Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,849 members, 7,938,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 07:16 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (447) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4619154 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (2260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by megacontrol(m): 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2017
How long does it take generally to be credited once the T-bill reaches maturity? One of my FBN secondary market purchases is due today, is there any action required from investor or just sidon look while it drops? Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:36pm On Dec 28, 2017
megacontrol:
How long does it take generally to be credited once the T-bill reaches maturity? One of my FBN secondary market purchases is due today, is there any action required from investor or just sidon look while it drops? Thanks

Mine dropped around 10.00am today. First Bank has network issues so you might not get an alert, but you can check your account balance through First online or use your ATM to check your balance.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MOM1(m): 5:36pm On Dec 28, 2017
megacontrol:

You should see the credit by tomorrow morning latest.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by megacontrol(m): 6:29pm On Dec 28, 2017
thanks for the prompt response.

honestly,i now wish this was longer tenure considering the rate it was purchased and fact that i do not necessarily need this cash at this time.
Now that the rate sucks, i have to look elsewhere.

emmanuelewumi:

Mine dropped around 10.00am today. First Bank has network issues so you might not get an alert, but you can check your account balance through First online or use your ATM to check your balance.
MOM1:

You should see the credit by tomorrow morning latest.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2017
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 9:05pm On Dec 28, 2017
I was at FBN today. These were the rates on offer:

short
14 days @ 12.5%

49 days @ 10.5%

84 days @ 10%

98 days @ 12%

longer
238 days @ 13%

245 days @ 14%

294 days @ 14.2%

6 days to the next auction, I am optimistic.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 9:36pm On Dec 28, 2017
megacontrol:
thanks for the prompt response.

honestly,i now wish this was longer tenure considering the rate it was purchased and fact that i do not necessarily need this cash at this time.
Now that the rate sucks, i have to look elsewhere.

NSE. Its going to rock in early 2018. The signals are looking good. Do your due diligence.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sunnysteve009(m): 10:16pm On Dec 28, 2017
help house, please I want to do this treasure bill, is it on sale, and can I make use of my bank fidelity to purchase.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by adetumi: 9:57am On Dec 29, 2017
Good morning house, please I went to a branch of FBN today to apply for TB and the guy sounded uninterested, though he asked me to fill the form but I don't trust him and I really need the TB now. I am planning to go to another branch and fill the form but please what is the implication if the 2 of them eventually process it?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bisiki2: 11:54am On Dec 29, 2017
[quote author=Dalighieri post=63684546][/quote]

Good Day Sir,

You can do your research and choose from the following Stockbroking Firm;
- CSL Stockbrokers
- Meristem Securities Limited
- Morgan Capital Group.

Sir, i would suggest you hold on to your stock investment until July 2018. However, if you are in urgent need of cash, you can divest in April/May 2018. As in all investments, the decision is yours.

Best regards.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 5:12pm On Dec 29, 2017
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 6:30pm On Dec 30, 2017
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fydence: 9:31pm On Dec 30, 2017
Please i wish to invest in FGN savings Bond...how do I go about it?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by popless(m): 2:21pm On Dec 31, 2017
Hi guyz, I have 400k which am willing to purchase TB with it.... Help as am new to this. Which rate and tenor will b nice... Thanks...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 2:59pm On Dec 31, 2017
adetumi:
Good morning house, please I went to a branch of FBN today to apply for TB and the guy sounded uninterested, though he asked me to fill the form but I don't trust him and I really need the TB now. I am planning to go to another branch and fill the form but please what is the implication if the 2 of them eventually process it?

grin grin grin
There is no big deal if you have enough money in your account to pay for both.
If not, which ever branch that debits your account first shall be the one that will buy it for you while the other one will not buy since you don't have funds to back the 2nd one up.

You really don't need to do what you did especially if you don't intend to process both. You could have simply gone to another branch where the officer could "sound interested"

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 8:42pm On Dec 31, 2017
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dotcomnamename: 1:50am On Jan 01, 2018
Happy New Year to all Treasury Bills investors

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 2:20am On Jan 01, 2018
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.

Remember that you have only tomorrow Tuesday 2nd January 2018 to apply for the very first Treasury Bill of 2018 which will be bided for on Wednesday 3rd January 2018.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 4:14am On Jan 01, 2018
Happy New Year 2018!!!
i wish God's Favour althrough this year!
...with love DD

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 7:59am On Jan 01, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by efismikoko(m): 5:22pm On Jan 01, 2018
Happy new year
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 6:44pm On Jan 01, 2018
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO THE GUYZ ON THIS THREAD.

In another news , if you know you have not had your birth this year please gather here for prayers.
6. 44pm.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 8:54pm On Jan 01, 2018
TONY56:
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.

Remember that you have only tomorrow Tuesday 2nd January 2018 to apply for the very first Treasury Bill of 2018 which will be bided for on Wednesday 3rd January 2018.

Thanks sir.. will wait till the second t bills to see how rates will be like..Dont want bank to tell me stories / biddin for rates that doesn't make sense
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Xlarge42(m): 3:10am On Jan 02, 2018
Please what is the minimum amount of money needed to buy treasury bills.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:32am On Jan 02, 2018
Xlarge42:
Please what is the minimum amount of money needed to buy treasury bills.
100k I guess
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MrHighSea: 6:58am On Jan 02, 2018
Izuogu1:
100k I guess
That's in FBN, GTB is 500k.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 02, 2018
MrHighSea:

That's in FBN, GTB is 500k.
ok.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 7:36am On Jan 02, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by meetchandus(m): 7:36am On Jan 02, 2018
Happy new year to you all.Glad to be a part of these forum as it has helped me a lot..Please will like to know if it is advisable to go for primary market this week or wait to see how the rate turns out...

Thanks will appreciate any contribution..

@TONY56
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ekunade: 8:11am On Jan 02, 2018
Please when can we go nd fill form
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chukwuwike2ny(m): 8:51am On Jan 02, 2018
Hello,

Do you have a Volkwagen Vanagon bus?Are you looking for an Honest person to manage your bus? Or are you intrested in getting into passsenger Transport Business?

Owning a 14 sitter Volkwagen Vanagon can be a money spinner if managed by Experienced and Honest Person. We have some that is ours and some others that we manage for other people, and business is doing very good. We thought to earn more by increase the number of buses we managing. So this is an opportunity for anyone who own or want to own a 14 sitter Volkwagen Vanagon.Ajah-lekki is where my buses are plying and that's where all others will be plying too.

And like already stated, maintenance is on us and we pay N100K per Month.Or make guaranteed 5% ROI every month + 10% Principal/Capital Repayment per month when you Part-finance the purchase of a bus.

This is the best offer you can get anywhere!!!

Contacts:
click2ny@gmail.com
08111595550, 08067233120
texts, calls, whatsapp...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 9:07am On Jan 02, 2018
Happy New year to everyone in this Great Forum!

As we plan our Investment Portfolios for the year...... I encourage everyone to work harder, invest more than you ever did in the past year, read more and seek out better Investment opportunities for your hard earned funds.

Take a little more risk...try out new frontiers but always make sure its a calculated risk you are taking.

Those of us that tried the Cryptos arena know very well what I am talking about! Averaging over 12,000% Return is no Joke!

Once again Do have a rewarding and fun filled year!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (2260) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.