Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,008 members, 7,880,157 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 01:18 PM

Contradictions In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Contradictions In The Bible (1908 Views)

101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible / 101 Contradictions In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 26, 2012
In the New Testament, there are contradictions between the genealogies of Jesus given in the first chapter of Matthew and the third chapter of Luke. Both genealogies begin with Joseph. But Matthew says Joseph’s father was Jacob, while Luke claims he was Heli. Matthew lists 26 generations between Jesus and King David, whereas Luke records 41. Matthew runs Jesus’ line of descent through David’s son Solomon, while Luke has it going through David’s son Nathan.

2. The story of Jesus' birth is also contradictory. Matthew 2:13-15 depicts Joseph and Mary as fleeing to Egypt with the baby Jesus immediately after the wise men from the east had brought gifts. But Luke 2:22-40 claims that after the birth of Jesus, his parents remained in Bethlehem for the time of Mary’s purification (which was 40 days, under the Mosaic law). Afterwards, they brought Jesus to Jerusalem "to present him to the Lord," and then returned to their home in Nazareth. Luke mentions no journey into Egypt or visit by wise men from the east.

3. Concerning the death of Judas, the disloyal disciple, Matthew 27:5 states he took the money he had received for betraying Jesus, threw it down in the temple, and "went and hanged himself." To the contrary, Acts 1:18 claims Judas used the money to purchase a field and "falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out."

4. In describing Jesus being led to his execution, John 19:17 recounts that he carried his own cross. But Mark 15:21-23 disagrees by saying a man called Simon carried the cross.

5. As for the crucifixion, Matthew 27:44 tells us Jesus was taunted by both criminals who were being crucified with him. But Luke 23:39-43 relates that only one of the criminals taunted Jesus, the other criminal rebuked the one who was doing the taunting, and Jesus told the criminal who was defending him, "Today shalt thou be with me in paradise."

6. Regarding the last words of Jesus while on the cross, Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34 quote Jesus as crying with a loud voice, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" Luke 23:46 gives his final words as, "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit." John 19:30 alleges the last words were, "It is finished."

7. There are even contradictions in the accounts of the resurrection – the supposed event that is the very foundation of the Christian religion. Mark 16:2 states that on the day of the resurrection, certain women arrived at the tomb at the rising of the sun. But John 20:1 informs us they arrived when it was yet dark. Luke 24:2 describes the tomb as open when the women arrived, whereas Matthew 28:1-2 indicates it was closed. Mark 16:5 declares that the women saw a young man at the tomb, Luke 24:4 says they saw two men, Matthew 28:2 reports they saw an angel, and John 20:11-12 claims they saw two angels.

8. Also in the resurrection stories, there are contradictions as to the identity of the women who came to the tomb,[7] whether the men or angels the women saw were inside or outside the tomb,[8] whether the men or angels were standing or sitting,[9] and whether Mary Magdalene recognized the' risen' Jesus when he first appeared to her.

9. As a final example of a New Testament contradiction, the conflicting accounts of Paul’s conversion can be cited. Acts 9:7 states that when Jesus called Paul to preach the gospel, the men who were with Paul heard a voice but saw no man. According to Acts 22:9, however, the men saw a light but didn't hear the voice speaking to Paul.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 26, 2012
The question is which of these contradictory stories was 'inspired by the holy ghost' and which was the authors invention ?
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Goshen360(m): 7:04pm On Feb 26, 2012
I will attempt to answer all your question but however, I do not have enough time now as i might be going out soon. The meaning of Synoptic gospels is different authors with different story views. When you and I are to write on an event we both attended, we will definitely not write same thing but will have similarities more than differences. This is what the synoptic gospels means. There is not contradictions my brother.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 26, 2012
goshen360:

I will attempt to answer all your question but however, I do not have enough time now as i might be going out soon. The meaning of Synoptic gospels is different authors with different story views. When you and I are to write on an event we both attended, we will definitely not write same thing but will have similarities more than differences. This is what the synoptic gospels means. There is not contradictions my brother.
Different authors with different story views is called a contradiction. Some stories contradict the other.

A different view would be the interpretations. But when some actions are mentioned in one and not the other, it's a contradiction.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Goshen360(m): 7:19pm On Feb 26, 2012
^^^ Are you aware there could be different reasons for different views? For instance, women are not regarded as children of household in family genealogies. What am saying is, there could always be reasons for over sight of an event. I don't really see it as contradiction rather, I see it as updates of event. This is what i mean in a true world, I attended interview with my friend working together in same office. We are to explain the process of a particular computer installations and operations, lo and behold, we both work in the same field and and office. We gave different step by step approach. Can we say we are both wrong? No. In our narration, we both skipped some steps but still arrived at same message. This is the angel am looking at it from.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 26, 2012
The same Bible that you quote to validate Muhammad. grin grin grin grin grin

[img]http://frankdickinson.me/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/baby-yawn.jpg[/img]
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 26, 2012
frosbel:

me sef dey very tired

[img]http://4.bp..com/-7mYclB2oypk/TWrlhBPvHxI/AAAAAAAAALc/mwjhBbuZ9kU/s1600/yawn4.jpg[/img]
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 26, 2012
goshen360:

