Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,863 members, 7,938,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 08:30 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (982) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4619286 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (979) (980) (981) (982) (983) (984) (985) ... (2260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:50am On Dec 04, 2019
odimbannamdi:

I am not really a fan of the mystical realm, but will it be out of place if we posit some of these business moguls do not have their hands clean off certaim spirutual things?
I really cannot explain but they act strange don't know if it the volume of the cash that caused it or some thing else .....like the clearing agent that sleeps with a hoe/hooker virtually daily and does not repeat same girl unless (u bring him good luck )according to him (if after laying the girl and is deals click he calls it the girl bring good luck and would patronize u again....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:56am On Dec 04, 2019
For the one that doest sleeps in his house has a joint opp a club where he normally stay still 4 am daily ,other hanger on stay with him cause by 4am he dash out 10 each to the hanger on asisting him to gist ....if he feels sleepy he goes into the g wagon to catch a nap and come back ....his house is near the club and pays 5m for serviced apartment.....the neighborhood is not a normal one cause general people don't sleep in the area cause of port activities
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 7:36am On Dec 04, 2019
Life is beyond money.
ahiboilandgas:
For the one that doest sleeps in his house has a joint opp a club where he normally stay still 4 am daily ,other hanger on stay with him cause by 4am he dash out 10 each to the hanger on asisting him to gist ....if he feels sleepy he goes into the g wagon to catch a nap and come back ....his house is near the club and pays 5m for serviced apartment.....the neighborhood is not a normal one cause general people don't sleep in the area cause of port activities

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 7:42am On Dec 04, 2019
igbizen:

The problems Facebook have been facing, you are not aware?
Problems are expected in almost any business if not all.

Even tbills investors are facing rough days this period of low rates and proration.

I am not as rich as those people, yet I have faced several problems in my businesses.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by globalresource: 8:54am On Dec 04, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
I really cannot explain but they act strange don't know if it the volume of the cash that caused it or some thing else .....like the clearing agent that sleeps with a hoe/hooker virtually daily and does not repeat same girl unless (u bring him good luck )according to him (if after laying the girl and is deals click he calls it the girl bring good luck and would patronize u again....

grin wonders shall never end. She e no get wife ni

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 9:19am On Dec 04, 2019
damilola1978:

Converge ko condive ni....no convergence in exchange rates...I bet if they were not controlling the dollar to naira exchange rate, by now we would had 1 single exchange rate for both interbank and black market with only slight difference in kobo to a few naira...just like in other countries...but they choose to enjoy interbank rates of 305 and poor masses pay extra 55naira to thesame dollar o....cbn is just a scam

Chai
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 9:27am On Dec 04, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
When a non economist head a central bank and use try and error tactics to stimulate the economy ......smart investor will see the loophole clearly and make the kill....Rich investment firms are converting their naira reserve to dollars and wiring it out to their shell subsidiary oversea then rewiring the money back through a sister investment firm back to Nigeria as fdi fixed income investment and bid for omo auctions at the exclusive rate of 13 percent......while the hapless are been chased down to poverty or making loss at 8 percent against an inflation of 11.3.....

Sense will not kill you grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:28am On Dec 04, 2019
globalresource:

grin wonders shall never end. She e no get wife ni
he get wife oòoooh with 6 kids .....he spends around 5m annually on sex (by my estimate) he luvs local hausa film girls they are his favorite another weird aspect he recharge his phone atime 200k not via bank but usingcard .....he travel bussiness class only on seat 1 A only but doest use cabs but charted bike from airports
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zohan101: 12:03pm On Dec 04, 2019
Apart from the weird sex aspects; dude is living the dream..

ahiboilandgas:
he get wife oòoooh with 6 kids .....he spends around 5m annually on sex (by my estimate) he luvs local hausa film girls they are his favorite another weird aspect he recharge his phone atime 200k not via bank but usingcard .....he travel bussiness class only on seat 1 A only but doest use cabs but charted bike from airports

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by marvy7: 12:20pm On Dec 04, 2019
aremso:

Anyway, it depends on how you looked at it the same stock market where i loose my first million an hard earned money for that matter also made me millions i used for TB and will make me my first $ 1m with patience i grow the money yearly. I went back to my drawing board do my own serious research and reading then change my investment strategy and also i dont allow broker to tell me stock to buy again i trade online myself so am in control of my portfolio. i have tabulated my target on an excel in my laptop and this guide my investment objective and the strategies i can use to achieve my target. there is still plenty of monies to be made in the economy and the most important thing for me is that the money must be working for me from january to december. I love risk taking and i will never leave stock exchange no matter the mago mago they do there. Know your entry period and exit time very important.

