Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,610 members, 7,941,346 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 02:09 AM

Rim Releases Playbook 2.0 Os;email.android Support Included - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Rim Releases Playbook 2.0 Os;email.android Support Included (1171 Views)

Dropboxing service *all Android Apps and Games {HD included} supported* / RIM Opens BlackBerry Retail Store In Lagos / RIM Launches Blackberry 10 Platform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rim Releases Playbook 2.0 Os;email.android Support Included by RealMccoy1(m): 7:43pm On Feb 24, 2012
By most accounts there aren’t very many people out there in the world using PlayBooks, but for those that are, or are considering the purchase of one, comes some good news: RIM has finally updated the OS to include two services that have been long discussed and much anticipated: integrated email support and Android app availability. The OS could serve to give the device a boost in the market, after many people slammed RIM for shipping the tablet too early when it debuted last year without these and other features. PlayBook OS 2.0 will be available as a free download for existing users and will automatically update on new devices. Some details: The new email client — at long last integrated with the tablet and no longer requiring the user to own a BlackBerry to use email on the tablet — was perhaps the most obvious feature that RIM needed to fix in this update.
Re: Rim Releases Playbook 2.0 Os;email.android Support Included by mikkyangel(m): 5:17am On Feb 25, 2012
Please can you tell me how much can i buy the blackberry playbook? (16gb)?

i heard it could be bridged with a blackberry phone(meaning where ever i go,i can simply switch/source inter net connection from my bb phone to my bb playbook),is this true?
Re: Rim Releases Playbook 2.0 Os;email.android Support Included by RealMccoy1(m): 8:00am On Feb 25, 2012
Are you talking about purchasing the phone in Naija? For that I don't know but in the states you can find them for 300 to 499 US dolls
Re: Rim Releases Playbook 2.0 Os;email.android Support Included by Akainzo(m): 9:56am On Feb 25, 2012
mikkyangel:

Please can you tell me how much can i buy the blackberry playbook? (16gb)?

The PlayBooks are available in shops in Nigeria (SLOT, The Mall, Computer Village, etc) however pricing is another issue. I am not sure you can enjoy the current discounts from Nigeria but should you buy online, the 16GB model is $199 (~N32,000)

i heard it could be bridged with a blackberry phone(meaning where ever i go,i can simply switch/source inter net connection from my bb phone to my bb playbook),is this true?

That is a great advantage of the PlayBook, when bridged with your BB phone, you will have 3G access/internet at no extra costs.
Re: Rim Releases Playbook 2.0 Os;email.android Support Included by daintytara: 6:27pm On Feb 25, 2012
i deal in phones and gadgets and i have 32gb and 64 gb of playbook as we speak, u can call me on 08022838376
Re: Rim Releases Playbook 2.0 Os;email.android Support Included by dandollar1: 12:15am On Feb 26, 2012
How do I have access to wifi for the initial setup?
daintytara:

i deal in phones and gadgets and i have 32gb and 64 gb of playbook as we speak, u can call me on 08022838376

(1) (Reply)

My Bb Fails To Recognise The Media Card / Visafone Blackberry / Blackberry Messenger For Android And iOs Finally Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.