Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,808 members, 7,886,177 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 02:21 AM

Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber (16277 Views)

Democracy: GEJ Deliver Kabiru Sokoto Christmas Day Church Bomber To Court / Suicide Bombers Disguised As Worshippers Kill Many In Mosque / Kabiru Sokoto: Madalla Church Bomber Hospitalized In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 26, 2012
Angry worshippers at the headquarters of Church Of Christ In Nations (COCIN) in Jos on Sunday killed one of the two suspected bearers of the explosives that hit the Church in the morning.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the bomber and one other, who both wore army camouflage, drove into the Church and beat the security before hitting the building.

NAN correspondent, who was at the scene, reports that the suspect appeared to be in his early 30s.

The suspect, who wore a neatly carved moustache, looked well-fed.

But probably afraid of dying, the bomb carrier jumped out of the vehicle just before the blast went off and attempted to run but could not move as he was affected by the blast.

The angry worshipers, however, descended on him and clubbed him to death.

An eyewitness and a worshipper in the Church, Joyce Dalyop, told NAN that there were arguments among the worshipers over what to do with the bomber before he was finally killed.

``Immediately they (bombers) entered the Church, one of them jumped out of the black jeep but luck ran out of him as the explosion affected him and so he could not run very fast before he was caught.’’

``Some people even pleaded that he should not be killed; they suggested that he should be handed over to Police for further investigation, but others argued that the police could not be trusted and opined that the suspect may be released,” she said.

Another worshipper in the Church, Elder Bulus Haruna, said that the other bomber, who drove the vehicle, was blown into pieces together with the vehicle that was reduced to only the engine.

``His (bomber) body parts were scattered everywhere – the legs and hands were charred and had become roasted by the fire from the explosion,” he said. (NAN)

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/17445/2012/02/26/worshippers_kill_suspected_fleeing_church_bomber.html
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 26, 2012
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by DRANOEL(m): 3:53pm On Feb 26, 2012
good. i hope they made him suffer unprecedented pain before death
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by Kilode1: 4:05pm On Feb 26, 2012
This must be traumatic for the church.
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by udezue(m): 4:08pm On Feb 26, 2012
Good for him
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by ASOROCKb(m): 4:10pm On Feb 26, 2012
Dividing the country=Ending the killings
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by ASOROCKb(m): 4:14pm On Feb 26, 2012
Why cant the right thing be done at the right time, huh?
Just for once in this evil union.
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by Sunofgod(m): 4:16pm On Feb 26, 2012
Thou Shall Not Kill -  shocked
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by Kobojunkie: 4:19pm On Feb 26, 2012
The angry worshipers, however, descended on him and clubbed him to death.
An eyewitness and a worshipper in the Church, Joyce Dalyop, told NAN that there were arguments among the worshipers over what to do with the bomber before he was finally killed. "Immediately they (bombers) entered the Church, one of them jumped out of the black jeep but luck ran out of him as the explosion affected him and so he could not run very fast before he was caught.’’
"Some people even pleaded that he should not be killed; they suggested that he should be handed over to Police for further investigation, but others argued that the police could not be trusted and opined that the suspect may be released,” she said.

WOW!!!  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Church murderers . . . . . I will probably never go back to such a church, if I were to have been a worshipper there to begin with. I understand the horror of what the criminals attempted but the response is not justified, especially when you consider the group that we are speaking of here.
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by ASOROCKb(m): 4:33pm On Feb 26, 2012
Sun of god:

Thou Shall Not Kill -  shocked
To them Muslims, opposite is the case. What an Evil // Antichrist religion. Pity them for hell fire awaits the unrepentant ones.
Split now before is too late
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by silat(f): 4:40pm On Feb 26, 2012
Exodus 22:2-3

Exodus 22:2-3  2 "If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed.   3 "If the sun has risen on him, there shall be guilt for his bloodshed.

17 ' Whoever kills any man shall surely be put to death
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by Odunnu: 4:41pm On Feb 26, 2012
Good job fellow worshippers!
If you can and have the heart, kill them instantly. Which one be police?

1 Like

Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by AndreUweh(m): 4:48pm On Feb 26, 2012
The bomber would have been spared. Information gotten from him could have been very vital in the chase against this evil sect-Boko Haram. Wrong choice by worshippers.
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by seenoevil1: 4:49pm On Feb 26, 2012
e don red finish angry
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by Kilode1: 4:54pm On Feb 26, 2012
Odunnu:

Good job fellow worshippers!
If you can and have the heart, kill them instantly. Which one be police?

