
There is eurobond which is a usd denominated investment, you can also do commercial paper with First Bank Quest if the amount you are investing is huge, contact your bank to ask them for other options you may have.
Alaska90:

Please can anybody help with foreign currency denominated investment with any Nigeria bank

Can you name any please?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 6:18pm On May 17, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Also read

I will definitely check these books out. Formal education will make you a living, but self-education will make you a fortune. Thanks boss, I appreciate, God bless.

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 6:22pm On May 17, 2020
Oga Emma, it will be a great disservice to humanity and patriotism if you do not write at least one book on investment. All the recommendations so far have been foreign. Your experience and wealth of knowledge is legendary.

emmanuelewumi:

Also read

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kristien4(m): 6:38pm On May 17, 2020
dake40:

Yes,

if they have Adsense running on their channel. How much they make depends on where the views are coming from, the retention, cpc etc. On average, a Nigerian artist could make $1k to $10k on 1m to 10n views... So davido getting 1m views in 1 week does not mean he makes much from it.

No

If they do not have adsense running, even if they get 100 billion views they won't make 1 cent from them.
Thanks bro.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kristien4(m): 6:39pm On May 17, 2020
missjekyll:

He isn't .if you have got a huge following on youtube and your content is monetized,you are made. I follow mostly food and travel channels like best ever food review show(I highly recommend him,he just did a review on znigeria), mark Weins. once they put out content,1 million views in 24 hours.

Anybody can make money on youtube . so long as you are monetized and consistently get lots of views,you can resign your day job. No ones mentioned Instagram,I wonder why.

With coronavirus changing the way we entertain, more and more people are staying indoors and watching internet content. I m seriously thinking of starting a youtube channel. I can spout off on trump for hours,I do not like that guy at all.

Yes musicians make money from views
Thanks for the info.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godbpraised: 6:42pm On May 17, 2020
Read those books, however try and adopt and practialize what you have learnt it helps a lot. e.g starting buying small properties e,g apartment etc . that way the books would make sense.
Donbrig:

I will definitely check these books out. Formal education will make you a living, but self-education will make you a fortune. Thanks boss, I appreciate, God bless.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hustla(m): 6:44pm On May 17, 2020
Godbpraised:
Those it really make a financial value owning a house, me thinks getting big apartment houses with a enough cash approach the bank and buy some real estate. again i think buying a house is just been tied to emotions.

At the bolded, there is a guy on youtube who does exactly that. Graham Stephan - you can also check Koncrete

Solid stuff

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nyxx123: 6:45pm On May 17, 2020
Interesting read, see me nodding my head like agama lizard, everyone with its own perspective. God bless the contributors, you all got me glued to my phone.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by drotba(m): 6:48pm On May 17, 2020
We have matured great minds here
I am thrilled reading people's comment;brainstorming,releasing facts and stats.,with opinions and counter opinions.....but admiringly no insults.
Respects people!!!
I have been reading and enjoying every single comment.

If i begin to mention names i don't think i will ever finish but i will not fail to mention Ogas like Sir Emma,Sir Ahib.....Una welldone oo

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Satoshi2019: 6:49pm On May 17, 2020
mikylon:
I feel really blessed knowing about this forum. I have really gained a lot of financial education here free of charge just by been a dedicated reader.
In the quest for financial freedom and to liberate my self from been dependent on salary, I started my financial saving journey since January last year, using both TB & MMF. I started with about 1m then, and have grown it to over 20m. This all happened with financial prudence and drastic cut down in unnecessary spending.
Am currently have all my savings in MMF as TB is no longer juicy. looking at saving up to the 50m and invest into FGN bonds, don't know if that's a good idea. I have decided not to go into building of houses to rent again, cos even the once I have, to see rent collect from tenants na war.

Thanks to the elders in the house (Oga Ahib, Oga ewumi, Oga conglomerate just to name a few) that have being dishing out this advice and sharing investment opportunities.

Any advice on how to preserve this little change wey to done gather is highly welcome.

Am I doing something wrongly. From 1m to 20m in less than 2years. Pls kindly let us know your approach in details however brief. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chidekings(m): 6:51pm On May 17, 2020
Alaska90:

Please can anybody help with foreign currency denominated investment with any Nigeria bank

Can you name any please?
i fixed my dollars monthly with fcmb bank,tho its 1 percent interest.better than nothing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1215) (1216) (1217) (1218) (1219) (1220) (1221) ... (2250) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: USA2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.