Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,316 members, 7,887,964 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:02 PM

Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! - Jokes Etc (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! (13577 Views)

* * ~ Pidgin English Is Fûcked Up!!! ~ * * / You Think English Is Easy??? I Love The English Language!!!!!!!! / Who Said English Is Simple Check This Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by flexdee(m): 10:03pm On Feb 25, 2012
bRAIN tEASER grin
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by Killz3(m): 10:10pm On Feb 25, 2012
Exactly my point. You do not wait for someone to commend you about the posting before you reply that you copied it. You are supposed to cite the source at the moment you posted someone else's work. Even though you said you "copied it" in your comment, you failed to provide the source from which you copied it.

And you do not have to directly attribute someone else's work as yours to commit plagiarism. You commit plagiarism when you fail to give credit to work that was not yours.

Since you are most likely a product of Nigeria's failed educational system, you believe it is proper to copy jokes from someone else's website, post it on Nairaland, and fail to give attribution to the source as long as you don't state that it was your own work. That thinking is flawed, my brother, and in civilized societies you could be expelled from school and be guilty of the act plagiarism or, even more serious, copyright infringement.

Just take this as a learning experience and move on. This is because next time you post something, no one will know whether it was copied from another source or whether it was your own work product. There is a presumption that a literary work without citation is the work product of the person who wrote or posted it.
I wonder what your problem is. . .and i DONT care.
This thread was created in the jokes section. Now if you dont go to all the threads on the jokes section, and demand for the links to all the jokes there, you are a FOOL! wink
Jokers do not post the links to where they get the jokes from. . . You dont have to be dumb to understand that!

This, like all other jokes in the jokes section is COPIED! Go therefore and demand copyright for all the jokes on NL or remain a what? A FOOL! wink
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by emmatok(m): 11:58pm On Feb 25, 2012
Princek12:

Exactly my point. You do not wait for someone to commend you about the posting before you reply that you copied it. You are supposed to cite the source at the moment you posted someone else's work. Even though you admitted to copying the jokes from somebody else, you failed to provide the source from which you copied it.

And you do not have to directly attribute someone else's work as yours to commit plagiarism. You commit plagiarism when you fail to give credit to work that was not yours.

Since you are most likely a product of Nigeria's failed educational system, you believe it is proper to copy jokes from someone else's website, post it on Nairaland,  and fail to give attribution to the source as long as you don't state that it was your own work. That thinking is flawed, my brother, and in civilized societies you could be expelled from school and be guilty of the act plagiarism or, even more serious, copyright infringement.

Just take this as a learning experience and move on. This is because next time you post something, no one will know whether it was copied from another source or whether it was your own work product. There is a presumption that a literary work without citation is the work product of the person who wrote or posted it.

Man cool-down,

This is a joke on NET and not PHD thesis.
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by redsquare(m): 12:01am On Feb 26, 2012
Princek12:

Exactly my point. You do not wait for someone to commend you about the posting before you reply that you copied it. You are supposed to cite the source at the moment you posted someone else's work. Even though you admitted to copying the jokes from somebody else, you failed to provide the source from which you copied it.

Since you are most likely a product of Nigeria's failed educational system, you believe it is proper to copy jokes from someone else's website, post it on Nairaland,  and fail to give attribution to the source as long as you don't state that it was your own work. That thinking is flawed, my brother, and in civilized societies you could be expelled from school and be guilty of the act plagiarism or, even more serious, copyright infringement.

Princek12:

What's biting you mister? Abeg free the guy joor. Is the original work yours that you are accusing the guy of plagiarism? It is not a must to post on every thread. You even went ahead calling him a product of Nigerian failed educational system. You have exposed how stupid you are. If you've got nothing meaningful to contribute, just f.cuk off. Mr 'Sabinus'.
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by redsquare(m): 12:10am On Feb 26, 2012
shadrach77:

it's amazing the kind of trash that makes its way to nairaland front page these days - this piece has been over the internet for the past five years, and somebody has just copied and pasted it today and it becomes front page material. The so called "moderators" should be more selective and discerning when making front page choices if they want this website to remain relevant   embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss
Yes, it has been all over the internet for the past 100years, why didn't you copy it and paste since you read it? Leave people like 'us' that are seeing it for the first time to enjoy the joke. Na by force to comment on every thread? Mumu like you.
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by TBrownAuto(m): 12:15am On Feb 26, 2012
yes the language is mad very useless and causes confusion which make many end up in jail
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by Princek12(m): 1:00am On Feb 26, 2012
~Killz~:

I wonder what your problem is. . .and i DONT care.
This thread was created in the jokes section. Now if you dont go to all the threads on the jokes section, and demand for the links to all the jokes there, you are a FOOL! wink
Jokers do not post the links to where they get the jokes from. . . You dont have to be dumb to understand that!

