Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,784 members, 7,898,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:27 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (526) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4557403 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) ... (2251) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 11:56am On Jun 09, 2018
freeman67:

No.. The charges have already been deducted from you interest. That 114k is what you will get.
Aim07:
This what i got from my investment with fbn, does it mean my principal will still be charged for those charges? what does d 0.0 naira interest indicate?

amt invested 105k
tenor 290days
rate 11%
28/05/18 to 14/03/19
principal at maturity 114k
interest #0.00

please note that ur interest on investment is subject to these charges 0.1% custody fee, #100 transaction fee and 5% VAT.

i need answers please
NL1960:

How much was debited from your account?. Was it the 105k invested?.

Aim07:
This what i got from my investment with fbn, does it mean my principal will still be charged for those charges? what does d 0.0 naira interest indicate?

amt invested 105k
tenor 290days
rate 11%
28/05/18 to 14/03/19
principal at maturity 114k
interest #0.00

please note that ur interest on investment is subject to these charges 0.1% custody fee, #100 transaction fee and 5% VAT.

i need answers please

I think the investment was made together with the upfront interest. That explains why principal at maturity will be 114 k and not 105k.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Aim07(f): 3:44pm On Jun 09, 2018
awesomeJ:

I think the investment was made together with the upfront interest. That explains why principal at maturity will be 114 k and not 105k.
freeman67:

No.. The charges have already been deducted from you interest. That 114k is what you will get.
awesomeJ:

freeman67:

ok thanks to u all for ur prompt response
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 7:49pm On Jun 09, 2018
awesomeJ:

Yes.. . So the charges were taken...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lastmessenger: 1:37pm On Jun 11, 2018
I want to go to my bank tomorrow morning and tender my bid for treasury bill. I just want to ask for the reasonable rate to bid for 365 days considering the fact rates are down recently.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 2:49pm On Jun 11, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Timmi: 4:12pm On Jun 11, 2018
Source: Nairametrics Report - Fixed Income weekly report.

Q3 2018 NTB calendar shows a neutral FG borrowing stance: The CBN released the Q3 2018 calendar for NTB issuance which shows planned government borrowings at NGN1.1 trillion set against maturities of the same amount. In simple terms, the FG borrowing is simply rolling over what is maturing, which implies that on a net basis, no fresh borrowings.

That said, the 3M and 6M tenors are net issuances, while the 1-yr tenor is a net repayment. The calendar marks the end of the net repayment pattern over the last two quarters which underpinned robust system liquidity and implies likely upward pressures on the front-end of the yield curve.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 11, 2018
I got 11% for 58days
Face value: #1,240,000
Bank: Stanbic IBTC
Charged Deducted:#300
They debited me 2hrs after I submitted my form.
They also have 11.22 and 11:4 for longer tenor (Nov and Dec)

Bye Bye to Union Bank

Have a blessed week y’all

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 6:01pm On Jun 11, 2018
So rates may go up abi
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FKBZ: 7:49pm On Jun 11, 2018
I need the rates to be up
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Burchester: 12:26am On Jun 12, 2018
whats the best bank for treasury bills ?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 10:38am On Jun 12, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2018
Please how does it work with secondary market rates? Like do you tell your bank you have 250,000 naira and you would like the rate of 15%? Or do you just tell them that you have 250,000 Naira and they should find a treasury bill under 250,000 Naira that is selling for 15%? I giuess my question is: do you pick the rate as well as the amount? Or do you just pick a rate and let the amount be decided by whoever is giving up their bond early.

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dejiotus: 10:24pm On Jun 12, 2018
Nnamz:
Please how does it work with secondary market rates? Like do you tell your bank you have 250,000 naira and you would like the rate of 15%? Or do you just tell them that you have 250,000 Naira and they should find a treasury bill under 250,000 Naira that is selling for 15%? I giuess my question is: do you pick the rate as well as the amount? Or do you just pick a rate and let the amount be decided by whoever is giving up their bond early.