Bro please be my mentor....
I want to understand that stock exchange thing!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by teejay5(f): 1:09pm On Dec 04, 2019
Pls Hou help,my cousin said she is not really sure of d amount she has left in are treasury bill account since she liquidated some severally.pls is der anyway she can check on are own to be sure.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 04, 2019
Infinitisi:

You can top up anytime. A lot of money market funds have online account opening functions I will be surprised if FBN Quest does not have.

Send them an email and they will guide you. Worst case they will send you the forms, you fill and scan back to them.

Thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 2:19pm On Dec 04, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
very true ,I used to be familiar with several oil/marketers cum depot owners and I found out they weren't very happy people ....JAG Global(10bn)...died a very sad man , almanoury petroleum(1bn) also died of depression and intentional gradual suicide....another was a succeful clearing agent and at his peak was making around 30m monthly in 2010 but he doesn't sleep (I don't know why )he always in front of a night club from 1am -5am park inside his expensive range .(strange )...the other chap a lucky car dealer was addicted to sex and compusive daily sex with different woman (300 girls yearly ) ....so I kept me wondering .....
Lol, the god of mammon doesn't give wealth without repercussions, there's always a price to pay if your wealth is not from your sweat, if it is from the god of mammon, a payday is coming ahead, nothing beats working smart + your hands are clean + avoid sleeping with different random girls ( while your virtues / potentials is been destroyed gradually because of the different women and all the negative energies / badluck some of them carry + do unto others as you want them to do to you / be charitable and help the poor folks around you as much as you can + Have the fear of God in all your dealings = Peace of mind and happiness cheesy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 3:18pm On Dec 04, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Lol, the god of mammon doesn't give wealth without repercussions, there's always a price to pay if your wealth is not from your sweat, if it is from the god of mammon, a payday is coming ahead, nothing beats working smart + your hands are clean + avoid sleeping with different random girls ( while your virtues / potentials is been destroyed gradually because of the different women and all the negative energies / badluck some of them carry + do unto others as you want them to do to you / be charitable and help the poor folks around you as much as you can + Have the fear of God in all your dealings = Peace of mind and happiness cheesy

Apt.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by C505: 5:38pm On Dec 04, 2019
Barrytone:
Running analysis on my head now: if airpeace boss didn't have the billions and name to back it up, he wouldn't be in the mess he is right now. I keep letting people know that excess money is not the solution to our problems. Just enough to keep you rolling and enough to prevent you from sliding back to where you came from. The more money you chase, the more trouble you are exposed to. My prayer has always been [/b]"God dont make me the richest man alive and dont make me the poorest man alive but just grant me comfortability, Amen"[b]. This brings it down to mentality and not counting bills. For those that envy and wish to be in people position, just note the following:
1. For married woman, the bigger the money, the farther away from home your husband will be.
2. The bigger the house, the bigger the cost of maintenance.
3. The more exotic the car, the more the cost of maintenance and parts.
4. The more money, the more you spend on security and looses true friends.
5. The more sophisticated a person is, the greater chance of marrying the wrong spouse.
6. ETC- you can add more
In all, it cancels out and reverts to vanity upon vanity.

The best advice or suggestion since page 1 in all honesty.
Sadly but you said the honest truth. It's very difficult for a rich Nigerian to live humble. He really wants to be on the billboard if he can't afford to make it to Forbes.

The bolded.... Proverbs 30: 7-9 and we all discover in our lives, the same Proverbs 16:9 says "we make our plans but God directs our actions."

Sir barrytone, thank you for speaking weight in sense to lots of us

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 5:59pm On Dec 04, 2019
rationalmind:

Says who? It all depends on the amount and negotiating skills. People get rates from FD that are very close to what you get from Tbills.
Good point. My father gets 18% in Fixed Depisits from Unity bank.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:30pm On Dec 04, 2019
Nnamz:

Good point. My father gets 18% in Fixed Depisits from Unity bank.