^^^ Are you aware there could be different reasons for different views? For instance, women are not regarded as children of household in family genealogies. What am saying is, there could always be reasons for over sight of an event. I don't really see it as contradiction rather, I see it as updates of event. This is what i mean in a true world, I attended interview with my friend working together in same office. We are to explain the process of a particular computer installations and operations, lo and behold, we both work in the same field and and office. We gave different step by step approach. Can we say we are both wrong? No. In our narration, we both skipped some steps but still arrived at same message. This is the angel am looking at it from.
Thats my point.
In the example you used both of you had different ideas or solutions to the same problem. Im a programmer and most times we come up with different solutions to the same problem.

In the case of the BIBLE, these are different narrations of the same story: an event that had already occurred.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by mazaje(m): 7:53pm On Feb 26, 2012
@OP
Shut up and get out, as if your Koran is any better. . . .
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Goshen360(m): 8:21pm On Feb 26, 2012
@ musKeeto,
You didn't get me well. I said we are told to explain the process the process of a particular computer installations and operation, not exchanging ideas. My friend and I do the same thing in the same office but still, we still gave different explanations. So if you and I are to explain computer software installation now, don't you think any of us can skip a step or the other and yet doesn't mean we don't know what we are doing. This is the point am making. It is different from exchanging ideas to arrive at a solution. I hope you get my point.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 26, 2012
goshen360:

You are forgetting one important point: christians claim that all gospel writers were inspired by the holy spirit. How come they all write contradictory stories. I mean they couldn't even agree on who is the father of joseph the carpenter!
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 26, 2012
frosbel:

[img]http://frankdickinson.me/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/baby-yawn.jpg[/img]

I dont need the bible to validate the authenticity of prophet Muhmmad (PBUH) .I beleive in him on the authority of The Glorious Qur'an and authentic Hadiths. By the way you did not address any of the contradictions listed.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 26, 2012
Mazaje, i beleive you can express ur opinion without being rude. My Quran is definitely better than the bible, there is no basis for comparison
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by emofine2(f): 9:02pm On Feb 26, 2012
I’m not a fan of this religious t[i]i[/i]t for tat but OP if the bible in which you gladly discredit gave reference to prominent Islamic figures or alluded to your holy book and diety, no doubt you won’t bother to question the authenticity of the Bible then undecided
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 26, 2012
abubello:

I dont need the bible to validate the authenticity of prophet Muhmmad (PBUH) .I beleive in him on the authority of The Glorious Qur'an and authentic Hadiths. By the way you did not address any of the contradictions listed.

Because I have no time for dead religion that is leading you to hell, may prayers for your salvation be answered.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 26, 2012
Frosbel you dont have time or you dont have answers. I think it is the latter.

by the way why is everybody going round the problem i listed nine contradictions and no christian is willing to clarify any of them.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by beblessed(f): 11:14pm On Feb 26, 2012
Silence is d best answer 4 a mumu
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 9:15am On Feb 27, 2012
beblessed:

Silence is d best answer 4 a mumu

I can understand your frustration, you have no answer
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by crossman9(m): 8:50pm On Feb 27, 2012
MORE CONTRADICTIONS
IN THE QUR'AN

INTRODUCTION
The Quran, with its many ambiguous statements, is an ideal scripture to find contradictions. At the same time, its ambiguity provides a good opportunity for Muslims to find some explanation or the other to negate a contradiction. Some of the contradictions mentioned below might have already appeared on other Web Sites with slight variations.
Though Muslim scholars emphasize on the need to understand the CONTEXT of every verse to understand its implication better, the job is easily said than done. The innumerable repetitions and frequent appearance of irrelevant verses make the CONTEXT-finding task indeed difficult. One would expect a scripture to be organized in some logical manner to enable people to understand it better. Unfortunately the Quran, often projected by Muslims as the FINAL TESTAMENT from God, fails in this criterion too.
"Better than a thousand verses devoid of meaning is a single meaningful verse
which can bring tranquility to the one who hears it"
Dhammapada, 101
1. Embryonic Sex Determination
One of the references on human reproduction which Muslims often quote from the Quran is verse 53:45-46. This is interpreted as a reference to the determination of sex at the fertilization stage itself. However, elsewhere, the Quran says that the sex of a developing embryo is determined well after the leech-like clot stage!
(53:45-46)
"That He did create the pairs - male and female from a sperm-drop* (nutfah) when lodged (in its place)" (75:38-39)
"Was he not a drop of sperm emitted (in lowly form)? Then did he become a leech-like clot; then did (Allah) make and fashion (him) in due proportion. And of him He made the sexes, male and female" **
** This view is further supported by this Hadith: "When 42 nights have passed over the drop (nutfah), Allah sends an Angel to it, who shapes it and make its ears, eyes, skin, flesh and bones. Then he says, "O Lord, is it male or female?" and your Lord decides what He wishes" (Hadith, Muslim, Book 33, No. 6392)

