Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,203 members, 7,880,742 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:22 AM

Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) (8827 Views)

Defense Headquarters Nigeria Reply To Nairaland.photo / Who Would You Suggest To Be The EFCC Boss Under Buhari? See My Suggestion / Who Is Seun (Nairaland Owner) Supporting: GMB Or GEJ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by MyVicky: 11:27am On Feb 27, 2012
Dear Mr. Seun Osewa, in my humble opinion, the previous posters seem to have a united message but a diverse manner of presentation. Undoubtedly, change is inevitable. Equally, uniqueness is a rare virtue in the midst of a discombobulated world. I personally. Would like to suggest that you endeavor to strike a balance between change and uniqueness! For instance, trademarks such as google, facebook, twitter, wikipedia etc have hitherto been able to strike that balance. Like someone rightly said, imagine what a Yellow-coloured facebook or an advert-bombarded google front page would look like!? The owners of the above brands introduce changes and at the same time, maintain the uniqueness of their brand-the more reason they have been able to survive and thrive excellently, In a nutshell, so as not to be tedious to you, my point is 'change + uniqueness'. It is good to introduce changes to Nairaland but it is better to ensure the sustenance of the uniqueness of NL !!!
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by MyVicky: 11:28am On Feb 27, 2012
Dear Mr. Seun Osewa, in my humble opinion, the previous posters seem to have a united message but a diverse manner of presentation. Undoubtedly, change is inevitable. Equally, uniqueness is a rare virtue in the midst of a discombobulated world. I personally. Would like to suggest that you endeavor to strike a balance between change and uniqueness! For instance, trademarks such as google, facebook, twitter, wikipedia etc have hitherto been able to strike that balance. Like someone rightly said, imagine what a Yellow-coloured facebook or an advert-bombarded google front page would look like!? The owners of the above brands introduce changes and at the same time, maintain the uniqueness of their brand-the more reason they have been able to survive and thrive excellently, In a nutshell, so as not to be tedious to you, my point is 'change + uniqueness'. It is good to introduce changes to Nairaland but it is better to ensure the sustenance of the uniqueness of NL !!!
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by dmxqo(m): 11:29am On Feb 27, 2012
Sombdy said 'sell d site''?
Crazy! Bad advice!
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by Acelifted: 12:00pm On Feb 27, 2012
Seun

Kudos for the good work. Nairaland is my daily bus stop once i get online. I have personally bought and sold my cars through nairaland. You brought the market home. you brought the news home. you brought SOLUTION within reach.

Gracias Amigo!
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by akpanasukwo: 12:36pm On Feb 27, 2012
keep NL the way it is
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by millionbuc(m): 1:10pm On Feb 27, 2012
What ever you do, dont change. The new Nairaland is too shouty, bright and unhomely. No one likes to be lost in the crowd.

http://5slate..com/2012/02/omg-nairaland-worth-over-n200m.html
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by ayo84(m): 1:32pm On Feb 27, 2012
Please how can we contact seun,if we have ideas on joint business venture deals, i have some ideas that can increase the amount of revenue nairaland generates and is willing to share these ideas with seun osewa,how can i contact you.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by obowunmi(m): 2:20pm On Feb 27, 2012
Share at ur own risk. Doubt seun is interested in joint business ventures.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by jeezybuck: 2:41pm On Feb 27, 2012
Seun, Leave Nairaland as it is, I spend most on my time on Nairaland rather than facebook. The beta version looks like another LAND. We are used to this, Just a little face-lift will do.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by manny4life(m): 2:51pm On Feb 27, 2012
dmxqo:

Sombdy said 'sell d site''?
Crazy! Bad advice!

I have once suggested that, NL has a lot of potentials, unfortunately, Seun doesn't know how to tap into them. If NL is up for sale tomorrow, trust and believe, I will be the first to launch a takeover immediately, watch out , lol.

I prefer this version to the newer version although I want more flexibility and more user interactivity with NL, if Seun can go way beyond just design and improve on other things, then we're talking. TBH though, NL doesn't excite me like it used to, for some odd reason, I just got bored out from NL.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by niyooo(m): 3:33pm On Feb 27, 2012
Thanks @ Missy B, The new site seems all jumbled up. This one is definitely tidier and better on the eyes. Think Seun should stick with this one and gradually implement whatever changes he wants to implement without changing the whole thing at once.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by Skii(m): 4:07pm On Feb 27, 2012
Here are my thoughts (even though I'm not so much of a software techie)

Initial reaction was NO to the new nairaland (typical nigerian mentally, talking before thinking), but after thinking about it I think its a good idea to give it a shot!

