Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,103 members, 7,919,555 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 10:32 AM

Igbo Market In India To Close On March 2 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Market In India To Close On March 2 (1850 Views)

Sabon Gari Market In Kano On Fire / BREAKING NEWS| How Buhari Smuggled Fugitive Omar Al-bashir Out Of India To Sudan / INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Market In India To Close On March 2 by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 29, 2012
Igbo market in India to close on March 2

The Igbo market on Mohammed Ali Road, Mumbai, India, will be shut-down on March 2 in honour of the late Ikemba Nnewi, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu. The Eze-Igbo Gburugburu, who died on November 26, 2011, would be interred on Friday. President of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, India chapter, Mr. Kingsley Chukwuma, who made this known in a statement, also called on all Igbo sons and daughters in India to continue mourning Ojukwu in black shirts till March 2.
According to him, Igbo indigenes in their black attires on February 19, 2012 had a procession with olive branches and candlelights through some streets before gathering at the Igbo Hall, Cosmos Building at Khar Road, Mumbai, India, to mourn the Biafran warlord who meant so much to them.

He said the occasion which was attended by over 500 Igbo indigenes, was to pay their last respect to the late Igbo leader, whom he insisted, would be difficult to replace. Chukwuma said the late Ojukwu sacrifice a lot by fighting for freedom and justice and urged Igbo indigenes in the Diaspora to keep his legacy alive by sustaining the struggle against injustice and oppression in Nigeria. He extended his condolence on behalf of Ohaneze Ndigbo, India chapter to the family of Ojukwu especially his widow, Bianca, who was billed to visit India upon her appointment as Special Assistant to President Goodluck Jonathan on Diaspora before the death of her husband last year.

The President of Nigeria community in Mumbai, India, Mr. Bless Agwuocha, described Ojukwu as the mirror of justice and requested every Igbo person to claim the greatness of Ojukwu in the course to achieve ethnic right in Nigeria by Ndigbo. DAILYSUN
Re: Igbo Market In India To Close On March 2 by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 29, 2012
Na wa, o,any country that ibo people no dey,u knw that it's a cursed place.they re too unique and special more than all these bufon tribes.

Any place u visit in d world and u do not see an igbo man there, carry ur bags & baggages, and hold ur slippers 4 hand and run. No look back o o o!

He deservd d best of all. WORLD WIDE PUBLIC HOLIDAY.
Re: Igbo Market In India To Close On March 2 by Dainfamous: 2:50pm On Feb 29, 2012
Too much power cheesy wink
Re: Igbo Market In India To Close On March 2 by scriptwizz: 3:18pm On Feb 29, 2012
sam(obo):

Na wa, o,any country that ibo people no dey,u knw that it's a cursed place.they re too unique and special more than all these bufon tribes.

Any place u visit in d world and u do not see an igbo man there, carry ur bags & baggages, and hold ur slippers 4 hand and run. No look back o o o!

GBAAM!!!
Re: Igbo Market In India To Close On March 2 by Rossikk(m): 4:43pm On Feb 29, 2012
Wow, I had no idea they had an ''Igbo market'' in India.

cool cool
Re: Igbo Market In India To Close On March 2 by Dainfamous: 4:47pm On Feb 29, 2012
Rossikk:

Wow, I had no idea they had an ''Igbo market'' in India.

cool cool
For igbos to Establish in india which we know indians are very industrious and business minded people shows igbos are different from others wink wink
Re: Igbo Market In India To Close On March 2 by Yeske2(m): 6:38pm On Feb 29, 2012
sam(obo):

Clap for yourself na. You don win.
Re: Igbo Market In India To Close On March 2 by ASOROCKb(m): 7:49pm On Feb 29, 2012
Yeske!:

Clap for yourself na. You don win.
Before nko.
Igbos=Winners in everything nah
Re: Igbo Market In India To Close On March 2 by 9jaIhail(m): 7:54pm On Feb 29, 2012
@ op you are faster than me,i was about posting this news before i saw that you have already posted it.well i am now happy as i was in india live and attended the last igbo community gathering for ojukwu burial in india,i was very happy when every1 agreed to close down their business in honour of ojukwu, both those that has factory in channai  oboy you need to visit places like channai etc you will realize that igbo's are smart,industrious,talented, i met more than 20 igbos who i visited their factories and business places. i can't believe nigeria is losing this kind of talented individuals for politics sack.saw igbos producing many things and export their products to africa.well i weep for thee nigiria politics has eaten you up nigiria.biafra my country i am waiting for you ooo.
Re: Igbo Market In India To Close On March 2 by 9jaIhail(m): 7:57pm On Feb 29, 2012
EZE ONLYTRUTH,I AM NOT HAPPY WITH YOU AS YOU HAVE NOT ADDRESS YOUR PEOPLE WHO CHOOSES YOU TO LEAD THEM,EZE WE LOOK UP TO YOU TELL US WHAT SHALL WE DO ON THE DAY OF OJUKWU BURIAL AS A MARK OF HONOUR TO OUR HERO.EZE WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEAR FROM YOU.

EZE MAY YOUR DAY BE LONG. MAY GOD GIVE YOU THE SAME KNOWLEDGE AND WISDOM HE GAVE TO KING SOLOMON.
Re: Igbo Market In India To Close On March 2 by macjive01: 5:44am On Mar 01, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

@ op you are faster than me,i was about posting this news before i saw that you have already posted it.well i am now happy as i was in india live and attended the last igbo community gathering for ojukwu burial in india,i was very happy when every1 agreed to close down their business in honour of ojukwu, both those that has factory in channai  oboy you need to visit places like channai etc you will realize that igbo's are smart,industrious,talented, i met more than 20 igbos who i visited their factories and business places. i can't believe nigeria is losing this kind of talented individuals for politics sack.saw igbos producing many things and export their products to africa.well i weep for thee nigiria politics has eaten you up nigiria.biafra my country i am waiting for you ooo.

close down ? abi shut their doors for a day ?

Anyway still a good news.
Re: Igbo Market In India To Close On March 2 by 9jaIhail(m): 6:00am On Mar 01, 2012
macjive01:

close down ? abi shut their doors for a day ?

Anyway still a good news.

Sorry close for the day of his burial.
Re: Igbo Market In India To Close On March 2 by macjive01: 10:16am On Mar 01, 2012
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News! Biafra Government In Exile Drag Nigeria To ICC / War Not A Tea Party –ex-biafran Army Leader, Col Achuzie Warns / Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan Without Shoes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.