2. Width of the Garden
There is a clear discrepancy with reference to the width of the Paradise or Garden in the Quran. Verse 3:133 says that it is all the heavens (Samawath: plural) and the earth combined. Verse 57:21 says that the width is the (lower?) heaven (Sama: singular) and the earth combined.
(3:133)
", a Garden whose width is that (of the whole) of the heavens and the earth, prepared for the righteous," (57:21)
", a Garden (of Bliss), the width whereof is as the width of the heaven and the earth, prepared for those who believe in Allah , "

3. Who misleads people? Satan or Allah?
According to verse 4:119-120, Satan (the rejected one) is the one who creates false desires and misleads people. Refer also 15:42. However, according to verse 16:93, it is God who leaves people astray as He wills! See also 4:78.
(4:119-120)
"I will mislead them, and I will create in them false desires, " (says Satan)
"Satan make them promises and creates in them false hopes, " (vouched by Allah) (16:93)
"If Allah so willed, He could make you all one people. But He leaves straying whom He pleases and He guides whom He pleases , "

4. Attitude towards unbelieving parents
Al-Quran givens contradicting information as to what a believer should do when unbelieving parents and brothers insist on worshipping their gods. Verse 31:15 asks believers to keep company with unbelieving parents even if they insist (on following their religion?), but verse 9:23 asks believers not to take their fathers and brothers as protectors if they disbelieved!
(31:15)
"But if they strive (Jahada) to make thee join in worship with Me things of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not; yet bear them company in this life with justice (and consideration), " (9:23)
"O ye who believe! Take not protectors your fathers and your brothers if they love infidelity above faith: If any of you do so, they do wrong"

These verses of course appear in different contexts. Apologists can argue that verse 9:23 is applicable only in the context of hostilities and not otherwise. Then we have to define what is hostility. We must not forget that many passages in the Quran reflect an hostile environment of fluctuating fortunes between believers and unbelievers. Since neither the Suras nor all the verses within Suras are arranged chronologically, the contexts of these `revelations' become that much difficult to understand. Interestingly, verse 31:15 also seems to appear in the context of `Striving' from the Unbelievers' side. Note the word `Jahada'!

5. Which enters the Paradise: Soul or Body or Both?
After resurrection, it is the body (after reuniting with the soul?) which enters the Paradise. This has been emphasized throughout the Book. See verses 13:5, 17:98-99, 20:55, 34:7, 75:3-4. However verses 27-30 in Sura 89 state that it is the Soul (Nafs)* which enters the Garden!
(17:99)
"See they not that Allah who created the heavens and the earth has the power to create the like of them (anew)? , "
(75:3-4)
"Does man think that We cannot assemble his bones? Nay we are able to to put together in perfect order the very tips of his fingers, " (89:27-30)
(To the righteous soul will be said) "O (tho) soul, in (complete) rest and satisfaction! Come back thou to thy Lord - well pleased (thyself), and well-pleasing unto Him! Enter thou, thee among my Devotees! Yea, enter thou My Heaven!"
(31:28)
"Your creation and your rising (from the dead) are only as (the creation and the rising of) a single soul, " (Pickthall)

In Islam, the bliss in Paradise is not complete without the corporeal and sense pleasures. Otherwise, how can one drink Zanzabil (76:17), feel the moderate temperature (76:13), enjoy maidens (55:56) and drink honey and milk (47:16-17). These are all joys in state for the faithful.
Yousuf Ali (note 6128 for verse 89:27-30) also says that it is the soul which enters the heaven, and not the gross body which perishes (His comment is contradictory to what verse 75:3-4 says!). Read verse 31:28 also. It says man's creation or resurrection is in no wise but as an individual soul*. Pickthall's translation (see box above) is more clear.
* Unlike in Vedic scriptures, the Quran does not clearly recognize the SOUL as a distinct entity from the BODY. The soul is often referred as a source of all inclinations and desires (3:61, 12:53). The Arabic word `Nafs' has been translated differently by different translators: as SOUL, MIND, SPIRIT and even as HEART! The word `Nafs' at times refers to the individual (12:53), sometimes to the Soul (6:93, 39:42), and sometimes to God Himself (6:12,54)!. Of particular interest is verse 21:35 which says "Every soul shall have a taste of death, ". This verse could mean: (i) that the Soul gets a taste of death after separation from the body, as Yousuf Ali interprets or (ii) that the Individual gets a taste of death as it is generally implied on most occasions (3:61, 51:21). Those who are of the opinion that `Nafs' in 21:35 only mean the real Soul would then have to consider this verse as another contradiction to verses 39:42 and 89:27-30 which imply that the Soul is taken back by Allah, momentarily during sleep and decisively at death. Does it mean that the Soul has no death?

