Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,295 members, 7,977,910 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 03:31 PM

The Lord Is Terrible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lord Is Terrible (661 Views)

The Lord Is Calling The University Of Lagos, Nigeria, To Repentance / My Terrible Experience In A Church Today / Download Psalm 23(the Lord Is My Shepherd) As A Song On Your Pc Or Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lord Is Terrible by buzugee(m): 2:34pm On Feb 29, 2012
psalms 47 vs 2  For the lord Most High is terrible; He is a great King over all the earth. 

grin grin grin i know yall had the same reaction when i saw that verse. like whatttttttt   shocked
Re: The Lord Is Terrible by Enigma(m): 2:51pm On Feb 29, 2012
Hin get "terrible day" too --- if you know where to look.

Don't you just know days when I have some time on my hands!
Re: The Lord Is Terrible by buzugee(m): 3:11pm On Feb 29, 2012
Enigma:

Hin get "terrible day" too --- if you know where to look.

Don't you just know days when I have some time on my hands!
grin grin

like this is one of his terrible days EXODUS 15 VS 3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.
Re: The Lord Is Terrible by PastorAIO: 3:24pm On Feb 29, 2012
A lot of these english words have changed their meanings or changed in nuance since the time when the bibles were first translated.

Terrible today carries more negative connotations than 300 years ago.

Want: The lord is my shepherd I shall not want. when this was translated the word 'want' meant a state of utter deprivation. To be in want would mean to be homeless, jobless, and friendless.
Re: The Lord Is Terrible by buzugee(m): 3:46pm On Feb 29, 2012
Pastor AIO:

A lot of these english words have changed their meanings or changed in nuance since the time when the bibles were first translated. 

Terrible today carries more negative connotations than 300 years ago. 

Want:  The lord is my shepherd I shall not want.  when this was translated the word 'want' meant a state of utter deprivation.  To be in want would mean to be homeless, jobless, and friendless. 
you are right. you know what strong biblical scholars advocate ? they say when you study the bible, be sure to have a strongs concordance and the bible dictionary, and it also helps if you know some hebrew and a bit of greek.

like there is a part in the bible where solomon says 'i am black but comely'. which basically translates into 'i am black but handsome'. well if you go into the hebrew manuscripts, the 'but' actually translates to 'and'. so it should have been 'i am black and handsome'. someone didnt do their job correctly or had a hidden agenda.
Re: The Lord Is Terrible by modavi: 4:59pm On Feb 29, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Harold Camping Admits Rapture Prediction 'a Mistake' / Bomb Blast In Jos Moments Ago? / Ur Eternal Live.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.