Odunnu, would you have participated in the clubbing-to-death if you were there ?
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by AndreUweh(m): 4:55pm On Feb 26, 2012
Kilode?!:

Odunnu, would you have participated in the clubbing-to-death if you were there ?
Good question. Whatever the answer, the move is wrong.
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by phreakabit(m): 4:59pm On Feb 26, 2012
Andre Uweh:

Abeg keep quiet jor. I will kill, to DEFEND/PROTECT myself and my family. . . . You would do the same, if not worse.
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by phreakabit(m): 5:00pm On Feb 26, 2012
They keep attacking churches. . . .Yet, we don't freaking retaliate! What the hell do they want?!
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by Willywilly9: 5:03pm On Feb 26, 2012
ogbeche77:

The angry worshipers, however,
descended on him and clubbed
him to death.
An eyewitness and a worshipper
in the Church, Joyce Dalyop, told
NAN that there were arguments
among the worshipers over
what to do with the bomber
before he was finally killed.
``Immediately they (bombers)
entered the Church, one of them
jumped out of the black jeep but
luck ran out of him as the
explosion affected him and so he
could not run very fast before he
was caught.’’
``Some people even pleaded that
he should not be killed; they
suggested that he should be
handed over to Police for further
Moslem people say they don't love life, they should tell me why that man, the would be Bomber jumped out of that car,
I like the way those Christains lynch that dirty Moslem Bomber to death, Thanks to my fellow brothers in Christ. Up Jesus Christ!!!!!!
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by ASOROCKb(m): 5:09pm On Feb 26, 2012
Andre Uweh:

Same Q to you. God forbid, assuming your relation was among the dead, what will you do, huh? Join them, I guess.
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by seenoevil1: 5:11pm On Feb 26, 2012
[size=14pt]HERE IS WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT SELF DEFENSE :
[/size]

Exodus 22:2-3  2 "If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed

Luke 22:36, which says: "  Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it,and likewise his scrip: and [U]he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one[/U]

[size=14pt]THE BIBLE DOES NOT ENCOURAGE VIOLENCE , RETALIATORY ATTACKS AND REPRISALS HOWEVER THE BIBLE IS 110% BEHIND SELF DEFENSE . IN THIS CASE Exodus 22:2-3  2 APPLIES TO THE DEATH OF THE BOMBER , HE WAS CAUGHT AND HE PAID FOR IT . MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE . END OF STORY [/size]
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by Kilode1: 5:11pm On Feb 26, 2012
Andre Uweh:

I'm really not sure of what I would have done if I were in their shoes, it's hard to know for sure until you experience it.

I'm just curious about Odunnu.
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by ASOROCKb(m): 5:11pm On Feb 26, 2012
phreakabit:

They keep attacking churches.  .  . .Yet, we don't freaking retaliate! What the hell do they want?!
There own nation nah
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by 4Play(m): 5:12pm On Feb 26, 2012
The irony! You would think they would at least hold him to extract info on who's involved in the bomb plot.
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by phreakabit(m): 5:16pm On Feb 26, 2012
4 Play:

The irony! You would think they would at least hold him to extract info on who's involved in the bomb plot.

Be logical when commenting here. . . I know you are in London, but we are talking about Nigeria here. In case you don't know, the armed forces have been infiltrated. So any attempt at extracting or deriving information is an effort in futility.
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by antartica(m): 5:19pm On Feb 26, 2012
4 Play:

Just plain stu-pid or rather madness.He was a vital link to the masterminding cowards.
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by Odunnu: 5:23pm On Feb 26, 2012
Kilode?!:

I'm sure I would have been a passive attacker. I wouldnt be able to shed the blood by clubbing but i'm sure I would have no qualms buying pure water and moutain dew to those who did.
Imagine what would have happened if they'd succeeded. Another headline news! Not again!
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by phreakabit(m): 5:24pm On Feb 26, 2012
antartica:

Just plain stu-pid or rather madness.He was a vital link to the masterminding cowards.

RFLMAO!!! Everyone has a brain? Yes!  Everyone uses it? Ummm. . . .  Kinda. Does Everyone use it properly. . . .  No!!!!

With that said. Are you suggesting that they extract information from  "A SUICIDE BOMBER" ?    undecided
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by Odunnu: 5:37pm On Feb 26, 2012
We have Zakari Biu, all the info we need is with him. Lets extract all he has to offer but in the mean time, kill every body who attempts to blast any group instantly. Twats!
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by kokoA(m): 5:40pm On Feb 26, 2012
Either way, the aboki died sha, But better in the hands of his "would-have-been" victims than being torn into pieces by his bomb undecided
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by Kilode1: 5:52pm On Feb 26, 2012
Odunnu:

I'm sure I would have been a passive attacker. I wouldnt be able to shed the blood by clubbing but i'm sure I would have no qualms buying pure water and moutain dew to those who did.
Imagine what would have happened if they'd succeeded. Another headline news! Not again!

I understand.

You see, that is why we need those in leadership to proactively act towards restructuring this country. No way we can sustain this situation where young women are forced to cheer on a mob lynching in church. Young men too.

These religious extremists are winning the war by making everyone be like them.

Our leaders don't seem to understand the implication at all. This will only get worse, people seem to have crossed a threshold that the govt is denying. Retaliatory killings in church by church members? That is trauma.
Re: Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber by emmalexabl(m): 5:53pm On Feb 26, 2012
He was a suicide bomber and should not 've lived and the church ensured that he completed the task . .chikena. But i still but wonder why bomber decided to chicken out at that eleventh hour. May be he suddenly realized the 10 VIRGINS is but a SCAM. . .roflmao o o!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan, Okowa Take Message Of Peace To Creeks Of The Niger Delta / Buhari Will Not Be President Come May 29, Says Buba Galadima / Osinbajo To Commission Industrial Park In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.