Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,239 members, 7,880,895 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:49 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2032) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4530195 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2029) (2030) (2031) (2032) (2033) (2034) (2035) ... (2248) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kalu61(m): 5:00pm On Nov 23, 2021
yinkaoke:
Please great people which one is this again in the attached from ibtc n MTN? Anyone who can explain
What's your confusion?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 7:27pm On Nov 23, 2021
Oh yes im trembling with fear, Do you like being an idlotic arzehole CIA?

Lazyyouth4u:

Enjoy Kuje wink

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sammily(m): 9:54pm On Nov 23, 2021
kalu61:
Minimum 5m grin

I guess is for people with idle funds and wants to invest it for short period. The rate for the 90 days CP is better than 91 days TB.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kalu61(m): 11:20pm On Nov 23, 2021
sammily:

I guess is for people with idle funds and wants to invest it for short period. The rate for the 90 days CP is better than 91 days TB.
90 days is better that both. 8.5% in 4 months against 10% in 9 months.

If one invest well, you fit get 13-16% within same period

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 5:56am On Nov 24, 2021
kalu61:
90 days is better that both. 8.5% in 4 months against 10% in 9 months.

If one invest well, you fit get 13-16% within same period
;

grin grin grin. How will that happen please?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 1:25pm On Nov 24, 2021
yinkaoke:
Please great people which one is this again in the attached from ibtc n MTN? Anyone who can explain

I just contact my stock broker on this. I was told that it's an MTN share IPO. This week is for the institutional investors and High Network Individual. While next week is for retail investors....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 9:07pm On Nov 24, 2021
Kindly find below results of todays NTB auction.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 6:12pm On Nov 26, 2021
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 7:45pm On Nov 26, 2021
skydiver01:
Look at how Emefiele destroyed tb yet everyday they are securing external loans. Smh

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 11:32am On Nov 27, 2021
skydiver01:

TB rates are finally getting to a place where it makes some sense for the nation. If at 5.8%, the 364 day TB is still being oversubscribed by about 100%, it simply means there's good room to push rates lower. Perhaps to less than 2.5% until appetite plateaus... It's just common sense...

It's quite clear that the exorbitant rates the cbn paid on TBs were seen as a way of injecting new fiat into the economy. That has been extremely ineffective. If the CBN wants to introduce new money, they should do that via other means where it gets to the target audience directly and not by rewarding 'briefcase' investors with huge interest rates that eventually have little or no effect on the real economy.

I believe that even at 2%, TBs will continue to be oversubscribed. What this also means is that there's lots of institutional money trapped on bank balances and looking for where to invest. What the CBN should do is streamline the process and support macroeconomic policies that make investing in instruments that support the real economy less cumbersome and relatively safe E.g housing, transport e.t.c. If the CBN is still looking for what to use newly minted money for, they could give a 10% bonus plus fee refund to every new person under 30 that decides to invest in the NSE with a 2 year lockup period (using their bvn to confirm). That would help the economy much better that giving already rich folks >10% in the name of TBs

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Labadi69: 2:30pm On Nov 27, 2021
chigo4u:

Look at how Emefiele destroyed tb yet everyday they are securing external loans. Smh

Emefiele should have kept TB rates high for you na. So that you go fit build upstairs for your village on top T bills. May yamayama fall on that your bald head for this nonesense wey you type so angry
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 4:34pm On Nov 27, 2021
Labadi69:

Emefiele should have kept TB rates high for you na. So that you go fit build upstairs for your village on top T bills. May yamayama fall on that your bald head for this nonesense wey you type so angry
So now I can’t build upstairs in my village because Emefiele kept t bills low. Clown

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 10:25pm On Nov 27, 2021
If we follow last year's trend...the rate is expected to go further down by December but will start to go up by January/February 2022.
jedisco:

TB rates are finally getting to a place where it makes some sense for the nation. If at 5.8%, the 364 day TB is still being oversubscribed by about 100%, it simply means there's good room to push rates lower. Perhaps to less than 2.5% until appetite plateaus... It's just common sense...

It's quite clear that the exorbitant rates the cbn paid on TBs were seen as a way of injecting new fiat into the economy. That has been extremely ineffective. If the CBN wants to introduce new money, they should do that via other means where it gets to the target audience directly and not by rewarding 'briefcase' investors with huge interest rates that eventually have little or no effect on the real economy.

I believe that even at 2%, TBs will continue to be oversubscribed. What this also means is that there's lots of institutional money trapped on bank balances and looking for where to invest. What the CBN should do is streamline the process and support macroeconomic policies that make investing in instruments that support the real economy less cumbersome and relatively safe E.g housing, transport e.t.c. If the CBN is still looking for what to use newly minted money for, they could give a 10% bonus plus fee refund to every new person under 30 that decides to invest in the NSE with a 2 year lockup period (using their bvn to confirm). That would help the economy much better that giving already rich folks >10% in the name of TBs

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Labadi69: 12:43am On Nov 28, 2021
XiaoLi:
If we follow last year's trend...the rate is expected to go further down by December but will start to go up by January/February 2022.

Another yamayama theorist spotted. Did you think well before posting this senseless post? How the fk are you going to be using last year’s trend to determine the direction of 2022rates? Did you think about elections? Oil price? Global inflation? Which kind yamayama people dey this thread so? angry

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 4:13am On Nov 28, 2021
XiaoLi:

Let's see how it goes....
But if offers are still well oversubscribed at 5%, then I don't see the justification to increase rates. Higher TB rates would also affect lending rates by banks as most use that as a benchmark.

