Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,897 members, 7,935,844 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 05:11 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1547) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4615394 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1544) (1545) (1546) (1547) (1548) (1549) (1550) ... (2260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 4tunebest(f): 3:55pm On Sep 16, 2020
edoman2016:
some picture of our machinery. The juice extractor, the boiler, hydraulic press and bottling machine

Send a mail (your proposal for the required investment) to 4tunebest@gmail.com.

Please don't waste either of our time if this isn't genuine. I am a food industry professional with over a decade of practical experience (in and outside Nigeria) and would leave no stone unturned in authenticating any claims you make before releasing any part of my hard earned money.

Think twice before sending me an email as I have no time to waste

Kind Regards

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by edoman2016: 4:59pm On Sep 16, 2020
4tunebest:

Please don't waste either of our time if this isn't genuine. I am a food industry professional with over a decade of practical experience (in and outside Nigeria) and would leave no stone unturned in authenticating any claims you make before releasing any part of my hard earned money.

Kind Regards
I think you can WhatsApp me +2347035478576 for further discussion or better still, you can drop your WhatsApp number.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by edoman2016: 5:36pm On Sep 16, 2020
4tunebest:

Kind Regards
mail sent
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by papadoculus(m): 7:49pm On Sep 16, 2020
if u have Btc 4sale kindly dm me i buy at a good rate
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DInkMan(m): 9:15pm On Sep 16, 2020
pluto09:

Farming in Nigeria comes with its own challenge.
Have you wonder why people are migrating from villages to cities in Nigeria?

You are on point. Number 1 issue is insecurity. Just recently a retired US major was kidnapped in his farm factory in a
south western state. How could a nation have food security when there is no safety in the farm settlements, which are
mostly rural areas, that these farms are situated. It is so bizarre and absolute contradiction.

https://punchng.com/breaking-gunmen-kill-one-abduct-ex-us-soldier-in-ekiti/

...similar report like this goes on in the country.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 4:18am On Sep 17, 2020
Nigeria is in a big mess and the government is the main culprit in this, i refuse to accept that Nigerians is the problem with Nigeria. When there is no good governance things will always be messed up.
DInkMan:

You are on point. Number 1 issue is insecurity. Just recently a retired US major was kidnapped in his farm factory in a
south western state. How could a nation have food security when there is no safety in the farm settlements, which are
mostly rural areas, that these farms are situated. It is so bizarre and absolute contradiction.

https://punchng.com/breaking-gunmen-kill-one-abduct-ex-us-soldier-in-ekiti/

...similar report like this goes on in the country.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 5:53am On Sep 17, 2020

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 9:39am On Sep 17, 2020
dipoolowoo:
Treasury Bills Stop Rate Now 1.09% as CBN Raises N158.8bn
https://businesspost.ng/economy/treasury-bills-stop-rate-now-1-09-as-cbn-raises-n158-8bn/

A very good alternative to treasury bills is VGIF managed by Investment one (former GTBank Asset management) with a guaranteed rate of 7.5%. Call/chat me 08181057319 let's talk about it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ZEAK: 9:54am On Sep 17, 2020
Greetings of the morning

@ Pa Emma
@ Emmasoft
@ Emmervesty and other REIT big boss/madam. Please I need clarifications on UPDC REIT:

1- How many times do they pay dividend in a year?

2- Do I need to open a dollar account for my dividend to be paid therein? (as am aware they collect rent in dollars).

3- Is it really lucrative? and at what percentage do they issue out dividend?.

Please help me out, as it's part of my due diligence too........ just a young graduate seeking to make a "name" for himself.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 10:45am On Sep 17, 2020
ZEAK:
Greetings of the morning

@ Pa Emma
@ Emmasoft
@ Emmervesty and other REIT big boss/madam. Please I need clarifications on UPDC REIT:

1- How many times do they pay dividend in a year?

2- Do I need to open a dollar account for my dividend to be paid therein? (as am aware they collect rent in dollars).

3- Is it really lucrative? and at what percentage do they issue out dividend?.

