Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,788 members, 7,930,678 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 04:11 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4608532 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (2260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ihedioramma: 9:23pm On Sep 04, 2017
babakess:

Assuming 18%.........it will be 10,467,000
Thank's, i hope is in TB ?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chidicute(m): 10:08pm On Sep 04, 2017
Good day house..hope someone can use one acct for several TB, as many times as he wants, and secondly, when is the next auction gona take place?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ihedioramma: 10:15pm On Sep 04, 2017
chidicute:
Good day house..hope someone can use one acct for several TB, as many times as he wants, and secondly, when is the next auction gona take place?
Yes . 13
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Capital247: 11:29pm On Sep 04, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Spread your Investments, have a business, create multiple streams of income for yourself .

This is a systematic risk in which diversification can not mitigate the associated risk.
And moreover, this has happend in many countries around the world, local debt are the cheapest a government can undertake.
For local debt repayment, government print currency to meet up with payment and the multiplier effect of this is increase in inflation. But a good economics can cushion the effect by increase the Monetary policy rate which will encourage investment to mop up the money in circulation

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mascotlawman: 9:33am On Sep 05, 2017
please is there anyone in Isolo, ejigbo or okota axis? I have visited all the First Bank there an
d they told me that they are not doing primary market for any amount bellow 50m.

please is there any alternative? where did u execute ur bid in Lagos? they also told me that unless you have an existing primary market bid that is running before the law of 50m, before u can add to it.

ur help is highly needed here.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Capital247: 10:23am On Sep 05, 2017
Mascotlawman:
please is there anyone in Isolo, ejigbo or okota axis? I have visited all the First Bank there an
d they told me that they are not doing primary market for any amount bellow 50m.

please is there any alternative? where did u execute ur bid in Lagos? they also told me that unless you have an existing primary market bid that is running before the law of 50m, before u can add to it.

You can not trade below 50m in the primary market.........
You can negotiate a good deals with some banks if have above 20m, or better still combine with someone to raise the investment funds to 50m to enable you to trade in the primary market.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chidicute(m): 10:26am On Sep 05, 2017
ihedioramma:
Yes . 13
Thanks bro. that means I better get ready 13th is jus next week
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:28am On Sep 05, 2017
Capital247:

You can negotiate a good deals with some banks if have above 20m, or better still combine with someone to raise the investment funds to 50m to enable you to trade in the primary market.

You can trade below N50 million in the primary market. I bought N1.5 million in the last primary market through first bank.

All the first bank branches in Lagos island will even accept 100k for primary market.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:35am On Sep 05, 2017
Mascotlawman:

I think some area managers of first bank are trying to discourage Treasury Bills investment. Ajao Estate branch is also under Isolo area manager. Ajao Estate will not accept anything less than N50 million, they said it was the directive from their area office, but they accept 100k for secondary market.

I will advise you do your transaction on the island.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chyima(f): 11:35am On Sep 05, 2017
Capital247:

stop with the wrong information,you can actually get tb for as low as 100K,branches are the only one discouraging it because it doesn't yield high profit for the branch hence they encourage fixed deposit instead,but visting a branch close where high net worth customer reside and where knowledgeable people reside you can't be denied cos they know this people have the information

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Fratello(m): 11:38am On Sep 05, 2017
TONY56:

Pls state whatever advice you need here so that many others too can learn or gain from it as that will save the trouble of having to give same advice or explanations all over again.
But I also think that you should take the advice of taking the "pain" of going through this thread from page 0 for better understanding as ALL the advice and questions you may be seeking have been dealt with SEVERALLY by many knowledgeable members of this forum.
I hope you will understand and not think that I am bluffing.

Thank you. I understand.
I um... I planned on visiting another branch of First Bank in my area for the TB investment. As a newbie, I'm faced with how to go about it without appearing too "jjc-like" to the officer. And also I'll like to know what and what I'll likely fill or take with me.

I just need your knowledgeable direction or more. Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ihedioramma: 11:52am On Sep 05, 2017
chidicute:

Thanks bro. that means I better get ready 13th is jus next week
Yes but you have to go bank on 11th .

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 12:08pm On Sep 05, 2017
Reyus:

You are not alone.. some other people have had similar experience. Do not worry. It be hell for GTbank if they do not credit your account on maturity.
I think they are using the cash value to do business that will give them higher interest margin than TBILLS is giving you.
Good morning..
Any updates..?
I just left my bank now.....my Accounting officer said my Rate is 18.1%....I went further in explaining to her why my GTB Treasury bills Account have not been updated with my latest investment,,..she said that because of the holiday that i should check within this week....
Any updates here....?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 12:10pm On Sep 05, 2017
NL1960:

I understand now. I did not register for GTB internet banking. So do not use their online service. I was debited once for the discounted value and then sent an email on the details of the TB.

So, if you were debited and you did not get an email advice, then call your account officer or visit the branch.

Any updates..?
I just left my bank now.....my Accounting officer said my Rate is 18.1%....I went further in explaining to her why my GTB Treasury bills Account have not been updated with my latest investment,,..she said that because of the holiday that i should check within this week....
Any updates here....?
NL1960:

I understand now. I did not register for GTB internet banking. So do not use their online service. I was debited once for the discounted value and then sent an email on the details of the TB.

So, if you were debited and you did not get an email advice, then call your account officer or visit the branch.

Any updates..?
Any updates here....?
NL1960:

Any updates..?
Any updates here....?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mascotlawman: 12:31pm On Sep 05, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

I think some area managers of first bank are trying to discourage Treasury Bills investment. Ajao Estate branch is also under Isolo area manager. Ajao Estate will not accept anything less than N50 million, they said it was the directive from their area office, but they accept 100k for secondary market.

I will advise you do your transaction on the island.

