Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,746 members, 7,895,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 02:33 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1460) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4552836 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1457) (1458) (1459) (1460) (1461) (1462) (1463) ... (2251) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Manwarrior55: 8:16pm On Jul 31, 2020

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:55pm On Jul 31, 2020
Akin3891:

How come? After 10% tax cut on savings accounts interest, the end result is as good as 3.4% interest on TB.

It will be 3.15%, while Treasury Bill interest is paid in advance.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:56pm On Jul 31, 2020
Akin3891:

How come? After 10% tax cut on savings accounts interest, the end result is as good as 3.4% interest on TB.
because u earn the interest at once makes the tb higher

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akin3891: 9:15pm On Jul 31, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
because u earn the interest at once makes the tb higher

Oh that's what you mean. Good for investors that need instant cash.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 9:20pm On Jul 31, 2020
On Lebanon.
Lebanese in Nigeria are sending our dollar back to Lebanon to save their country, we need to save our country too by building Nigeria together.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:04pm On Jul 31, 2020
Akin3891:

Oh that's what you mean. Good for investors that need instant cash.
no it the real rate of return....the investor can reinvest the interests

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by remi1444: 10:12pm On Jul 31, 2020
MrMcJay:

Keep political talks for the politics section. If everyone starts making noise here, it would end in chaos.

In the alternative, you can create a thread about how political decisions and indecisions have affected investments. That way, you can post freely and those with similar or contrary ideas can engage you freely and robustly.
Good evening sir. I texted you on WhatsApp few days ago. my number ends with 788.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Aquilapriscilla: 10:14pm On Jul 31, 2020
CsRockefeller:
Same issue crashed my former MDs biz.

In fact, he went from a .

Modified: The Fmr Manager, a man I heard he took from grass to grace has opened his own solar company from d proceeds of his theft.
Kai... Man make man wicked...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 4:31am On Aug 01, 2020
On point, like my people do say..food particles picked from the teeth will never make someone full!
emmanuelewumi:

After running the business for about 5 years, the owners might decide to stop the business if he doesn't break even. The workers will be the losers on the long run.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:25am On Aug 01, 2020
Andrew Ogbeche, a former worker of the slain former Commissioner for Youths and Sports in Edo State, Mr Egbe Ediagbonya, has owned up on the role he played in the kidnap of his boss. Ogbeche, who worked as a labourer on Ediagbonya’s palm tree farm at Utese village, Okada area of the state, explained that he got N100,000 out of the N1m ransom paid for the victim’s release.

The ex-commissioner was reportedly kidnapped on May 16 and his decomposing body found 19 days later at a bush close to his farm. Following his murder, men of the Inspector-General of Police Intelligence Response Team launched a manhunt for the perpetrators, leading to Ogbeche’s arrest early July. City Round learnt Ogbeche conspired with one Paul and other accomplices at large to perpetrate the crime.

Police investigation revealed that the kidnappers had on May 3, sent a threat message to the deceased, announcing their intention to abduct him and daring him to involve security agencies. They made good their threat 13 days after when they ambushed him on his farm and demanded a ransom. After collecting N1m, they were said to have informed his family to pick up his corpse at a location.

“The kidnappers used the deceased’s mobile to demand a ransom and collected N1m. They later sent a text message to the family, asking them to pick his corpse somewhere. It took the family few days to locate the corpse in the bush.

“Through intelligence-led investigation, Andrew Ogbeche was arrested. He is the deceased’s former worker on his palm tree farm at Utese. The phone he used in sending threat messages to the deceased was recovered from him. Investigation is ongoing to arrest other suspects involved in the kidnapping and murder,” a police source said.

35 year old Ogbeche, who hails from Bewarre village in Ogoja Local Government Area of Cross River State, told City Round during the week that he was aware of his ex-boss’ kidnap but did not know about his murder. He stated that after the news of Ediagbonya’s death broke in the community, he tried to reach Paul on the phone to no avail.

Andrew said, “Since I graduated from the university, I have been having financial constraints. I used to work with the commissioner as a labourer on his palm tree farm and he paid me N10,000 per month. I used to clear the bush and help to pluck palm fruits. I worked with him for 2 months but he paid me only for one month. He promised to pay me later. While I was working for him, I had no plan to kidnap him. It was my friend, Paul, who visited me on the farm that brought the idea of kidnapping him.