6. God needs man or man needs God?
A very clear contradiction exists between verses 51:56 and 35:15. While the former verse says that God created Jinns and mankind for His own reasons (read also 67:2), the latter one says it is man who is in need of God! Read also 51:57.
(51:56)
"I have only created Jinns and men, that they may serve me" *
(67:2)
"He who created Death and Life, that He may try which of you is the best in deed" 35:15
"O mankind! It is you that have need of God: but God is the One Free of all wants, worthy of all praise"

7. EVIL AND GOOD: Where do they come from?
While one verse says that both Evil and Good issue from Allah, the very next verse says only Good comes from Allah!
(4:78)
", If some good befalls them, they say "This is from Allah". But if evil, they say "This is from thee" (O prophet). Say: "All things are from Allah, "* (4:79)
"Whatever good, (O man!) happens to thee, is from Allah. But whatever evil happens to thee, is from thyself"

* Interestingly, the remainder of this verse goes like this: "But what has come to these people. That they fail to understand a single fact?" Can anyone understand what God says here? The fact that both Good and Evil are from Allah or only Good is from Allah?

8. Who has to be blamed for BELIEF AND DISBELIEF ?
(6:12)
"It is they who have lost their own souls, that they will not believe" (10:100)
"No soul can believe except by the will of Allah"

No explanation required for this contradiction!

9. Who has to be blamed for the wrongs done?
From verses 35:8, 16:93, 74:31, 2:142, we learn that it is Allah who has to be blamed for all the misguidance. While other verses hold man himself responsible for the wrongs done (30:9, 4:79).
(35:cool
"Allah leaves stray whom He wills and guides whom He wills" (30:9)
"It was not Allah who wronged them, but they wronged their own souls"

10. UNBELIEVERS: To be persecuted or forgiven?
Verses 23:117 and 98:6 say that unbelievers will not prosper and are the worst of creatures!. Verse 9:29 also asks believers to fight those who do not believe in Allah, the Last Day, His rules and His religion of truth. But verse 45:14 says otherwise. Read also 16:128.
(9:29)
"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth , " (45:14)
"Tell those who believe, to forgive those who do not hope for the Days of Allah; It is for Him to recompense (for good or evil) each people according to what they have earned"

Apologists can argue that verse 9:29 was revealed in the context of war and 45:14 perhaps towards the end of hostilities. The fact is that the Quran does not specify what verses are applicable in the context of war and what is to be followed during other occasions. And also what rulings were for the past, what are for the present and what are for the future! God has unfortunately left everything to our discretion. Ironically, Apologists claim that the Quran contains solutions for the problems of the Past, Present and Future. There is little doubt that their claims is more emotional than factual.

11. God's advice to Muhammed on propagating Islam
We have seen apologists quoting verses from the Quran in support of their claim that the Quran does not recommend forceful conversions. The verse they often quote is 2:256 which says "There is no compulsion in religion". There are also many verses in the Quran which suggest otherwise and these have already appeared on web pages. Here we see two contradicting directives from God on conveying Allah's religion to the people:
(3:20)
"So if they dispute thee, say: "I have permitted my whole self to Allah and so have those who follow me", "Do you (also) submit yourselves? If they do, they are in right guidance. But if they turn back, thy duty is to convey the message. And in Allah's sight are (all) His servants" (8:38-39)
"Say to the Unbelievers, if (now) they desist (from disbelief), their past would be forgiven; but if they persist, the punishment of those before them is already (a matter of warning to them). And fight them on until there is no more persecution and the religion becomes Allah's in its entirety, "

Is verse 8:38-39 an abrogation of verse 3:20? If that is the case, can we recommend the directives in verse 8:38-39 as the standard method to be followed by all Muslims? Or is the latter verse given during the context of war? To me, these verses reflect the changing moods of the prophet in response to the public reaction he received. We see a content & tolerant messenger in verse 3:20 and a contempt and aggressive messenger in verse 8:38-39!

I am yet to see a scripture without any apparent internal/external contradiction in it. In general, the bigger the size of the Book, greater the number of contradictions. Particularly when the texts are a compilation of `revelations' attributed to many seers or prophets. We are living in a pluralistic environment and our effort must to understand the sublime teachings of all religious texts. Those who sincerely wish to investigate the Truth should do it without any bias and prejudice. Emotion should not take an upper hand at the expense of common sense!
"Those who take error for truth, and the truth for error, will never attain the supreme goal,
for they are led astray by vain desires and false views"
Dhammapada, 11.

