Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,323 members, 7,888,024 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:43 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4540615 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (2250) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 11:44am On Apr 13, 2017
Alikote:
u where a learner then ....u could have given it out on hire purchase that the smart investor ranking in 40 percent on the investment then spread over 24 months any bridge of term your cab is back to u ensure u sale after3-4 year max cos of deminshing returns

I never mentioned the reason why the transportation business failed. I only regretted venturing into it without stating why. I think you should read it again.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 13, 2017
Agbaletu:

I never mentioned the reason why the transportation business failed. I only regretted venturing into it without stating why. I think you should read it again.

Why did it failed ...pls tell us as am about to take the same route..ur experience might help Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 12:15pm On Apr 13, 2017
vacanci:
You guys should stop chatting this @alikote guy. All his analysis has put treasury bills at the back of priority. I wonder what he is doing on this thread if he has what is best for him. Imagine him comparing Etisalat default to that of FGN.

Everyone is a learner except him, yet he is on this thread to decimate the number of people doing what is going on well for them. Everything he does, he doesn't compete with people. He is the only business magnate so everything turns to gold. There is no risk in what he does, yet he sells up to 1,800 bags of cement during raining season. In patience Jonathan voice "na only you wake come".

He talks of land in Lekki 20 to 30 years ago. That is simply in relation to his present status. Who says that even 20 years ago, it was that easy to own property there. Na only Lekki dey for map. He doesn't even know that government policy alone has reclaim so many lands even in Abuja. I have a land bought for under 1 million naira 6 years ago. Development yet to catch up up to now. Even to sell at 800k, buyers no dey.

My immediate younger brother gave out 3 Keke napep to someone on high purchase. He invested 1.35M naira. 14 months gone, one story or the other. One of the Keke is now a write off.

But in the world of Alikote, once you invest in transport business, money rolls. No accidented vehicles among the fleets. No fatality on the part of the drivers. Insurance nko, for where. No routine maintenance sef. Just multiply daily income by 365 and you know what will be in your bank by the end of the year. This is because all the passengers queue at his own vehicles. What a perfect world.

Why didn't he buy land in Maitama and Asokoro in the 90s too. For the sake of this argument, he might say the has land in such places just to further give us that perfect picture.

In the name of God, I come against anyone that will derail me from my found love for TB and Bonds which has solved major challenges for me.

There is no one that has a perfect picture of the kinda profit he makes from cement business that will do treasury bills. Who no like bigger money.

Do you think the likes of otedola, dangote and adenuga do treasury bills? What they are into, pays them far more. So what is Alikote doing on this thread when all the perfect business he has pointed gives over 100% of principal when treasury bills gives far less. He is simply acting movies. He is the script writer and every other person is just a learner.

Alikote is living in utopian. simple.

I wonder why he is selling such a low number of 1800 bags in a month when other people are selling 1800 trailers in a month. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 12:21pm On Apr 13, 2017
NL1960:

I wonder why he is selling such a low number of 1800 bags in a month when other people are selling 1800 trailers in a month. cheesy

lol
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 12:22pm On Apr 13, 2017
Tritri:

Why did it failed ...pls tell us as am about to take the same route..ur experience might help Thanks.
I did not monitor the business because of other engagements.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amjustme2: 12:33pm On Apr 13, 2017
chukzyfcbb:

secondary market means u will be buying from the bank I.e the bank will sell to you from the thier own investment already made. if they invested tbills at 17% 364days for instance, the secondary market means they could offer u 15% 364days from that investment they made earlier, so its not fresh like the primary market where bidding takes place.
below are the fees deduction from fbn

say you invest 1milloon
at 10% 364days
interest ought to be 100,000

custodian fee(0.125%) - 125naira
commission fee (0.10%) -100naira
transaction fee (#100) - 100naira
Vat (5% of all three) - 5% of 325= 16.25

making a grand total of 125+100+100+16.25= 341
so after deducting 341 from the 100,000
your actual interest will be = 99,659 for the year
this should be the charges on 1m investment according to first bank.

Thanks for the breakdown,
However, First Bank said the Custodian Fee is 5%. Is that usual? It sounded odd to my hearing when 'She' mentioned it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelaaG: 1:48pm On Apr 13, 2017
Nigeria: Inflation Declines By 0.52 Percent in March

http://allafrica.com/stories/201704130613.html

The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) on Thursday said that inflation dropped by 0.52 per cent in March, the second decline recorded on the year- on- year basis.

The first decline was recorded in February when inflation dropped by 0.94 per cent.