“He told me my boss had a lot of money. I warned him not to try it. He kept visiting and threatened to kill me if I expose his secret. While he was visiting me on the farm, Paul had told my boss that he wanted to work with him. He became close to him and he trusted him.”

Ogbeche, who claimed to be the only child of his mother, said he consented to the crime for fear of throwing his mum into mourning. He added, “The day they kidnapped the man, Paul told me and I was scared. He gave me N100,000 but that time, I never knew they had killed him. It was later I saw one of my friends who told me that my boss is dead. I was devastated. I felt bad and I regret collecting the money.”

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Born2conquer: 7:57am On Aug 01, 2020
emmasoft:

You can be part of the owners of any company telecommunications inclusive by buying their shares. For example you can be part of the owners of mtn if you buy the shares of mtn and you will benefit from the money they are making.
Shareholders of mtn will collect N3.5 by 24th of August 2020 as interim dividend.
How can i buy their shares?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 8:08am On Aug 01, 2020
Born2conquer:

How can i buy their shares?

Simple. Register with the link on my signature to open an account with investment one. When you click the link, pick stockbroking among the different products displayed, your account will be opened and a cscs account will be sent to you, with that, your login details will be sent and you can trade from anywhere you are in the world. You also have the opportunity to be trained on how to trade on your own. My phone number is on my signature as well. You can call or chat.
N.B: Investment one will not ask for cash to open any of the products account.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by speak2lift: 9:00am On Aug 01, 2020
Thanks so much for sharing this info about the bonds option. I never came across it before.

Even though it cost a bit more, at least the money will eventually be returned. I will do more research on it.

And like you said, I am also praying these countries at least reduce their prices- if the price can come down a bit to about $50,000- I am pretty sure more people will purchase it.

ultron12345:

I'm also planning to get this Caribbean citizenship by investment. Was planning to do it this year but covid19 and naira devaluation will push it further.

Why did you go for St. Kitts? I'm going for St. Lucia. It's cheaper at $100,000 and still offers access to most of the important countries (UK, Switzerland, EU, Singapore, HK etc)

Grenada seems to be a better option to spend $150,000 on rather than St Kitts. It offers access to UAE and China in addition to UK, Schengen zone, and the rest.

Hopefully, these Caribbean countries will reduce the cost of their citizenship programs to get more applicants and revenue to cushion the economic effects of this pandemic. Some have already started offering covid19 bonds for citizenship.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by franklin244(m): 9:47am On Aug 01, 2020
How about we empower the youths and elderly despite the pandemic and it's effects on the economy. We have various platforms to help Nigerians remain active and also have something to fall back on irrespective of the recent downsizing in various companies and sectors in the country.
Here is a platform I believe will benefit each and everyone of us. Your also free to make extensive research on your own if you have any doubts.

Earn from the comfort of your home by joining forsage smart contract today. You secure a lifetime of earnings with zero risk. This opportunity has no age limit so all are welcome as we all help make a better future for you and your entire family.
For further information please contact me on 08140184176 and WhatsApp on 08159131975.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 10:17am On Aug 01, 2020
Very sad situation in Edo state, the late commissioner was well loved by all, we gonna miss him. Once you attain some certain level of affluence in the society, never ever joke with your security, you could employ some good and well licensed mobile police men or build your own private security outfits.

In Nigeria today, once you become rich or successful, the masses will indirectly see you as the cause of their misery and tag you enemy of the people, with so much hate and disgust, it doesn't really matter if you are a politician or a business man. Watch your back always and be cautious of your movements all the time.

Investing in your own security outfits to keep you alive in a rugged and dangerous environment like ours today is also a wise investment.

ahiboilandgas:
Andrew Ogbeche, a former worker of the slain former Commissioner for Youths and Sports in Edo State, Mr Egbe Ediagbonya, has owned up on the role he played in the kidnap of his boss. Ogbeche, who worked as a labourer on Ediagbonya’s palm tree farm at Utese village, Okada area of the state, explained that he got N100,000 out of the N1m ransom paid for the victim’s release.

The ex-commissioner was reportedly kidnapped on May 16 and his decomposing body found 19 days later at a bush close to his farm. Following his murder, men of the Inspector-General of Police Intelligence Response Team launched a manhunt for the perpetrators, leading to Ogbeche’s arrest early July. City Round learnt Ogbeche conspired with one Paul and other accomplices at large to perpetrate the crime.

