Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:15 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4523847 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1256) (1257) (1258) (1259) (1260) (1261) (1262) ... (2247) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:42pm On May 27, 2020
Phyde:

Same experience with stanbic, a lady even called me on phone telling me the minimum is 50m which i knew is FGN Bond not the current SUKUK. I have to download the SUKUK advert and sent to her mail for her to be aware. I am just waiting for my CSCS to be open before i visit.

Get in touch with CSL Stockbrokers, with 10k and above you are good to go
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dsticks47(m): 3:46pm On May 27, 2020
Akerewe:
Hello house, i spoke with one of stanbic bank guys now and he told me frankly that the minimum amount to buy a sukuk bond from them is 30million naira. Please how much is the minimum amount (entry) with another fiirm

The minimum entry amount for all firm should be N10,000.
kindly check attached document.

To Open a CSCS account with Investment one kindly click on the link on my signature and send me a DM on WhatsApp so I can follow up on the account opening.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 3:48pm On May 27, 2020
yomi007k:

Good day sir.

I just got the form for Sukuk bond and on the top right is asked APPLICANTS S4/ CUSTODIAN A/C NO. Is it the same as CHN number?

It's not the same
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 27, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 3:58pm On May 27, 2020
brane:
I visited the VGIF page on investment one website. I couldn't find the 8.5% guaranty. Am I missing something?

when you visit the website scroll down to subsidiaries and to fund management there you have all categories of mutual funds including VGIF. click on it and you find facts of the fund.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 27, 2020
yomi007k:

Good day sir.

I just got the form for Sukuk bond and on the top right is asked APPLICANTS S4/ CUSTODIAN A/C NO. Is it the same as CHN number?
Yes! Write your clearing house number there.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phyde: 4:01pm On May 27, 2020
Sholapey:
Exactly, he should just go through the investment one and etc.
Investment one is my next option now. Just waiting for the cscs. Stanbic were just replying all my mails with children day adverts grin I refuse to be frustrated.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by wura2u: 4:03pm On May 27, 2020
wura2u:

Don't fret and do not let any bank frustrate your plan to invest in the Sukuk bond. The bond prospectus states #10,000 minimum and in multiples of #1000 thereafter.
Follow these steps:
1. Google FCSL Aset Mgt.Coy Ltd
2. Pay amt. You wish to invest into FCSL Asset Mgt. Co. Ltd. a/c with Zenith Bank. Acct. No.-1011713073
3. There are names and phone numbers of some officials on their website, call any of the numbers and inform him you paid for Sukuk investment into their account.
4. Upload a scan copy of your filled form to them.
5. Shikena.
Why did I even give out all these information self? The bond will be oversubscribed and I may end up not getting as you might have taken my slot. (Laughs).

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 4:05pm On May 27, 2020
unite4real:

It's not the same

Ok. Thank you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 27, 2020
Phyde:

Investment one is my next option now. Just waiting for the cscs. Stanbic were just replying all my mails with children day adverts grin I refuse to be frustrated.
Lol...they want to use your money to balance account like play play month don end. grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 4:05pm On May 27, 2020
Sholapey:
Yes! Write your clearing house number there.
Ok. Thank you very much.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godbpraised: 4:06pm On May 27, 2020
U av other option sukuk why this ? The choice is urs
brane:
I visited the VGIF page on investment one website. I couldn't find the 8.5% guaranty. Am I missing something?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 27, 2020
yomi007k:

Ok. Thank you very much.
You're most welcome!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 4:15pm On May 27, 2020
[quote author=wura2u post=90019014][/quote]ur correct guy, kudos
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikjosh04: 4:22pm On May 27, 2020
Ok, thank you!!

Phyde:

The Sharia Fixed Income Fund is about 6.85%. They sent it to me too. I just ignored it cause that's not what i want. Those guys know what they are doing.
[
emmanuelewumi:

It is one of the products of the bank
quote author=Akerewe post=90016864] no, its just like mutual fund and d rate is not stated
[/quote]
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 4:27pm On May 27, 2020
emmasoft:

To add to @unite4real
Cscs can be opened online with investment one. Click on the link on my signature to do that.
Leave custodian account blank it's different from cscs.
CSCS is not compulsory but necessary and better for you to have it.
You don't need to open a new bank account for this purpose.

