Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,051 members, 7,942,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 05:17 PM

What Would You Consider The Most Important Ingredient Of A Healthy Marriage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Would You Consider The Most Important Ingredient Of A Healthy Marriage? (6321 Views)

Essentials For A Healthy Marriage / 12 Ways To Have A Happy, Healthy Marriage / TIPS On A Healthy Marriage: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would You Consider The Most Important Ingredient Of A Healthy Marriage? by modavi: 4:35pm On Feb 29, 2012
luckyz4rea:

i agree with modavi, and that is if God was or is the foundation of the marriage!
of course,God just has to be the foundation of every marriage unless you want crises in it.God is Love and Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease 1corinthians 13 vs 4-8--which are all that are needed to hold a marriage considering the fact that you both come from different backgrounds and will find it difficult to adjust as a result of the different traits you both have as 'mere humans' but with God (love) in your marriage,you can make it work.
Re: What Would You Consider The Most Important Ingredient Of A Healthy Marriage? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 29, 2012
God the creator of man and marriage. God is Love.
MONEY? It is essential, necessary and important. If one is not wealthy, you can @ least meet every of your needs.
Re: What Would You Consider The Most Important Ingredient Of A Healthy Marriage? by ekpriobong(m): 4:55pm On Feb 29, 2012
@Okontami
You are right there. And no one is more important than the other as absence of anyone there can still give a big blow to the marriage.
Re: What Would You Consider The Most Important Ingredient Of A Healthy Marriage? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 29, 2012
Respect-for yourselves, for one another and most importantly for God and His laws concerning marriage.
@Okontami killed it though.
Re: What Would You Consider The Most Important Ingredient Of A Healthy Marriage? by Harpesin(m): 6:10pm On Feb 29, 2012
fear of god
Re: What Would You Consider The Most Important Ingredient Of A Healthy Marriage? by fantasticV(f): 9:01pm On Feb 29, 2012
On my own;
1. Grace of God: prayer is the master key to every marriage, so u need to ask God for his grace for u 2 carried out ur responsiblities as a partner becos marriage is a misery.
2. Understanding: dis matters alot in marriage, d ability to understand ur partner can do much better in a successful marriage.
3. Tolerance and forgiveness: Nobody is perfect, moreover u were not brought up in d same environment with ur partner, so dere must b different in character, him /her must ve some limitations interms of character so tolerant can go a long way to make he's/her's character to suit urs. Learn how to forgive one another, bear it in mind that to err is human and to forgive is divine.
4. Appreciation: appreciate ur man/woman, never u alway count on his/her error, make he/she ur priority, it gives sense of belonging in all human beings.
5. Sex: this is the most vital factors as far as marriage is concern. Make ur woman feel that A Woman(bringout d woman in her) in d otherhand woman should also do dsame. Many home have broken due to lack of sex satisfactory. If u dont know, my dear try learn it sharp sharp.
6. Never u trust: i know this will sound wrong to u but it is the fact.
Never u see him/her as a saint, see him/her as an ordinary human who is weak and can be tempted to subduced.
All these constitute what we called LOVE. Without these things that i mentioned, i bet u no love. People misplace infatuation with love dats y there are alot of divorce in the society today.
Re: What Would You Consider The Most Important Ingredient Of A Healthy Marriage? by redleich(m): 9:59am On Mar 01, 2012
God
Trust
Love
in that order
Re: What Would You Consider The Most Important Ingredient Of A Healthy Marriage? by jollyluv(f): 10:08am On Mar 01, 2012
Just note the following, some of them might mean the same thing. This is the Ten KOMMANDMENTS

1. God
2. Prayer
3. Respect
4. Fidelity
5. Truthfulness
6. Understanding
7. Forgiveness
8. Industrious - (Man and Woman) - The man should be able to provide for the home while the woman should be able to bring quality ideas too.
9. Koboko. You must know how to make your woman scream i want more and its enough o, i no dey do again.
10. Snail - You must be able to make your man to be confessing of the glory of the Lord when you are f.ucking the hell out of him. You should be able to dig him that he wont know when he will be making promises without you request

Am gonna have to agree with you. But u have forgotten the most important thing :- LOVE.
Re: What Would You Consider The Most Important Ingredient Of A Healthy Marriage? by ayodele123(m): 2:20pm On Mar 01, 2012
Many of them including:
Love :the basic foundation & the greatest.
Fellowship : through prayer, sharing, communication
Acceptance : None is perfect, accept each other as he/ she is
Maturity : doing the right thing at the right time
Integrity : commitment to marital vows
Yieldedness : two wrongs dont make a right, yield for the sake of peace. dont stick to your own guns alwayz.
Sex : Make it available and use it rightly to promote marital harmony. Wrong use leads to marital discord
Forgiveness: Forgive each other, forget the offence and move on
Re: What Would You Consider The Most Important Ingredient Of A Healthy Marriage? by shumno(f): 2:45pm On Mar 01, 2012
GOD. He holds and is the centre and the reason why we live and exist at all.
Re: What Would You Consider The Most Important Ingredient Of A Healthy Marriage? by jennygernale(f): 5:55pm On Mar 02, 2012
Just note the following, some of them might mean the same thing. This is the Ten KOMMANDMENTS

1. God
2. Prayer
3. Respect
4. Fidelity
5. Truthfulness
6. Understanding
7. Forgiveness
8. Industrious - (Man and Woman) - The man should be able to provide for the home while the woman should be able to bring quality ideas too.
9. Koboko. You must know how to make your woman scream i want more and its enough o, i no dey do again.
10. Snail - You must be able to make your man to be confessing of the glory of the Lord when you are f.ucking the hell out of him. You should be able to dig him that he wont know when he will be making promises without you requesting.

SHIKENA its ten over ten

I hail o! you too basky wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Has Parenthood Changed About You? / When U Finally Beat Her She Will Run To Social Media For Sympathy / Help!!! My Daughter Doesn't Eat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.