In its latest Consumer Price Index (CPI) for March released in Abuja, the bureau stated that the index, which measured inflation increased by 17.26 per cent year-on-year.

I dont however expect the Tbills rates to start dropping any moment soon..

But I advise investors to go long as much as you can! cos the drop in rates when it starts would be steep!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 2:22pm On Apr 13, 2017
feelaaG:
Nigeria: Inflation Declines By 0.52 Percent in March

http://allafrica.com/stories/201704130613.html

The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) on Thursday said that inflation dropped by 0.52 per cent in March, the second decline recorded on the year- on- year basis.

The first decline was recorded in February when inflation dropped by 0.94 per cent.

In its latest Consumer Price Index (CPI) for March released in Abuja, the bureau stated that the index, which measured inflation increased by 17.26 per cent year-on-year.

I dont however expect the Tbills rates to start dropping any moment soon..

But I advise investors to go long as much as you can! cos the drop in rates when it starts would be steep!

i quite agree
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OakPearl(m): 2:53pm On Apr 13, 2017
spiceeamiee:
Hello house.. Good morning. I have been following this thread for a while and I have learnt a lot, thanks to all of you. I had some money I kept aside in fixed deposit just before I got married. I told my husband about it once but told him I put in bonds so he will not ask me for it. In December, I terminated the fixed deposit and I was looking to buy a property and start building my house. My sister advised me to start a business but I do not have the entrepreneurial spirit. I did not know what to do with the money until I stumbled upon this page. I read everything I could on NTB and last week, I placed a bid with First bank for 364 days. I was told the rate was 18.2 and I went with it. I just received my upfront interest and now I am going to add my little savings money to it so I can buy the land and when the NTB matures next year, I will use it to start the building. Depending on what I want and if prices of building materials still remain the same, that should be enough to finish the building to a very reasonable extent.

Thank you all for your help.

You are simply a virtuous woman.

Pro 31:10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

And for that land you are about to buy? Take a look at verse 16.

16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

That's what you are ma.
Very commendable.

Until what you know becomes what you do, you don't know anything!

As much as people condemn others in error, I am for commending every sound and wise step taken by anyone.
Keep pressing, don't stop!
God bless your honest efforts.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Lalaska(m): 4:30pm On Apr 13, 2017
Also note that the bank will charge you 0.5% of any amount you want to withdraw from your dorm account.

ihedioramma:
Well done . Can the dorm account open in any bank? How many dollar can one use to open the account ? Can one get good profit in dorm account ? .
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ihedioramma: 6:49pm On Apr 13, 2017
Alikote:
dont buy dollar now the price not stable keep your eyes on crude prices,nigeria production and cbn intervention etc i bought at 365 and sold at 410 with just 2500 dollar i made 112 k within a week...dont put plenty money unless u getting at 305
cheesy that's cool money . please how do you buy it and sell ? . And you forget to tell me how many dollars i will use to open the account ? .
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 7:03pm On Apr 13, 2017
ihedioramma:
cheesy that's cool money . please how do you buy it and sell ? . And you forget to tell me how many dollars i will use to open the account ? .

To open a dorm account with Diamondbank u need a minimum of a hundred dollars, plus the usual paper work. Then pls ignore the rhetoric's from @alikote its not soo easy to buy and sell dollars especially in these days of heavy fluctuations. most of these bureau de change guys have very cheap source of dollar.....as low as N305/$, if u have such contacts then u r good to go.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 7:10pm On Apr 13, 2017
vacanci:
You guys should stop chatting this @alikote guy. All his analysis has put treasury bills at the back of priority. I wonder what he is doing on this thread if he has what is best for him. Imagine him comparing Etisalat default to that of FGN.

Everyone is a learner except him, yet he is on this thread to decimate the number of people doing what is going on well for them. Everything he does, he doesn't compete with people. He is the only business magnate so everything turns to gold. There is no risk in what he does, yet he sells up to 1,800 bags of cement during raining season. In patience Jonathan voice "na only you wake come".

He talks of land in Lekki 20 to 30 years ago. That is simply in relation to his present status. Who says that even 20 years ago, it was that easy to own property there. Na only Lekki dey for map. He doesn't even know that government policy alone has reclaim so many lands even in Abuja. I have a land bought for under 1 million naira 6 years ago. Development yet to catch up up to now. Even to sell at 800k, buyers no dey.

My immediate younger brother gave out 3 Keke napep to someone on high purchase. He invested 1.35M naira. 14 months gone, one story or the other. One of the Keke is now a write off.