Police investigation revealed that the kidnappers had on May 3, sent a threat message to the deceased, announcing their intention to abduct him and daring him to involve security agencies. They made good their threat 13 days after when they ambushed him on his farm and demanded a ransom. After collecting N1m, they were said to have informed his family to pick up his corpse at a location.

“The kidnappers used the deceased’s mobile to demand a ransom and collected N1m. They later sent a text message to the family, asking them to pick his corpse somewhere. It took the family few days to locate the corpse in the bush.

“Through intelligence-led investigation, Andrew Ogbeche was arrested. He is the deceased’s former worker on his palm tree farm at Utese. The phone he used in sending threat messages to the deceased was recovered from him. Investigation is ongoing to arrest other suspects involved in the kidnapping and murder,” a police source said.

35 year old Ogbeche, who hails from Bewarre village in Ogoja Local Government Area of Cross River State, told City Round during the week that he was aware of his ex-boss’ kidnap but did not know about his murder. He stated that after the news of Ediagbonya’s death broke in the community, he tried to reach Paul on the phone to no avail.

Andrew said, “Since I graduated from the university, I have been having financial constraints. I used to work with the commissioner as a labourer on his palm tree farm and he paid me N10,000 per month. I used to clear the bush and help to pluck palm fruits. I worked with him for 2 months but he paid me only for one month. He promised to pay me later. While I was working for him, I had no plan to kidnap him. It was my friend, Paul, who visited me on the farm that brought the idea of kidnapping him.

“He told me my boss had a lot of money. I warned him not to try it. He kept visiting and threatened to kill me if I expose his secret. While he was visiting me on the farm, Paul had told my boss that he wanted to work with him. He became close to him and he trusted him.”

Ogbeche, who claimed to be the only child of his mother, said he consented to the crime for fear of throwing his mum into mourning. He added, “The day they kidnapped the man, Paul told me and I was scared. He gave me N100,000 but that time, I never knew they had killed him. It was later I saw one of my friends who told me that my boss is dead. I was devastated. I felt bad and I regret collecting the money.”

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Manwarrior55: 11:32am On Aug 01, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by civilserva: 11:42am On Aug 01, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

Really disturbing. No one is safe even from workers and domestic staff. No wonder some people are seriously considering emigration and acquisition of second passport. Will things change for the good? I seriously doubt. I regretted not migration at young age when my friends and school mates were jetting out. This is worst than stealing by employees you people earlier discussed.
May God save us all.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kintus(m): 11:58am On Aug 01, 2020
DexterousOne:
Lest I forget
There is a piece of information I would like to share to the house
That would especially help newbies who seek to begin their journey in this investment world

Elders like @emmanuellewumi and co should please vet and add their own input...

This will be for anyone who is scared of equity investment, on how to do it safest and best..

I'll be back with the info

Please bear with me

Fingers crossed. Thank you in advance.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 12:10pm On Aug 01, 2020
Spambot don ban the guy, So u go patient be that.

kintus:

Fingers crossed. Thank you in advance.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ultron12345: 12:14pm On Aug 01, 2020
DexterousOne:

I think I got a lil fond of the country

You know
There are many beer brands
And each one of us have favourite

It's the same for the citizenship by investment thing

There are a couple of them
And we all have our favourite.

And yea
Some of them have reduced the money small sha

It's for one to keep working hard and accumulating the money... once the time is set, our expat life then begins.

That citizenship by investment thing is something that one who seeks international footprint should look into (and if you can afford it o)

There is a country I was told I could get their citizenship with $20 grand plus one year of residency there
But I dont like the place like that...

But some rich folks from Nigeria are going there to settle too.
Like me, many of them are fed up with the madness

Ok.
Please, what country is that? If the requirements make sense, I might consider it.

I'm not getting the passport to relocate though. It's just to make travelling easier. So I can wake up anyday and decide to travel anywhere same day, all I need to do is get an airline ticket. I've missed opportunities in the past just because I had to spend weeks applying for visas. And to avoid the maltreatment experienced by holders of the Nigerian Passport at foreign airports.