Please help me out, as it's part of my due diligence too........ just a young graduate seeking to make a "name" for himself.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

Twice sometimes once

Dividend is paid in naira you don't need dollar account

The word lucrative is relative REIT is for slow and steady investors. Dividend is paid base on profit made in the year under consideration.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ibechris(m): 10:48am On Sep 17, 2020
thobbierulz:
To live a Good life especially in this current economic climate, one source of income isn’t going to cut it.
 It is important now more than ever to increase your streams of income. One way to achieve this is through income investment. Many of us are engaged or have been engaged in one type of income investment or another while some of us have not. Either way you can share your journey and insight with me while learning one or two things about the opportunities in income investing by taking out a few minutes to fill this survey.
 Thank you in advance for your time and good luck with your finances.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf2_GPHnp7SQEWu9VFDrPLhx5cGQJ6Z63jTperwsqF-ZMYBIA/viewform

Do u have a branch in Abuja.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bakosokoto: 3:30pm On Sep 17, 2020
emmasoft:

Twice sometimes once

The word lucrative is relative REIT is for slow and steady investors. Dividend is paid base on profit made in the year under consideration.
Please teach me how to invest into UPDC REIT. I will no more do treasury bill of 1percent
I have CSCS number with United capital plc
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 4:05pm On Sep 17, 2020
Bakosokoto:

Please teach me how to invest into UPDC REIT. I will no more do treasury bill of 1percent
I have CSCS number with United capital plc

Tbills and UPDC REIT are different investment instruments. You can't really compare them. If you are looking for fixed income instrument I will advice you include mutual fund like VGIF with a fixed rate of 7.5%. UPDC REIT can be added as a way of diversification.
Since you are already with UCAP , you can give a mandate for them to buy as much as your financial ability can carry. Please note UPDC REIT is also price based and prices are determined by market forces as well.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by exclusiveoloori: 7:59pm On Sep 17, 2020
Pls house how does VGIF work. I'll like to invest my matured T-Bills In it
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ZEAK: 8:25pm On Sep 17, 2020
emmasoft:

Twice sometimes once

Thanks boss.........I really appreciate.
God bless us all.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 9:01pm On Sep 17, 2020
exclusiveoloori:
Pls house how does VGIF work. I'll like to invest my matured T-Bills In it

VGIF is a mutual fund in the fixed income category. rate is 7.5%/annum and it's both capital and interest guaranteed. Click the link on my signature to open account. it's free. or call/chat me 08181057319 I will send you the voice notes explaining how it works. There are previous post on the thread that talks about VGIF as well
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamRichards: 6:19am On Sep 18, 2020
Hello.......
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:49am On Sep 18, 2020
What's the Federal government government looking for again with this ORDER? Something tells me that there other things apart from the income tax narrative it hinted about.

Guys react....

FG orders all bank, other account holders to re-register
Published September 18, 2020
The Federal Government has ordered all account holders in the country ’ s financial institutions to register their details again .
The order was given despite the possession of the Bank Verification Number and the National Identification Number by account holders .
This new order was disclosed by the government on its Twitter account, @ NigeriaGov , on Thursday .
It said , “ This is to notify the general public that all account holders in financial institutions ( banks , insurance companies , etc ) are required to obtain, complete and submit self - certification forms to their respective financial institutions .
“ Persons holding accounts in different financial institutions are required to complete and submit the form to each one of the institutions .
“ The forms are required by the relevant financial institutions to carry out due diligence procedures in line with the Income Tax Regulations 2019 .
“ The self - certification form is in three categories : Form for entity – for controlling person ( individuals having controlling interest in a legal person , trustee , etc ) – Form for individual .
“ Failure to comply with the requirement to administer or execute this form attracts sanctions , which may include monetary penalty or inability to operate the account. ”
The government , however , did not give more explanation on this order .

Culled from The Punch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 18, 2020
@Phylife,any deadline for compliance?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 18, 2020
NNU0000:
@Phylife,any deadline for compliance?