But in the world of Alikote, once you invest in transport business, money rolls. No accidented vehicles among the fleets. No fatality on the part of the drivers. Insurance nko, for where. No routine maintenance sef. Just multiply daily income by 365 and you know what will be in your bank by the end of the year. This is because all the passengers queue at his own vehicles. What a perfect world.

Why didn't he buy land in Maitama and Asokoro in the 90s too. For the sake of this argument, he might say the has land in such places just to further give us that perfect picture.

In the name of God, I come against anyone that will derail me from my found love for TB and Bonds which has solved major challenges for me.

There is no one that has a perfect picture of the kinda profit he makes from cement business that will do treasury bills. Who no like bigger money.

Do you think the likes of otedola, dangote and adenuga do treasury bills? What they are into, pays them far more. So what is Alikote doing on this thread when all the perfect business he has pointed gives over 100% of principal when treasury bills gives far less. He is simply acting movies. He is the script writer and every other person is just a learner.

Alikote is living in utopian. simple.

well said....

if u reason these @alikote guy wella, he may not even be a business man. grin

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 13, 2017
[quote author=zamirikpo post=55543870][/quote]see what i do show us yours

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ihedioramma: 8:51pm On Apr 13, 2017
zamirikpo:

To open a dorm account with Diamondbank u need a minimum of a hundred dollars, plus the usual paper work. Then pls ignore the rhetoric's from @alikote its not soo easy to buy and sell dollars especially in these days of heavy fluctuations. most of these bureau de change guys have very cheap source of dollar.....as low as N305/$, if u have such contacts then u r good to go.
Thank's .
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 11:13am On Apr 14, 2017
Alikote:
see what i do show us yours

U sell peddler trucks.....funny though cos I use peddler trucks for a living, I own a couple.........unfortunately I don't have any pix to show u. but google jonkay petroleum...we r small sha.....we dey try raise our head. I could furnish u with any info. u need in my field.

AGO, PMS and DPK supplies.

But wait ooo...... I thought u said u sell cement, how do handle so many businesses at dsame time grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 14, 2017
zamirikpo:

U sell peddler trucks.....funny though cos I use peddler trucks for a living, I own a couple.........unfortunately I don't have any pix to show u. but google jonkay petroleum...we r small sha.....we dey try raise our head. I could furnish u with any info. u need in my field.

AGO, PMS and DPK supplies.

But wait ooo...... I thought u said u sell cement, how do handle so many businesses at dsame time grin
i dont sell peddlers ..i transport jet fuel for MRS oil plc they 45 thousand liters i also own a peddler 15 thousand litre that refuel my trucks ...

the cement business provides daily expenses money(calls food,fuel) the cement business is straight forward low over head high turn over ,

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 14, 2017
am looking for 7 investors that we can jointly owned a Bdc together each of this investor shall provide 5 m and each person will own 14.2 percent of the 100 percent ,we flout a new name and incorperate with cac

NB the 35 m will be returned after 3 months once licence is granted by cbn
the account will be jointly managed by all
once we start receiving the 20 k dollar weekly this will be divided by 7
and everbody carry 2,285 and sell at a margin
we all be present at auction days to share the 20 k dollar in the bank

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vacanci: 4:36pm On Apr 14, 2017
Alikote:
am looking for 7 investors that we can jointly owned a Bdc together each of this investor shall provide 5 m and each person will own 14.2 percent of the 100 percent ,we flout a new name and incorperate with cac

NB the 35 m will be returned after 3 months once licence is granted by cbn
the account will be jointly managed by all
once we start receiving the 20 k dollar weekly this will be divided by 7
and everbody carry 2,285 and sell at a margin
we all be present at auction days to share the 20 k dollar in the bank

With all the comments to derail people from doing treasury bills and all the heated debates, I have been looking forward to you proposing one business to the house.

I will advise you take this proposal to another investment post.

Anyone that falls for this, does at his/her own risk. For me I run far away. My reason is that, with all alikote has said, he should be able to finance a bdc with 35m alone comfortably.

Scam alerts!!!!

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 4:56pm On Apr 14, 2017
grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 14, 2017
vacanci:

With all the comments to derail people from doing treasury bills and all the heated debates, I have been looking forward to you proposing one business to the house.

I will advise you take this proposal to another investment post.

Anyone that falls for this, does at his/her own risk. For me I run far away. My reason is that, with all alikote has said, he should be able to finance a bdc with 35m alone comfortably.

