Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,326 members, 7,964,400 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 01:08 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1949) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4659106 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1946) (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) (1951) (1952) ... (2266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 6:55pm On Jul 01, 2021
Knowledge is extremely valuable especially when it comes to money. Teach your kids what you never knew.

If you want to keep the generational wealth you've built/are in the process of building in the family you can't neglect the major step of passing your financial education down

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bjtinz: 7:02pm On Jul 01, 2021
Mills55:

Bidded through Stanbic, but yet to be debited. Has anyone been debited?

I've been debited. I use GTB.

From what I can calculate, it about 8.9%. rather disappointed as thought I would be higher. sad

Or I guess GTB bidded low because I believe they missed out on that last auction

Has anyone else been debited?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mills55: 7:22pm On Jul 01, 2021
bjtinz:

From what I can calculate, it about 8.9%. rather disappointed as thought I would be higher. sad

Or I guess GTB bidded low because I believe they missed out on that last auction

We wait to see what happens in Stanbic. Congrats ur bid was successful.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ugmama(m): 8:57pm On Jul 01, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

So you have being following me for years?

I have been following you too sir

Thank you for eye opening comments/contributions
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by funmido(f): 6:55am On Jul 02, 2021
Good morning everyone! Happy start to the weekend...

Kindly direct me on the no issue - best yield mmf I should jump on?

E.g- Arm, investment one, Stanbic, first bank, abacus, Meristem, or any other

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 7:02am On Jul 02, 2021
Can we conclude that nobody got capital back yesterday?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 8:14am On Jul 02, 2021
funmido:
Good morning everyone! Happy start to the weekend...

Kindly direct me on the no issue - best yield mmf I should jump on?

E.g- Arm, investment one, Stanbic, first bank, abacus, Meristem, or any other

Thank you
Come along with us at investment one.
Abacus money market fund is the name.
Open account for free with a click on the link on my signature complete the online form and your account will be opened max 48hrs. Minimum initial deposit is N1,000 and minimum holding period 30 days. You have option of reinvesting the interest.
All investors in Abacus got their interest reinvested yesterday as scheduled.
You can call or chat me up. Number is on my signature.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:02am On Jul 02, 2021
emmasoft:

Open account for free with a click on the link on my signature complete the online form and your account will be opened max 48hrs. Minimum initial deposit is N1,000 and minimum holding period 30 days. You have option of reinvesting the interest.

What of those on VGIF?.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ritapearlydove(f): 1:02pm On Jul 02, 2021
Ritapearlydove:
Distress sale.. A house in Ibeju lekki is up for sale.

All documents are intack and we are ready to sign all necessary documents to facilitate the sale.. Dm if you're a serious buyer.. this is a serious post please

8m

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mills55: 1:57pm On Jul 02, 2021
bjtinz:

From the look of things, it's like Stanbic didn't succeed. I'm yet to be debited. Is anyone with Stanbic successful here?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 2:25pm On Jul 02, 2021
NL1960:

What of those on VGIF?.

Got a mail from them this morning that my VGIF interest has been added to my account.

I didn't know I selected the "reinvest" interest option during set up.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:36pm On Jul 02, 2021
Grupo:

Got a mail from them this morning that my VGIF interest has been added to my account.

I did no get any mail. That is why i asked.

@emmasoft. Your explanation is needed.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 3:25pm On Jul 02, 2021
Grupo:

NL1960:

I did no get any mail. That is why i asked.

@emmasoft. Your explanation is needed.

I have checked my account online and seen the interest credited to my VGIF account.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 3:56pm On Jul 02, 2021
NL1960:

I have checked my account online and seen the interest credited to my VGIF account.

Oya, do give away.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Udyawanga: 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2021
Mills55:

From the look of things, it's like Stanbic didn't succeed. I'm yet to be debited. Is anyone with Stanbic successful here?
I doubt if stanbic pulls thru. Waiting for d alert but nothing. Nawaahooo!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 4:18pm On Jul 02, 2021
Grupo:

Oya, do give away.