I think I have a cscs account but I can't remember. It was 2010 then when I first bought my first share... Honeywell flour.i beg is there a way I can retrieve my cscs account?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 4:32pm On May 27, 2020
[quote author=wura2u post=90019014][/quote]u r on point wura2u
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by arduino: 4:35pm On May 27, 2020
just2endowed:

I think I have a cscs account but I can't remember. It was 2010 then when I first bought my first share... Honeywell flour.i beg is there a way I can retrieve my cscs account?
Contact First Registrar ASAP. Goodluck
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dsticks47(m): 4:35pm On May 27, 2020
yomi007k:

Good day sir.

For stockbroking clients only CSCS number is required
The (Applicant’s S4/Custodian A/C No) portion is for custodian applicants.

Just leave it Blank

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 4:40pm On May 27, 2020
just2endowed:

How did you buy the shares? through a broker? ie secondary market? If yes, do you still remember the investment house or contact of staff? if yes call them and ask them to send your cscs statement. You will get all the information on the statement otherwise
and second option if answers to the questions are NO and if you reside in Lagos you need to go to cscs office at the NSE build with valid acceptable ID card tell them you want to have your bio-metric done and at the same time print your cscs statement
Third option and if not in Lagos click on the link on my signature to open another cscs account with investment one.
You can also call or chat me. My number is on the signature as well.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by wura2u: 4:48pm On May 27, 2020
emmasoft:

How did you buy the shares? through a broker? ie secondary market? If yes, do you still remember the investment house or contact of staff? if yes call them and ask them to send your cscs statement. You will get all the information on the statement otherwise
and second option if answers to the questions are NO and if you reside in Lagos you need to go to cscs office at the NSE build with valid acceptable ID card tell them you want to have your bio-metric done and at the same time print your cscs statement
Third option and if not in Lagos click on the link on my signature to open another cscs account with investment one.
You can also call or chat me. My number is on the signature as well.

Please note that CSCS will charge you annual registration fee.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:52pm On May 27, 2020
just2endowed:

Who is your Stockbroker? Get your CSCS statement from your Stockbroker, it will include your CHN, CSCS number and the stocks in your portfolio.

Have you ever sold or dematerialized your Honeywell Flour Mills shares?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:53pm On May 27, 2020
wura2u:

Not so.

You pay N2500 per annum if you subscribe to CSCS online

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Risingcash94: 4:57pm On May 27, 2020
Dsticks47:

For stockbroking clients only CSCS number is required
The (Applicant’s S4/Custodian A/C No) portion is for custodian applicants.

Just leave it Blank
Pls what is meant by custodian applicant? Thanks as you kindly indulge me.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Risingcash94: 5:12pm On May 27, 2020
wura2u:

Don't fret and do not let any bank frustrate your plan to invest in the Sukuk bond. The bond prospectus states #10,000 minimum and in multiples of #1000 thereafter.
Follow these steps:
1. Google FCSL Aset Mgt.Coy Ltd
2. Pay amt. You wish to invest into FCSL Asset Mgt. Co. Ltd. a/c with Zenith Bank. Acct. No.-1011713073
3. There are names and phone numbers of some officials on their website, call any of the numbers and inform him you paid for Sukuk investment into their account.
4. Upload a scan copy of your filled form to them.
5. Shikena.
Why did I even give out all these information self? The bond will be oversubscribed and I may end up not getting as you might have taken my slot. (Laughs).
But I really don't understand the right banks have to dissuade someone from investing in one's choice investment. I don't have an account with any of the referred banks. I'm waiting for my cscs no. to be ready so I can proceed. I was hoping to submit to first bank or zenith or stannic. Hope it will be easy since I do not have an account with any of them. On the other hand, how legit is this channel you just recommended? I'm trying to be careful with my little change. I can't afford a loss. Thanks as I await your reply. Pls sir emmannuel, unite and emmasoft I'll also appreciate your responses. As well as anyone with an idea.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 5:22pm On May 27, 2020
Risingcash94:

But I really don't understand the right banks have to dissuade someone from investing in one's choice investment. I don't have an account with any of the referred banks. I'm waiting for my cscs no. to be ready so I can proceed. I was hoping to submit to first bank or zenith or stannic. Hope it will be easy since I do not have an account with any of them. On the other hand, how legit is this channel you just recommended? I'm trying to be careful with my little change. I can't afford a loss. Thanks as I await your reply. Pls sir emmannuel, unite and emmasoft I'll also appreciate your responses. As well as anyone with an idea.