My family and I are staying put in Nigeria. Opportunities abound in this country. For me, abroad is for vacation and higher education, and anyone who goes to study abroad has to come back home to contribute the knowledge he or she got abroad to the family business. I see so much potential down here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 12:27pm On Aug 01, 2020
No longer at ease in Nigeria. At the moment, Nigeria is like an "open concentration camp". Once you travel out of Nigeria, you begin to miss all the lovely things about Nigeria, and once you return back, you start getting pissed off in no time. But we will never give up on Nigeria, all hands must be on deck to solve our multiple problems. Only Nigerians can save Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria

civilserva:

Really disturbing. No one is safe even from workers and domestic staff. No wonder some people are seriously considering emigration and acquisition of second passport. Will things change for the good? I seriously doubt. I regretted not migration at young age when my friends and school mates were jetting out. This is worst than stealing by employees you people earlier discussed.
May God save us all.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ultron12345: 12:40pm On Aug 01, 2020
Donbrig:
Very sad situation in Edo state, the late commissioner was well loved by all, we gonna miss him. Once you attain some certain level of affluence in the society, never ever joke with your security, you could employ some good and well licensed mobile police men or build your own private security outfits.

In Nigeria today, once you become rich or successful, the masses will indirectly see you as the cause of their misery and tag you enemy of the people, with so much hate and disgust, it doesn't really matter if you are a politician or a business man. Watch your back always and be cautious of your movements all the time.

Investing in your own security outfits to keep you alive in a rugged and dangerous environment like ours today is also a wise investment.

As in... People are wicked.

This fear of kidnapping has made me become the sole financial officer of my company. I had a CFO and accountants before. I noticed that when they see how much revenue the company is making, they'll be grumbling and murmuring among themselves. As if I will swallow the whole revenue for myself, as if I won't buy raw materials and pay salaries from it, forgetting that my profit from the revenue is less than 10%.

So I had to let most of them go. The few I have left handle only handle basic day to day transactional accounting which involves relatively smaller sums, so as not to trigger their greed. When it's time to compile accounts for the week or month which will involve larger sums, I do that one alone. For more complex accounting (since I'm not an accountant by training), I outsource to accounting firms in far away cities.

Before the accountants with their grumbling go and inform the rest of the staff of the revenue we are making (without mentioning that my profit is less than 10%), and then they come together and plot to kidnap me.

As it stands now, the Indian managing director and I are the only ones with a full picture of the finances of the company.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by meine: 12:42pm On Aug 01, 2020
Donbrig:

How will you ensure that the hired uniformed security or private security won't conspire to kidnap you?. Haven't you heard of soldiers and policemen teaming up with kidnappers to operate?

These private securities are not the solution, poverty needs to go down drastically for crime to go down.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ultron12345: 12:58pm On Aug 01, 2020
meine:
How will you ensure that the hired uniformed security or private security won't conspire to kidnap you?. Haven't you heard of soldiers and policemen teaming up with kidnappers to operate?

These private securities are not the solution, poverty needs to go down drastically for crime to go down.

Poverty is not the cause. It is greed and pure wickedness. And this sense of entitlement Nigerians always have. That once you're doing well, it automatically becomes your responsibility to take care of them, and that they also have a right to enjoy your money.

Evans the kidnapper had accumulated millions of dollars from kidnapping yet he never stopped.
Hushpuppi was not poor yet he still continued engaging in fraud.
Our senators and politicians are not poor yet they still loot.
We've seen bank managers engage in fraud and even assist in kidnapping people.

One way to minimize this risk of kidnapping is not to showoff and keep a low profile if where you live isn't that secure. A businessman I know who lives and does business in one of the small, least important, poorest states in the south west. He can boast about being in the top 1% of earners in his state and among the top 3% in Lagos. But he still drives an old, small Toyota corolla and lives in a rented apartment with other tenants. When he wants to enjoy his money, he tells his neighbors he's going to the village. From there he flies to his mansion and cars on Lagos Island. At least, it's much safer there. When he's done, he'll wear one squeezed, tattered shirt and one dirty bag, enter uber to the airport and off he goes to his state.

If you see him at home in his state, you can't think of kidnapping him. Instead, you'll be feeling pity for him.

23 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 1:22pm On Aug 01, 2020
That entitlement mentality is one I struggle to understand. No attempt to assume responsibility for a lot of people.
Low profile works but money is hard to hide. Even if you hide it what of madam and the kids? Will they comply all the time without losing guard and one day chest beat with _do you know who I am?
Make person non catch an for Lagos one day be dat.
Being rich in a poor area seems to be a big crime in this clime

ultron12345:

Poverty is not the cause. It is greed and pure wickedness. And this sense of entitlement Nigerians always have....