Na re-invest now and now withdrawal. It was credited to the VGIF account as that was what i ticked.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 4:33pm On Jul 02, 2021
NL1960:

Congratulations to everyone who is compounding their funds.

Please note that during registration for any of the funds particularly VGIF and Abacus, the default option is reinvest interest except otherwise, once it's payment date ie July 1st or January 1st the interest is automatically reinvested for subscribers with that option.

To opt out, you can send a mail to customer care instructing them that going forward your interest should be paid to your registered bank account. If you wish to change your registered account send a mail for update form to make any change but the account must bear your name and tally with your verified BVN.

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:08pm On Jul 02, 2021
emmasoft:

Congratulations to everyone who are compounding their funds.

Please note that during registration for any of the funds particularly VGIF and Abacus, the default is option is reinvest interest except otherwise, once it's payment date ie July 1st or January 1st the interest is automatically reinvested for subscribers with that option.

To opt out, you can send a mail to customer care instructing them that going forward your interest should be paid to your registered bank out. If you wish to change your registered account send a mail for update form to make any change but the account must bear your name and tally with your verified BVN.

I sent a mail to your customer service yesterday morning and this morning.

Mail was not acknowledged nor replied, why
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 5:18pm On Jul 02, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

I sent a mail to your customer service yesterday morning and this morning.

Mail was not acknowledged nor replied, why

Apologize for that. I have escalated. They will get back.
Meanwhile you can also call this toll free line 08004683786368

Thank you for choosing Investment one.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Diyke4rich: 5:45pm On Jul 02, 2021
Please what is firstbank saving account interest rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 9:13pm On Jul 02, 2021
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Foodempire: 10:32pm On Jul 02, 2021
RayRay06677:
Can we conclude that nobody got capital back yesterday?

Bro, were you expecting your capital and didn't get it? Did your bank roll over your investment without notice? Kindly explain
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 5:11am On Jul 03, 2021
Foodempire:

Bro, were you expecting your capital and didn't get it? Did your bank roll over your investment without notice? Kindly explain

I didn't have maturity due for the week, I got Intel that central bank is rolling over all maturity. If that's true then it calls for worry hence my quest to validate that info so I draft my next line of action.

So once more, did anybody get capital refund on Thursday after maturity?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lovelynife(m): 6:28am On Jul 03, 2021
emmasoft:

Good morning. Please is there any fixed rate for the interest? Please can I know more about it and risk level
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 6:58am On Jul 03, 2021
Lovelynife:

Good morning. Please is there any fixed rate for the interest? Please can I know more about it and risk level

Abacus money market fund as the name implies is a MMF.

Principal underlying asset is treasury bills and commercial papers hence there is little or no risk at all. You can only lose money if the country no longer exist.

The interest is daily valued. It's currently 7.28% and it's upward looking base on economic realities right now. Interest can't be fixed because of market forces on Tbills but be rest assured there will always be interest and your capital is gurranteed.

If you are conservative with low risk apitite then Abacus mmf is best for you.

You earn interest daily but it's paid every quarter on the first day of the next quarter ie Jan 1st, April 1st, July 1st, Oct. 1st. You can also give instruction for your interest to be reinvested (compounding) which will be done automatically on those days as mentioned earlier. The one for second quarter was done two days ago (July 1st).

Your capital and interest is guaranteed.

minimum holding period is 30days and initial deposit from 1,000.

Parties to the fund:

Fund manager - investment one
Trustees: United capital trustees ltd.
custodian: citibank
regulator: SEC

You can do everything online- register and monitor your account.

Depositing money is not restricted it can be any amount from 1,000 and at any interval without a specific pattern.
Whenever you invest in the fund, your interest is prorated to cover the period of your investment before the payment date.
That means if you register and invest say 15th September 2021you will be paid interest for 15th to 30th of September for that period and continues till another payment date.