The right they have stems from the fact that most of people here after all we have said, still walk to the banking halls and be asking those tellers or customer service questions.

For example, if u want to pay your landlord money or children school fees, do u ask them questions in the bank?

U already have the sukuk account number. Just walk to the bank, pick a teller or transfer form, fill it, get your copy and walk away. Download ur form, fill it. Scan form and teller, email it any of the financial advisers. Why is this difficult.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Risingcash94: 5:26pm On May 27, 2020
Pls ignore this quote. I hadn't seen your last response before writing this. Your last response said it all.

quote author=unite4real post=89883394]

For first Bank

Account number is 2035325950

Account name is: FGN Roads Sukuk Issue Proceeds Account 3[/quote]

Pls unite sorry I have to ask this question again. I'm still waiting for my cscs no. to be ready. But if the process is this simple, how then can a bank dissuade someone from investing, since it's all about paying into the SUKUK account through the bank. I'm trying to get fully prepared since there isn't much time left. What do I say to them at the bank when I get there. Pardon my mumurity o grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Risingcash94: 5:31pm On May 27, 2020
Thanks.you have been immensely helpful.
unite4real:

The right they have stems from the fact that most of people here after all we have said, still walk to the banking halls and be asking those tellers or customer service questions.

For example, if u want to pay your landlord money or children school fees, do u ask them questions in the bank?

U already have the sukuk account number. Just walk to the bank, pick a teller or transfer form, fill it, get your copy and walk away. Download ur form, fill it. Scan form and teller, email it any of the financial advisers. Why is this difficult.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 5:34pm On May 27, 2020
wura2u:

No. That is not what I mean. CSCS don't charge for biometric. It's just a way to verify that you are the authentic owner of the cscs account and the chn from a particular investment house especially if the house has gone under. They charge if you want to be able to check your cscs online as an individual investor.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 5:34pm On May 27, 2020
Risingcash94:

Pls unite sorry I have to ask this question again. I'm still waiting for my cscs no. to be ready. But if the process is this simple, how then can a bank dissuade someone from investing, since it's all about paying into the SUKUK account through the bank. I'm trying to get fully prepared since there isn't much time left. What do I say to them at the bank when I get there. Pardon my mumurity o grin

There is nothing like getting fully prepared here. This thing no be war o. Lol

I have been down this road 2017 and 2018. This is the third issue.

If u must know, 90% of bank workers don't have this knowledge that many are dishing out here. If the bankers have such knowledge, there won't be need for such a forum. It would have been as straight forward as opening a savings account. This is investment we are talking about. A lot of guys here have gotten knowledge from experience and I think it is worthwhile to follow their footsteps. I have learnt a lot here and whenever I walk into a banking hall, I relate with them like a pro.
The first time I walked into the bank to buy TBills, they didn't know what I was saying and we're telling me to do fixed deposit

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Risingcash94: 5:36pm On May 27, 2020
unite4real:

There is nothing like getting fully prepared here. This thing no be war o. Lol

I have been down this road 2017 and 2018. This is the third issue.

If u must know, 90% of bank workers don't have this knowledge that many are dishing out here. If the bankers have such knowledge, there won't be need for such a forum. It would have been as straight forward as opening a savings account. This is investment we are talking about. A lot of guys here have gotten knowledge from experience and I think it is worthwhile to follow their footsteps. I have learnt a lot here and whenever I walk into a banking hall, I relate with them like a pro.
The first time I walked into the bank to buy TBills, they didn't know what I was saying and we're telling me to do fixed deposit

Thanks a zillion wink
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dsticks47(m): 5:44pm On May 27, 2020
Risingcash94:

Pls what is meant by custodian applicant? Thanks as you kindly indulge me.

The custodian A/C is a special kind of account, most held by institutionals.
These accounts are primaryly with CSCS
So if an individual who wants to purchase a sukuk bond dont have a primary account with CSCS, The column should be skipped.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1256) (1257) (1258) (1259) (1260) (1261) (1262) ... (2247) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.