Unity bank is a dead stock, the company has a negative shareholders fund of over N220 billion.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vexing(m): 8:49pm On Dec 04, 2019
eddyakinrinde:
Happy December everyone, the year has been a good one for me investmentwise I must say and also a tough one in some ways. From 6.3m as at beginning of the year, I have bn able to grow my tbill investment to total 11m and additional 1m maturing in January to total 12m. It was indeed a tough rough path leading to this as I have had to deny myself various luxuries this year and several things I closed my eyes to not buy. But it worth it all. The increment was made possible by putting additional fund each month and reinvestment. But I made sure everything mature by Dec.
So my fear now is going by the current downtrend in tbills rates I totally confused on what my next year investment plan would be. I have a food commodity business am into, the total money in the business is just around 3m. Definitely I will have to put more fund in the business from all this but cannot put all so I won't mismanage the money. Am just confused on how best to invest the rest in the new year.
Try the stock exchange market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sukueponmalu: 8:54pm On Dec 04, 2019
Religion fanatics everywhere

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 8:57pm On Dec 04, 2019
Sukueponmalu:
Religion fanatics everywhere

Don't mind them jare. Forget tbills, its too slow. Legit is also too slow. I can show you where you'll make serious money. You only must be willing to pay the sacrifice, o ye most upright wink
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sukueponmalu: 9:14pm On Dec 04, 2019
I don't have your time.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 9:16pm On Dec 04, 2019
Sukueponmalu:
I don't have your time.

I had you.. cheesy cheesy cheesy You better leave people with their fate issues. Righteousness has come to stay in this generation.. Playing reverse psych to make people look stupid because of their beliefs/values/principles and faith was just way too petty of you

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vexing(m): 9:21pm On Dec 04, 2019
teejay5:
Pls Hou help,my cousin said she is not really sure of d amount she has left in are treasury bill account since she liquidated some severally.pls is der anyway she can check on are own to be sure.
Let her printout her bank statements for the period she did the TBs
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sukueponmalu: 9:42pm On Dec 04, 2019
healthserve:

I had you.. cheesy cheesy cheesy You better leave people with their fate issues. Righteousness has come to stay in this generation.. Playing reverse psych to make people look stupid because of their beliefs/values/principles and faith was just way too petty of you
People are stupid , it's the fact.
So many Nigerians are religion fanatics , and it's becoming a problem.
I don't understand how someone was just mentioning the weird behaviour of the rich person he knows. and the next thing a religion fanatic would type is " money gotten from mamoon doesnt give wealth without repercussion bla bla bla" , like wtf man! even without knowing the person they're talking about.
What a dumbass belief and what a stupid way to look at life. Literally everyone is going through things they don't discuss with anyone.
So, once a rich person is going through some shit, they're automatically suffering repercussions because their wealth is not "clean"
This "you must suffer" mentality of Nigerians, nawa. Where any rich person is percieved as a ritualist or something.
Some dumbass fanatic said it to my face before that Dangote did money ritual, and that's why his trailers get into accidents every now and then. WTF!! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 9:46pm On Dec 04, 2019
Sukueponmalu:

People are stupid , it's the fact.
So many Nigerians are religion fanatics , and it's becoming a problem.
I don't understand how someone was just mentioning the weird behaviour of the rich person he knows. and the next thing a religion fanatic would type is " money gotten from mamoon doesnt give wealth without repercussion bla bla bla" , like wtf man! even without knowing the person they're talking about.
What a dumbass belief and what a stupid way to look at life. Literally everyone is going through things they don't discuss with anyone.
So, once a rich person is going through some shit, they're automatically suffering repercussions because their wealth is not "clean"
This "you must suffer" mentality of Nigerians, nawa. Where any rich person is percieved as a ritualist or something.
Some dumbass fanatic said it to my face before that Dangote did money ritual, and that's why his trailers get into accidents every now and then. WTF!! angry angry

Blood of Jesus

You're a man. Get your acts together.

Effective communication is one of the hallmarks of a perfect gentleman. You can disagree with people on their perspectives on issues but you don't have the power to fight off peoples beliefs claiming yours as Fact!

Its your ego thats the issue here not peoples beliefs, plus this is a tbills thread.. Don't express your religious intolerance to people who don't care to know about your religious leanings here.