Note: Readers should not get carried away by the fact that I have quoted verses from Buddhist scripture Dhammapada. I don't mind quoting verses from any scripture as long as they meet these two criteria: (i) If its message is sensible and is of great value to the present and (ii) if it does not contradict another verse of the same Book.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 27, 2012
crossman  below are  clear rebuttal of the alleged contradictions you talked about:
The human embryonic development
It is quite unfortunate that the English translations of the Arabic Quran was done by many people who don't speak good Arabic.  Minister Abdallah Yusuf Ali is a Muslim Minister (Sheikh) from Pakistan and he played a big role in translating the Noble Quran from Arabic to English.
The author of this claim presented this Noble Verse from the Noble Quran, 23:14 "Then We made the Fluid into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (foetus) lump; then we made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then we developed out of it another creature. So blessed be Allah, the best to create!"  It appears from the English translation that the scientific fact of this verse is false, because the male Fluid alone does not and can not form a fetus in a woman's womb.
Let us examine the word "Fluid" in Noble Verses 23:13, 23:14, 16:4, 18:37, 22:5, 35:11, 36:77, 40:67, 75:37, 76:2 and 80:19 from the Noble Quran.  I looked very carefully at each Noble Verse, and I found out that all of them use the Arabic word "Nut'fa" which was wrongly translated as Fluid.  The Arabic word for Fluid is is "Haywan-Manawee."  The Arabic word "Nut'fa" means the actual combination of multiples of "Haywan-Manawee." 
So in other words, One "Nut'fa" = One "Haywan-Manawee" + Another "Haywan-Manawee" and so on ,
Now, the word "Haywan-Manawee" in Arabic means either a male Fluid or a female egg.  It just happens that the Arabic language unites both the male and the female Fluid and egg with one word. 
So when the Noble Quran used the word "Nut'fa" in the several Noble Verses above, it didn't just mean the male Fluid alone.  It meant both the male and the female Fluid and egg respectively.
Traditionally in the Middle East, when the word "Haywan-Manawee" is used in a conversation, it is usually meant for the male Fluid.  The sound of it in Arabic makes its meaning gear more toward the male.  However, it may not always be the case that a person is talking about the male Fluid alone.  That is why Minister Abdallah Yusuf Ali mistranslated the Arabic word "Nut'fa" to "Fluid".
A similar case exists in English.  Take the word "guys" for instance.   When a person says "you guys are nice", it doesn't necessarily mean that the person is talking about males only.  In English, I could tell a group of females "you guys are nice."  I could also tell a group of males and females mixed "you guys are nice."  Traditionally in English, the word "guys" usually means males only.  But the actual word could include both males and females.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 27, 2012
The width of Paradise:

Let us look at Noble Verse 3:133 "Be quick in the race for forgiveness from your Lord, and for a Garden whose width is that (of the whole) of the heavens and of the earth, prepared for the righteous,"

Let us look at Noble Verse 57:21 "Be ye foremost (in seeking) Forgiveness from your Lord, and a Garden (of Bliss), the width whereof is as the width of heaven and earth, prepared for those who believe in God and His apostles: that is the Grace of God, which He bestows on whom he pleases: and God is the Lord of Grace abounding."

Let us look at Noble Verse 39:73 "And those who feared their Lord will be led to the Garden in crowds: Until behold, they arrive there; its gates will be opened; and its keepers will say: "Peace be upon you! Well have ye done! Enter ye here, to dwell therein."

Let us look at Noble Verse 41:30 "In the case of those who say, "Our Lord is Allah", and further, stand straight and steadfast, the angels descend on them (from time to time): "Fear ye not! (they suggest), Nor grieve! but receive the glad tidings of the Garden (of Bliss) that which ye were promised!"

Let us look at Noble Verse 57:21 "Be ye foremost (in seeking) forgiveness from your Lord, and a Garden (of Bliss) the width whereof is as the width of heaven and earth, prepared for those who believe in Allah and his messengers: That is the grace of Allah, which He bestows on whom He pleases: and Allah is The Lord of Grace abounding."

Let us look at Noble Verse 79:41 "Their Abode will be the Garden."

Let us look at Noble Verse 18:31 "For them will be Gardens of Eternity; beneath them Rivers will flow: they will be adorned therein with bracelets of gold, and they will wear grean garments of fine silk and heavy brocade; they will recline therein on raised thrones. How good the recompense! How beautiful a couch to recline on!"

Let us look at Noble Verse 22:23 "Allah will admit those who believe and work righteous deeds. To Gardens beneath which rivers flow: they shall be adorned therein with bracelets of gold and pearls; and their garments there will be of silk."

Let us look at Noble Verse 35:33 "Gardens of Eternity will they enter: therein will they be adorned with bracelets of gold and pearls; and their garments there will be of silk."

Let us look at Noble Verse 78:32 "Grardens enclosed, and grapevines;"

There is not contradiction in the Noble Verses above !.

In the above Noble Verses, we see that in (3:133) the word "heaven" used, while in (57:21) we see the word "heavens" used.

Similarly, in the above Noble Verses, we see that in (39:73, 41:30, 57:21, and 79:41) the word "Garden" is used for Paradise. The word "Garden" in those verses is "Jannah" in Arabic which means Paradise. We also see in Noble Verses (18:31, 22:23, 35:33, and 78:32) the word "Gardens" is used for Paradise. The word "Gardens" in those verses is written as "Jennat" in Arabic which is the plural for "Jannah".

In the Arabic language, the singular and the plural for the words (Paradise or Garden) and (heaven) is the same thing. Sometimes the word Gardens is used by Allah Almighty to give a bigger picture for Paradise to the Muslims. Also, according to the Noble Quran, Heaven is made of different levels. Not all humans who enter heaven will be on the same level. Some will be at the highest level with the Prophets and the righteous people, and others will be at the lowest level where people who sinned a lot will be at. The word Garden is used for putting all the levels of Heaven into one description which we call it Paradise. However, this big Paradise consists of several levels of Heavens or Gardens.