Thanks
No. Customers do not dictate the rate in the secondary market. The bank will tell you the available rates and tenors, and you will pick what you desire (ie the rates and for how many days (tenor)). You can buy any amount you want as long as the amount is available and it is more than the minimum amount allowed by the bank in the secondary market. For example the minimum amount you can buy in the secondary market with Stanbic is 500K.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 10:41pm On Jun 12, 2018
Thanks for your response. So when would a customer pick their own rate? On Zenith Bank Treasury bills form you can either go with the bank bid rate, or the customer bid rate, and enter your preferred rate under this customer bid rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ifelove1(m): 11:04pm On Jun 12, 2018
Nnamz:
Thanks for your response. So when would a customer pick their own rate? On Zenith Bank Treasury bills form you can either go with the bank bid rate, or the customer bid rate, and enter your preferred rate under this customer bid rate.
That would be for primary markets. In that case you decide the rate you want for the next auction. If the rate you choose is less than the rate the CBN is ready to buy your bid is successful.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 12, 2018
Ifelove1:
That would be for primary markets. In that case you decide the rate you want for the next auction. If the rate you choose is less than the rate the CBN is ready to buy your bid is successful.

Please help remind them that they need minimum of 50m to fix their rates. Wish them luck.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dejiotus: 11:18pm On Jun 12, 2018
Nnamz:
And if the rate you choose is more than CBN stop rate, then your bid will not be successful. Also you can only choose your bidding rate if you are buying Treasury bills of more than 50 million in the primary market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 12:18am On Jun 13, 2018
So what exactly is the difference between the primary and secondary market, in terms of rate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ifelove1(m): 12:53am On Jun 13, 2018
Nnamz:
So what exactly is the difference between the primary and secondary market, in terms of rate?
Primary: You choose your rate when you bid.
Secondary: The bank/investment house has gotten the bills from the primary market at certain rates. When you want to purchase it from them you buy at the rates they have already i.e. You know beforehand the exact rate you are getting.
Any of the rates may be higher depending on some factors.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 4:43am On Jun 13, 2018
Is it a coincidence that my girlfriend's name is Ife and I sometimes call her Ife love and here the handle of thelovely lady answering my question is Ifelove. Haha
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by teeymix16: 9:52am On Jun 13, 2018
will there be another auctioning around nov-dec
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ifelove1(m): 9:53am On Jun 13, 2018
Nnamz:
Is it a coincidence that my girlfriend's name is Ife and I sometimes call her Ife love and here the handle of thelovely lady answering my question is Ifelove. Haha
Haha... I am a guy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by brandable: 12:16pm On Jun 13, 2018
Hello ladies and gentlemen , please anyone bid with FBN I am yet to be debited, or is there no auction today.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yinka2011: 1:47pm On Jun 13, 2018
here is result from today's Primary Market Auction from easykobo

link is here https://www.easykobo.com/News.aspx?id=20119

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Apitch(m): 1:47pm On Jun 13, 2018
Please for some of us that don't have up to this millions and hundreds of thousands, which firm can do 100k? What is FBN's lowest? Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 2:36pm On Jun 13, 2018
Good news.
Rates have started going north.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 13, 2018
brandable:
Hello ladies and gentlemen , please anyone bid with FBN I am yet to be debited, or is there no auction today.

same here,zenith bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acme77: 2:59pm On Jun 13, 2018
Apitch:
Please for some of us that don't have up to this millions and hundreds of thousands, which firm can do 100k? What is FBN's lowest? Thanks

First Bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 3:26pm On Jun 13, 2018
datovid:

same here,zenith bank
Minimum of 1m in Zenith Bank.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 4:06pm On Jun 13, 2018
yinka2011:
here is result from today's Primary Market Auction from easykobo

link is here https://www.easykobo.com/News.aspx?id=20119

positive signs , anyone bid with stanbic for 364days, I hope it succeeded.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 13, 2018
has any1 been debited today for tbills?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:35pm On Jun 13, 2018
zamirikpo:

positive signs , anyone bid with stanbic for 364days, I hope it succeeded.
we need it back at 15 this is fair rate make we make a real profit of 3 percent annually

(1) (2) (3) ... (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) ... (2251) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Tripleaj(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.