If the platform that you are currently running this version of NL on doesnt support mobile viewing and your new "intended" added features, why don't you re-create this nairaland on whatever new platform you experimenting with as it is but with the options of allowing you to add your new features plus people's good suggestions gradually by design of experiments or benchmarking?

undecided

just thinking, did i make a point?
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by redsquare(m): 7:42pm On Feb 27, 2012
There is nothing good about the new NL. Just leave NL as it is otherwise you'll see people leave in droves.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by blank(f): 8:39pm On Feb 27, 2012
Its like pouring water on a stone. You guys are so change resistant.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by Nobody: 1:33am On Feb 28, 2012
To be sincere, the new nairaland isnt that pleasing in the eye. the reason why i usually come to nairaland is the simplicity of this GUI. so easy to use and crystal clear unlike the proposed one. Why dont you get together with a bunch of programmers and improve this SMF application. the new one isnt that good really. i believe you can do better,

Cheers
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by tpia5: 2:24am On Feb 28, 2012
Initial reaction was NO to the new nairaland (typical nigerian mentally, talking before thinking), but after thinking about it I think its a good idea to give it a shot!

true that.

let him do whatever he likes jare.

its his site.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by igbaodun: 3:06am On Feb 28, 2012
tpia@:

true that.

let him do whatever he likes jare.

its his site.

Spoken like a true non-technical person.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 28, 2012
Nobody is on nairaland because of its interface, Its about d content, nd mybe business, I like d new nairaland, Nd those dat wanna leave due to a change probably have lost focus on why dey are here, Its ur site, commandeer it!
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by nwanioma(f): 10:43am On Feb 28, 2012
Please change and innovation are the only ways to go forward! I really don't know why people are so averse to change (Like my mum). Please excite us a little with something different and don't stop there.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by dj5naira(m): 10:45am On Feb 28, 2012
Seun, listen to this song, it spoke my mind.[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk4ca-iyttc[/flash]
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by 4ward(m): 12:06pm On Feb 28, 2012
[color=#006600]Hi Seun,in my own opinion i think u can still change it but make it gradual change it amount to progress.their is no prob in re branding/repackaging. cry[/color].change is inevitable
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by maclatunji: 3:40pm On Mar 03, 2012
[Quote]You don't expect to make a big change without first encountering some setbacks. If he maintains good numbers with mobile users, his figures on PC should see a rebound in about 6 months. Ultimately, the mobile advertising market is growing as well and he would do well to adapt to it. The PC will be almost extinct in 10 years from now and some people are already winning the early race for that market.

A lot of us browse on mobiles and laptops. If he retains us on mobile, people will grudgingly accept the same version on computers. It is a bold move that needs to be taken. [/Quote]

At the time I said this, I hadn't checked the latest figures/graphs. I just did and a certain website has already overtaken Nairaland in terms of daily visitors, I think it is just a matter of time before it gets the No.1 ranking for all Nigerian websites, very interesting.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by maclatunji: 3:43pm On Mar 03, 2012
What am I saying? It already has!
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by yamakuza: 3:47pm On Mar 03, 2012
^ Is it Punch or Guardian?
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by maclatunji: 4:43pm On Mar 03, 2012
yamakuza:

^ Is it Punch or Guardian?

Punch was doing well before until they made the stupid decision to try charging people to read their website. Guardian was never in the game at all (online o, I love the print edition to bits). For details read this http://coolstuff49ja..com/2012/03/nairaland-gets-dethroned-as-most.html

Its Vanguardngr.com!
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by tpia5: 12:08am On Mar 04, 2012
seun can keep the beta version as an option, for those who prefer it.

isnt that what yahoo does every so often?
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by yamakuza: 12:16am On Mar 04, 2012
tpia@:

seun can keep the beta version as an option, for those who prefer it.

isnt that what yahoo does every so often?

there was an expressed worry about consistency of look and feel between the 2 versions.

Something to do with the Brand Identity of Nairaland.

Once that can be solved, other issues might be easier, i guess.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by dabrake(m): 12:18am On Mar 04, 2012
millionbuc:

What ever you do, dont change. The new Nairaland is too shouty, bright and unhomely. No one likes to be lost in the crowd.

http://5slate..com/2012/02/omg-nairaland-worth-over-n200m.html
also http://statout.com/www.nairaland.com
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by Skybee1(m): 2:05pm On Nov 07, 2015
if u dnt fulfil ds particular promise?we r goin bak to vote pdp wch is d devil we no.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by Missionaire: 11:07am On Sep 21, 2021
manny4life:

I have once suggested that, NL has a lot of potentials, unfortunately, Seun doesn't know how to tap into them. If NL is up for sale tomorrow, trust and believe, I will be the first to launch a takeover immediately, watch out , lol.

I prefer this version to the newer version although I want more flexibility and more user interactivity with NL, if Seun can go way beyond just design and improve on other things, then we're talking. TBH though, NL doesn't excite me like it used to, for some odd reason, I just got bored out from NL.

So sad......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari: Four Days In Office, Achievements So Far / Gatwick Airport London Is Not Own By Yoruba Man ignore the lies / Palliatives: Oyebanji Meets Organised Labour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.