Scam alerts!!!!
you got it all wrong undecidedi never said any body shouldn't do tb ...some body complained that he invested 500k and and got 75 k as interest per anum that it was too small may be he was expecting 75 k per month so i advised him that tb is sweeter if your capital s huge and he should do small business instead with the 500 k that can generate 40 k permonth is better for him...Nigerian as usual turn it upside down

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 7:00pm On Apr 14, 2017
Alikote:
you got it all wrong undecidedi never said any body shouldn't do tb ...some body complained that he invested 500k and and got 75 k as interest per anum that it was too small may be he was expecting 75 k per month so i advised him that tb is sweeter if your capital s huge and he should do small business instead with the 500 k that can generate 40 k permonth is better for him...Nigerian as usual turn it upside down

@vacani has legitimate worries and has made his point, I also understand ur point @alikote but I try most times not to generalize , bcs one man's food could be another mans poison.

then out of curiosity why do u need 35m to start bureau de change business and how do u source dollars.....at an attractive rate. finally, wots cbn's criteria for running one

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by gentlemate00: 7:07pm On Apr 14, 2017
Pls which of the bank do you purchase FGN BOND through them......Thanks

unite4real:

It may not be much. If you want to have an idea of the rate of the savings bond, keep an eye on the 3 months Treasury bills. It will just be around it. This is because the payment is quarterly which is like buying 3 months bills and reinvesting. The highest the savings bond will go is to catch up with rate for 91 day TB.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 7:30pm On Apr 14, 2017
gentlemate00:

Pls which of the bank do you purchase FGN BOND through them......Thanks

Access bank and GTBANK
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tundebabzy: 8:22pm On Apr 14, 2017
@alikote and ko, una doh ooo. Make una derail the thread finish ooooo

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by gentlemate00: 2:54am On Apr 15, 2017
Thank you very much my oga Unite4real God bless you....I actually check with gtb they refer me to this company Datamaxregistrars for any information about FGN BOND. I was told they will answer my query regard bond.

Datamaxregistrar serve has registrar for gtb

unite4real:

Access bank and GTBANK
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by obsyk: 8:41am On Apr 15, 2017
unite4real:

Access bank and GTBANK
morning please I would like to ask u some questions on the fgn bond
1) when u invested in the 2020 5yr bond was it a new issue then.
2) the bid interest rate u filled was it same as the coupon rate.
3)concerning the coupon and the bid interest rate of the same 2020 5yr you invested in that is now reopening will the bid interest rate I am to fill how much discount or premium I want from the face value or yield I want because the coupon is always fixed.
4)if the bid interest rate is more than the coupon rate e.g for the 14.50%fgnjuly2021 with marginal rate of 15.9899 the amount I am meant to pay is (14.5/15.9899)* what the par value of the bond is.
5)if the bid interest rate of 15.5000 is what I got after the auction of the 14.50% fgn july2021 in which I filled amount of 10m what will I pay and how much will I get back at maturity.
thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gazelle22: 6:24pm On Apr 15, 2017
Tbills went above 23% in the last auction

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gazelle22: 6:24pm On Apr 15, 2017

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by omotech: 6:43pm On Apr 15, 2017
IamZod:
Hello house, Good day. This will be my first time commenting on this thread.
I am new to this Treasury bills thing.
I really want to invest on it this month....
I don't know how to go about it and is it only a minimum of a 100k that can be invested? Can't I invest below that?
Pls let gurus in d house kindly answer this question because I'm also interested, but I have little money, plz for God sake I need help on this matter thanx in advance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 6:52pm On Apr 15, 2017
Gazelle22:
Tbills went above 23% in the last auction

this is not true please. The last auction closed at 18.74% for 364 days. Your screenshot showed the true yield while on the other auctions before the last one you captured the rates and not true yield. This inconsistency has lead to misinformation.

What is usually published as closing rates are not true yields but the bid rates please. find below from CBN website

Auction Date 4/5/2017
Security Type NTB
Tenor 364
Auction No 05-04-2017-364 Day
Auction Primary Market
Maturity Date 4/5/2018
Total Subscription 166773.15
Total Successful 166403.15
Range Bid 18.0000 - 21.0000
Successful Bid Rates 18.0000 - 18.7411
Description Issue
Rate 18.7411
True Yield 23.0489
Amount Offered (mn) 166403.15

look at the range of bid, you will see that nobody bid above 21%. Look at successful bid rates and you see it is between 18% and 18.7411%

https://www.cbn.gov.ng/rates/GovtSecuritiesDrillDown.asp?market=NTBP

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (2250) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Omonigeriarere, SetrakusRa(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.