Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,999 members, 7,938,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:22 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4619611 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (2260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gistdutch: 6:21pm On Aug 07, 2014
@ Nitrogen thanks ,1st Bank gave me 9.46% for 91days
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 6:48pm On Aug 07, 2014
nitrogen:

91-day: 10.0000%

182-day: 10.2000%

364-day: 10.3190%

Thank God. The rates are heading North.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nitrogen(m): 7:03pm On Aug 07, 2014
Gistdutch: @ Nitrogen thanks ,1st Bank gave me 9.46% for 91days

Still cool.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bedfordng(m): 7:19pm On Aug 07, 2014
i don't know if its true for all UBA branches.i went to UBA at my end and one of their customer care told me that the minimum amount to buy Tbill is 10million.is anyone using UBA for tbill.is that the normal charges or the customer care personel misquote it
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by makinde3: 8:33pm On Aug 07, 2014
bedfordng: i don't know if its true for all UBA branches.i went to UBA at my end and one of their customer care told me that the minimum amount to buy Tbill is 10million.is anyone using UBA for tbill.is that the normal charges or the customer care personel misquote it

I do have TB with UBA and I think it start from N150,000.00
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by makinde3: 8:34pm On Aug 07, 2014
bedfordng: i don't know if its true for all UBA branches.i went to UBA at my end and one of their customer care told me that the minimum amount to buy Tbill is 10million.is anyone using UBA for tbill.is that the normal charges or the customer care personel misquote it

I do have TB with UBA and I think it start from N100,000.00
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 11:40pm On Aug 07, 2014
its 100k
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sammily(m): 6:23am On Aug 08, 2014
TB is not looking encouraging nowadays, is there any other low risk investments one can dabble into with better interest rates?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 08, 2014
sammily: TB is not looking encouraging nowadays, is there any other low risk investments one can dabble into with better interest rates?

Seriously, I dabbled into T-Bill recently after a colleague painted it 'with all glory". I was sceptical and then called my account officer, bank offered me 9.5% at 85 days. I threw in N400,000 as an experiment, they deducted about N391,000. I was then made to understand that they've paid me my profits in advance and it was about N9,000.

I was like WTF, my money will be locked up for the next 85 days with only N9,000 as profit. I didn't really look well before leaping. I'm only experienced in stocks and FD.

Those with T-bill experience and patience can shed more light on this.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Yem0350: 9:25am On Aug 08, 2014
sammily: TB is not looking encouraging nowadays, is there any other low risk investments one can dabble into with better interest rates?
Go for KGIF where ur guarantee principal, 12 percent interest. Also, u can also benefit frm additional 25 percent of the company profit.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 10:51am On Aug 08, 2014
Your investment is very small and its actually not good for you.One of my TB matured yesterday(180days) and I was like wow because the whole principal came back fully intact without any deduction……Its good especially when you can invest from 10M and above and thats when you can reap the benefit…..

dozzybaba:

Seriously, I dabbled into T-Bill recently after a colleague painted it 'with all glory". I was sceptical and then called my account officer, bank offered me 9.5% at 85 days. I threw in N400,000 as an experiment, they deducted about N391,000. I was then made to understand that they've paid me my profits in advance and it was about N9,000.

I was like WTF, my money will be locked up for the next 85 days with only N9,000 as profit. I didn't really look well before leaping. I'm only experienced in stocks and FD.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sammily(m): 11:04am On Aug 08, 2014
Yem0350:
Go for KGIF where ur guarantee principal, 12 percent interest. Also, u can also benefit frm additional 25 percent of the company profit.

Thanks. I will do some research on it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 08, 2014
angelo82: Your investment is very small and its actually not good for you.One of my TB matured yesterday(180days) and I was like wow because the whole principal came back fully intact without any deduction……Its good especially when you can invest from 10M and above and thats when you can reap the benefit…..

Yeah it's tiny because i wanted to see what the proceedures look like and know what to expect before jumping in 'wholesale'.

But i thought 9.5% of my N400,000 should give me about N38,000 after 85 days..i was actually thinking in this line.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 11:12am On Aug 08, 2014
dozzybaba:

Yeah it's tiny because i wanted to see what the proceedures look like and know what to expect before jumping in 'wholesale'.