This, like all other jokes in the jokes section is COPIED! Go therefore and demand copyright for all the jokes on NL or remain a what? A FOOL! wink

emmatok:

Man cool-down,

This is a joke on NET and not PHD thesis.

redsquare:

What's biting you mister? Abeg free the guy joor. Is the original work yours that you are accusing the guy of plagiarism? It is not a must to post on every thread. You even went ahead calling him a product of Nigerian failed educational system. You have exposed how silly you are. If you've got nothing meaningful to contribute, just f.cuk off. Mr 'Sabinus'.

All you need to do is provide the link of the website from which the jokes were copied. Is that too hard? Idiot.

And sexkillz, you are a thief and the bigger fool. I bet all your lines and responses are copied from someone's website. With the mentality of the people above, I am now understanding why graduates of Nigerian universities cannot compete globally.

I bet that all of you are products of Nigeria's failed educational system. Your types of mentalities are why Nigeria is retarded.--You don't see a big deal in plagiarism.

How hard is it to post the link to the source of your jokes.

When I read someone's jokes in the jokes section, I assume that they created it.
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by StarFlux: 1:59am On Feb 26, 2012
I don't see how english is cunfusing at all. It's not the only language with inconsistensies and weird phraseology.
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by strangest(m): 2:16am On Feb 26, 2012
All you guys wey dey disturb the poster should google it and see that more than 10 websites has the joke on them, so who do you quote in such a situation?? all of them?? ok take the links and keep mute, may be you guys should start attacking them for stealing it from the other , nice one @poster

http://www.istudentcity.com/feature/091900_crazy1.asp

http://www.english-zone.com/language/english.html

http://www.citehr.com/research.php?q=A-ship-owner-agreed-to-carry-to-cargo-of-sugar-belonging-to-A-from-Constanza

http://www.writersdreamtools.com/view/humor/view.asp?HumorID=9&offset=10

http://www.oneliners-and-proverbs.com/engels/question.html

http://smileosmile.com/misc/english-is-a-crazy-language/

http://www.mailments.com/category/trivial-posts/

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by LewsTherin: 5:01am On Feb 26, 2012
If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes?
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by LewsTherin: 5:03am On Feb 26, 2012
If Pro and Con are opposites, is the opposite of Progress Congress?
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by bright007(f): 6:02am On Feb 26, 2012
Where is d joke?cant simply find one.
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by jamace(m): 6:51am On Feb 26, 2012
LWKMD grin

So crazy! That is why even after acquiring all the degrees you can think of, some people still drop "bombs" and shoot "bullets" during grammar sessions. grin grin
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by amarula(f): 8:22am On Feb 26, 2012
~Killz~:

[color=#000030][font=tempus sans itc][size=11pt]I wonder what your problem is. . .and i DONT care.

This, like all other jokes in the jokes section is COPIED! Go therefore and demand copyright for all the jokes on NL or remain a what? A FOOL!

Ur best response ever. Liking u more
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by mikuz(m): 8:44am On Feb 26, 2012
Poland and Holland aint the same.
People just keep confusing themselves.
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by greedie1(f): 8:46am On Feb 26, 2012
Very nice one killz. . . Pay no mind to killjoys
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 26, 2012
Seriously,y'all that's hatin on kills should should back off!.haba!.hu gives a Zap if y'all heard it a billion years ago, abegi.killz,thanx 4 d info man, jes lost my ass while laffn, lol
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by VIPICO(m): 9:42am On Feb 26, 2012
afam4eva:

English is as crazy as they come. English language defies logic as there is no specific rule for speaking English.