Let's learn to communicate and not rant

I disagree with your verdict. All you typed is just your " perceived verdicts " on other peoples affairs. Nothing more

Mamon, money, restlessness, Dangote story, voodoo are all intricately woven along individualistic beliefs about life which everyone fundamentally has a right to. Do not deprive people from their perspectives

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sukueponmalu: 10:04pm On Dec 04, 2019
healthserve:

Blood of Jesus

You're a man. Get your acts together.

Effective communication is one of the hallmarks of a perfect gentleman. You can disagree with people on their perspectives on issues but you don't have the power to fight off peoples beliefs claiming yours as Fact!

Its your ego thats the issue here not peoples beliefs, plus this is a tbills thread.. Don't express your religious intolerance to people who don't care to know about your religious leanings here.

Let's learn to communicate and not rant

I disagree with your verdict. All you typed is just your " perceived verdicts " on other peoples affairs. Nothing more

Mamon, money, restlessness, Dangote story, voodoo are all intricately woven along individualistic beliefs about life which everyone fundamentally has a right to. Do not deprive people from their perspectives
@ the bolded.
You should stay away from me because you don’t practice what you’re preaching .
Because if you do practice what you preach, you have no business quoting me in the first place cheesy

Every rich man did money ritual, okay smiley
Case closed.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 10:07pm On Dec 04, 2019
Sukueponmalu:

@ the bolded.
You should stay away from me because you don’t practice what you’re preaching .
Because if you do practice what you preach, you have no business quoting me in the first place cheesy

Every rich man did money ritual, okay smiley
Case closed.

Nah. Shaming people's values I'll never overlook. Thats making a cowardice of people because of their faith. I'm a live and let live person and seeing people shamed on the back of their beliefs/faith is hypocrisy to me

Let's let it slide. Back to business issues

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sukueponmalu: 10:12pm On Dec 04, 2019
healthserve:

Nah. Shaming people's values I'll never overlook. Thats making a cowardice of people because of their faith. I'm a live and let live person and seeing people shamed on the back of their beliefs/faith is hypocrisy to me

Let's let it slide. Back to business issues
Because of their faith? How?
As far as I know, none of the religions teach these nonsense.
This has nothing to do with faith!
It’s a Nigerian thing. And I will continue to feel bad And complain about it as long as it continue to happen.
You should stop trying to force me to see things your way too. cool
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 10:16pm On Dec 04, 2019
Sukueponmalu:

Because of their faith? How?
As far as I know, none of the religions teach these nonsense.
This has nothing to do with faith!
It’s a Nigerian thing. And I will continue to feel bad And complain about it as long as it continue to happen.
You should stop trying to force me to see things your way too. cool

On the contrary @ forcing myself on you. Guilt tripping peoples faith values have pushed many people to shy from practising their faith avoiding the fear of being shamed.

Actually, I share your perspective on a major issue that seem to plague our society. I.e the theology of stereotyping people and then placing tags. I.e all rich men are.. Nonetheless, we should live and let others live. Your unbelief or the others beliefs should not be placed on trial on the backside of a personal logic

Damn. Off to football. And the boys. Good night bro

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Sukueponmalu: 10:20pm On Dec 04, 2019
healthserve:

On the contrary @ forcing myself on you. Guilt tripping peoples faith values have pushed many people to shy from practising their faith avoiding the fear of being shamed.

Actually, I share your perspective on a major issue that seem to plague our society. I.e the theology of stereotyping people and then placing tags. I.e all rich men are.. Nonetheless, we should live and let others live. Your unbelief or the others beliefs should not be placed on trial on the backside of a personal logic

Damn. Off to football. And the boys. Good night bro
I completely understand you. And I’m going to train myself to stop getting upset whenever I see people do this @bolded .
It’s only a matter of time. grin

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Horlartunes: 10:27pm On Dec 04, 2019
Guys is there still treasure bills?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by C505: 10:31pm On Dec 04, 2019
Horlartunes:
Guys is there still treasure bills?

No sir.... There's quarrels and disagreement everywhere now. Like this thread has gone into both chaos and anarchy since the down surge of tbills

Everybody is throwing things at anybody due to vexation. I no know wetin you carry come too

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (979) (980) (981) (982) (983) (984) (985) ... (2260) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: javijabor and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.