Don't forget to click the link on my signature to register for free that is the only way you can help my ministry. You can also call me. My number is on my signature.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:37am On Jul 03, 2021
emmasoft:

Apologize for that. I have escalated. They will get back.
Meanwhile you can also call this toll free line 08004683786368

Thank you for choosing Investment one.

Thank you mail replied, was replied by Mayowa last night.

Is it possible for a client to have 2 money market fund accounts with the same fund manager.

My wife has one as her emergency reserve, she is thinking of having another one for the saving of the start up capital for a business

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 9:35am On Jul 03, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Thank you mail replied was replied by Mayowa last night.

Is it possible for a client to have 2 money market fund accounts with the same fund manager.

My wife has one as her emergency reserve, she is thinking of having another one for the saving of the start up capital for a business

Very possible for Stanbic IBTC Money Market Funds. Your reason for opening the accounts for savings/investments may be different. So they allow it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:33am On Jul 03, 2021
freeman67:

Very possible for Stanbic IBTC Money Market Funds. Your reason for opening the accounts for savings/investments may be different. So they allow it.

How will you differentiate the funds when you want to invest
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by libartay(f): 11:21am On Jul 03, 2021
emmasoft:

Abacus money market fund as the name implies is a MMF.

Principal underlying asset is treasury bills and commercial papers hence there is little or no risk at all. You can only lose money if the country no longer exist.

The interest is daily valued. It's currently 7.28% and it's upward looking base on economic realities right now. Interest can't be fixed because of market forces on Tbills but be rest assured there will always be interest and your capital is gurranteed.

If you are conservative with low risk apitite then Abacus mmf is best for you.

You earn interest daily but it's paid every quarter on the first day of the next quarter ie Jan 1st, April 1st, July 1st, Oct. 1st. You can also give instruction for your interest to be reinvested (compounding) which will be done automatically on those days as mentioned earlier. The one for second quarter was done two days ago (July 1st).

Your capital and interest is guaranteed.

minimum holding period is 30days and initial deposit from 1,000.

Parties to the fund:

Fund manager - investment one
Trustees: United capital trustees ltd.
custodian: citibank
regulator: SEC

You can do everything online- register and monitor your account.

Depositing money is not restricted it can be any amount from 1,000 and at any interval without a specific pattern.
Whenever you invest in the fund, your interest is prorated to cover the period of your investment before the payment date.
That means if you register and invest say 15th September 2021you will be paid interest for 15th to 30th of September for that period and continues till another payment date.

Don't forget to click the link on my signature to register for free that is the only way you can help my ministry. You can also call me. My number is on my signature.

Emma so VGIF at 4.5% p.a int rate is no match for this Abacus right?

Or was the interest repriced at rollover this July?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 11:24am On Jul 03, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Thank you mail replied, was replied by Mayowa last night.

Yes Sir it's possible.

She should send a mail to customer care copy her account officer and complaints@investment-one.com stating that she currently has Abacus and she wants to open a sub account having abacus features with same ID.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:46am On Jul 03, 2021
emmasoft:

Yes Sir it's possible.

She should send a mail to customer care copy her account officer and complaints@investment-one.com stating that she currently has Abacus and she wants to open a sub account having abacus features with same ID.

How will she differentiate the accounts when funding them
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 11:48am On Jul 03, 2021
libartay:

Emma so VGIF at 4.5% p.a int rate is no match for this Abacus right?

Or was the interest repriced at rollover this July?

Currently it's still 4.5% becaus the benchmark SDF has not been reviewed upward.
Another meeting is coming up this July. It might be reviewed then.

For now Abacus rate is higher because the underlying asset particularly Tbills is doing better than previous year.
As at December last year Abacus was less than 1%.
You know this world na turn by turn grin

Actually VGIF has its unique features.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1946) (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) (1951) (1952) ... (2266) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Batman2412(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.