Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,760 members, 7,965,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 11:55 PM

How Can You Overcome Insecurities In A Long Distance Relationship? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can You Overcome Insecurities In A Long Distance Relationship? (8975 Views)

Does Long Distance Relationship Ever Work Out????? / Signs That Your Long Distance Relationship Is Fading / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can You Overcome Insecurities In A Long Distance Relationship? by lastpage: 12:56am On Feb 29, 2012
In the interim, if you're a "God trusting person", seek the face of God. Fast and Pray regularly that "God should give and reveal your own wife, to you. The "bone of your bones, the one that is truly yours". God hears and answer prayers[/color] (coming from shine-shine bobo like myself! shocked shocked ).
At times, Pray with your lady, (like over Skype video-call), fast together over your relationship, tell her to also pray that your separation may come to an end soon. It bonds the two of you together and gives the relationship "a conscience"

Let God take control of that which you are powerless to control. He may even hasten your way back home to your loved one.
Dont give your self "blood pressure". What will be, will be.

In all communication is the life-blood of every relationship. Work on that for now.
Wish you the best in Life.

Lastpage!

Hmmm, this my "story" gets long again! angry shocked
Re: How Can You Overcome Insecurities In A Long Distance Relationship? by stepo707: 11:25am On Feb 29, 2012
lastpage:

In the interim, if you're a "God trusting person", seek the face of God. Fast and Pray regularly that "God should give and reveal your own wife, to you. The "bone of your bones, the one that is truly yours". God hears and answer prayers[/color] (coming from shine-shine bobo like myself! shocked shocked ).
At times, Pray with your lady, (like over Skype video-call), fast together over your relationship, tell her to also pray that your separation may come to an end soon. It bonds the two of you together and gives the relationship "a conscience"

Let God take control of that which you are powerless to control. He may even hasten your way back home to your loved one.
Dont give your self "blood pressure". What will be, will be.

In all communication is the life-blood of every relationship. Work on that for now.
Wish you the best in Life.

Lastpage!

Hmmm, this my "story" gets long again! angry shocked
Last page bro,you must be a relationship analyst.Thats good.
Re: How Can You Overcome Insecurities In A Long Distance Relationship? by MrsChima1(f): 11:32am On Feb 29, 2012
Those epistles sound great, however two people need to first be in agreement with what they want in the relationship. 

It is true that couples that prays together stays together, but we must take in account that not everyone is spiritual or religious. 

They both need to make sure they are compatible and are in agreement with each other.  Once they have established the agreement, then they need to both work at it spiritually and mentally. 

Our flesh can control our mind so we need to be spiritually powered to fight the flesh.  The flesh may desire other men, women, become jealous of this and that, and want to give up because it is too hard. 

We first must introduce the spirit to the couple in order for the couple to thrive spiritually. 

[size=44pt]There is no life amongst dead coals.  [/size]

OP, make sure that you and the girl is in agreement before you waste any more of your time.
Re: How Can You Overcome Insecurities In A Long Distance Relationship? by igetsbizy(m): 12:32pm On Feb 29, 2012
Well said peeps. Thank you very much most of the post have been really helpful. Esp Lastpage and Mrs Chima.
Re: How Can You Overcome Insecurities In A Long Distance Relationship? by dlanny: 10:35pm On Feb 29, 2012
Distance in a relationship when not handle with care, can ruin a good relationship. I think you must have known your lady to some certain extent. Try to have positive thinking towards her so far you are not seeing her. Are you also 'clean' over there? We get to close eyes to some issues in a relatiönship as we are not sure. Try to call her on regular basis while still taking note of her own rate of calling you. I am in the same shoe with you.
Re: How Can You Overcome Insecurities In A Long Distance Relationship? by igetsbizy(m): 10:48am On Mar 01, 2012
^^^^Sigh, Thanks man. I'm trying my best. It aint easy,
Re: How Can You Overcome Insecurities In A Long Distance Relationship? by Nayah(f): 11:02am On Mar 01, 2012
Poster, just try to find more hobbies, trust in yourself and tell yourself that if the person is dumping you, it means she doesn't deserve you

smiley
Re: How Can You Overcome Insecurities In A Long Distance Relationship? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 01, 2012
Does having trust on such partner discourages him/her from cheating? Its one of those shits that happen, engage yourself in so many distractions and you won't feel that inferiority stuff, its only wussies that have this kind of feeling.
Re: How Can You Overcome Insecurities In A Long Distance Relationship? by lastpage: 7:15am On Mar 02, 2012
@mrs. Chima

Those epistles sound great, however two people need to first be in agreement with what they want in the relationship.

Learn NOT TO use DEROGATORY WORDS to describe someone's post!
At least, let such come from someone who wrote something remotely more informative!,
I doubt if it is just a case of careless choice of words?!

Lastpage!
Re: How Can You Overcome Insecurities In A Long Distance Relationship? by MrsChima1(f): 7:16am On Mar 02, 2012
lastpage:

@mrs. Chima
Learn NOT TO use DEROGATORY WORDS to describe someone's post!
At least, let such come from someone who wrote something remotely more informative!,
I doubt if it is just a case of careless choice of words?!

Lastpage!

No, it was the right word.  Did you take an offense?
Re: How Can You Overcome Insecurities In A Long Distance Relationship? by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 02, 2012
...pls delete
Re: How Can You Overcome Insecurities In A Long Distance Relationship? by lastpage: 7:35am On Mar 03, 2012
@Mrs. Chima
No, it was the right word. Did you take an offense?

Offense ke? How can l take offense, knowing the 'source' of such uncouth yarns! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

"Argue not with fools, less you increase their numbers"
- Greek Proverb. wink wink

Lastpage!

@Moodie: Unfortunately, no offense taken and there will be no quarrel, Mrs. Chima knows better! wink cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Must A Man Wear A New Suit On His Wedding Day? / I Gave Him An Ultimatum To Marry Me Or I Walk Out,but I Got The Shock Of My Life / Which Of This Is The Best METHOD To Punish A Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.