Similarly, Sometimes the word "heaven" is symbolically used by Allah Almighty to represent all the heavens' levels Allah Almighty created, and sometimes the word "heavens" is used by Allah Almighty to exactly represent all the heavens' levels Allah Almighty created.

In Arabic, the words Heaven and Paradise (Garden) can be either singular or plural depending on the grammar and the word's location in the sentence.

Note: There are singular phrases for Heaven and plural ones as well in the English language. "The LORD of Heavens" is a plural phrase, where "In Heaven we will live peacefully" is a singular one.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 27, 2012
Who misleads people? Satan or Allah?

Let us look at Noble Verses 4:119-120 "[Satan says:] "I will mislead them, and I will create in them false desires; I will order them to slit the ears of cattle, and to deface the (fair) nature created by God." Whoever, forsaking God, takes satan for a friend, hath of a surety suffered a loss that is manifest.

Satan makes them promises, and creates in them false desires; but satan's promises are nothing but deception."

Let us look at Noble Verse 16:93 "If God so willed, He could make you all one people: But He leaves straying whom He pleases, and He guides whom He pleases: but ye shall certainly be called to account for all your actions."

There is no contradiction in the above Noble Verses !.

In the Noble Verses (4:119-120) above, Allah Almighty clearly tells us that Satan is the primary decieving force that we might face. For this reason, we must always avoid listening to Satan's temptations. In the Noble Verse (16:93) above, Allah Almighty helps whom ever He wants and leaves astray whom ever he wants. Depending on our intentions in this life, we might gain the love of GOD or gain His dislike or hate. Allah Almighty is not obligated to help everyone He creates. He gives us choices and makes the straight path to follow crystal clear for us. It is ultimately up to us (the humans) to make the decission of going with the path of Allah Almighty or go with the path of Satan and evil. See also 45:15.

This topic is further discussed in this site: Is Evil from Satan, Ourselves or Allah?
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 9:55pm On Feb 27, 2012
Attitude toward unbelieving parents:

Let us look at Noble Verse 31:15 "But if they strive to make thee join in worship with Me things of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not; yet bear them company in this life with justice (and consideration), and follow the way of those who turn to me (in love): in the end the return of you all is to Me, and I will tell you the truth (and meaning) of all that ye did."

Let us look at Noble Verse 9:23 "O ye who believe! take not for protectors your fathers and your brothers if they love infidelity above Faith: if any of you do so, they do wrong."

In Noble Verse 31:15, Allah Almighty orders us not to follow even our parents if they request from us to worship other gods than the Almighty GOD, Allah. However, even if the parents are pagans or infedels, we still are ordered by the Most Merciful Allah Almighty to be there for them and to help them in life.

In Noble Verse 9:23, Allah Almighty orders us not to take even our parents if they were pagans as guidance or leading example that we must follow. Children always take their parents as the high example that they follow. In Noble Verse 9:23, we are ordered not to consider the parents as our protectors (top examples) and we must not take everything they say or do for granted because they are in wrong doing.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 27, 2012
Which enters paradise? Soul, body or both?
Let us look at Noble Verses 17:98-99 "That is their recompense, because they rejected Our Signs. And said, 'When we are reduced to bones and broken dust, should we really be raised up (to be) a new creation?
See they not that Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth, has power to create the like of them? Only He has decreed a term appointed, of which there is no doubt. But the unjust refuse (to recieve it) except with ingratitude."
Let us look at Noble Verses 75:3-4 "Does man think that We cannot assemble his bones? Nay, We are able to put together in perfect order the very tips of his fingers."
Let us look at Noble Verses 89:27-30 "(To the righteous soul will be saidsmiley O (thou) soul, in (complete) rest and satisfaction ! 'come back thou to thy Lord-Well pleased (thyself), and well-pleasing unto Him! 'Enter thou, then, among my devotees! 'Yea, enter thou my Heaven!'"
Let us look at Noble Verse 31:28 "And your creation or your resurrection is in no wise but as an individual soul: For Allah is He Who Hears and sees (all things)."
In Noble Verses 13:5, 17:98-99, 20:55, 34:7 and 75:3-4, Allah Almighty clearly Says that He will recreate our bodies in Judgement day or in the day of ressurection.
For Noble Verses 89:27-30 and 31:28, when our bodies ressurect from desolved sand in the day of ressurection and become fresh bodies again, we will live in those bodies for a period of 50,000 years until the very last person gets his verdict on whether to enter heaven or hell. See Noble Verse 70:4, which referes to the Day of Judgment, where our judgment will take 50 thousand human years to finish before the very last person of mankind enters either heaven or hell. The phrase "Day of Judgment" in Arabic doesn't mean one day. It means multiple days (50,000 years).
When a person recieves his verdict, if he recieves hell, then he and his body shall enter hell where his body will pay for all the sins it commited along with his soul by feeling the pain of the body as we do now in our current life. If he recieves heaven, then he and his body (sould and body) will enter paradise where he shall live in it for eternity in full pleasure, see Noble Verses 76:13,17, 47:16-17 and 55:56, where Allah Almighty explains some of the physical pleasure that we will have in paradise.
Note: In Noble Verses 89:27-30 and 31:28 above, Allah Almighty talks to the righteous souls promissing them heaven, but doesn't state that only the soul will enter the heaven !. Throughout the Noble Quran, Allah Almighty sometimes refers to us or calls to us by our spirits/souls only. However, this doesn't negate our bodies. See Noble Verses 91:7-10 and 75:1-15 where Allah Almighty refers to us by our souls first.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 27, 2012
man needs God

Of course man needs God. Allah Almighty created us to only worship Him; see Noble Verses 51:56 and 67:72. He also created us weak; see Noble Verses 4:28, 30:54 and 35:15. We need Him; see Noble Verses 35:15 (again) and 47:38.