It seems the many intervention schemes the CBN has delved into is their way of injecting new fiat directly into sectors that matter. There'd be some element of corruption with these schemes but it's still largely more effective than excessively high TB rates.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Labadi69: 8:13am On Nov 28, 2021
jedisco:

Let's see how it goes....
But if offers are still well oversubscribed at 5%, then I don't see the justification to increase rates. Higher TB rates would also affect lending rates by banks as most use that as a benchmark.

It seems the many intervention schemes the CBN has delved into is their way of injecting new fiat directly into sectors that matter. There'd be some element of corruption with these schemes but it's still largely more effective than excessively high TB rates.

Congrats on writing a short straight to the point post since you started writing here. First time I’m reading your comment from beginning to end. Please keep your posts as simple and short as this. No more of those very long yamayama epistles wey people dey jump and pass to avoid getting bad migraine angry

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:12am On Nov 29, 2021
Do you agree with this?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kalu61(m): 8:41am On Nov 29, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
Do you agree with this?
I agree and disagree at same time.

Yes, being rich starts from the mind set which the first paragraph clearly stated and disagree because it doesn't guarantee physical translation of wealth. Sometimes, it not by your works na God just what bless you.

I agree with the second statement because the poor man has first accepted his fate and now blaming "things" for it but disagree in that in rare occasions God still bless some out of the moon. Some still hustle and criticized too. All rich men can't be thieves neither are all rich me saints.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ezinwaJesu(m): 9:17am On Nov 29, 2021
Oga, you can drive home your point without insulting people. This is not nairaland politics section where insults reign supreme. I want to believe you are an adult and you should act like one. People come here from different spheres of life to learn and to contribute. Your type of contribution is needed in nairaland politics.

Labadi69:

Another yamayama theorist spotted. Did you think well before posting this senseless post? How the fk are you going to be using last year’s trend to determine the direction of 2022rates? Did you think about elections? Oil price? Global inflation? Which kind yamayama people dey this thread so? angry

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 9:29am On Nov 29, 2021
I agree with the second, an example is that troll here called lazyyut.
emmanuelewumi:
Do you agree with this?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:07am On Nov 29, 2021
kalu61:

I agree and disagree at same time.

Yes, being rich starts from the mind set which the first paragraph clearly stated and disagree because it doesn't guarantee physical translation of wealth. Sometimes, it not by your works na God just what bless you.

I agree with the second statement because the poor man has first accepted his fate and now blaming "things" for it but disagree in that in rare occasions God still bless some out of the moon. Some still hustle and criticized too. All rich men can't be thieves neither are all rich me saints.

He was referring to the mind.

In the article, he said a criminal with a lot of money is not a rich man.

He said a rich man will can die trying to have money, while a poor man can kill in order to have money

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Neverlosemoney: 12:49pm On Nov 29, 2021
Labadi69:

All this yamayama motivational quotes that the poor man uses to console himself. Real life doesn’t work like this jare. A word is enough for the wise. Make una go hustle angry
You are not willing to teach us Anything and those who have decided to take their Time to teach us something, you want to see them silent. Why? Does your actions really feels right to you?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Labadi69: 1:37pm On Nov 29, 2021
Neverlosemoney:

You are not willing to teach us Anything and those who have decided to take their Time to teach us something, you want to see them silent. Why? Does your actions really feels right to you?

Stop being ignorant you this student. What you need is someone to teach you how to hustle. Not yamayama motivational quotes. Motivational quotes are for lazy fools. Go out go hustle if you no want make yamayama nack that your bald head angry

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Neverlosemoney: 2:21pm On Nov 29, 2021
Labadi69:

Stop being ignorant you this student. What you need is someone to teach you how to hustle. Not yamayama motivational quotes. Motivational quotes is for lazy fools. Go out go hustle if you no want make yamayama nack that your bald head angry
Lol….if I may ask….what is your definition of hustle?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mohzus: 3:36pm On Nov 29, 2021
40 years old man ,They've left you behind.u say Na to beg with one account and troll with the other okay ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 6:07am On Nov 30, 2021
How old is this Mr yamayama? Some people just hate serenity.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by stevemims(m): 7:20am On Nov 30, 2021
cheesy cheesy
RayRay06677:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Labadi69: 7:22am On Nov 30, 2021
RayRay06677:

Huh? angry

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 2:28pm On Nov 30, 2021
Hmm...

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:32pm On Nov 30, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
Hmm...

Lamentations, will NOT help anyone. Just invest, invest and Invest.

A senior family friend who is now 80 years old was a bank manager at Union Bank in 1981.

He got a loan of N30,000 or $50,000 in 1981 to build a twin duplex at Gbadaga very close to Mobil filling station.

I doubt if he would sell the investment for N100 million or about $200,000 in 2021.

May our past NEVER be better than our present or future.

The only way to avoid this is to invest

14 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:36pm On Nov 30, 2021
Peugeot 504 was about N5000 in 1980, how many Nigerians could afford it.

Apartments in Jakande Estates were sold for N4000 in 1981, how many Lagosians could afford it. Those who got loans for the apartments were senior civil servants

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2029) (2030) (2031) (2032) (2033) (2034) (2035) ... (2248) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.