Do I agree with the emboldened part? Nah! Crazy as the English language may seem, there are rules guiding its use.
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by newslive(f): 10:03am On Feb 26, 2012
Nice 1, lol

Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by Raxxye(m): 10:32am On Feb 26, 2012
Princek12:

All you need to do is provide the link of the website from which the jokes were copied. Is that too hard? .

And sexkillz, you are a thief and the bigger fool. I bet all your lines and responses are copied from someone's website. With the mentality of the people above, I am now understanding why graduates of Nigerian universities cannot compete globally.

I bet that all of you are products of Nigeria's failed educational system. Your types of mentalities are why Nigeria is slow.--You don't see a big deal in plagiarism.

How hard is it to post the link to the source of your jokes.

When I read someone's jokes in the jokes section, I assume that they created it.

I saw a joke in my cousin‘s phone and would love to share it. I know it‘s not originally hers. How do I reference it?
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by Raxxye(m): 10:46am On Feb 26, 2012
VIPICO:

Do I agree with the emboldened part? Nah! Crazy as the English language may seem, there are rules guiding its use.
What are the rules ‘cause they really are inconsistent,making the language weird.
For example a “teacher“ is one who teaches, a “player“ is one who plays, but “prayer“ is not one who prays.
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by honorsam(m): 11:14am On Feb 26, 2012
Killz,learn how to use resources online,I'm afraid u'v just committd a crime.Its called 'PLAY-JUH-RI-ZM'
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by IRAPADA(m): 11:58am On Feb 26, 2012
If big is to big biger bigest y cnt we cal good gulder or gooder goodest
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by jamace(m): 12:56pm On Feb 26, 2012
^^^LMAO grin The above almost earned me some strokes of cane, many years ago, when I entered into an heated argument with my teacher. My conviction then was that if the comparative noun of long, short, young e.t.c should be by mere addition of "er" and "est" to them, good should be, good, gooder and goodest. grin.

English na wa o. grin
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by jude33084(m): 2:17pm On Feb 26, 2012
Truely truely, how can someone hav a runing nose and a smelling feet? Y nt d other way round?
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by Killz3(m): 3:02pm On Feb 26, 2012
@ emmatok, redsquare, strangest, amarula, gree-die, lalaosky, raxxye and all the rest who love good jokes when they see one. . . Thank you! As long as it is a joke, i dont care where it came from. It's not as if i'm defending a science project here. Jokes are meant to be copied and shared. The first time i saw this joke was in 2004. Seeing it on my friends FB page, i laughed over it again, i copied and pasted. Should i reference the page from 2004, or should i reference the friend i copied it from, who obviously copied it from someone that copied it from someone else?

@ IRAPADA!
Bad Badder baddest! grin
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by Yeske2(m): 3:51pm On Feb 26, 2012
La langue anglaise est tres difficile, i tell ya
With so many borrowed words, tenses and verbs that are all inconsistent. Learn another foreign language and see how flawed English language is.
What is it with SET in the following,
Tennis, badminton etc
cutlery
mathematical set
sun set
TV/radio set
set as in ready
set as in classmates
set up, set down, set it etc
Read (same spelling for present and past tenses though different pronounciation)
Cut, put (same for present and past tenses and pronounciation)
Eat - ate then beat should be bate.
The language is awkward i tell ya.
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by SNCOQ3(m): 4:00pm On Feb 26, 2012
jamace:

^^^LMAO grin The above almost earned me some strokes of cane, many years ago, when I entered into an heated argument with my teacher. My conviction then was that if the comparative noun of long, short, young e.t.c should be by mere addition of "er" and "est" to them, good should be, good, gooder and goodest. grin.

English na wa o. grin

LOL! u "correct" according to logic but the world is not a fair place grin grin
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by Felixjude(m): 4:55pm On Feb 26, 2012
interesting ,
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by muyoto: 7:24pm On Feb 26, 2012
cool, but its been around for over fours years now.
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by IRAPADA(m): 8:13pm On Feb 26, 2012
Im GOODER than u in maths. 2pac is the GOODEST rapper of all time what is d badest thing u ever done. Crazy english
Re: Let's Face It - English Is A Crazy Language! by abustinozic: 4:46am On Feb 27, 2012
yes it is, lovely work though (BY THE ACTUAL OWNERS grin)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Will Survive(dirty Version) / 26 Jan Republic Day Anchoring Script In Hindi-english 2015 / Women's English Vs. Men's English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.