To Him belong the end and the beginning for everything He created; see Noble Verses 53:25 and 92:13.

To Him belong the glory and the power; see Noble Verses 4:139, 10:65, 35:10, 37:180 and 63:8.

Allah Almighty doesn't need anyone in this universe, but we all need Him; see Noble Verse 35:15.

The word "serve" in Noble Verse 51:56 is a mistranslation. It should be "worship". Ask any Arabic speaking Christian, the Arabic word "Ya-bu-doon" does not mean "serve". It means "Worship".
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 27, 2012
Who has to be blamed for belief and disbelief? and for the wrongs done?

It is those who have gone astray to be blamed for their wrong doings, whether it is evil actions or disbelieving in Allah Almighty.

Allah Almighty said in the Noble Quran "Is he, then, to whom the evil of his conduct is made alluring, so that he looks upon it as good, (equal to one who is rightly guided)? For Allah leaves to stray whom He wills. So let not thy soul go out in (vainly) sighting after them: For Allah knows well all that they do ! (The Noble Quran, 35:cool"

Also in Noble Verse 16:93, Allah Almighty helps whom ever He wants and leaves astray whom ever he wants. Depending on our intentions in this life, we might gain the love of GOD or gain His dislike or hate. Allah Almighty is not obligated to help everyone He creates. He gives us choices and makes the straight path to follow crystal clear for us. It is ultimately up to us (the humans) to make the decission of going with the path of Allah Almighty or go with the path of Satan and evil. See also 45:15.

We humans have a choice. We can either choose Satan's path or Allah Almighty's path. Allah Almighty would inspire whom He feels are worthy for His help and inspiration. Otherwise, He would leave them alone. It is all up to you and me. It all depends on our intentions toward teating our fellow humanbeings. Be nice to your parents, to your neighbors and to others; worship Allah Almighty; try your best to be honest and truthful; and try your best to not hurt others even in the least things.

This topic is further discussed in this site: Is Evil from Satan, Ourselves or Allah?
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 27, 2012
Unbelievers: To be persecuted or forgiven?

Let us look at Noble Verses 9:28-29 "O ye believe! Truly the pagans are unclear; so let them not, after this year of theirs, approach the Sacred Mosque. And if ye fear povery, soon will Allah enrich you, if He wills, out of His bounty, For Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise.

Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the last day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of truth, from among the people of the book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Let us look at Noble Verse 45:14 "Tell those who believe, to forgive those who do not look forward to the days of Allah: It is for Him to recompense (for good or ill) each people acording to what they have earned."

It is quite clear that Noble Verses 9:28-29 came for a certain period of time and for a certain reason (battle or conflict). Notice that Allah Almighty said ", after this year, (9:28)" This clearly proves that this order from Allah Almighty regarding fighting/killing unbelievers was for that particular conflict/war for that year.

It is prohibited to kill non-Muslims in Muslim lands or under the Islamic ruling: "Until, when he reached the setting of the sun, he found it set in a spring of murky water: Near it he found a People: We said: 'O Zul-qarnain! (thou hast authority,) either to punish them, or to treat them with kindness.' (The Noble Quran, 18:86)" In this Noble Verse we see that if the enemy wants to do us harm, then we must punish those who did us harm. Otherwise, we must treat the enemy civilians and the innocents with kindness.

Please visit Does Islam really allow the killing of innocent unbelievers? for more details.

As for Noble Verse 45:14, it is a general one. Allah Almighty orders Muslims in the Noble Quran to allow total freedom of choice to people and to never try to force them into Islam; "Let there be no compulsion (forcing others) in religion: Truth stands out clear from error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy handhold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things. (The Noble Quran, 2:256)" The Noble Quran prohibits Muslims to force any person into Islam. Muslims must not let people resent Islam and Muslims. They must leave people decide for themselves because the "Truth stands out clear from error, (2:256)"

Compulsion is incompatible with religion: Because (1) religion depends upon faith and will, and these would be meaningless by force; (2) Truth and Error have been so clearly shown up by the mercy of Allah Almighty that there should be no doubt in the minds of any persons of good will as to the fundamentals of faith; (3) Allah Almighty's protection is continuous, and His Plan is always to lead us from the depths of darkness into the clearest light.
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 27, 2012
God's advise to Muhammad (PBUH) on propagating Islam

As similarly explained in my previous response, where I showed you that the two Noble Verses that ordered the Muslims to fight the disbelievers came for a particular time and for a particular war, this case here is the same thing !.