Bro thanks for your response. Do I need to move to the island in other to execute my transaction? maybe I should continue using Gtb. I have been dealing with Gtb since all this while, just because of what I read here made me to open a First Bank account. Now it's not working.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by punae: 12:44pm On Sep 05, 2017
Any idea on the available tenors and rates at the secondary market in first bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by punae: 1:11pm On Sep 05, 2017
would the 364days tenor be available on the next auction?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Partnerbiz3: 1:49pm On Sep 05, 2017
RealityShot:

Do Mutual funds..

IbTC money market fond starts at N5000 and conpounds daily forever!

Yes..you can add more any time with the TOP UP online option.. Directly with your atm card (in multiples of 5000 each time)

joseph1013!!
Yes ..there is an option for opening an account for a child.

What do you mean by compound daily?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 05, 2017
Helloo Smart people, please which of Stanbic, Access and FCMB can I get to buy Treasury Bill without much drama ?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 05, 2017
I received my email TB advice early ds morning also collected my copy of confirmation letter at Stanbic for the last auction at 18.28%. It all went well. Thanks for the guru here
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 05, 2017
Guitarlife:
Helloo Smart people, please which of Stanbic, Access and FCMB can I get to buy Treasury Bill without much drama ?

Stanbic is good in my own view without any problem
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by question(m): 2:35pm On Sep 05, 2017
Gavrelino123:

Any updates..?
Any updates here....?

Any updates..?
Any updates here....?

Any updates..?
Any updates here....?

I do not think that your GTbank account officer is telling you the truth. I have asked the same question to their twitter handle.. they posted me back to the account officer who keep saying that it is an internal problem. GTbank is not being honest about their response on this TBills anomaly.
I will not do TBills again with them if they cant explain what is actually happening.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 2:41pm On Sep 05, 2017
question:

I do not think that your GTbank account officer is telling you the truth. I have asked the same question to their twitter handle.. they posted me back to the account officer who keep saying that it is an internal problem. GTbank is not being honest about their response on this TBills anomaly.
I will not do TBills again with them if they cant explain what is actually happening.

Not been debited as well , account officer said there was a mix up somewhere , promised to get me secondary mkt rate..Think gtb is being funny these days
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:50pm On Sep 05, 2017
lancee:

Not been debited as well , account officer said there was a mix up somewhere , promised to get me secondary mkt rate..Think gtb is being funny these days

Wifey was frustrated by GTB moloney branch before she started doing her Treasury Bills with FBN lapal house branch Lagos.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 3:31pm On Sep 05, 2017
question:

What do you think we should do now...?
Because we can't just keep calm about this...
what do you suggest..?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 3:32pm On Sep 05, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Wifey was frustrated by GTB moloney branch before she started doing her Treasury Bills with FBN lapal house branch Lagos.

I ve sent an e mail to Firstbank waiting for their reply ..checking my mail now i found msg from gtb telling me

we got 359 days @ 17.9500%. You will get the debit anytime soon.

Thank you.

My next Auction will i will be going with Ist bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tunde4top(m): 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2017
I am seriously learning alot here. Is TB's secondary market equally save like the Primary market ?. Since FBN offers good ROI in TB's Secondary Market, why then do people still prefer their primary market ?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2017
lancee:

I ve sent an e mail to Firstbank waiting for their reply ..checking my mail now i found msg from gtb telling me

we got 359 days @ 17.9500%. You will get the debit anytime soon.

Thank you.

My next Auction will i will be going with Ist bank
Congratulations in advance....!!!!
It's not only about being debited....it's about it showing in your ONLINE GTBANK TREASURY BILLS ACCOUNT....
I'm really confused here......
what do you suggest.?
I won't do TB with GTBANK again.....I hate anything unsolved issues...it keeps me worried..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phyde: 5:00pm On Sep 05, 2017
condomuser:
Good observation, worse case scenario if the governement fails to meet its debt obligation.

1. It will increase international borrowing rates.
2. It will increase local borrowing rates
3. The value of Naira will crash to the level of Venezuela and Zimbabwe i.e. To buy one loaf of Agege bread with a plate of ewa could be N1500 and exchange rate could fly N750/$ today and N400/$ tomorrow.
4. Crime will rise
5. The poor will suffer most.
6. Oloshos will reduce their price and the cost of vaseline will go up.
7. Inflation will kick most people into Agriculture

My advice to investors, know your onion. Do not invest foolishly, in an unpredictable economy, your N25,000,000 can easily degrade to N15,000,000 even though you have earned huge interests.

As much as the Federal government doesn't show any signs of collapse, the incompetent decisions makers in the government are brain dead economists.

Bad guy... grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 5:02pm On Sep 05, 2017
Gavrelino123:

Congratulations in advance....!!!!
It's not only about being debited....it's about it showing in your ONLINE GTBANK TREASURY BILLS ACCOUNT....
I'm really confused here......
what do you suggest.?
I won't do TB with GTBANK again.....I hate anything unsolved issues...it keeps me worried..

Will check by the end of the day if account debited if not will tranfer it to first bank ..also the online treasury acct
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 05, 2017
Hello guys,
I've heard a lot about TB and Mutual Fund. There are some questions I would love to ask before I dive into any of the two.
1: which one pays more interest?
2: can I withdraw my money even before the maturity date? (Incase of emergency)
3: which one is more secure?
4: What's the minimum amount to be invested?
5: will the interest be paid directly into my bank account or will I need a new account for it?
6: which Bank offers the best rate?

I have some idle fund I would love to invest....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phyde: 6:08pm On Sep 05, 2017
Good evening all, I still have about 273k TB upfront interest with Stanbic credited last week thursday. Can I still invest 150k from it on the next auction date?
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (2260) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.