Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,238 members, 7,887,670 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:09 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2018) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4540167 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2015) (2016) (2017) (2018) (2019) (2020) (2021) ... (2250) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damosade(m): 6:56pm On Oct 24, 2021
CHoccolaTE:
Good day everyone, please I have a question for those who know about efcc operations.

A company I work with is going to transfer about 60000 dollars to nigeria to an account in my name next month for payment for me and some people. Is there any thing I should be worried about regarding efcc? I hope they will not freeze the account and money inside because of how large it is?

Is there anything I can do to ensure everything goes smoothly without any problem from efcc? Thank you.
As long as your source is genuine..
You got no issue. Just a bit of KYB will do.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 7:56pm On Oct 24, 2021
CHoccolaTE:
Good day everyone, please I have a question for those who know about efcc operations.

A company I work with is going to transfer about 60000 dollars to nigeria to an account in my name next month for payment for me and some people. Is there any thing I should be worried about regarding efcc? I hope they will not freeze the account and money inside because of how large it is?

Is there anything I can do to ensure everything goes smoothly without any problem from efcc? Thank you.
As long as it is legit as you said and you can prove it, whatever happens, you no get problem.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by highcurrent: 8:12pm On Oct 24, 2021
@choccolate, I think the company should send proof of payment or certificate which will enable easy withdrawal without questioning.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CHoccolaTE: 8:04am On Oct 25, 2021
damosade:

As long as your source is genuine..
You got no issue. Just a bit of KYB will do.

Thank you.

KYB= Know your biz cool
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CHoccolaTE: 8:04am On Oct 25, 2021
highcurrent:
@choccolate, I think the company should send proof of payment or certificate which will enable easy withdrawal without questioning.
Thanks, I guess I will have to ask them to do this.
Or to make a call to any necessary authorities in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CHoccolaTE: 8:05am On Oct 25, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
As long as it is legit as you said and you can prove it, whatever happened, you no get problem.

Thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FEGEITOK: 8:05am On Oct 25, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

What is the name of your company?

Who are CFO and legal advisers of the company?

What is the company into?

What is your position in this company?

When did you open this account?

What is the average inflow and outflow into this account?

You shared half information, we need the full gist

Too much information to share on a public thread. I'd advise you don't make these details a matter of public record. This is a good occasion to consult a lawyer.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CHoccolaTE: 8:06am On Oct 25, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

What is the name of your company?

Who are CFO and legal advisers of the company?

What is the company into?

What is your position in this company?

When did you open this account?

What is the average inflow and outflow into this account?

You shared half information, we need the full gist

grin

This is actually the first time I will be receiving this type of huge sum in the account. I can call the company managers to talk to relevant authorities and eliminate suspicions.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 8:53am On Oct 25, 2021
FEGEITOK:

Too much information to share on a public thread. I'd advise you don't make these details a matter of public record. This is a good occasion to consult a lawyer.

Nothing to consult any Lawyer for. Yes, letting out all those information comes with a very high risk because scammers can go to any length as their prying eyes are already on this thread. He just asked the question to be sure if the money is not coming through any illegal means.

CHoccolaTE:

grin

This is actually the first time I will be receiving this type of huge sum in the account. I can call the company managers to talk to relevant authorities and eliminate suspicions.
Thank you.

As it is customary and required by the bank, if and when it enters, they may flag the account especially since you have not been making transactions of that magnitude. Like others have said above, if it is genuine, there is nothing to shiver about. All you will do is to just go there and explain the source. Bank wire transfer is the right way of making any genuine payment. Even the government is canversing for remittance through banks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FEGEITOK: 9:24am On Oct 25, 2021
freeman67:

Nothing to consult any Lawyer for. Yes, letting out all those information comes with a very high risk because scammers can go to any length as their prying eyes are already on this thread. He just asked the question to be sure if the money is not coming through any illegal means.

As it is customary and required by the bank, if and when it enters, they may flag the account especially since you have not been making transactions of that magnitude. Like others have said above, if it is genuine, there is nothing to shiver about. All you will do is to just go there and explain the source. Bank wire transfer is the right way of making any genuine payment. Even the government is canversing for remittance through banks.

If the remittance is clean nothing to worry about.

The EFCC has another name, but most of the EFCC investigators are policemen. They carried over the problem of the police there. According to the law, everyone is entitled to legal representation, my angle is if you suspect trouble, then arm yourself ahead of it, than wait for it to come and start fighting it then.

He who prepares in advance ensures a better outcome.

Here is what will happen, the bank will file a Suspicious Transaction Report (STR) as required by law.

STR reporting is governed by Money Laundering Laws. Who knows better about those laws than lawyers and the bankers who deal with them day in day out?

Hope you know just how easy it is to collect personally identifiable information including banking, telecoms and address information about anyone in Nigeria.

If you know, you will keep a low profile given the information you have already disclosed.

Peace out.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:26am On Oct 25, 2021
CHoccolaTE:

grin

Thank you.