But i thought 9.5% of my N400,000 should give me about N38,000 after 85 days..i was actually thinking in this line.

Small simple interest calculation should have informed you that P.A in all bank transactions means leaving the money invested for 365 days... undecided

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 08, 2014
feelamong:

Small simple interest calculation should have informed you that P.A in all bank transactions means leaving the money invested for 365 days... undecided

Yeah..i knew that, i do FDs a lot. But Bankers and marketers don't always tell you what's in 'fine print' when they want you 'to buy'. Especially when you are newbie to a certain investment 'niche'..It's an unwritten marketing and advertizing principle to always downplay the downsides of your services and products. I'm guilty of that too. cheesy

Thanks though...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 08, 2014
My account officer said There wont be Any biding till the 20th of august.. Anyone with Idea about this?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AUSTAAI(m): 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2014
timothy001: My account officer said There wont be Any biding till the 20th of august.. Anyone with Idea about this?

The 20th falls on a Wednesday, it might be correct. Every other Wednesday of the month.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 8:14pm On Aug 08, 2014
AUSTAAI:

The 20th falls on a Wednesday, it might be correct. Every other Wednesday of the month.

its actually every forthnight wednesday
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 08, 2014
dozzybaba:

cheesy . This man, na so you like money reach.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bamz(m): 10:52pm On Aug 08, 2014
Chillisauce:

LOL don't mind the the dude
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 09, 2014
Chillisauce:

Who no like money?.... grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by walcolm(m): 8:20pm On Aug 09, 2014
dozzybaba:

Yeah..i knew that, i do FDs a lot. But Bankers and marketers don't always tell you what's in 'fine print' when they want you 'to buy'. Especially when you are newbie to a certain investment 'niche'..It's an unwritten marketing and advertizing principle to always downplay the downsides of your services and products. I'm guilty of that too. cheesy

Thanks though...

If you do FD, then you should be familiar with bank rates. There's no serious difference in the arithmetic

The bank didn't downplay anything

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 09, 2014
walcolm:

If you do FD, then you should be familiar with bank rates. There's no serious difference in the arithmetic

The bank didn't downplay anything

Mister Oga...the call consultant i spoke to just before i ordered the T-bills wasn't very clear on the bank rates. She sounded as though T-bills were entirely different from FD...Gerrit?

I doubt if she even knew very much. Anyway i'll try and liquidate next week if possible but i'll find out about all the implications and demerits that comes with. So i don't get burned.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ajsans: 9:46am On Aug 11, 2014

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by coderXO(m): 11:22am On Aug 12, 2014
ajsans: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/treasury-bill-scam-continues-flourish/

Was reading and got bored after the third paragraph...who's this turd?

What a stupid headline- would make you think some poor old fellows have been getting jacked.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by stagger: 1:03pm On Aug 12, 2014
dozzybaba:

Mister Oga...the call consultant i spoke to just before i ordered the T-bills wasn't very clear on the bank rates. She sounded as though T-bills were entirely different from FD...Gerrit?

I doubt if she even knew very much. Anyway i'll try and liquidate next week if possible but i'll find out about all the implications and demerits that comes with. So i don't get burned.

You did not do your research well. Fixed deposit can hardly pay you 6%. Treasury bills is paying 10% plus. And you are complaining.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by plendil: 3:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
ajsans: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/treasury-bill-scam-continues-flourish/

"Conversely, the European Central Bank has successfully managed the challenge of excess liquidity by directing that European banks would henceforth pay the ECB a token interest rate of 0.1 percent on their surplus cash balances. Instructively, if CBN adopts such a strategy the days of easy profits for banks, would be over and banks would be forced to look to providing the real sector with ready access to cheap funds which will stimulate economic growth" - See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/treasury-bill-scam-continues-flourish/#sthash.ltVloqsS.dpuf

really??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yaso(m): 11:33pm On Aug 13, 2014
Please has bidding ended?? What are the rates?? And Can I get Tbils on thursday
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ikemefunam: 12:14pm On Aug 14, 2014
when is the next auction pls?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nitrogen(m): 9:00am On Aug 15, 2014
ikemefunam: when is the next auction pls?

Next week wednesday.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by gabscity(m): 4:01am On Aug 16, 2014
dozzybaba:

Do ur findings well and u will see Tbills is still better than the FD at least for now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (2260) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.