For Noble Verses 8:38-39, Allah Almighty ordered the Muslims to fight the pagans of Mecca and the hypocrites from the Jews and Christians who entered Islam and deserted it afterwards to create doubts in the Muslims' hearts and to make them think that Islam is not a religion worth adopting.

Noble Verses 8:38-39 came for the same exact reason as Noble Verses 2:190-191 "Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors.

And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith."

Noble Verses 8:38-39 and 2:190-191 came for special purposes and for limited times only !. The Muslims in the city of Medina used to face continuos wars from the Pagans and the Jews and Christians. The Muslims had absolutely no choice !.

Despite all the hard conditions that the Muslims faced, Allah Almighty still ordered them ", not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors."

It is easy for an anti-Islamic to come today and to twist the truth about the Noble Quran and to show Islam as a religion of transgressing, compulsion and battles, when in reality Islam is quite the opposite of that !.

Please see No compulsion in Islam for more details
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by crossman9(m): 10:19pm On Feb 27, 2012
but Islam is meant to be a religion of peace but it kills people and this book says if there be any book of any contradiction it is not the word of God i.e. Allah

So this is clear if you find just one then it is not the word of God this is applying the same rules to the QUR'AN
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 27, 2012
crossman
I think you are mixing up the teachings of Islam with the behaviour of some muslims. By the way, what do you have to say about the actions of hitler who is reported to have killed 6 million jews? or of the serbian christian terrorists who killed thousands of Bosnian muslims and gang rap.ed thousand of muslim women. Christian USA dropped Atomic bomb on Japan killing thousands, Invaded Afgahnistan and Iraq killing hundreds of thousands in the process. Did you read the atrocities committed by the crusaders:in the name of the cross men were slaughtered and women raped, oh I almost forgot the inquisition
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by crossman9(m): 11:24am On Feb 28, 2012
well who is getting confused now did you know these people you call Christians where not Christians in fact they were pagans they never followed the teaching of Christ they were following a pagan roman version of Christianity in the book or revelation the church it was talking about the catholic church the LovePeddler of Babylon the mystery religion roman as killed more Christians and Jews and Muslims that any in history they start slavery in west Africa but in all truth there was Arab slave traders there for century before any cape crusaders’ turned up little joke there?   

Remember the New Testament it is forbidden but it does give conditions if you are a slave and talks about us becoming slave to Christ which really means a slave to righteous living which in a way Islam teaches and for the record Islam practice slavery there is some good points they must wear the same clothing as the slave owner and eat the same food, but in the what most Christians call the old testament, does teach slavery but it was to pay of a money problems or if you were caught stealing  they were called bond slaves and that is where piercing come from so if you were to take a person from that period in time travel forward in time they would think all the woman where slaves?

But the crimes of the Catholic Church they persecuted Jewish people for keeping Gods law and keeping the Sabbath day during the inquisition if a person had no smoking coming out there chimney they were promptly arrested for being heretics and taken before the grand inquisitor for trials and torcher   for keeping Gods law that is back to front in the eyes of the whole bible, so if you’re going to cites what you call Christian is in fact not Christian at all it was roman pagan gods rebranded made to look like Christianity read the (two Babylon’s) in fact look at European history 

I was watch this program on a channel called EWTN which is the catholic channel and this priest and historian where talking about the history of Christendom in Europe and I start to laugh because if any catholic was to  read there bible they would see this is the church the bible talks about being the anti-Christ they were intellectualising everything they could not see the church they were talking in history was in fact the great false church in the book of revelation 17:

there is very few teaching of Christ actually practiced with the church, it is all a big love bomb teaching, love evil, love idols, break the commandments of God,  this is the church you are citing so please never quote this so called Christian church, the catholic church, it is guilty of more crime in history than any other I can think of?

The Catholics are more like sophism in Islam   and true Christians are like Sunnis in the teaching of the QUR'AN and for the record I am not confused this was imam from the mosque that told if there is any book of any contrition it is not the word God
So if there is just one contradiction in the QUR’AN then it is not the word of God fact?

The teacher at the mosque used this passage as weapon to attack the bible but if I had not received the Holy Spirit I would have converted to islam even with my great knowledge of the bible and I was supper naturally healed
So you can cite all the so called contrition until the end of time I will tell you how Jesus healed me?
But if you want prove I am the living prove and I am it?

I will tell you about the God of my fathers the God of Israel the only true God?
Re: Contradictions In The Bible by FXKing2012(m): 11:54am On Feb 28, 2012
My dear the Bible is very complete and there are no contradictions in the Holy Book. The Bible is the Word of God and we neither serve a confused God nor a God of confusion, so any contradiction you think there is in the Bible only exists in your head.
You need the Holy Spirit and the wisdom of God to fully understand the Bible, so I'm never surprised when someone may open his/her mouth to say there are contradictions in the Bible.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Always Women Falls Under Anointing And Not Men? / 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder / Who Invented The Scientific Method?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 232
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.