Nothing to fear, if is legit beyond reasonable doubt. Although your relationship manager is expected to alert the relevant authourities
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Labadi69: 1:08pm On Oct 25, 2021
CHoccolaTE:

Clearly the proceeds of yahoo yahoo. And some idiots fell for this and gave this criminal advice on how to go about this? Yamayama fall on all you dullards angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CHoccolaTE: 2:21pm On Oct 25, 2021
Labadi69:

Clearly the proceeds of yahoo yahoo. And some idiots fell for this and gave this criminal advice on how to go about this? Yamayama fall on all you dullards angry angry angry

It's not Yahoo at all.
If it was Yahoo do you think I would risk sending the money to an account in Nigeria where I can be easily caught by efcc?
I know it's hard for you to believe but some people do honest work and get well paid for it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 2:33pm On Oct 25, 2021
Labadi69:

Yahoo or no yahoo, as long as he can defend it when called upon, he no get problem. Aslong as picker no send the money directly from drop/mules.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Labadi69: 2:35pm On Oct 25, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
Yahoo or no yahoo, as long as he can defend it when called upon, he no get problem. Aslong as picker no send the money directly from drop/mules.

undecided
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
CHoccolaTE:

It's not Yahoo at all.
If it was Yahoo do you think I would risk sending the money to an account in Nigeria where I can be easily caught by efcc?
I know it's hard for you to believe but some people do honest work and get well paid for it.

You have nothing to fear since the transaction is legitimate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 5:35pm On Oct 25, 2021
Labadi69:

Hian, if you use that derogatory word called Yamayama on this thread again , you will be flogged 60,000 lashes of koboko laden with chilly pepper and your nairaland account will be banned for 25 years shocked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 9:11am On Oct 26, 2021
AngelicBeing:
Hian, if you use that derogatory word called Yamayama on this thread again , you will be flogged 60,000 lashes of koboko laden with chilly pepper and your nairaland account will be banned for 25 years shocked

As your lordship pleases cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 12:46pm On Oct 26, 2021
AngelicBeing:

It seems that the people in that picture were only interested in delivering pain to a carefully selected spot - his bumbum. See how they padded his weewee and spine very well. Very pleasant fellows. wink
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 2:27pm On Oct 26, 2021
ositadima1:

It seems that the people in that picture were only interested in delivering pain to a carefully selected spot - his bumbum. See how they padded his weewee and spine very well. Very pleasant fellows. wink
Yes l agree with you, Any Derogatory comments again on this platform will be matched with serious flogging and outright banning of the users account from 25, 50, 75 or 100 years banning from Nairaland.com wink

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wiseoldman: 4:22pm On Oct 26, 2021
CHoccolaTE:

Bros, you need to be ready to defend the transaction with your full chest. When that money enters your account, you are legally responsible. I have seem a couple of noble men become "pickers" recently...one of them was an innocent car dealer. The buyer paid him 5X for a car that cost 2X from a strange account. He then gave 3X balance innocently to the "nice" buyer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 26, 2021
GonFreecss1:

When good companies are overvalued, you will pay school fees, no matter how fundamentally sound the company is.

I also think Tesla is a nice company, I love what they do, but as far as investments? I am not touching that company with my money. It can keep running up if it wants to. Wouldn’t move me.

Hello there,

Have you checked TSLA price recently?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 7:40pm On Oct 26, 2021
Labadi69:

All this Okpo wey carry yamayama disease for abuna don flood this thread sha angry angry angry
Hian,

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DJ28: 11:42pm On Oct 26, 2021
Good day to you All.

Is Cititrust Financial Services a legit company to invest in?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 11:56pm On Oct 26, 2021
koonbey:

Hello there,

Have you checked TSLA price recently?

Oh my beautiful Tesla... One of my sweet investments for the year. Imagine buying several units of TSLA at $300 per share (now it's $1018) when naira was 420 (now it's 560) cheesy grin cool

O por

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 12:03am On Oct 27, 2021
CHoccolaTE:

Why not tell your company to pay via Deel. It's very sweet and easy. I received salary via Deel for about 6 months in Nigeria before relocating, and it worked seamlessly.

I'm against this sending of $60k to your account because of various reasons.

1. Naija factor. CBN is desperate, EFCC is a mess. If it's possible to avoid them prying into your business, please do.
2. Depending on how many people you are transferring to, what of charges? what of transaction limits? Since each person will be using different banks.
3. If it's a recurring payment? Is this how they will be transferring $60k to you every month?
4. How are you going to handle tax? As this obviously is a business transaction.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FEGEITOK: 3:16am On Oct 27, 2021
Tobex4realTobex234:

Oh my beautiful Tesla... One of my sweet investments for the year. Imagine buying several units of TSLA at $300 per share (now it's $1018) when naira was 420 (now it's 560) cheesy grin cool

O por

Please what app is this?

Beautiful app.
Smart choice of investment.

STEM rules not commodities/trading like in some backwaters smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 27, 2021
CHoccolaTE:

If you are doing a legit business that can be bringing you 60k dollars monthly, I find it bizarre that it is on Nairaland you are coming to ask strangers this question undecided

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 27, 2021
DJ28:
Good day to you All.

Is Cititrust Financial Services a legit company to invest in?

Email or send a tweet to SEC.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 27, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

You have nothing to fear since the transaction is legitimate

Highly doubtful…

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2015) (2016) (2017) (2018) (2019) (2020) (2021) ... (2250) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: spido(m), cutedharmee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.