No such thing according to all have read and heard. I think FG is testing the waters to get feedback before coming standing firm on it. Never can tell....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 18, 2020
As if I knew beforehand the FGN wanted to test the waters for feedback. FGN have taken a new turn, altering their earlier twit:

BREAKING: FG apologises for asking all bank, other account holders to re-register

Published September 18, 2020
Sodiq Oyeleke

The Federal Government has apologised for asking all account holders in the country ’ s financial institutions to register their details again .
The PUNCH reports that the FG earlier asked all account holders in banks , including insurance companies , to fill and submit a Self - Confirmation form .
The order was given despite the possession of the Bank Verification Number and the National Identification Number by account holders on Thursday .
Failure to do so , the Nigerian government threatened to block access to defaulters’ accounts or impose a monetary penalty.
The order to fill another Self -Confirmation form , despite the existing BVN and NIN, had attracted condemnations on social media .
However , in a tweet on Friday , the government apologised for misinformation .
It tweeted , “ We apologise for the misleading tweets ( now deleted ) that went up yesterday , regarding the completion of self - certification forms by Reportable Persons. The message contained in the @ firsNigeria Notice does not apply to everybody . FIRS will issue appropriate clarification shortly . ”
We apologize for the misleading tweets ( now deleted ) that went up yesterday , regarding the completion of self - certification forms by Reportable Persons. The message contained in the @ firsNigeria Notice does not apply to everybody . FIRS will issue appropriate clarification shortly pic . twitter. com / KBiPh 0 lCwJ
— Government of Nigeria (@NigeriaGov ) September 18, 2020
In a press statement , the Federal Inland Revenue Service explained that only “ reportable persons” are expected to submit the form .
The statement read , “ This is to clarify the publication for financial institutions account holders in Nigeria to complete the self - certification form , pursuant to the Income Tax ( Common Reporting Standard) Regulations 2019 which is for the fulfilment of Automatic Exchange of Information Requirements .
“ The Self Certification form is basically to be administered on Reportable persons holding accounts in Financial institutions that are regarded as “ Reportable Financial Institutions ” under the CRS .
“ Reportable persons are often non-residents. And other persons who have a residence for tax purposes in more than one jurisdiction or Country .
“ Financial Institutions are expected to administer the Self Certification form on such account holders when the information at its disposal indicates that the Account holder is a person resident for tax purpose in more than one jurisdiction.
“ The information that indicates an account holder is a resident for tax purposes in more than one jurisdiction, is expected to be available to Financial Institutions during the account opening processes for the KYC and AML purpose . ”
Earlier , the Nigerian government said all persons holding accounts in different financial institutions are required to complete and submit the form to each one of their institutions .
It had tweeted , “ This is to notify the general public that all account holders in Financial Institutions ( Banks , Insurance Companies , etc ) are required to obtain, complete , and submit Self – Certification Forms to their respective Financial Institutions .
“ Failure to comply with the requirement to administer or execute this form attracts sanctions which may include monetary penalty or inability to operate the account.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:05pm On Sep 18, 2020
There is huge demand for housing in Nigeria especially within the range of 350k to 700k range ...i have one abandon bungalow i just upgraded small with tiles like 120k and wall screeding like 100k i put it up for rent yesterday to test what the economy was like , Suprisely like 3 tenates show interest for 500k while i fixed the price 600k

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 3:50pm On Sep 18, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
There is huge demand for housing in Nigeria especially within the range of 350k to 700k range ...i have one abandon bungalow i just upgraded small with tiles like 120k and wall screeding like 100k i put it up for rent yesterday to test what the economy was like , Suprisely like 3 tenates show interest for 500k while i fixed the price 600k

Collect the N500k oo

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 3:54pm On Sep 18, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

How many rooms?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:03pm On Sep 18, 2020
Grupo:

How many rooms?
2 room ensuit,palour and dinning plus kitchen and store...

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:05pm On Sep 18, 2020
ukay2:

Collect the N500k oo

tenate number 4 don come ..from 12pm to 4 ....there is housing shortage i think
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Carmal90(m): 4:10pm On Sep 18, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Location and rooms?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
tenate number 4 don come ..from 12pm to 4 ....there is housing shortage i think

Definitely yes...

My rental apartments have not been vacant for close to 10years now...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2020
ukay2:

Definitely yes...

u have earned your investment capital?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 4:54pm On Sep 18, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
u have earned your investment capital?

82% earned....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 18, 2020
ukay2:

Definitely yes...

There's huge demand on properties everywhere in Nigeria now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 5:05pm On Sep 18, 2020
Sholapey:
There's huge demands on properties everywhere in Nigeria now.

There is so much housing deficit in Nigeria.

One just needs to get Good Rental Apartments and Good Tennants....your good to go

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1544) (1545) (1546) (1547) (1548) (1549) (1550) ... (2260) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: davit and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.