One way to minimize this risk of kidnapping is not to showoff and keep a low profile if where you live isn't that secure. A businessman

If you see him at home in his state, you can't think of kidnapping him. Instead, you'll be feeling pity for him.

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 1:28pm On Aug 01, 2020
Exactly. That is why it is safer to live in one bedroom flat in Ikoyi than live in a palacial mansion in Ikorodu.

ojesymsym:
That entitlement mentality is one I struggle to understand. No attempt to assume responsibility for a lot of people.
Low profile works but money is hard to hide. Even if you hide it what of madam and the kids? Will they comply all the time without losing guard and one day chest beat with _do you know who I am?
Make person non catch an for Lagos one day be dat.
Being rich in a poor area seems to be a big crime in this clime

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 2:52pm On Aug 01, 2020
Happy New Month to all fellow investors. Pls lets talk about this new duty stamp charges. 100 naira was debited from my account this morning, but it was 50naira last month, though more money was paid into my account in July.

How much have you paid for duty stamp charges so far?

How is this duty stamp charges calculated?

We have about 80million active bank accounts in Nigeria, Just imagine FG debiting about 50 to 100naira from each account every month. FG could be saving up to 7 to 8bilion naira every month. I keep wondering, if not for corruption and mismanagements, we ought to have enough money to build many of our infrastructures without borrowing or mortgaging the lives of our unborn children for loans from China or IMF or World Bank.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:02pm On Aug 01, 2020
Donbrig:
Happy New Month to all fellow investors. Pls lets talk about this new duty stamp charges. 100 naira was debited from my account this morning, but it was 50naira last month, though more money was paid into my account in July.

How much have you paid for duty stamp charges so far?

How is this duty stamp charges calculated?

We have about 80million active bank accounts in Nigeria, Just imagine FG debiting about 50 to 100naira from each account every month. FG could be saving up to 7 to 8bilion naira every month. I keep wondering, if not for corruption and mismanagements, we ought to have enough money to build many of our infrastructures without borrowing or mortgaging the lives of our unborn children for loans from China or IMF or World Bank.
bulk of revenues accrued to the Nigerian states is consumed by recurrent and debt service...the Nigeria state expends around 200 bn Naira on salaries another 80 bn on debt payments and services(tb,bonds etc)....uncessary things like boko haram wars ,bandits are also consuming over 20bn monthly......
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:13pm On Aug 01, 2020
ultron12345:

Poverty is not the cause. It is greed and pure wickedness. And this sense of entitlement Nigerians always have. That once you're doing well, it automatically becomes your responsibility to take care of them, and that they also have a right to enjoy your money.

Evans the kidnapper had accumulated millions of dollars from kidnapping yet he never stopped.
Hushpuppi was not poor yet he still continued engaging in fraud.
Our senators and politicians are not poor yet they still loot.
We've seen bank managers engage in fraud and even assist in kidnapping people.

One way to minimize this risk of kidnapping is not to showoff and keep a low profile if where you live isn't that secure. A businessman I know who lives and does business in one of the small, least important, poorest states in the south west. He can boast about being in the top 1% of earners in his state and among the top 3% in Lagos. But he still drives an old, small Toyota corolla and lives in a rented apartment with other tenants. When he wants to enjoy his money, he tells his neighbors he's going to the village. From there he flies to his mansion and cars on Lagos Island. At least, it's much safer there. When he's done, he'll wear one squeezed, tattered shirt and one dirty bag, enter uber to the airport and off he goes to his state.

A gold fish has no hiding place.

What type of business is he doing in the South Western state?

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tochex101(m): 3:34pm On Aug 01, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

A gold fish has no hiding place.

What type of business is he doing in the South Western state?
Exactly sir, I struggle to see how that kind of money can be hidden.
Top 3 percentile in Lagos......(billions..)

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:37pm On Aug 01, 2020
With your N500 million Networth you will probably be a tenant at Banana Island, but with a N200 million Networth in Ikorodu all eyes will be on you.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1457) (1458) (1459) (1460) (1461) (1462) (1463) ... (2251) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.